Focus 1 by Focus V

PPN

Volute of Vapor
One of things i dont dig about x-max fog are the large holes at the bottom,which allow herb particles to get to the heater and produce unpleasant aromas when heating up
I don't think the holes so large and I never got this nasty taste from weed's dust "burning" on the heater although I got it regularly with my Fury... I agree it would be a nice plus if the heating element area would be cleanable... but except with dry herbs atomizers I never seen this feature anywhere... let me know if I'm mistaken.

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I don't think the holes so large and I never got this nasty taste from weed's dust "burning" on the heater although I got it regularly with my Fury... I agree it would be a nice plus if the heating element area would be cleanable... but except with dry herbs atomizers I never seen this feature anywhere... let me know if I'm mistaken.
Well The Modpod/Stempod and the Divine Tribe Herb atty's can be taken apart with ease. The IMP form misvape,looks like can offer the same too.Also forgot to mention about Longmada CHIC atty.
I have a very sensitive nose,especially towards combustion :D.. It is sad the majority of vapes are designed to have their taste deteriorate over time as dust/particles/residue.. get on the uncleanable parts.. I have opened more than a few and even the Holy Volcano,was like hell inside... I was like daaaaaamn am i breathing this shit ? ?? There is a lot of enviromental dirt ,not just the one on the herb,but on your hands clothes and everywhere around.I really can tell difference between fresh cleaned heater/airpath/bowl and after a couple of uses.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@FocusV Can you show us the heating element ? I am curious what is it, a ceramic rod or a coil?
Does herb make its way down to it ? One of things i dont dig about x-max fog are the large holes at the bottom,which allow herb particles to get to the heater and produce unpleasant aromas when heating up.Is there any finer mesh or barrier between the heater and the herb chamber ?
Can the heater be dissasembled or reached for cleaning ? Is the airpath remove-able ?(can you take it out and soak it ) ?
I really like the dissasembly reviews that puffit up makes,because the use can see with his own eyes what is going to breath trough :)).. So to say i dont mind to see all the guts of the focus 1 if you allowed to show us . :)) Mainly i wonder how are the electronics insulated from the airpath and what are the materials involoved in the heater. Any silicone,PTFE,Capton tape ?

Thanks for asking @Abysmal. When I see ads for portable 100% convection vaporizers, I perk up, and pretty quickly start looking for a visual of the design. Looking forward to seeing more here about the Focus 100% convection design.

OK so I tried to piece together a little diagram for you guys before I get my next focus 1 in then i can do a full tear down for you guys!

the first image below will depict the heating area via our 3D file.

the second photo is a mock-up of our u-shape air path. sorry for the crude method in which it is done. But i wanted to get this out and reply as soon as i could. I will still be providing a full tear down of both this and the Aero hopefully by 1st week of January if not sooner.

Any questions, concerns, comments, etc... lets hear it! thanks in advance!

(NOTE: The air path actually starts from the ring around the mouthpiece on one side there will be a small indented area on the final product I will provide more detailed imagery of that once i get a chance. I know the graphic doesn't depict that very well currently)

mockup-insdie-front.jpg
airflow-outline.jpg

(Again this is not the best depiction of the air path. its a bit more complicated then this lol :hmm:)

... It is sad the majority of vapes are designed to have their taste deteriorate over time as dust/particles/residue.. get on the uncleanable parts.. I have opened more than a few and even the Holy Volcano,was like hell inside... I was like daaaaaamn am i breathing this shit ? ?? There is a lot of enviromental dirt ,not just the one on the herb,but on your hands clothes and everywhere around.I really can tell difference between fresh cleaned heater/airpath/bowl and after a couple of uses.

Couldn't agree more with this! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

tornic

Really happy to read that you have taken the idea of user customizable temp settings and extend this idea with custom sesh timers. I myself personally prefer longer sessions.
What i wonder is, for what purpose was a Bluetooth module planned, if not to adjust settings like temp and timers?

Also, the idea of different mouth pieces is really cool.
I have not had a flat MP until now, but I have the feeling I wouldn't like it.

Regarding the steel chamber, I currently use a flowermate swift pro (twin of the Boundless CFV) which has replaceable chamber rings. One of them is made of glass ( the others are wood), and I really liked the glass one.
But then I've got the Aluminium Chamber (additional accessory) and the little bit of conduction heat that builds up during a session is good to get the rest out of the herbs, so I like that too.
Also the steel pods for the haze square are really liked by the square owners.
If the chamber will be changeable too, this will be an awesome product!

My Swift Pro have 2 18350 batteries in serial mode as far as I know, and this is good for 4-5 sessions (with 220°C/430°F), each 5 Minutes.

Why have you decided for 18650 for the Focus 1 instead of 21700 like the Aero?

I'm so happy that we now see USB-C based vapes coming, and in this case a pocket friendly convection one with removable batteries, great!

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Really happy to read that you have taken the idea of user customizable temp settings and extend this idea with custom sesh timers. I myself personally prefer longer sessions.
What i wonder is, for what purpose was a Bluetooth module planned, if not to adjust settings like temp and timers?

Also, the idea of different mouth pieces is really cool.
I have not had a flat MP until now, but I have the feeling I wouldn't like it.

Regarding the steel chamber, I currently use a flowermate swift pro (twin of the Boundless CFV) which has replaceable chamber rings. One of them is made of glass ( the others are wood), and I really liked the glass one.

But then I've got the Aluminium Chamber (additional accessory) and the little bit of conduction heat that builds up during a session is good to get the rest out of the herbs, so I like that too.
Also the steel pods for the haze square are really liked by the square owners.
If the chamber will be changeable too, this will be an awesome product!

My Swift Pro have 2 18350 batteries in serial mode as far as I know, and this is good for 4-5 sessions (with 220°C/430°F), each 5 Minutes.

Why have you decided for 18650 for the Focus 1 instead of 21700 like the Aero?

I'm so happy that we now see USB-C based vapes coming, and in this case a pocket friendly convection one with removable batteries, great!

The 21700 would have just caused the body to be so much larger. As far as individual 18650 vs 18350's. The heater in the Focus 1 is far more effective then the CFV(SWIFT) or the Aero for the matter. So we oped for a better 18650 with higher drainage then the 18350's running in series.

Not to mention the USB-C charging which in theory should really eliminate those long charging times!

(or simply pop the battery out and pop a new one in haha)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was lucky enough to try the prototype Focus 1 meeting @FocusV last week.

It is early and rough but very interesting! Nice to see a fresh design with session convection in a new form factor. Only had a few hits, but the mouthpiece is definitely unique, I didn't hate but I didn't love it maybe? Tried it with another who never really used or saw vapes before who didn't like that mp compared to Aero or standard small glass ones, so having additional options will be great! Its set up is bottom load and go, so simple top mouthpiece connection for anything.

Meanwhile the air/vaporpath does that Uturn thing which is really neat and seems very effective for convection, while the heater seemed quite capable! Vapor quality wasn't as impressive being an early prototype, but the sheer volume was! It was kicking out very thick clouds with nice easy draws. Being able to adjust all the settings will be wonderful.

This could be a real winner for mainstream portable convection!

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The heater in the Focus 1 is far more effective then the CFV(SWIFT)

A ceramic spiral core with with wire wrap sounds a lot like the CFV (unless I misunderstand the ceramic shape here). What's been improved with this one?

stickstones,
Reactions: Jill NYC

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
A ceramic spiral core with with wire wrap sounds a lot like the CFV (unless I misunderstand the ceramic shape here). What's been improved with this one?

Ok so essentially the CFV/TERA rely on a larger thermal structure (Ceramic heat Rod Core + Stainless Steel Diffuser + Outer Heated Ceramic Shell)

The Focus 1 is a different method utilizing a Ceramic Spiraled Core with a stainless steel heat wrap.

This method allows for less surface area to be heated. Which in theory should mean less drain on the battery.

focus-1-heating.png

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The heater in the Focus 1 is far more effective then the CFV(SWIFT)
You should stay away from comparing your unit to competitors as it relates to being "better" or "more effective" (even if it is comparing your old baby to your new one). You can discuss design differences, but don't give your opinion about which is better - leave that to the members. ;)

Thanks.

:peace:

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
You should stay away from comparing your unit to competitors as it relates to being "better" or "more effective" (even if it is comparing your old baby to your new one). You can discuss design differences, but don't give your opinion about which is better - leave that to the members. ;)

Thanks.

:peace:
Sorry I think that was from the first edit!

FocusV,
Reactions: Stu

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok so essentially the CFV/TERA rely on a larger thermal structure (Ceramic heat Rod Core + Stainless Steel Diffuser + Outer Heated Ceramic Shell)

The Focus 1 is a different method utilizing a Ceramic Spiraled Core with a stainless steel heat wrap.

This method allows for less surface area to be heated. Which in theory should mean less drain on the battery.

focus-1-heating.png

Thx...exciting to see that new heater! Are those the lead wires going up, through, and back down the outside? Or is there a connection inside?

stickstones,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thx...exciting to see that new heater! Are those the lead wires going up, through, and back down the outside? Or is there a connection inside?

If I'm not mistaken. Only one of the wires Goes directly through the heat sink the other rides along it

FocusV,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm stocked to see how much you share with us before release, that's nice for us but be careful your idea might be stolen and counterfeits will appear...

Although this is very, very interesting!

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I'm stocked to see how much you share with us before release, that's nice for us but be careful your idea might be stolen and counterfeits will appear...

Although this is very, very interesting!

Yea I hear you on that. The clones are always lurking around the corner. But this product will be available to you guys on the market as early as the end of February! (if clones hit after at least you saw it here first! lol)

I know coming from a long time vape user stand point I also like having as much info on a product before I commit to spending my money on it!

tornic

@FocusV: I really appreciate you transparency and openness regarding how the things work, used materials ... this is quite rare
I get the point with the size regarding the 18650, even if I would have a problem with 5 mm more height and 3 mm more width/depth. But, for end users it is more easy to get a 18650 then a 21700. Much more important is the possibility to replace the batteries and usage of UCB-C

I'm used to to stir multiple times until I consider the bowl as finished. But I hate to search for my stirring tool. Would it be possible, to integrate a stirring tool? Kind of magnetic hold or pop out stick, like the pen at the Samsung Galaxy Note series?
There are a few vapes out there with such a solution, I think the DaVinci IQ?

@Stu: maybe this comparing thing comes a bit from my side, since I had mentioned the CFV before.
I had no intention to compare things, just wonted to point out that there are session based convection vapes with relatively small batteries which can do multiple sessions. And since all the things evolve, its a logical thing that this new vape is more efficient then the 2 (or 3?) years old CFV.

But now I'm curious, what does FocusV have to do with the CFV/Swift development?

Last edited:
tornic,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@FocusV: I really appreciate you transparency and openness regarding how the things work, used materials ... this is quite rare
I get the point with the size regarding the 18650, even if I would have a problem with 5 mm more height and 3 mm more width/depth. But, for end users it is more easy to get a 18650 then a 21700. Much more important is the possibility to replace the batteries and usage of UCB-C

I'm used to to stir multiple times until I consider the bowl as finished. But I hate to search for my stirring tool. Would it be possible, to integrate a stirring tool? Kind of magnetic hold or pop out stick, like the pen at the Samsung Galaxy Note series?
There are a few vapes out there with such a solution, I think the DaVinci IQ?

Yea 21750 in general are better imo but its hard to get past that size difference when you are trying to make something with a sleek form factor. (not that the aero isnt sleek..)

I usually do stir myself. so far with this first hand sample of the Focus 1 the first temp setting is really the only one i find myself needing to stir on. the 2nd and 3rd vape very evenly through out which is nice!

4th temp setting needs to me toned down its a bit over powered imo. But I did just get the shell in for the production sample so I should have a far more updated sample to show of in a week or so!

we have played around with the concept of the built in stir tool. the Aero has one. Davinci has had them for a long time. i think as far back as the original Davinci haha. The Arc has a nice one too!

SimonSpeakeasy

This is looking good; I like everything I see so far.
Form factor
Removable18650
USB-C!
Custom presets (really important if it's not infinitely adjustable

Hoping that the chamber isn't too big and that airflow is good.
Any news on release date?

SimonSpeakeasy,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Been quiet round these parts! I'm sure FocusV has their attention mostly on the Carta right now. A shame since I love the form factor of my IQ and just want a convection counterpart. FocusV please! :D

deadlytoaster,
Reactions: mephisto

O-G-Reg

I haven’t seen any more communication from the company in general...particularly with this product. I went to the website @FocusV has in their profile but its been ‘under construction’ for some time now... no new YT vids.

Is the company still in business? Is this product ever going to market????

O-G-Reg,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I haven’t seen any more communication from the company in general...particularly with this product. I went to the website @FocusV has in their profile but its been ‘under construction’ for some time now... no new YT vids.

Is the company still in business? Is this product ever going to market????

Yes, their priority is the carta for now I believe. Everything ends up taking longer than expected, so I'm sure this one is no exception. New products aren't easy...

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom