Gentleman's Brand Vapes

OF

My batteries are indeed 510 thread which I see does not work with the omi carts. I see gmans has the thread adapter but I also read it is garbage so forget that.

I read the omi carts are rated at 1.5ohm vs the gmans at 2.0..

Based on my new found understanding, this is the adapter you want:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

I'm using one on basically that same 'battery' right now in fact (or so it seems...).

Yes, lower resistance carts run hotter, but no, you don't want to do that. Go with the 2.4 Ohm versions. Plenty of vapor for most folks and much more forgiving while learning to deal with them. Besides that battery is really marginal, I sure don't want to subject mine to the nearly 70% power increase with 1.5s.

These guys will sell singles:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

You'll probably want to order the loading tool as well (some guys use a cake frosting funnel tip):
http://www.planetvape.ca/cartridge-fill-tool.html

I'd suggest starting with half a gram....and a few extra carts.

OF

OF,

erkmia

Thanks OF, adapter has been ordered. i'll look around for a state side vendor with the omi carts if i dont find them singles i will just go for the pack. Kinda sucks to have all these now and not get any use out of them but you live an learn:doh:

OF

Thanks OF, adapter has been ordered. i'll look around for a state side vendor with the omi carts if i dont find them singles i will just go for the pack. Kinda sucks to have all these now and not get any use out of them but you live an learn:doh:

You're welcome. Sorry about the cost of the carts, but consider you're about to switch to a system where a ten dollar cart will give you something like 1200 hits from an average four grams of concentrate. Something on the order of a dime a hit. While I've never tried the GV carts, I'm told they're a weak 60 to 80 hits each?

I bet the break even point isn't that far off? All you have to do to get there faster is vape more......you up to that?

OF

OF,

Adobewan

@erkmia
Have you opened all of them already? If not, you may want to call them and tell them you're unhappy with your purchase and would like a refund. Although the products are sub-par, when I reported an issue, their resolution was very positive.
Worth a try at least.
Good luck!

Adobewan,
Reactions: OF

erkmia

You're welcome. Sorry about the cost of the carts, but consider you're about to switch to a system where a ten dollar cart will give you something like 1200 hits from an average four grams of concentrate. Something on the order of a dime a hit. While I've never tried the GV carts, I'm told they're a weak 60 to 80 hits each?

I bet the break even point isn't that far off? All you have to do to get there faster is vape more......you up to that?

OF

Definitely up for that!

Adobe, the carts don't really come sealed so who knows. I will give it a shot but I was told they are guaranteed against DOA. After seeing if a handful of them heat up I found 2 duds already.

erkmia,
Reactions: OF

erkmia

so i ordered 2 of the adapters and some 1.5 and 2.4ohm carts to try out. Also added the fill tool. We'll see how this goes but i will prolly end up leaving my ecig stuff for my ecigs and picking up a omi down the road.

erkmia

Quick lil update. The 1 cart that I had running leaked out the bottom today.

On another note. Any of you guys frequent flyers? Carts don't seem to noticeable I think?

erkmia,

erkmia

So i received the adapters... Hopefully the carts get here Monday.

On a side note. Anyone might know what this is out of?

HfGaN.jpg

I can't find something similar anywhere. Starting to believe its a modified cart but which? It's much shorter then the gman cart..

Thanks!

erkmia,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
looks like cnc stainless steel, what kind of cart? I see no heater..
on another side note, been ordering gman's ejuice, very good stuff indeed, this english breakfast and earl gray in a tank have been good to me in the morning

kushcabbage,

erkmia

I'm not to satisfied with the carts. I have a $15 dollar credit with them which I doubt I'll use. But I will keep the e-juice in mind just incase.

Here is a side shot

TQUmC.png

And one filled..

MFnqS.png

It definitely has some sort of heater

erkmia,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
looks to be the standard ceramic with wire coil that has been floating around as "dab carts" like the grenco g pen and the vaped type. Pretty nice for a dab or two but wouldn't bet my health on it, or reliability on it. more proven methods of oil delivery has been the revolution by thermovape and omicron, which both has massive fan boy based threads

kushcabbage,

erkmia

These are nothing like the gman vape. And all the ones I see for the gpen is that tank style with the wicks.

These are floating around locally but they won't give the source. Waiting on my omi carts that's for sure!

erkmia

Received the Omi carts.. All I gotta say about gmans is.. Paperweight...

2.4ohm not so much what I'm after. The 1.5 on the other hand.. I am uPhigh right now!

OF

Received the Omi carts.. All I gotta say about gmans is.. Paperweight...

2.4ohm not so much what I'm after. The 1.5 on the other hand.. I am uPhigh right now!

Yup, kinda tragic how guys spend their money on such marginal junk when good gear is very little more.

My advice remains; Master the 2.4 Ohm carts before fooling with 1.5s. Not only is it a lot easier for them to get away, but IMO they cook the oil even if kept strictly under control. You get more vapor, but taste suffers.

I think guys really cheat themselves by going straight for 'big clouds'. I also think it's no accident at all that G ended up at 2.4 Ohms....he surely tried other values doncha think?

OF

FLAIRTENDER

jakob,
Do not order anything from gentlemens. I ordered the Double agent and the Executive and both broke within a month of ordering. The customer service was o.k. and replaced one of them but not the other. I was warned by everyone on here NOT to purchase from them, but i thought the price could not be beat. You get what you pay for...they are not even good e-cigs. I wasted 2 grams of wax in there carts, which did not work well. Stay away!

I have my DA for a several weeks now and its works good with eliquid so far and ima get some thc ejuice for it which should work. But i see several bad reviews but when i connect my hash oil carts to it they heat up fast and get hot so it seems like they works good but i haven't got any oil yet to try it out but i plan to soon.

andyspartan,

FLAIRTENDER

The problem is the silicone ring by the fire button. It drys out and cracks, then it comes out and breaks at the top from lack of support. I tried doing the thc e-juice, with liquid gold (expensive) and with hash oil. The cotton in the cartomizer takes it, but you dont get high from it. Yes the hash oil carts get hot, but you will have about a 50% failure rate. Be sure to only load very little at a time because it WILL fail on you. I will see you back here when you are ready to buy a TV.

jakob

i wasnt planning on buying the whole thing..just interested in using the herb carts with my omicron

jakob,

OF

would be a waste of herbs. the carts have one hot wire that is just suspended, which ignites whatever is close, doesn't affect everything in the chamber, tastes like shit.

Yeah, but it's almost as good as my Volcano......

OF

OF,
The problem is the silicone ring by the fire button. It drys out and cracks, then it comes out and breaks at the top from lack of support. I tried doing the thc e-juice, with liquid gold (expensive) and with hash oil. The cotton in the cartomizer takes it, but you dont get high from it. Yes the hash oil carts get hot, but you will have about a 50% failure rate. Be sure to only load very little at a time because it WILL fail on you. I will see you back here when you are ready to buy a TV.
Well im buying some thc eliquid which is exactly like their own eliquids but except for having nicotine its goona have thc obliviously so If anything and the hash oil carts do not work ill just put it in a blunt.

andyspartan,

OF

Well im buying some thc eliquid which is exactly like their own eliquids but except for having nicotine its goona have thc obliviously so If anything and the hash oil carts do not work ill just put it in a blunt.

This sounds interesting, but my understanding if this is VG or PG is just not a good solvent for THC. You can force them to mix at high enough temperatures, but they tend to separate right away. Typical 'best case' is about 3 to 1 (25% 'hash oil', maybe 15% THC). This leads to numbers like four or five dozen hits per gram loaded. A typical guy looking for a dozen or so mg of THC is going to need a few of those hits (there's only 150mg there to start with if those numbers are correct), you'll get maybe 10 or 12 sessions out of it? It will produce 'huge clouds' due to the PG or VG base of course.....it'll look good.

You've got to remember, Nicotine is a very very powerful drug. A few mg is a huge dose. For us, most guys won't notice a THC dose that small. This is exactly what got G to get cracking on the Omicron. He used to make these guys and told us all about how to do it and why it doesn't work as well on the Sticky Guide forum a year or so back:
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

Please post your results? I'd be good to confirm those numbers.

TIA

OF

Well its this guy I know, he makes it himself and doesnt use any herb and the vg or pg to make the solvent in it. I think he probably makes it into like a oil and them will heat both the substances up to and mix it for a while. He uses just the right amount and every person who has tried his thc eliquid has not said anything about it clogging up their tinctures. And I pretty sure the potency is like around 15% and his current mix is from the strain Headband. And also he sells it by the ML and he said what hes tested and other person have with it, is like 1 drop is like 10 hits and 1 ML is like 20 drops. That or the other way around.

andyspartan,
Top Bottom