• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gentleman's Brand Vapes

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
sessnet said:
There is usually a cotton "sponge" to hold the liquid in e-cigs. Does the omicron work the same way?

no omicron is unique, there is no cotton, its custom designed for THC not ecig juice. It uses pure hash oil, earwax, shatter glass, etc.

You can read more on the link in my sig if your interested. the wiki article I wrote has a lot of info in it.

You should be able to buy omicron carts and mount on the battery kit you bought using the adapter they are advertising.

whether you get similar results to the omicron battery is unknown.

ru_frothi,

2clicker

Observer
Gentlemans, do you have any more pics?

any of the USB and of it charging? maybe just a shot of the whole pen?

what about video?

thanks!

2clicker,

Gentlemans

Manufacturer
Hey All! Thanks for the lively thread!

This unit is actually very unique (as is our company strategy in general) as it does not really stand to compete with these varying cartridges. there are MANY people with MANY preferences. for instance I prefer a VG/PG base high for a good few reasons over a pure oil high:

a) the metabolism of it. seems to onset as fast as smoking, but a get a less heady / more body/edible type of feel.
b) the water vapor - i really love the cool and soothing byproduct of water vapor in my hits. its a lot more "refreshing" and cooler on the throat
c) the mix and match accessibility - heres the thing - I am an e-cig lover too. Through e-liquid i've not only quit smoking actual cigs, but also come to love the brilliant flavors, etc. hookah like quality of them. So i personally love being able to get affordable and accessible e-cig cartridges and make "spliffs" of them with nicotine and thc extract.

BUT thats just me. Lots of people love the pure oil thing. the idea is not to pick for them but let them choose:

this is why the Double Agent has its very name - it includes a thread adapter for the omicon. there is no doubt an omicon cartridge design is unique and many people have a preference towards it. in fact lots of companies make cool cartridges and pre-fills all over the country.

the problem is ... well.. they dont cross over. thats why our kit, the double agent, includes what we call an "RX thread adapter"

It essentially adapts your pen to accept these niche cartridges, without sacrificing the thread on the pen itself. You can use an omicon cartridge on our pen, the difference is that we are focused on the pen itself. Unlike the omicon (and i am not picking on them at all, this is the case with actually just about ALL of these vapor pens) they dont have some common sense features. such as USB passthrough.

Why should I take my cartridge off and plug the whole pen into the computer to charge it, head first, for hours? with our pen, it plugs in through the bottom using the same USB to mini USB you use on your cellphone or digital camera. This lets you not only vape WHILE it charges, but now, you can grab your totally dead, battery drained unit, plug it into your car adapter, and be vaping in no time flat, rather than regretting you didnt charge it the night before.

Another feature standard in our pens is variable voltage. we dont think this should be a "multiple hundreds of dollar" feature. it should just always be there. not on the best model, but any model that can accept it.

the more output voltage options you have, the more cartridge options you have.

Think of us as the Linux Ethic in vapor pens. Though with a boutique take on aesthetics and liquid production.

Also, for those curious - the cartridge pictured is a Smart Cart tincture tank. this is for adding PG/VG to the outer tank, then a full melt of your choice as well. With usage, the center column heats the formula binding the THC into the e-liquid. But there are tons of carts we have lined up: a Bubble hash, tiny cartridge. An ego threaded dry herb atomizer. Tons of stuff. and when someone else makes something great - we wont steal it or bad mouth it - we'll just give you the option to incorporate it. it should be YOUR choice.

And yes. will be adding a ton of new pictures later this week! charge, voltage changing etc. and through out the weeks we will add a wiki style knowledge base with videos, how tos, etc, on DIY cartridge making, supplies, tutorials, etc. you can join our mailing list over at @ http://www.gentlemansvapes.com . We also just put blank GIANT size eGo threaded dual coil cartridges up on the site, perfect for making your own blends and vaping them. Giving their disposable nature, they are priced at an ultra reasonable $2 a cartridge.

Thanks again all, please always feel free to contact me with any direct questions also over at info@gentlemansvapes.com

- Julie

Gentlemans,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hmm... I bought the Double Agent thinking that's what the cart will look like (see through). So that means I won't be getting that cart?

sessnet,

Gentlemans

Manufacturer
You will indeed! I guess nows the time to blow the surprise, the pre-orders ship with gifts including cartridges. it is not advertised hehe (mainly because there isnt yet enough pictures for it's own product page, and if we told you about it, well, we'd want you to be able to see more and read more once you know).
I figured I should let you know now so you arent disappointed but we were hoping it would catch you off guard and be a surprise :D

Another cool thing about those cartridges is that the center dual coil cartomizer has an autofeed hole, so that it is constantly drawing in more liquid as you draw on it, making the chance of "burning it out" very unlikely. And you can also take that center column out, pop an Omicon or some other cart through, fill it with plain VG in the tank, and it'll act as a little heat dissipater chamber, letting a little heat out into the VG before making its way up to the mouth.

Hehe I am nerd - I'll make some videos for y'all!

Gentlemans,

Gentlemans

Manufacturer
totally: we have dried it and it works great. it's also great that omicon cartridges are avilable for different voltages. this pen cycles 3.2,.3.7 and 4.2. It also bypasses the Low Resistance turn off switch when you use the adapter. So it knows to just get as outrageously hot as you want it, depending on the setting you choose.

There is also a fantastically priced, larger manual switch button - the first of its type - that will cycle 3.7, 5, and 6 volts. ideal for even hotter vaping.

rufrothy said:
sessnet said:
There is usually a cotton "sponge" to hold the liquid in e-cigs. Does the omicron work the same way?

no omicron is unique, there is no cotton, its custom designed for THC not ecig juice. It uses pure hash oil, earwax, shatter glass, etc.

You can read more on the link in my sig if your interested. the wiki article I wrote has a lot of info in it.

You should be able to buy omicron carts and mount on the battery kit you bought using the adapter they are advertising.

whether you get similar results to the omicron battery is unknown.

Gentlemans,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
This is insane. So much information. I think I will go nuts with this.

I think your company is seriously taking huge steps by allowing other carts - and coming up with new ideas.

I won't ask any more questions to ruin the surprises! :ko:

sessnet,

Gentlemans

Manufacturer
I enjoy omicon cartridges a lot - I can definitely vouch for their working well with these pens. They were made with that option in mind. The things I like are using it on this pen, because I can use the discretion cone (similar to an ego cone type thing) to hide 3/4ths of the omicon cartridge itself - as it is a bit long and without the Gentlemans cone people look at me like "uhh what the hell is that crazy thing?!"

Changing temp at the click of a button is convenient too, but if I had to give my favorite part of combining the two, its the charge capability of this pen. It stays plugged into my laptop or iphone adapter and i just simply never, ever, have to stop vaping. Its like having a laptop plugged in vs taking it to go. as long its plugged, wether i use it or not, it is charging. and when i finally do have to leave the house, i unplug it and its fully charged and ready to go for the road! Just my thoughts!

- Julie

Gentlemans,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Gentlemans said:
I enjoy omicon cartridges a lot - I can definitely vouch for their working well with these pens. They were made with that option in mind. The things I like are using it on this pen, because I can use the discretion cone (similar to an ego cone type thing) to hide 3/4ths of the omicon cartridge itself - as it is a bit long and without the Gentlemans cone people look at me like "uhh what the hell is that crazy thing?!"

Changing temp at the click of a button is convenient too, but if I had to give my favorite part of combining the two, its the charge capability of this pen. It stays plugged into my laptop or iphone adapter and i just simply never, ever, have to stop vaping. Its like having a laptop plugged in vs taking it to go. as long its plugged, wether i use it or not, it is charging. and when i finally do have to leave the house, i unplug it and its fully charged and ready to go for the road! Just my thoughts!

- Julie

Thanks for the info on your product. sounds like some pretty cool features on the double agent.

ru_frothi,
Sorry, I am a little confused.. You have to get THC cartridges at headshops? Is that the only other way besides making your own, and if so is there any where to find them in Canada? I am fully licensed so no worries there..

Paulkemp420,

ctweips

I am a bit confused due to the large amount of information already on this thread. Will the base model shipping out Valentine's Day have the capabilities of vaping bubble hash?

ctweips,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Paulkemp420 said:
Sorry, I am a little confused.. You have to get THC cartridges at headshops? Is that the only other way besides making your own, and if so is there any where to find them in Canada? I am fully licensed so no worries there..

its a California only thing I believe.
you need access to oils and waxes and you gotta fill em yourself otherwise.

I don't believe this new model they're shipping first works with bubble hash.

ru_frothi,

2clicker

Observer
this pen sounds amazing. itching to see it in action. what about water filtration? can it milk a tube?

2clicker,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
2clicker said:
can it milk a tube?

lol it's a little pen...I really doubt it.

But I would love to carry this around for sure, it just looks so funking nice. I love the see through tank, I hope it's glass, so it doesn't stain...

It sort of looks like a mini bong, because of the see through tank.

sessnet,
2clicker said:
sessnet said:
2clicker said:
can it milk a tube?

lol it's a little pen...I really doubt it.

i coulda swore i saw a youtube video of someone getting some pretty nice rips with a bubbler and an omicron

I believe that was DubCRider's video, and indeed, it was full-fat milk.

I really appreciate how Gentleman's puts such an emphasis on being able to use so many different carts designs.

charliedontsurf,

dorkus_molorkus

fingers crossed this is the one I have been looking for.

subscribed to the newsletter.

cant wait for lots more info, but sounds awesome so far.

dorkus_molorkus,

Gentlemans

Manufacturer
Hey All! I look really forward to reading these and replying - I will first thing in the morning,

I just wanted to drop a fun bit of information. Gentleman's has now set up a no-waste free/compassion e-liquid program. I know this isn't the thing for most people in this particular forum but maybe some.

basically, we hand brew every batch of e-liquid here to taste. sometimes theres leftovers - and unlike, well, everyone in the known universe, we dont store them on a shelf. we know a lot of time people dont have the money to give 'kicking the habit' a chance when it comes to smoking cigs, etc. or to try e-cigs while currently on their own thing.

SO. we're giving e-liquid away. you dont get to choose the blend per se, but ---- it will be free. shipped to you every so often, for you to enjoy. we figure, why dump it - we can share it. and we'll even pay for the shipping. we dont care. we're a not-for-profit :lol:

check it out:

http://gentlemansvapes.com/blogs/news/5544082-compassion-g-liquid-program

and if you know e-cig fans, let them know.

thanks all!

-Julie

Gentlemans,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
So I have to say the product sounds great. I am anxious to see what comes next. Isnt it funny though that these peeps used a similar template to create their website as Thermovape?? I know I posted this before, but I really wanted to hear what some others thought.

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah - it's a template for tumbler (check the bottom of the page). It does look slick as hell, and matches the color/feel of the product, they picked one of the best designed/looking ones.

When I used to have a wordpress "blog" I picked the same theme my friend had, although I felt like a copycat a bit...but it was the coolest theme they had. Then, I noticed tons of other cool blogs were using the same theme.

sessnet,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Ah- ok...I just thought it was funny that it had the same look for the "view product" and the sort of moving, shifting page design. THanks for clearing that up for me bro! I am anxious to hear more about this device. It seems very cool. I don't know how many more portables I could buy (it's been many) but all things vapor is distinctly a hobby for me...:D

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hell yeah, for $60 - it's an awesome looking e-cig, can't wait to see how it performs!

My current e-cig was $35 but it was black and all scuffed up/scratched/with spots of missing black, UGLY NOW!

I really love the look of the Stainless Steel Double Agent, along with the see through tank. No more scuffed up pen - I can vape in style and look "fresh and clean".

My girlfriend doesn't smoke anything, but did smoke like 1 cig a day long ago. Now, sometimes, she asks me to take a pull off my e-cig. I will feel "cooler" giving her this pen...

And...

I wonder...if I mix in some oily goodness with my Strawberry liquid, if she will notice the difference :ko:

sessnet,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Really liking the approach of this company, very cool sounding product.

SF Giant,
Top Bottom