Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

satyrday

The plight of an aging woman......

24g8v92.jpg

She's sexy! ...the headlights look to be in good working order.

As for the husband...

8531%257EManly-Essence-Posters.jpg

Tweek

Speaking of bizarre foods... anyone like to be watched by the meat they're eating?

rsj5.jpg

Smalahove. You can even have it served with the brain inside.

In some tribal cultures, it is an insult to refuse the eye.

She's sexy! ...the headlights look to be in good working order.

As for the husband...

8531%257EManly-Essence-Posters.jpg

Anytime someone tells me I stink, I remind them that it's because I'm an asshole.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
So, one of the reasons I like this thread is because we tend to "mostly" have an older audience. So most of you are either where I'm at, already been where I'm at, or the younger ones who will be where I'm at.

I was thinking today after my 1st bowl, when I was younger I used to look at other peoples kids and say. "Well, if they had a little parenting they wouldn't have gotten into trouble. If their parents didn't let them watch/play that movie/game, They wouldn't be smokin cigarettes and shit ".

Then this week. My kid gets drunk and runs over a Denny's sign. :D

Tweek

So, one of the reasons I like this thread is because we tend to "mostly" have an older audience. So most of you are either where I'm at, already been where I'm at, or the younger ones who will be where I'm at.

I was thinking today after my 1st bowl, when I was younger I used to look at other peoples kids and say. "Well, if they had a little parenting they wouldn't have gotten into trouble. If their parents didn't let them watch/play that movie/game, They wouldn't be smokin cigarettes and shit ".

Then this week. My kid gets drunk and runs over a Denny's sign. :D

I don't have any kids yet, but the one thing I learned from being one, was that no matter what you teach us, we will still go out and do our own thing. Just the way life goes. Natural selection in a sense...some of us make it through testing our limits, and sadly, some of us don't.

So hopefully your son is grateful for being one of those who survived his lesson, and doesn't keep making the same mistake.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
protip - the part of a male human's brain that appropriately assesses risk doesn't fully develop until the early 20's. so in many ways. this is probly still new to him.

i remember being slightly too drunk and driving (i knew waaay better. was a staunch advocate against) and thinking that i knew the route i was taking so well, that i could do it blind. and to prove it to myself i ducked my head down and tried to take a 90 deg. turn. i realized halfway thru the attempt that it was probly a dumb idea and looked up just in time to swerve and miss jumping the sidewalk. you gotta make mistakes to learn, unfortunately in this society, sometimes those are fatal. glad everyone's ok.

Last edited:

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Bill.. I feel your pain. My oldest is 30 now and my youngest 24. I wouldn't go through the teen years again for anything.

I broke all of my "I will never do's....." And always thought I'd have it together so well when I had kids. They were going to be perfectly mannered, behaved, dressed little darlings. Well let me just remind you about my son...... he goes by the name Goon.

2hpok7m.jpg

Hope all of you have a great weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canucks.

And @t-dub here's a few brewskis for your college football extravaganza this weekend :D

2zrdqxc.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks mom its going to be a good one . . . :)

My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver just a few years ago. He was riding his bicycle at the time when he was hit from behind by a sailor who was still drunk from the night before and late getting back to base. Drinking and driving is a big no no, just ask his kids. Interestingly enough, at the time the drinking age on island was 18. Now its 21 and they named the law after him. The local kids complained like hell.

Tweek

Thanks mom its going to be a good one . . . :)

My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver just a few years ago. He was riding his bicycle at the time when he was hit from behind by a sailor who was still drunk from the night before and late getting back to base. Drinking and driving is a big no no, just ask his kids. Interestingly enough, at the time the drinking age on island was 18. Now its 21 and they named the law after him. The local kids complained like hell.

Sorry for your loss, t-dub

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Sorry for your loss, t-dub
Thanks Tweek, I feel sorry for his wife and kids, his daughter just started Occidental and they seem to be doing well. One thing I did experience was a huge cultural shock for me and that was the funeral. Death was never talked about in my family, however, in my in-law's culture it is "embraced" a little more fully. I was really worried about blacking out at the funeral because I knew it would be open casket. But imagine my surprise when they wheeled him into the house and set him up in the living room, open and everything, for a whole night while the neighborhood filed through to pay their respects. It was really unnerving for me to have a dead body in the house . . .

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Since bob gave a pro tip here is my encounter with my kid last weekend.
He came home from vacation and as you all know we fight a lot cause I need more help then most parents. Anyhow he came into my room and said mommy will I be ok meaning a good person and do the right thing when he is older. I said as much of an ass teenager you are now I think you will be great. From the stories you told me while you were away and all I know the skills I taught you are there. I went on to say you might be an ass for another 20 years ugh I hope not that long, but it is evident that you have learned what I taught you and that makes me very happy.

Remember all of us have that repeated recording in our heads that never goes away...usually our moms voice or others who taught us in life. As you get older, the recordings that were correct stick with you and you put them into practice.

Bill, I am sure your son has the skills but he is in his asshole stage and this to shall pass.

Tweek

I feel sorry for his wife and kids, his daughter just started Occidental and they seem to be doing well. One thing I did experience was a huge cultural shock for me and that was the funeral. Death was never talked about in my family, however, in my in-law's culture it is "embraced" a little more fully. I was really worried about blacking out at the funeral because I knew it would be open casket. But imagine my surprise when they wheeled him into the house and set him up in the living room, open and everything, for a whole night while the neighborhood filed through to pay their respects. It was really unnerving for me to have a dead body in the house . . .

Very tragic. Italians do something similar, so I know how you feel in that regard.

My best wishes for his wife and children. I hope they can find some way to heal.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Well, in that was supposed to be funny, not some kind of rant. :)

I'm not really worried about it, he is 21, so when I say he is a "kid" I mean he is my kid, not a kid. Hopefully he will grow up and be fine. As long as he doesn't kill himself or another.

Not much I can do about it at this point anyway. :horse:

Tweek

Well, in that was supposed to be funny, not some kind of rant. :)

I'm not really worried about it, he is 21, so when I say he is a "kid" I mean he is my kid, not a kid. Hopefully he will grow up and be fine. As long as he doesn't kill himself or another.

Not much I can do about it at this point anyway. :horse:

My parents worried, and look at how I turned out :uhoh:

Dreamerr

Disabled shit is fucking a trillion times mark up. I don't think I will ever get used to it. You have no choice but to get certain things and a lot isn't covered. The other thing is there are really strange rules. We are a captive audience. My hand controls were considered a luxury and were not covered by insurance.

Dreamerr

Q as I am not an engineer my head works in mysterious ways. Why does it need a computer. I would think a free hanging like a wire inside a holder would work the same. There are products that escape my mind right now that do that....like a weeble I don't know why I thought of that lol. Not really like that but I hope you can read my mind.

Top Bottom