Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

lwien

Well, it's a little crooked and the black ink isn't laid down evenly. The Pan-Pacific Auditorium was huge, so there were about 6000 of these out there. Elvis is highly collectible but this isn't a particularly special concert, like his first or the one right before he went into the Army, so that's gonna bring the value down. Tell you what, best I can do is give you 20 bucks for it. I'm taking a big risk here because I'm not sure how many are left and I don't even know if this is a fake.

I googled that pic. That's not a ticket stub. Looks like an ordering form.

But yeah, it was his Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel tour. Came out in a shiny gold jacket. There was this five foot high statue of the RCA dog on the stage. Weird that I still remember that.

Should have saved the stub though, along with the Jimi Hendrix stub from the Forum right before he died.

And yeah, the Pan Pacific Auditorium was really neat. Lots of art deco. They used to hold all of the Auto Shows there too that I went to every year. I was kinda sad when they tore it down.

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I hate when this happens....

yodRj.gif

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I hate when this happens....

yodRj.gif
We used to have a neighborhood homeless man visit as a guest to our home for years. He was so shy about asking to use our bathroom that we always spied him shooting rooster tails like the one in the pic above into the park bushes down the street. We loved him just the same. We weren't exactly pleased about the unsanitary state he left the park in though.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I googled that pic. That's not a ticket stub. Looks like an ordering form.

But yeah, it was his Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel tour. Came out in a shiny gold jacket. There was this five foot high statue of the RCA dog on the stage. Weird that I still remember that.

Should have saved the stub though, along with the Jimi Hendrix stub from the Forum right before he died.

And yeah, the Pan Pacific Auditorium was really neat. Lots of art deco. They used to hold all of the Auto Shows there too that I went to every year. I was kinda sad when they tore it down.

I thought it was suspicious that a ticket stub needed your name and address but I was sure that you were a stand-up guy and would never try to pull a fast one to take advantage of my good nature. See if I ever make you an offer again. :nope:

BTW the PPA wasn't torn down, it burned spectacularly.

Pan-Pacific_Auditorium_fire.png

lwien

How weird about some of the things I can remember and some things that I don't remember at all. I know that they shut it down in the early 70's and they just let it turn into a major eye-sore, so I thought they just tore it down. I don't even remember that there was a fire there. Amazing pic. Kinda looks like a boat at sea on fire, eh?

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My last dog, as a puppy would eat every and anything he found on the floor, coffee table, etc. He had a particular penchant for action figures, eye glasses, crayons, pens, markers and Barbie dolls. One day I was out doing lawn duty and I looked down and there was this pink foot sticking out of his poop. He had disabled poor Barbie. Chewed her leg right on off.

My poop duty usually looked a lot like this....

2610xw8.jpg

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Every year, we visit my husband's family at Christmas. He has a large Catholic family. When all of us are together, we reach 45 people. As we all know, there's always "one" in every family who is a bit, shall we say, "off?" In my husband's case, it's his oldest sister.

In years past, Linda has given me some very interesting presents. She's big into do it yourself. Last year, she gave me this sweet little box that she had papered with vintage paper. I opened it and inside was an interesting pair of earrings. Of course, I put them on. As soon as I did, she informed me she had made them from a squirrel vertebrae that she had found in the driveway.....

So... I was sitting here and thinking this afternoon.... wtf is this year's present going to be?

Crazy-Christmas-Gifts-Taxidermy-Guinea-Pig-Comb-Accessory.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Every year, we visit my husband's family at Christmas. He has a large Catholic family. When all of us are together, we reach 45 people. As we all know, there's always "one" in every family who is a bit, shall we say, "off?" In my husband's case, it's his oldest sister.

In years past, Linda has given me some very interesting presents. She's big into do it yourself. Last year, she gave me this sweet little box that she had papered with vintage paper. I opened it and inside was an interesting pair of earrings. Of course, I put them on. As soon as I did, she informed me she had made them from a squirrel vertebrae that she had found in the driveway.....

So... I was sitting here and thinking this afternoon.... wtf is this year's present going to be?

Crazy-Christmas-Gifts-Taxidermy-Guinea-Pig-Comb-Accessory.jpg

Pray for a gift card, to anywhere!! :lol:

Top Bottom