• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

lwien

So I maxed out my character in FFXIV as well but this latest update may just well drive me back in:

lwien,
Reactions: muunch

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I've probably only played like half the games in my Steam library. lol

Ramahs,
Reactions: Alex3oe

lookhigh

FC member
Looking for some easy to play games for the ps4.
Suggestions on a postcard, yes i am old school.

lookhigh,

Nolan Kinshella

The Outer Worlds on PS4, great game by the people behind Fallout New Vegas. With Bethesda treating gamers like a never-ending cash cow, this is a welcome relief.

Nolan Kinshella,
Reactions: lookhigh

Ramahs

I know it's several years old now...but I decided to give Elder Scrolls Online a shot recently.

Ramahs

I've played Skyrim in the past, but I've never played it's Elder Scrolls predecessor, Oblivion, which I picked up recently. So I'm playing that at the moment. Any other Elder Scrolls series players here?

sarkunit

I play games that make other people hate life. I play the soul series, Nioh, the binding of isaac, gungeon, bloodborne, etc. Anything that requires dedication and skill to play attracts me. Right now I am wishing the Outerworlds was harder, and using DS II Sotfs as a frustration enhancer. Thankfully, I medicate to keep my controllers and monitor in good condition :tup:

AcidFlashbang

Recently I've been getting back into KSP and playing some good old fashioned PTSD Simulator (Rising Storm 2)

AcidFlashbang,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Fired up Halo Reach last weekend when they finally pegged down the MCCPC release date, everything I've seen so far looks great and I'm super stoked to play it in 4K HDR.

If you already own MCC it should just be available to download for free.

Also, I noticed MS was killing the Cortana app for android and iOS........kinda funny if you follow the Halo campaign story line up to current IMO.

ensabbahnur,

bussinrounds

I've played Skyrim in the past, but I've never played it's Elder Scrolls predecessor, Oblivion, which I picked up recently. So I'm playing that at the moment. Any other Elder Scrolls series players here?
I enjoyed some of the earlier games like Daggerfall & Morrowind, but not a fan of the stuff that came after that.

Anyone who enjoys a good story based mystery and doesn't mind some reading, check out this game called Disco Elysium. It's def giving me some Planescape: Torment vibes !

bussinrounds,

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
I'm trying to decide if I want to get a switch this upcoming black friday. I already have a PS4 and have been thinking about getting Death's Stranding. The only game I've played recently on that thing was KH3 :lol:

rnartian,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
f403b8b7a4c9cdde83a2b7bf74dd26870bb4353a3e6d4af3339995a61c9c4b65.png

macbill,

Ramahs

I'm thinking about getting a Google Stadia. Are there any other early adopters here?

Ramahs,

AcidFlashbang

I'm thinking about getting a Google Stadia. Are there any other early adopters here?
If you wnjoy high resolution and/or framerate gaming youd be better served taking the time to save up for a decent PC. It will necessarily have a rather annoying latency and if you don't have unlimited data om your internet plan you're double screwed

AcidFlashbang,

daoist

I play world of warcraft mostly. And mylands (all my cities have weed names), i also play hearthstone, or in my case hearthstoned.

Ramahs

If you wnjoy high resolution and/or framerate gaming youd be better served taking the time to save up for a decent PC. It will necessarily have a rather annoying latency and if you don't have unlimited data om your internet plan you're double screwed

I'm largely inspired by a friend that recently picked one up. His has had zero latency. His Stadia has played everything perfectly so far with no issues since he's had it the last week or two. He doesn't have very fast internet either. We both have mid-range internet speeds (he has 100 mbps, and I have 150 mbps), and he can run 4K w/60fps with zero issues, even with a mid-range connection like that.

I myself don't even need hi-res right now. My TV is only 720p. lol
Of course, I have better resolution on my computers, but I doubt I'd need anything more than the 4K and 60fps that my friend gets.

Ramahs,

AcidFlashbang

I'm largely inspired by a friend that recently picked one up. His has had zero latency. His Stadia has played everything perfectly so far with no issues since he's had it the last week or two. He doesn't have very fast internet either. We both have mid-range internet speeds (he has 100 mbps, and I have 150 mbps), and he can run 4K w/60fps with zero issues, even with a mid-range connection like that.

I myself don't even need hi-res right now. My TV is only 720p. lol
Of course, I have better resolution on my computers, but I doubt I'd need anything more than the 4K and 60fps that my friend gets.
Stadia "4k" is actually upscaled 1080p (source: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/6881...-4k-destiny-2-hits-medium-settings/index.html) A decent 1080p rig that allows you to play on the same settings in most games would be less than $1000 and for a 720p screen you can buy almost any modern prebuilt (no i3's!) and throw a $100 GPU in there and you'll be playing with high settings at >60 FPS, and it can be used for more than gaming and gaming if your internet goes down. Latency is based on more than internet speed, it mostly depends on your LAN and how you connect the computer to the internet (wifi, wifi standard, etc.) unless you have some really slow connection. Stadia may fit your needs but long term you'll be spending a lot more on games than if you could buy them on Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle etc. My steam library is probably about 10% games I got for free and 70% games I got for >50% off, and that's not including DRM-free games I have off of Steam.

AcidFlashbang,

Ramahs

I know I shop Steam sales all the time. My brother and I both share our Steam libraries with each other. Hell, I've probably only played 60-70% of the games in my Steam library because I shop Steam sales and always find a couple titles I can't live without.

I have more than one computer, but I still am a console gamer at heart. I don't like playing with a mouse.
Of course I can play my steam library, on my computer or otherwise. I have a Steamlink and Steam controller as well.

I dunno, the Stadia still seems attractive to me though. Your games and in-game save data, etc., always in the cloud instead of stored on your hardware seems ideal to me. I can literally plug my controller into any computer connected to the internet and continue that game I was playing this morning from home. That seems appealing to me.

Ramahs,

Ramahs

I have a PS Vita that I recently hacked. I installed RetroArch so I can use emulators to play all the classic games from the PS1 all the way back to the Atari 2600

It's nice seeing the old games I used to play on my Vita screen.

For example, just a few games I just downloaded:
IMG-2154.jpg

IMG-2155.jpg

IMG-2157.jpg

IMG-2158.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, the last official game I picked up for this Vita the other day is the Japanese Monster Hunter game, Toukiden Kiwami (a standard Monster Hunter clone with its own twist). So, I've been having fun with that the last few days. Any Toukiden Kiwami players here have any tips?

Top Bottom