***Gamers*** What are you playing?

ilsasta

I have a PS Vita that I recently hacked. I installed RetroArch so I can use emulators to play all the classic games from the PS1 all the way back to the Atari 2600...

I envy you a lot in this post, good old games I would play over and over again.

I have my gaming computer being delivered tomorrow...so excited!

Did you already buy any game?

ilsasta,
Reactions: Ramahs

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
All I have is a switch, but I've been playing MK11 a lot lately. Trying to get good. It seems like I'm doing better, but then I get online and stand no chance against anyone lol

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
If anyone in the UK/ EU wants to play co-op in Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne or Nioh (all on PS4) give me a shout!

Otherwise, Children of Morta was really good recently... Hades looks fantastic, and is pretty good but I got bored of it after a few days. I heard that a recent update made it harder and that is a move in the wrong direction IMO.

Haze Mister,

ginolicious

I am playing Warface right now. I’m so hooked. It’s a free game. I play it on the switch. Oh man. Game is wild. I actually love it.

ginolicious,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I could never get into emulators. I buy the legit retro games. I have a massive collection.

Oh, I'd prefer to buy the actual retro systems, but that can get very expensive...plus, I've come to appreciate a handheld system that can hold a whole library of thousands of retro games. It has it's appeal.

Ramahs,

ginolicious

Oh, I'd prefer to buy the actual retro systems, but that can get very expensive...plus, I've come to appreciate a handheld system that can hold a whole library of thousands of retro games. It has it's appeal.

SNES classic is great for that. I only bought one for my collection.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Ramahs

Ramahs

SNES classic is great for that. I only bought one for my collection.

I have an NES I picked up off Ebay a few years ago, but I've yet to acquire an SNES.

I don't care about the "classic" mini-models. Those are basically emulators. I'd like to pick up an original SNES to go with my original NES though.

Ramahs,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I am playing Warface right now. I’m so hooked. It’s a free game. I play it on the switch. Oh man. Game is wild. I actually love it.

That's good to hear, as you know there is a lot of bad reviews on it. Been thinking of trying it out myself.

Relaxed,

ginolicious

That's good to hear, as you know there is a lot of bad reviews on it. Been thinking of trying it out myself.

haven’t read any reviews to be honest. For a free game it’s not bad at all. Maps are a little small. Some stuff does piss me off. But I own a Nintendo switch and this is giving me some good FPS action every night. Bringing back memories of playing the OG black ops on ps3.

ginolicious,

GetLeft

Don't hate me please... I got my son a pretty decent gaming computer a couple of months ago but our wireless isn't working well with it. To take our coaxial cable internet service directly to the computer, all I need is a coupler (coaxial to ethernet), correct?

GetLeft,

grogazola

Don't hate me please... I got my son a pretty decent gaming computer a couple of months ago but our wireless isn't working well with it. To take our coaxial cable internet service directly to the computer, all I need is a coupler (coaxial to ethernet), correct?

Typically to game you want to be wired for not just speed but latency/lag as well.

grogazola,
Reactions: GetLeft

Ramahs

Anyone exploring Apple Arcade, that has some recommendations?

I just signed up for the free trial, and am enjoying Oceanhorn 2, VR X-Racer, and Towanga; Among Shadows.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

What internet speed are you supposed to be getting...and what are you actually getting (download and upload speeds)?

grogazola

When Apple TV 4 originally came out, I picked up a controller and played a few quality games like Bastion and the original Oceanhorn. They were good, but they felt like they were late PS2/early PS3 games.

I’d be super interested to hear your thoughts on the Apple Arcade @Ramahs. I know the new Apple TV 4K runs off of the A10X processor whereas my OG Apple TV ran off the A8X processor. I’m guessing it could make a huge difference!

grogazola,

GetLeft

What internet speed are you supposed to be getting...and what are you actually getting (download and upload speeds)?

I can dig that info up. I'm not a gamer at all. But when my son uses his xbox 1 via wireless, he has no problems playing games like GTA and CoD. I was surprised when he told me he couldn't download Steam. Just wonder if I need to buy another modem to pass the cable through before connecting it to his Skytech Shadow or if an inline coupler will do the trick. Thanks for even taking the time to consider the totally non-gamer questions.

GetLeft,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I can dig that info up. I'm not a gamer at all. But when my son uses his xbox 1 via wireless, he has no problems playing games like GTA and CoD. I was surprised when he told me he couldn't download Steam. Just wonder if I need to buy another modem to pass the cable through before connecting it to his Skytech Shadow or if an inline coupler will do the trick. Thanks for even taking the time to consider the totally non-gamer questions.

No coupler, run a cable straight from your Modem or Router to the computer.

Relaxed,
Reactions: GetLeft

GetLeft

Done. Thanks @Relaxed . I actually bought an additional modem / router but found out that the cable provider allows only one modem per house. So whipped out the drill, put a hole in the floor of the room where our tv is and ran the ethernet cable from the router through the basement and up through the floor on the other side of the house. Too simple but I'm a dumb ass and had to make things harder than they were. Won't hear from my son for around a month now. Hell, I might even start gaming.

GetLeft,
Reactions: Relaxed

hinglemccringleberry

Anyone have any recommendations for good multiplayer games for the PS3? Ive been completely out of gaming for well over 10 years. I only played a few single player shooters back in the day (COD, etc). Now that I'm in a relationship and the covid-19 virus has us staying home alot more, we want to get back into gaming but I'm out of the loop on what the best 2-player games are that I should be sticking in my Blu-ray player (AKA PS3). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hinglemccringleberry,

justcametomind

I’m playing Animal Crossing on Nintendo Switch, hit me with pm if you want to visit me. I also discovered a little gem exclusive to Switch. It’s digital download only, it’s called Dawn of Survivors. It’s a lot like AC but with Zombies too, in a world where a virus has wiped out 80% of the population. Like if it was made for these crazy times. It’s only a couple of bucks and has online gaming too, construction of your house, crafting weapons and cooperation between players in fighting and crafting. Ideal game to sublimate this Covid shit we all live trough. It’s 2/3€, meta critic has an average of only 68% review but it’s very well made and in depth imho.

justcametomind,

grogazola

Anyone have any recommendations for good multiplayer games for the PS3? Ive been completely out of gaming for well over 10 years. I only played a few single player shooters back in the day (COD, etc).

Ever played ModNation Racers? PlayStation’s version mariokart only available on PS3. Portal is a great choice too. And of course, LittleBigPlanet 2 - so much fun!

I think you might be able to buy all these games digitally on the PS3 through the PSN store.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Getting some quality race time with Asphalt Extreme! Plenty of practice with Asphalt 8. Cracked level 10 in 3 days.

TommyDee,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Done. Thanks @Relaxed . I actually bought an additional modem / router but found out that the cable provider allows only one modem per house. So whipped out the drill, put a hole in the floor of the room where our tv is and ran the ethernet cable from the router through the basement and up through the floor on the other side of the house. Too simple but I'm a dumb ass and had to make things harder than they were. Won't hear from my son for around a month now. Hell, I might even start gaming.

Nice job, that is what I would have done also.

Relaxed,

Ramahs

Just started a new Skyrim character. Haven't played that in years.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom