***Gamers*** What are you playing?

SD_haze

I just ground up a few grams of Sour Diesel, got the LSV and bubbler set up, got the Turtle Beaches on, popped in my new copy of Bioshock Infinite, and I'm settling in for some serious game time. I am so fucking excited to play this game!!!
I'm eternally upset that someone on the internet already spoiled the "spoiler" of Bioshock Infinite :(

Still going to love it but the original bioshock's "spoiler" was one the most awesome WTF moments in my gaming history.

SD_haze,

Armerad

Dabbin'
Been playing Tomb Raider for the last few days, haven't gotten terribly far. I'll be starting my download for Bioshock Infinite once I get home today, planning isn't my strongest skill in the morning.

Armerad,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I played the first Mass Effect years ago when it was first released. I just picked up 2 & 3 and I'm almost done with 2. Great games. I'll be playing Dead Space 2 after those and then I'll play 007 Golden Eye Reloaded.

Yeah, I picked all those up on the cheap in the Steam X-mas sale. They are in my queue.

I actually quit gaming for a month or so, but I'm gonna finish FC3 this week.

deadheadbill,

Beardharmonica

Sim City till Elder Scroll Online.

I used to play MMO when I was younger. Never tough I would again but I a big big fan of the serie since morrowind.

Beardharmonica,
Reactions: fake name

z9

I can't wait to get at BioShock infinite. I'm not quite through with my play through of the original BioShock. I never got around to beating the first one and Ive wanted to play it ever since. Good thing it was free with the BioShock infinite preorder through steam. I just finished the part with Cohan so I don't have too much left to go.

I'm glad I haven't looked up any information about the game, I'd be pissed if I read a spoiler. I was counting on PC bugs, so I'm waiting to play it. Although I don't know if it has any. The one thing I've learned about recent titles is that they almost always fuck up the PC version so I try to wait some time before play them.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Board Game Arena is such a great website. It is a multilingual platform for playing online versions of board games in real time over the internet, in your web browser. It is designed in France and works very very well, far better than any other buggy online board game websites I've encountered. They currently have 33 games on the website and more are always on the way. All of the games are hosted with the full consent of each game's original author/s. Oh, and it's all free.

When you first visit the site you will likely be intimidated by the selection of games unless you're familiar with the explosion of quality German-style board games that has taken place over the past few decades. They've added a few more traditional games in recent months, such as Hearts, Reversi, and Gomoku, but in my opinion the real gems here are the ones you might have never heard of.

Dragonheart and Can't Stop are very simple to learn and involve a fair amount of luck, but are always fun to play.

Some other favorites of mine include:
Saboteur, a social game for up to 10 players which involves certain players secretly needing to sabotage the efforts of all the others
Libertalia, a unique game where all players are dealt roughly the same "arsenal" to play with, but the targets they are vying for change each game
Jaipur, a fun 1 on 1 card game involving trading resources with an ever changing marketplace
Race for the Galaxy, a fast game involving strategizing in the face of chance and a deadline. It can be played in ~5-8 minutes once familiar

The site's game list is very informative and includes the average play time of each game as well as the amount of complexity, strategy, diplomacy, and luck involved in each game.

Any other board gamers out there? Hit me up! :wave:

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
So after playing Bioshock Infinite for something like 9 hours last night, I have to say I'm impressed. It looks amazing, the control is spot on, the story flows smoothly and is keeping me on the edge of my seat, and Columbia is gamers dream world. There is so much to do and see. Even though the path is sometimes linear, there is plenty of exploring to do. Just like Bioshock 1 & 2, there are major and minor in game events and sequences that you'll miss if you don't keep an eye on your surroundings. The Vigors that I have so far are all cool as hell. I'm also very happy with the Firearm options. The Skyhook is awesome as both a close quarters melee weapon and a means of transportation. Using the Skyhook with the rails throughout Columbia is so fun that I find myself just jumping from rail to rail while reversing, changing speed, and shooting at things. It's really a lot of fun.

The one thing I was really worried about was having to keep an eye on the AI NPC, Elizabeth. After the days of Golden Eye and watching Natalya run directly into enemy fire over and over again or Ashley from RE:4, who just wanders off, I was never keen on games that forced you to play side by side with another computer controlled character. Let me tell you Elizabeth is a joy to have with you in the game. Without getting into too much detail, I will just say that she helps you waaaaaay more than she causes problems. Actually, she is the perfect in game companion to have.

This story of Infinite is of a quite mature nature. I know a lot of kids play M rated games, but I don't think that most kids would understand a lot of the story line and references that the games uses. I can see that some people could be offended by some of the imagery portrayed in the game, but it is all necessary for the story as it progresses. I do believe that this game has some awards in its future.

Bioshock Infinite, if you like other Bioshock games you will enjoy this game. If youve never played one of the games, but you enjoy solid FPS gameplay with an awesome story, you will enjoy this game. Buy it and play it!!

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Tweek

b0

Cloudy...
So after playing Bioshock Infinite for something like 9 hours last night, I have to say I'm impressed. It looks amazing, the control is spot on, the story flows smoothly and is keeping me on the edge of my seat, and Columbia is gamers dream world. There is so much to do and see. Even though the path is sometimes linear, there is plenty of exploring to do. Just like Bioshock 1 & 2, there are major and minor in game events and sequences that you'll miss if you don't keep an eye on your surroundings. The Vigors that I have so far are all cool as hell. I'm also very happy with the Firearm options. The Skyhook is awesome as both a close quarters melee weapon and a means of transportation. Using the Skyhook with the rails throughout Columbia is so fun that I find myself just jumping from rail to rail while reversing, changing speed, and shooting at things. It's really a lot of fun.

The one thing I was really worried about was having to keep an eye on the AI NPC, Elizabeth. After the days of Golden Eye and watching Natalya run directly into enemy fire over and over again or Ashley from RE:4, who just wanders off, I was never keen on games that forced you to play side by side with another computer controlled character. Let me tell you Elizabeth is a joy to have with you in the game. Without getting into too much detail, I will just say that she helps you waaaaaay more than she causes problems. Actually, she is the perfect in game companion to have.

This story of Infinite is of a quite mature nature. I know a lot of kids play M rated games, but I don't think that most kids would understand a lot of the story line and references that the games uses. I can see that some people could be offended by some of the imagery portrayed in the game, but it is all necessary for the story as it progresses. I do believe that this game has some awards in its future.

Bioshock Infinite, if you like other Bioshock games you will enjoy this game. If youve never played one of the games, but you enjoy solid FPS gameplay with an awesome story, you will enjoy this game. Buy it and play it!!

I haven't read your post, but if it has any spoilers please mark it. I don't know if it will be safe to read it lmao.

Here is all ready to start playing:

d187ae22964c11e2b12d22000a9e295b_7.jpg

b0,

Tweek

I normally don't buy games at full price, but being a huge fan of the Bioshock series, I couldn't resist ordering a copy of Infinite. Should be here tomorrow :spliff:

Tweek,
Reactions: b0

SD_haze

Board Game Arena is such a great website. It is a multilingual platform for playing online versions of board games in real time over the internet, in your web browser. It is designed in France and works very very well, far better than any other buggy online board game websites I've encountered. They currently have 33 games on the website and more are always on the way. All of the games are hosted with the full consent of each game's original author/s. Oh, and it's all free.

When you first visit the site you will likely be intimidated by the selection of games unless you're familiar with the explosion of quality German-style board games that has taken place over the past few decades. They've added a few more traditional games in recent months, such as Hearts, Reversi, and Gomoku, but in my opinion the real gems here are the ones you might have never heard of.

Dragonheart and Can't Stop are very simple to learn and involve a fair amount of luck, but are always fun to play.

Some other favorites of mine include:
Saboteur, a social game for up to 10 players which involves certain players secretly needing to sabotage the efforts of all the others
Libertalia, a unique game where all players are dealt roughly the same "arsenal" to play with, but the targets they are vying for change each game
Jaipur, a fun 1 on 1 card game involving trading resources with an ever changing marketplace
Race for the Galaxy, a fast game involving strategizing in the face of chance and a deadline. It can be played in ~5-8 minutes once familiar

The site's game list is very informative and includes the average play time of each game as well as the amount of complexity, strategy, diplomacy, and luck involved in each game.

Any other board gamers out there? Hit me up! :wave:
Oh snap! They have Puerto Rico! That game is a beast.

puerto_rico.jpg

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Oh snap! They have Puerto Rico! That game is a beast.
Yes it is! I highly recommend trying out Race for the Galaxy. It feels like Puerto Rico packed into 10 minutes. I also recently learned how to play the game called Caylus which is also on that site. That one reminds me of Puerto Rico in scope and has even less chance involved than PR which is interesting I think. So much interesting player interaction, really brilliant game design.

nopartofme,

b0

Cloudy...
I normally don't buy games at full price, but being a huge fan of the Bioshock series, I couldn't resist ordering a copy of Infinite. Should be here tomorrow :spliff:

The same for me, usually I wait but I loved so much the first Bioshock that I had to buy this one!

b0,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

Dude... the origional BioShock was insane... like easily one of my favorites, not just for the gameplay, it was one of the first games I ever played that had a political message to it and it really affected the way I thought about authority.

I've been starting to get back into older classics recently. I never beat ocarina of time in my childhood (always that damn water temple) so it's sort of a point of personal pride that I need to experience. I started playing it on Wii virtual console because N64 emulation is awful.

I also have started playing PS1 games on my phone while I'm out, I have a Galaxy S3 which can emulate the games perfectly and a bluetooth pocket gamepad. Tony Hawk, Tekken, Metal Slug... all the great PS1 classics run awesome.

At the same time, I'm sort of out of idea's for new games for the PC... I'd like to get into some new ones and I start off in the steam store with good intentions, but then I just end up playing GTA4 for 3 hours. Any idea's?

Tweek

Dude... the origional BioShock was insane... like easily one of my favorites, not just for the gameplay, it was one of the first games I ever played that had a political message to it and it really affected the way I thought about authority.

I've been starting to get back into older classics recently. I never beat ocarina of time in my childhood (always that damn water temple) so it's sort of a point of personal pride that I need to experience. I started playing it on Wii virtual console because N64 emulation is awful.

I also have started playing PS1 games on my phone while I'm out, I have a Galaxy S3 which can emulate the games perfectly and a bluetooth pocket gamepad. Tony Hawk, Tekken, Metal Slug... all the great PS1 classics run awesome.

At the same time, I'm sort of out of idea's for new games for the PC... I'd like to get into some new ones and I start off in the steam store with good intentions, but then I just end up playing GTA4 for 3 hours. Any idea's?

Bioshock really hit home for me as well. Such a well designed game with a great storyline. I felt so many emotions while playing, it was that immersive. It kind of reminded me of the feelings I got playing Soul Reaver years ago. THAT is a fantastic game and available on the sony store if anyone wants to try it.

PC game wise, are you a fan of RPG? Elder Scrolls Skrym is supposed to be really fun and customizable.

Tweek,
Reactions: b0

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Infinite was awesome. The first was my favorite in the series. I don't know if it still is my favorite after playing through Infinite.

Starting up my second play through.

z9

Im always playing some sort of emulator on my Galaxy Nexus. Lately I've been favoring the PSX emulators. Front Mission 3 is a great game if you like turned based strategy games. Pokemon is always fun to play... I'm waiting for a Nintendo DS Emulator though. I've had good luck with N64 emulators, even on shitty computers. What's awful about them? Ocarina of Time IMO is one of the best games ever made, never gets old, so immersive and I actually care about the storyline... maybe because I've been playing it since I was a kid.

Bioshock really hit home for me as well. Such a well designed game with a great storyline. I felt so many emotions while playing, it was that immersive. It kind of reminded me of the feelings I got playing Soul Reaver years ago. THAT is a fantastic game and available on the sony store if anyone wants to try it.

PC game wise, are you a fan of RPG? Elder Scrolls Skrym is supposed to be really fun and customizable.

Skyrim is so much fun on PC, I wouldn't waste my time with it for console. Mods really make this game. I don't know where to start on the list of must-have mods for this game. Graphical mods are needed for this game, Skyrim is absolutely gorgeous with the correct combination of mods.

z9,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've had good luck with N64 emulators, even on shitty computers. What's awful about them?

It seems to be a bit of a luck thing - some phones can emulate N64 all right but I think it all has to do with chipwise optimization and that takes a lot of work and new phones usually don't get support for a long time unless their one of the Nexus lines (because there is a lot more hardware information available on those devices). So I'm left with some pretty terrible processing on my phone for mupen.

Even on PC I've not had that great of luck, but it's playable. But some games though will cause PJ64 to take a crap on the floor and die, like Flying Dragon which is one of my favorites. So it's hit or miss depending on what you want to play.

Oh yeah, skyrim was my whipping boy for 6 months till I got bored of it. The mods make it fun but after a while it can get kind of boring.

CentiZen,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
If you liked Diablo 2, do yourself a favor and download Path Of Exile......you can thank me later :lol:

3serieSensi

This morning I was on Felucia as Fett, more Fett on Mygeeto, some space battles, all with Psybient music on grooveshark (Koan currently). I make the troop/game length up to at least 3 or 4 hundred percent, and Jedi time.
Battlefront II

I play Battlefront I just as much: Usually on the platforms as a jet trooper for "the republic!"
its a better shooter, but there is not the epic nature of Jedi persona and dramatic clinches of the second game. In BF1 i like to be a jetrooper and not ahve to worry about killing 100% all the time, i can chill out on a roof with a vape and then return to battle on my own terms. Plus i get to fight robots, kind of similar to the zo,mbie thing.

nothing like being in space, spaced out on spacey music.... jet pack and vaporizer fightin don Babylon.

the ps2 is on a projector. WOOT fullscreen or go home on this game.

as i play bf2 this lately i see all the symbolism and Lucas stuff, all very interesting. I like how I et to shoot down teh Banking Clan communication ships above Mygeeto or Kashyyyk or whatever. All very strange when you lok at the Jordan Maxwell /Tsarion perespective for a second.

3serieSensi,

BeardedCrow

Not the biggest gamer, but I enjoy Nazi zombies on either waw or black ops on ps3.

Probably not going to get another console for a while as I dropped over $1000 on the ps3 and $1000 can buy me much better entertainment nowadays.

3serieSensi

Not the biggest gamer, but I enjoy Nazi zombies on either waw or black ops on ps3.

Probably not going to get another console for a while as I dropped over $1000 on the ps3 and $1000 can buy me much better entertainment nowadays.

nazi zombies ftw. I think investing in a projector like my mitsubishi is a good idea, i don't and won't have the newest consoles but a projector lets me be on ... the ...BATTLEFRONT lol STar aWArs fa lyf

Top Bottom