• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

***Gamers*** What are you playing?

Tweek

Mass Effect 2 was so much fun...I am eager to see how it ties into the 3rd installment.

Tweek,

steiner666

Serial vapist
had my fun with fc3. i load it up now and then and just run/drive/glide around killing every (friendly) patrol i encounter. i wish there was some way to let the pirates/mercs take over all the forts again, so you could go back around and capture them all. its like, by the time you have all the best gear you have barely anything left to use it on except friendly warriors and civilians lol

but Aliens Colonial Marines does look amazing. Theyre putting a lot of effort in making this an epic authentic game. Has a full story campaign that, iirc, can be played with up to 4 players. Co-op survival modes and such too, which i love. It will be nice fighting off waves of something other than zombies for a change.
the sound of the xenomorphs approaching on that radar and the noise those rifles make, so great. not many games will i buy before i try, but this will be one of them. i love the aliens series enough and trust gearbox to make it into a good co-op shooter

competitive multiplayer looks awersome too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Q7UBQouJBns

steiner666,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Anyone else playing ascension, return of the fallen?

I've got the ipad app, but I believe it's based on an actual card game (which is a variant of magic the gathering or something).

It's kinda hard to explain, but one of the mechanics is that there's a pool of 120 points that both players can draw from, and once it gets to 0, each player gets to finish their last turn.

I got 393 points today :lol: by using the right cards so my "last turn" didn't end for waaaay longer than it should've been :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: nopartofme

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Recently I've been enjoying Heroes of Might and Magic III for the first time. Somehow I've missed out on this whole series over the years. The multiplayer is lots of fun!

Anyone else playing ascension, return of the fallen?
[…]
I got 393 points today :lol: by using the right cards so my "last turn" didn't end for waaaay longer than it should've been :tup:
I played that just a bit on a friend's iPhone and I've wanted to play more ever since. I'm a big fan of the card games Dominion and Race for the Galaxy; it reminds me of both a little. Sounds like an awesome finishing blow you dealt there :lol::rockon:

nopartofme,

steiner666

Serial vapist
gw329.jpg

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/buy/digital-edition 30% off sale until monday (25th)

I love this game, best MMORPG I've played in years. Epic as hell, and not overwhelming, nice and streamlined and actiony, very approachable. No monthly fees.

If you get it, join Northern Shiverpeaks server when setting up your character, and send me a msg on here or in game (Ubelsteiner) and I'll invite you to our guild, Stoned Demonic Pirates. We're just a few vaporists who like to chill and play this most nights, always glad to help out noobs :)

steiner666,
Reactions: SD_haze

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
Right now I am trying to finish off Halo 4 on legendary.. in queue I have Crisis 3, and Gears of War:judgment.. On PC I play starcraft2, and I used to play Star Wars: the old republic, but got bored of it..

IIIQBIII,

Left

I've recently made the switch from console gaming to PC gaming. The graphic card was not cheap, and since I bought a full tower case to go with it, I ended up too broke to buy games, but there are SO many free-to-play games right now, it's basically overwhelming.

-Planetside 2, (mentioned already) which is unlike any other First Person Shooter I have played --- it's hard to believe that it's free to play, to be honest. www.planetside2.com/
-Path of Exile --- It's a Diablo type game (dungeon crawler?). I haven't played Diablo III yet, but I've seen video of it and it seems that it has very similar graphics as Path of Exile. Some people have said that this game is better than Diablo III so it may be worth checking out if you are tired of Diablo... www.pathofexile.com/
- Hawken - it's a mech game, kind of like Unreal tournament except you play as a mech www.playhawken.com/
-Firefall - not sure how I feel about this one... I've only played for a short time and couldn't really get into it... (I think it isn't open for beta testing yet, but there was a weekend where they let everyone try it... if you are interested you can try to make an account and see what happens https://beta.firefallthegame.com/accounts/new )

Check videos for these games on youtube and you can decide if you would be interested in downloading/playing them. Of course, since they are all free, you don't have anything to lose if you try them just based on how I've explained them.

i have a razer deathadder. it's nice but i wish i went with a logitech one that is more formed for the hand. mine doesn't really rest that well on it, feel like i'm hovering my palm over it and only have my fingers on the buttons. still a nice mouse none the less.

You are NOT alone. People rave about the Razer Deathadder. It's even listed as the #1 best selling gaming mouse on Amazon (I think?). Sadly, I couldn't get used to the shape of it either. I believe our fingers naturally curl a little. When you place your hand on the Deathadder, your fingers are forced straight forward - they can't rest naturally because the buttons are straight and flat, rather than curved downward toward the front. I replaced the Deathadder with a Logitech G500, but the G500 also has some things that I don't like:
-I get a slight cramp toward the base of my ring/pinky finger
-The side buttons are small and not placed where my thumb can easily reach all of them -- luckily, I can reach 2 out of 3, and the software allows you to re-bind all of the buttons, so I can bind the hard-to-reach one to something less important
-Scroll wheel is a little overly sensitive, so it's easy to overscroll in first person shooters where you normally use the wheel to change weapon
-The laser is placed toward the front of the mouse, rather than the middle. Before I bought it, I read some reviews that listed this as a bad thing, but it sounded to me like it wouldn't matter and was a bit of a ridiculous thing to complain about --- but it DOES make a difference. It's hard to explain exactly how it makes a difference, and some people may be able to get used to it, but it depends.

The one I've been looking at is called Mionix NAOS 8200. It's really expensive, but it has little spots for your ring and pinky finger to rest, which might be the solution to the cramps I have been getting. Back in the day I used to use a Microsoft Intellimouse which was very comfortable and worked great, until it just stopped working.

I played a little campaign and remembered how lame the halo enemies are. I just don't give a fuck about the story at all. I actually think the game is pretty weak compared to other top notch FPS. COD MW, L4d & l4d2, I have even ran the demo of Mass Effect 2 and I am into it... halo campaign is just so awful.

I'm a big Halo fan and I have to say that the Halo games on Xbox 360 are not as good as Halo 1 and Halo 2 on the original Xbox. Halo 3 was ok, and so was ODST, but Halo Reach was a huge letdown for me in regard to story as well as multiplayer. In the Halo 1 campaign, the AI enemies were smart and strategically placed in huge environments that you had to blindly navigate. In Halo Reach, everything is set out in a straight path for you. There's no confusion as to where you have to go or what you have to do. Enemies are littered RANDOMLY throughout the levels. I always hoped one day they would re-release Halo 1 as a downloadable Xbox Live marketplace title, with online multiplayer functionality added. 343 Studios announced they were working on a Halo 1 remake --- I thought my prayers were answered, only to be let down after hearing that instead of re-making the multiplayer, they chose to design the Halo 1 maps for Halo Reach :doh: I tried Halo 4 (also made by 343 Studios) and to me, it felt very much like Halo Reach. I still haven't played Halo 4 campaign, though. Kind of sad that I'm such a big fan, yet have lost interest in the series.

Left,

Left

Can't seem to edit my post --- two small things --- I was wrong about Razer Deathadder being the #1 best selling gaming mouse on Amazon. Logitech G9X is actually #1. It's a claw / fingertip grip sized mouse, from what I understand, so wouldn't be good for me using palm grip. Also, I watched a video showing the Mionix NAOS 8200 where someone with large hands palm-gripped the mouse and their fingertips went over the edge... so palm grip on that mouse might only work for people with smaller hands. I've concluded that I should probably just try to get one of those old Microsoft Intellimouse. Many years ago I played CS 1.6 with one, and it had everything I wanted.

Back on-topic --- tried another free to play game called Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It's OK, but not exactly my style of game. I am thinking of trying APB Reloaded soon, as I've heard some good things about it.

Left,

ToxicShade

Where am I?
I play several games but one that i would recommend when being extra stony is Far Cry 3. The start of the game was extra trippy for me. I think there is one part of the game where the main character gets drugged and is having hallucinations, i wasn't sure so sure if it was me or the game.

ToxicShade,

way2

I play several games but one that i would recommend when being extra stony is Far Cry 3. The start of the game was extra trippy for me. I think there is one part of the game where the main character gets drugged and is having hallucinations, i wasn't sure so sure if it was me or the game.

I've been playing this as well....the mushroom part was fun!! it sure is a pretty game

way2,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Can't seem to edit my post --- two small things --- I was wrong about Razer Deathadder being the #1 best selling gaming mouse on Amazon. Logitech G9X is actually #1. It's a claw / fingertip grip sized mouse, from what I understand, so wouldn't be good for me using palm grip. Also, I watched a video showing the Mionix NAOS 8200 where someone with large hands palm-gripped the mouse and their fingertips went over the edge... so palm grip on that mouse might only work for people with smaller hands. I've concluded that I should probably just try to get one of those old Microsoft Intellimouse. Many years ago I played CS 1.6 with one, and it had everything I wanted.

Back on-topic --- tried another free to play game called Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It's OK, but not exactly my style of game. I am thinking of trying APB Reloaded soon, as I've heard some good things about it.

Love my G9x, 2 of my friends liked it so much they bought their own. With how big my hands are, clawgripping is pretty much the only option with any mouse Lol

I highly recommend the G13 gamepad too. I can't live without it now. The sheer comfort and number of things u can do with thumb vs standard KB is great

Also the creative sound blaster Z series cards are awesome. Beam forming mic works great.

Here's pic of my input devices
2013-02-28161605.jpg

steiner666,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Been playing path of exile today. So far it's pretty damn fun. Anyone else play or tried it?

Puffers,

dorkus_molorkus

I went and bought mass effect 2 a couple of weeks ago.
They accidentally gave me mass 3, would ja believe I dont like it? I just cant get into it. I havent played any others of the series and have it found underwhelming.

Perhaps I am getting old?

I just finished LA NOIRE which was one of the best games I have played, and infamous2.
which was awesome. I was totally evil, and the ending was awesome.

not many games invoke an emotional response from me, but these 2 did.

dorkus_molorkus,

SD_haze

They accidentally gave me mass 3, would ja believe I dont like it? I just cant get into it. I havent played any others of the series and have it found underwhelming.

I just finished LA NOIRE which was one of the best games I have played, and infamous2.

Yeah all the emotion for mass effect 3 depends on having played 1 & 2.
I found the single-player not overwhelmingly good, but the ME3 multiplayer is a whole different design team.

Yeah all the emotion for mass effect 3 depends on having played 1 & 2.
I found the single-player not overwhelmingly good, but the ME3 multiplayer is a whole different design team.
I liked ME3 less than ME2, but yeah you're absolutely right. You need to pay the emotion tax to really get into the third one.

steiner666

Serial vapist

yeah definitely gotta start with ME1. It would be like jumping right in with Return of the King, starting off on ME3, but even worse since the choices you make throughout the first 2 games effecting the story in me3 is one of coolest parts of it. I felt more attached to my character (German Shephard) by the 3rd game, after shaping him into such the badass dickhead that he was than i ever would have if i was just dropped into shit. ME1 is probably still my favorite of them all, even tho i hated driving that stupid vehicle around all the samey-lookin planets.

I also really love Bioware's other rpg franchise, Dragon Age. Well, i absolutely LOVED DA1, but DA2 was still good even tho it got dumbed down some. I'd say i love DA even more than ME, but theyre both so great. So was Knights of the Old Republic. I just love RPGs with a solid story and the choose-your-own adventure type of decision making

steiner666,

dorkus_molorkus

I really loved baldurs gate on the ps2.

Is there any other ps3 games that are of that same sort? I haven't played any of the dragon age series

dorkus_molorkus,
I also really love Bioware's other rpg franchise, Dragon Age. Well, i absolutely LOVED DA1, but DA2 was still good even tho it got dumbed down some. I'd say i love DA even more than ME, but theyre both so great. So was Knights of the Old Republic. I just love RPGs with a solid story and the choose-your-own adventure type of decision making

Dragon Age games were fun, but I wish Bioware had utilized some of the technological advances they did for the Mass Effect games. The conversations and cutscenes in ME-ME3 are still among the best I've seen yet in gaming. The Dragon Edge engine seemed to much like KOTOR 2.0 for me.

kingofnull,
Reactions: SD_haze

Left

With how big my hands are, clawgripping is pretty much the only option with any mouse Lol

I'm starting to wonder if that's the only option I have, too. I'm trying to practice holding the G500 a different way. Normally I wouldn't consider one of those gamepads, but you made it sound interesting. I don't have the best speaker system so I'm doubting that I would notice a difference between a sound card and onboard sound :\ Nice setup, though.

Been playing path of exile today. So far it's pretty damn fun. Anyone else play or tried it?

Yea, it's good. I like how they made it so that the cash-only items are strictly for decoration. Couple friends just talked me into ordering Diablo 3, though, so I'll probably be playing that for a while instead. To be completely honest, I almost canceled my order of Diablo 3, because I *keep* reading terrible things about it... I think some people prefer Path of Exile over Diablo 3.

Left,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Yea, it's good. I like how they made it so that the cash-only items are strictly for decoration. Couple friends just talked me into ordering Diablo 3, though, so I'll probably be playing that for a while instead. To be completely honest, I almost canceled my order of Diablo 3, because I *keep* reading terrible things about it... I think some people prefer Path of Exile over Diablo 3.

Just got to act 2 last night I have been enjoying the game immensely so far. I really like the TOTAL customization and item/skill system they have developed. Apparently they are looking to add content packs weekly until the game is out of beta. Looks like it's only going to get better. I just wonder what kind of monthly fee I am gonna get roped into once I am hooked and it leaves beta :lol: (edit: guess it's free forever according to their FAQ, no pay to play, you can only buy cosmetic changes no skills/upgrades. As long as it stays that way this game should be sweet......my wifes gonna hate it though :evil: )

I have been hearing some of the same things about PoE and D 3, while I really enjoyed D 2 back in the day I think I like PoE better so far. So I can't imagine liking the updated mechanics in D 3 over PoE. Let me know how you like it.

Puffers,
Reactions: Left

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I just ground up a few grams of Sour Diesel, got the LSV and bubbler set up, got the Turtle Beaches on, popped in my new copy of Bioshock Infinite, and I'm settling in for some serious game time. I am so fucking excited to play this game!!!

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Buildozer
Top Bottom