Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

satyrday

Hey mvapes, just so you know...

1314880035949_9517500.png

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
i can totally vouch for @PhotoRider. and if he invites you over to see his collection i highly suggest you take him up on it. (check the recent aquisitions thread to see what i mean).
he can vouch for me as well.
I'll throw my hat in for the following:

Stu
Buildozer
letter never sent
thesoloman
exhaleclouds
thesoloman's other friend who I can't remember
SD_haze
nigel

I know I'm missing a few... I can't remember who all showed up for the herbalizer test (hell i dont remember what i did before i went lol)

grokit

well-worn member
I am alone in the distant wilderness. Nobody can vouch for me!

I have had a good rapport with @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd since we traded my pax for his glass shortly after I first joined fc, I would vouch for him as much as anybody I've never met in person or even spoken with lol.

Someday I will escape my far-flung purgatory for a visit to some gathering or other.

:peace:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hey, gang. :)

Submitted the capstone project/business plan (22 blippin' pages, plus financials) today, then ran off to attend my boss' wedding - tied on a bit of a wine buzz... now, I'm home, a bit oiled, and still somewhat tipsy.

Danced. OMG I danced at the reception! My poor, poor knees! I'm imagining I'll be flat out tomorrow. It was great, had fun, connected with a few former co-workers, and... wow, I'm still drunkish.

House is ON THE MARKET! :) Here's to having a FAST sale! :cheers:

I WANT to meet all* of you in person! Maybe I'll be able to do something about getting together in Portland with whomever... but hey... I've been burnt a time or three since I hit the 'net in '96. I do know. On the other hand, I met my hubby online, and that has worked out very well. I suppose karma must be satisfied.

*NOTE: "all" does not include scary people, underage people, or creeps. If you fit one of these categories, I'm not referring to you.

Tweek

In all seriousness, internet safety is important and I think alot of people forget it these days, since it is such a common form of communication. That being said, you can't always catch everyone in time, but I am glad that members who have met off the forum, have been safe and walked away with friendships for the most part.

Personally, I am at my best when I am here hanging with you lot. It's nice to have a corner where we can let our hair down (those of us that have hair, that is) and not worry about the stress that can sometimes come with having to entertain face to face...one of the downsides to my illness, is that I can get kind of reclusive at times, so its nice to still have a voice here, regardless of how social I am feeling. Not to mention, nobody here judges when a member needs a break or has to vent. It's a big group hug, and hopefully moving forward, new and old members alike, can be encouraged to be honest with themselves, and with others, and benefit from the love and kindness, that is not always so prevalent in this world.

I don't care at the end of the day, if I someone wants to keep it on the forum. Being a friend online is just as important as being a friend off the forum. Just no more lies, folks...or I will push you down a flight of stairs made of fists (sorry, I have been dying to use that line..I don't really own stairs made of fists. Just berber.).

satyrday

In all seriousness, internet safety is important and I think alot of people forget it these days, since it is such a common form of communication. That being said, you can't always catch everyone in time, but I am glad that members who have met off the forum, have been safe and walked away with friendships for the most part.

Personally, I am at my best when I am here hanging with you lot. It's nice to have a corner where we can let our hair down (those of us that have hair, that is) and not worry about the stress that can sometimes come with having to entertain face to face...one of the downsides to my illness, is that I can get kind of reclusive at times, so its nice to still have a voice here, regardless of how social I am feeling. Not to mention, nobody here judges when a member needs a break or has to vent. It's a big group hug, and hopefully moving forward, new and old members alike, can be encouraged to be honest with themselves, and with others, and benefit from the love and kindness, that is not always so prevalent in this world.

I don't care at the end of the day, if I someone wants to keep it on the forum. Being a friend online is just as important as being a friend off the forum. Just no more lies, folks...or I will push you down a flight of stairs made of fists (sorry, I have been dying to use that line..I don't really own stairs made of fists. Just berber.).
Having a new friend can be a beautiful thing, but people only truly prove themselves over time. The old friends are like gold line still applies, and maybe even more important today. Although occasionally you do meet that new friend you're just sure somehow you've known forever, a couple good brief encounters aren't enough to be 100% sure of anybody. On the other hand, I'd hate to feel a cold wind blow over the forum because all the sudden people aren't giving the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Tweek's right that the beauty here is that you can be friendly and relaxed without having met face to face or provided a reference. That trust can only be taken so far without further proof of character over time.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Having a new friend can be a beautiful thing, but people only truly prove themselves over time. The old friends are like gold line still applies, and maybe even more important today. Although occasionally you do meet that new friend you're just sure somehow you've known forever, a couple good brief encounters aren't enough to be 100% sure of anybody. On the other hand, I'd hate to feel a cold wind blow over the forum because all the sudden people aren't giving the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Tweek's right that the beauty here is that you can be friendly and relaxed without having met face to face or provided a reference. That trust can only be taken so far without further proof of character over time.
Right...no cold war sentiment in the wind here. Warm n fuzzy is where it's at! That said: "doveryai no proveryai" (trust, but verify). Доверяй, но проверяй (doveryai, no proveryai).

Top Bottom