Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
fuq1k7.jpg

Didn't want to say anything earlier and take away from Vicki's day..... but I can't hold it in anymore....

THIS IS THE DAY!!!!!!! I am a Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient. After 47 years of use, I AM LEGAL!!!!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

grokit

well-worn member
Congrats mom! Do you already have your card/certificate?
In my state they give you a certificate, that we have to fold up if we want to put it in our wallets.

And now we (AK) are poised to follow CO/WA and make recreational use legal (again, in our case). So when we pass it what then? I won't feel so special anymore but I should get some access to more strains...and concentrates! But what will be the point of maintaining a prescription at that point, I have no idea yet.
:hmm:

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
When i registered, they gave me the paperwork that I would use until my card arrives. We get issued a card similar to a drivers license, I believe from what I've seen online.

I think recreational herb will cost the buyer more if they do not have a prescription...

I just wish they would bring back dispensaries here in Michigan. But I am fortunate to have come upon a collective that seems really legit. I'll know more when I meet with the guy. Finding a caregiver isn't the easiest thing in the world and this guy sounds great.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You think? I dunno about that, as it sure seems like prescription drugs are super-expensive.
Maybe with insurance participation though.
That was my understanding of how they are going to handle in it Colorado. The dispensaries will be charging medical patients less. How the pharmacies are going to handle it is another thing entirely. :shrug:

Maybe someone else with more knowledge can chime in here?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
All I know is that at the dispensaries most if not all strains are upwards of 20 a gram so that is way more expensive then the street or anywhere. If the drug companies charge as they do with the pharms we are screwed.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
This is why any legislation that takes away patients grow rights has to be opposed. In the Oregon model that treats cannabis like alcohol, your medical card would exempt you from all of the taxation that recreational users will be paying is my understanding. I can not stress enough how absolutely vital free, medical grade flowers are for my existence so I can't support anything that gets in the way of that. If the state wants to put MMJ in the liquor stores or whatever fine, but leave my annual outdoor grow alone please . . .

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
@momofthegoons - Michigan, you fucker! You told me you lived in Kansas!

Can't trust anyone these days...

Anyways, congratulations Mom - if there's anyone who deserves it's you.

Oh and Vicki and myself.

So the official results are in from my doctor. Based on my imaging and my reports of excessive pain he has confirmed that the Parkinson's has grown.

See, when you get the kind of scan I do imagine this, when you look at it's a picture of your brain from the top. On each side you see a green dot on each side towards the ass side of your brain.

Those green dots represent dopamine. On non parkies each dot would be about the size of a half dollar. My first scan when diagnosed mine where about the size of a quarter. Putting me in the higher end of stage 1 PD.

Well, this time they were smaller than dimes. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

What do I mean by that? See I believe that G-d put me in this position for a reason. I think it was time for me kick somethings ass and since Jess was out of the question Parkinson's it was.

Going back to the drawing board means work harder, study more, get educated. For the first I feel like I looked my disease in the eye and said bring it fucker.

Parkinson's ain't got SHIT on me!

There's too much love in me to allow it.

grokit

well-worn member
You just can't make this shit up:

Wal-Mart recalls donkey meat tainted with fox meat from stores in China!
Friday, January 10, 2014 by: Rebecca Winters
images

(NaturalNews) As if anyone even needs yet another reason to be wary of the food coming out of China, Reuters is reporting that Wal-Mart customers there are outraged to learn that their donkey meat was recently found to contain "the DNA of other animals," including fox.

Wal-Mart issued an apology and has announced that customers who purchased "Five Spice" donkey meat will be reimbursed. Confoundedly, Reuters went on to note, "The scandal could dent Wal-Mart's reputation for quality in China's $1 trillion food and grocery market...." Really?

http://www.naturalnews.com/043463_Wal-Mart_fox_meat_food_from_China.html

Top Bottom