Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
What the FUCK is five spice donkey meat? The only spicy donkey I've ever seen was in Mex....

reverse-1318871483_donkeys.gif

grokit

well-worn member
:uhoh: This sounds scary:

Scientists Discover Marijuana Buzz-Blocking Hormone
Jan 06, 2014
1.6-hormone.jpg

Scientists from the French Institute of Health and Medical Research believe they have discovered a hormone that blocks the buzz of marijuana. Pregnenolone may be released as a natural response to counteract the mind-altering effects of marijuana.

Researchers conducted the study by giving massive amounts of marijuana to lab rats. They then monitored the rats’ brain activity and found raised levels of Pregnenolone being metabolized in response to the marijuana.

Once Pregnenolone began to be elevated, the effects of the marijuana began to subside. This same effect was replicated in human cell lines, indicating the human brain may show a similar response.

According to the journal Science, “Their discovery could lead to new approaches to treating marijuana intoxication and addiction – and it may allow researchers to isolate the medicinal properties of cannabis while blocking its behavioral and somatic effects.”

If pregnenolone’s effect can be confirmed, it would mark “the first pharmacological therapy for cannabis dependence,” explained study author Pier Vincenzo Piazza of the French Institute of Health and Medical Research.
http://news.nuggetry.com/medical-marijuana/scientists-discover-marijuana-buzz-blocking-hormone/
The french sure can be dicks about:bigleaf:!

Imo, many of mj's "medicinal properties" are dependent on its behavioral and somatic effects :cuss:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
So, they are looking for a cure for mj addiction? Seriously?

Far better the work on how to minimize the buzz for medical users that want/need the med without the buzz.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
:uhoh: This sounds scary:

Scientists Discover Marijuana Buzz-Blocking Hormone
Jan 06, 2014
1.6-hormone.jpg

Scientists from the French Institute of Health and Medical Research believe they have discovered a hormone that blocks the buzz of marijuana. Pregnenolone may be released as a natural response to counteract the mind-altering effects of marijuana.

Researchers conducted the study by giving massive amounts of marijuana to lab rats. They then monitored the rats’ brain activity and found raised levels of Pregnenolone being metabolized in response to the marijuana.

Once Pregnenolone began to be elevated, the effects of the marijuana began to subside. This same effect was replicated in human cell lines, indicating the human brain may show a similar response.

According to the journal Science, “Their discovery could lead to new approaches to treating marijuana intoxication and addiction – and it may allow researchers to isolate the medicinal properties of cannabis while blocking its behavioral and somatic effects.”

If pregnenolone’s effect can be confirmed, it would mark “the first pharmacological therapy for cannabis dependence,” explained study author Pier Vincenzo Piazza of the French Institute of Health and Medical Research.
http://news.nuggetry.com/medical-marijuana/scientists-discover-marijuana-buzz-blocking-hormone/
The french sure can be dicks about:bigleaf:!

Imo, many of mj's "medicinal properties" are dependent on its behavioral and somatic effects :cuss:

First of all, the guy's name is Piazza. Seriously? Was his co-author named Dioritos?

Second, this story does not mention an important point: it also blocks pain reduction and increase in appetite.

"If your [brain] is exposed to very high levels of marijuana, this natural mechanism is triggered and protects you from cannabis exposure," lead author Pier Vincenzo Piazza of the French Institute of Health and Medical Research in Paris told RFI.

Piazza said his team looked into what the hormone blocked.

"The high, the loss of memory, the sedative effect, but also the relaxation of pain or the induction of eating," Piazza told RFI. "So this hormone blocked either the bad or the good effect of THC."

He said the research was intended to discover possible treatments for marijuana intoxication and addiction.

Yes, he said "marijuana addiction." :doh: :cuss: :bang:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Welcome back @deadheadbill - hope you brought back some Jamaican. :cool:

Anyway's I'm not going to be on long so make a long story short - new parkey meds = mvapey had numerous seizures and finally mentally snapped.

Good news, the doctor at the ER pumped me full of something. I don't know what but suddenly I keep thinking I'm Batman yet feeling very tired.

I promise, be back tomorrow in better spirits.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Welcome back @deadheadbill - hope you brought back some Jamaican. :cool:

Anyway's I'm not going to be on long so make a long story short - new parkey meds = mvapey had numerous seizures and finally mentally snapped.

Good news, the doctor at the ER pumped me full of something. I don't know what but suddenly I keep thinking I'm Batman yet feeling very tired.

I promise, be back tomorrow in better spirits.

I'm sorry you are having such problems with the damn meds. :(

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Good morning friends - I'm back! The medicine starting working immediately and I feel like a new person today. About a month and a half ago my doctor switched my anti-depressant and added an anti-psychotic to help balance me out while it was becoming apparent that my PD was advancing. I ran out of one of the meds and my doctor doesn't get back into the country until next week.

Being that the anti-depressant wasn't a pill I was used to seeing when I filled my daily pill jar (you have to use one when you take more than 30 pills a day) we had just moved and unknowingly those pills were packed in another bag.

Long story short, I haven't had any anti-depressant since we moved into the new house and the depakote on its own wasn't enough to handle my new PD meds levels.

Now a little bad news, I believe I'm losing control of my right arm. My tremors have gone internal throughout my rib area as well as my stomach. Lifting my right arm caused immediate dystonic spasms that are incapacitating. When I told the doctor at the hospital yesterday he said this may very well be permanent.

For today I am a bit scared and that's ok for me. I've started a completely healthy diet and am trying to change things up a bit. But to take my ability away in my right arm (my writing arm) was a blow from Parkinson's I am admitting that I clearly wasn't ready for.

I love the support I get here, this thread has brought new meaning to the term "outlet". But just like I named this thread, I need some help saying fuck the Parkinson's.

With Love and Light friends....

Top Bottom