Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
The only religion in this clip is when you scream "oh god I just sharted in my Dax"

fucking bat shit crazy... that's what I say!

No religion? Okay @deadheadbill .... but it is Sunday after all. :p

2m4x8j6.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
In celebration of having just received 10,000 "Likes" . . . I would just liiiiiiiiike to say thanks to everyone here at FC for showing others support and making life a little more "bearable" for me. I even took a bath and had my "hair" done for the occasion . . . ;)

--- Bearable . . . get it? :lol: ---

bearev.jpg

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@t-dub congrats on the 10k! You make it very easy to like your stuff, it's a pleasure being your friend.

@grokit Diets going great thanks. I believe from the last time I posted progress I've lost an additional 18 pounds. I've really gotten into watching my nutrient intake rather than calorie while making sure the essential minerals and vitamins a boy of my age needs is acquired. I'm 43 pounds lighter from the point where I felt disgusted with myself. I have about 35 to go to get to my target.

This is the period where things slow down. Now it's just patience and perseverance.

My buddy Jack came over tonight for a session and it's been a few weeks since we've seen each other. He told me that I looked like I lost a small person. I just hope it wasn't the ole' 710 talking...

:tup:

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
We got our tickets for Megacon 2014 yesterday. I am so excited this year! I was giddy meeting Sir Patrick Stewart last year, but I may faint this year when I meet John Barrowman and Karl Urban! :mmmm: :dog:

@mvapes I hope you can go with us this year, at least one day! I refuse to miss any days this year, damn it. I'll have to be dying before I stay home. I'm going to look into the electric wheel chairs this year. :nod:

This is from Megacon 3 or something. Don't remember the exact year, but it was one of the first ones.

Captured.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I feel a bit better today after a weekend cold that whipped my ass. @Vicki - Just got tickets for me and Trevor to join you at Mega-con on Saturday. I may go dressed up as an LSV as the star wars fans wont realize they're admiring a device used for vaporizing cannabis!

funny-Darth-Vader.gif

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I feel a bit better today after a weekend cold that whipped my ass. @Vicki - Just got tickets for me and Trevor to join you at Mega-con on Saturday. I may go dressed up as an LSV as the star wars fans wont realize they're admiring a device used for vaporizing cannabis!

funny-Darth-Vader.gif

Really glad you are feeling better @mvapes :)

Awesome about Saturday! I'm really looking forward to this! **not referencing the above picture. :lol:

dw9huf.jpg

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm gonna heavily medicate and watch this asteroid fly by our planet in about an hour. :o

http://events.slooh.com/stadium/pot...id-zips-earth-canary-islands-february-17-2014

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...0-em26-near-earth-fly-by-february-17/5554945/

Earth gets a close encounter Monday evening as an asteroid as big as three football fields whizzes by at 27,000 mph.

The asteroid isn't a threat — it will miss the Earth by 2 million miles. Dubbed 2000 EM26, it's about 885 feet in diameter

Earthlings can watch the fly-by on Slooh.com beginning at 9 p.m. ET.

Slooh is a robotic telescope service that is viewable online.

Asteroid 2000 EM26's close pass will be watched by Slooh's robotic telescope on Mount Teide in the Canary Islands.

The asteroid itself is "a little fainter than Pluto" and will show up as a white dot moving against the background of the stars, says Slooh astronomer Bob Berman.

"Of course, that's if we can find it," he said.

Which is what he finds interesting about this particular asteroid. It was first discovered in 2000 but when astronomers looked for it in 2006 and 2009 they couldn't find it.

"The real story is this—here you have a potentially hazardous asteroid, but where the heck is it? Has its orbit been perturbed by a companion body or by passing too close to the sun?" Berman said.

"If we can't even keep track of the ones we know about – I don't even have to finish that sentence," he said.

"It might wake people up to the fact that maybe it's a good idea to spend a little more of our budget in looking for these things," Berman said.

The site will show a 45 minute live stream of the asteroid beginning at 9 p.m. ET. It will include both live images of 2000 EM26 as well as time lapse images from other recent near-Earth asteroids.

The live stream will be accompanied by discussions led by Berman and Mark Boslough, an expert on planetary impacts. Viewers will be interacting with the astronomers via the Twitter hashtag #asteroid.

Asteroids are small rocky planetoids that revolve around the sun but are too small to be considered planets.

2000 EM26 was discovered March 5, 2000. You can see a diagram of its orbit from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory here.

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Ok, so back to PD for a quick minute. Fot the last few months it's puzzled doctors as to why I'm not responding to levadopa. At this stage my prescription is almost at it's maximum level and the doctors have become quite concerned about not having any cushion for increase if need be. I was PM'd a while back from a new friend in England who reached out to me about his father. His father has Parkinson's Disease like I do but suffered from very similar symptoms to mine.

Internal issues that I have, the types of muscular issues, the pains, it all started to make sense. See, his dad was diagnosed with an additional disease that targets a few different groups of people. One being Parkinson's patients. It's called Steele Richardson Syndrome or Parkinson's PSP - Progressive supranuclear palsy.

Progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) (or the Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome, after the Canadian physicians who described it in 1963) is a degenerative disease involving the gradual deterioration and death of specific volumes of the brain.

Less than 500,000 people suffer from it and guess what, along with my new friends father I'm one of them.

I'm not down, I'm not upset even. This is now the start I was looking for. They are going to be changing some meds around on me but I was told that it shouldn't affect my head to much. Just like before there's no cure, but I hope now I can get some relief.

I almost feel vindicated with the doctors who looked at me like I was crazy when describing my symptoms. "Well that isn't a PD characteristic" - fuck you, should read your book asshole!

Anyways, I feel good about this. I'm going to stay focused on my fight and keep pushing with my diet. I may lose my sight someday but damn I'll look cute doing it!

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
@mvapes I love the fact you are losing a lot of weight quickly with your new diet (remember to drink lots of non-fluoridated/filtered water electronically restructured and PH balanced to 8 if possible), I fight to maintain body weight and it sucks, so be careful what you wish for, some padding is nice for the injectable drugs :)

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@mvapes I love the fact you are losing a lot of weight quickly with your new diet (remember to drink lots of non-fluoridated/filtered water electronically restructured and PH balanced if possible), I fight to maintain body weight and it sucks, so be careful what you wish for, some padding is nice for the injectable drugs :)
Well it pisses me off that he's lost so much! :\ He started after me and granted, I've done a little cheating, but hell's bells.... I've only lost 15 pounds. And I know I've exercised more than him...

It's just not fair how quickly men lose weight. :disgust:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm gonna heavily medicate and watch this asteroid fly by our planet in about an hour. :o

http://events.slooh.com/stadium/pot...id-zips-earth-canary-islands-february-17-2014

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...0-em26-near-earth-fly-by-february-17/5554945/

Earth gets a close encounter Monday evening as an asteroid as big as three football fields whizzes by at 27,000 mph.

The asteroid isn't a threat — it will miss the Earth by 2 million miles. Dubbed 2000 EM26, it's about 885 feet in diameter

Earthlings can watch the fly-by on Slooh.com beginning at 9 p.m. ET.

Slooh is a robotic telescope service that is viewable online.

Asteroid 2000 EM26's close pass will be watched by Slooh's robotic telescope on Mount Teide in the Canary Islands.

The asteroid itself is "a little fainter than Pluto" and will show up as a white dot moving against the background of the stars, says Slooh astronomer Bob Berman.

"Of course, that's if we can find it," he said.

Which is what he finds interesting about this particular asteroid. It was first discovered in 2000 but when astronomers looked for it in 2006 and 2009 they couldn't find it.

"The real story is this—here you have a potentially hazardous asteroid, but where the heck is it? Has its orbit been perturbed by a companion body or by passing too close to the sun?" Berman said.

"If we can't even keep track of the ones we know about – I don't even have to finish that sentence," he said.

"It might wake people up to the fact that maybe it's a good idea to spend a little more of our budget in looking for these things," Berman said.

The site will show a 45 minute live stream of the asteroid beginning at 9 p.m. ET. It will include both live images of 2000 EM26 as well as time lapse images from other recent near-Earth asteroids.

The live stream will be accompanied by discussions led by Berman and Mark Boslough, an expert on planetary impacts. Viewers will be interacting with the astronomers via the Twitter hashtag #asteroid.

Asteroids are small rocky planetoids that revolve around the sun but are too small to be considered planets.

2000 EM26 was discovered March 5, 2000. You can see a diagram of its orbit from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory here.

Anyone interested in this and the problem described therein, namely how they could lose such an asteroid, might want to play a while with this: http://www.nowykurier.com/toys/gravity/gravity.swf

Create an OMFG object near the centre of the screen, turn on paths, and then generate a proto disk. Watch what happens. You probably weren't expecting that.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Anyone interested in this and the problem described therein, namely how they could lose such an asteroid, might want to play a while with this: http://www.nowykurier.com/toys/gravity/gravity.swf

Create an OMFG object near the centre of the screen, turn on paths, and then generate a proto disk. Watch what happens. You probably weren't expecting that.
Got you guys covered . . . :tup:

BguJy90CIAAy8g5.jpg:large

Top Bottom