Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

grokit

well-worn member
24168516.jpg
!
:lol:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've noticed that a lot of people, my age at least, feel that they're "too good" for certain jobs. I've got a couple hustles outside of retail which turned out to lead me to other jobs and other people to work for. If I had said no because I felt "too good" to do it I would have missed out on the other jobs and connections/networking that I've accomplished. Even though it's only a few weeks, he's already got his name on file, perhaps if something pans out they'll see it. All these little jobs that I ended up getting started with helping one neighbor, now I work with 6 different people and some months I get enough money from just the weekend/couple hours a day's work to pay all my bills, anything after that is cash profit ;)

Very sorry to hear, @VaporsVaporizer. I've been thinking about it since you posted it. I can't quite find the words to comfort you but know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending you good vibes.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Sometimes those temporary jobs turn into permanent jobs Enchantre. Congratulations. :tup:
Temp spots are good!
Heck, I got my job (permanent) through a temp position - which I got, because ten years ago, another temp agency placed me in a job where I became acquainted with my current boss.

Nothing at all wrong with temp gigs. Hubby has applied for a few of them... this was just the first one he bagged. :)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I almost accidentally killed my supervisor on a temp job I had at an industrial mill. We took full size sheets of particle board and glued the fake woodgrain on it. I was feeding the machine and had a problem switching palettes. He came over to help and I pushed the wrong foot pedal on the pneumatic feeding machine in my confusion and shot him about 50 feet across the room. He was unhappy . . . :uhoh:

So temp jobs can be fun . . . :)

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I almost accidentally killed my supervisor on a temp job I had at an industrial mill. We took full size sheets of particle board and glued the fake woodgrain on it. I was feeding the machine and had a problem switching palettes. He came over to help and I pushed the wrong foot pedal on the pneumatic feeding machine in my confusion and shot him about 50 feet across the room. He was unhappy . . . :uhoh:

So temp jobs can be fun . . . :)
According to my hubby, "a supervisor should know not to stand in the bite of the machine"... IOW, he should have known where NOT to be standing.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
According to my hubby, "a supervisor should know not to stand in the bite of the machine"... IOW, he should have known where NOT to be standing.
Oh very true, he was standing in a forklift load area, but the problem I was having was about to bring down the entire production line, again, and required a machine cleaning to boot so I think he was a little frustrated at the time. Well, he was really red faced and went home with a few bruised ribs, they didn't blame me or anything but I was scared shitless while he was rolling around on the floor with his wind knocked out . . . :lol:

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Very sorry to hear, @VaporsVaporizer. I've been thinking about it since you posted it. I can't quite find the words to comfort you but know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending you good vibes.
Thank You Q, it's been a a very emotional week, up and down. The positive is i have a new Grand Niece and she's doing well, lungs are good :tup: heads a little squished:lol: but it'll sort itself out in a day or two;) Meet Alice Ruth, all 3lbs 15ozs of her :love: She's the star of the NICU .And congrats Enchantre's Husband :clap:
mwcrxs.jpg

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Oh look at that sweet little girl!!!! Congratulations VV!!!!
Thanks Mom, i think she's gonna be a little drama queen:lol:. She was supposed to be an Aires, then was almost an Aquarian , but finally decided on Pisces. My poor niece has been laying in a bed for 10 days , they induced but she still didn't wanna come out ,so they went in and got her. My Niece is exhausted, her water broke 10 days ago and without the fluid in there, every time Alice rolled over on her cord, her heart rate would go down and all the alarms would go off and they'd rush in and move my niece. Then her damn head was stuck in the birth canal , we're all just happy she's out:D

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Congrats on the little bit of joy VV. Sorry to hear of the loss of your Brother- in- law at least he had all of you standing by his side until the end. Hope the new addition to the family brings some joy and comfort to you, your brother and the rest of your family.

:peace:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
My hubby and I coined the term "Microsoft minute", years ago...

a Microsoft minute is very, very elastic.

@VaporsVaporizer , little Ruth is gorgeous! Congrats, and hang in there. Thank you for your kindness, too. :)

I remember Win3.1 and playing around in DOS. The good old days, slow as molasses. Don't even get me started on AOL and CompuServe. :disgust:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey VV, while I'm so sorry for your loss I'm so excited about the new addition. She is a gorgeous baby. I guess you just witnessed the amazing cycle of life, I believe for every tragedy there's a blessing. Congratulations to your family.

On another note, I feel like I got kicked in the head by a fucking donkey. I've had a cluster headache for almost 24 hours and it won't fucking quit. Going back to put my much thinner head down. :razz:

Top Bottom