Focus 1 by Focus V

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Guys!

Wanted to take some time to introduce the upcoming Focus 1 Vape.

We are going to release this early February. Ill try to list as many details as I can below. Any questions or comments please let me know!

Focus 1:

Heat: Convection

Temp Settings: 4 Presets (Currently: 360, 380, 400, 420)
these are preliminary settings and may change.

Operation: 1 Button Use (3 click on/off, 1 click to set temp, 2 clicks to change temp)

Charging: USB-C

Removable 18650 Battery

Chamber: (Medium to Large) 13mm Diameter, 23mm Deep

Specs: 4inch H , 1.8inch W, .9 inch D

Mouthpiece: Ceramic

Body: Aluminum

CHamber Material: Stainless Steel

The Airpath is an elongated U Shape allowing for very cool and smooth large clouds of vapor.

focus-1-white.jpg

Rendered Photo

Below are some prototype photos. The final product will more closely resemble the rendered photo.

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

(Heavily Tested haha)

f5.jpg

focus-1-step.png

Inside Photo of the U Shaped Airpath

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Looks nice! Congrats for both this Focus1 and the Aero, both looks great!

A lot of new convection based devices under the horizon, 2019 promises to be a nice testing year!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Convection + Elongated vapor path sounds promising. What are the materials involved in that U-shaped path ,short airpath is a bit inpleasant in powerful convection vapes,imo it is one of the lacking features of the xmax-fog ?Is it pure convection or there is some conduction into play ,as i see that the chamber is metal.
Ceramic mouthpiece sounds cool,but i dont think i really dig the shape of it,although i bet it is really practical for varierty of reason. Is there any WT adapter comming for this one ,cause for sure that kind of vapes are nice when paired with water .

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
- What are the materials involved in that U-shaped path
- Is it pure convection or there is some conduction into play ,as i see that the chamber is metal.
- Is there any WT adapter comming for this one ,cause for sure that kind of vapes are nice when paired with water .

The Airpath is pretty much all Stainless steel with the exception of when it hits the mouthpiece which would be Ceramic.

It is 100% convection heat. The stainless steel chamber definitely allows a solid build up of a conduction base but there are no actual conduction heat properties added.

Yes we do plan on a WPA for this unit. Something similar to a silicone sleeve is what we had in mind originally.
(but we are open to suggestions)

Congrats in advance!

And what is estimated heat up time?

Thanks! Estimated Heat Up Time would be as follows:

Level 1: 15 Sec
Level 2: 20 Sec
Level 3: 25 Sec
Level 4: 30 Sec

This is something we will be working to cut down on for sure but at the moment this is where we are at.

Pretty sleek looking :tup:
Is there a preset session timer? And if yes, what duration is it set to?

Yes currently the session timer is set to 4 minutes.
but in my experience with it so far this is seeming like perhaps 1 minute to long. as i am getting full extraction at around 3 minutes.

Although via the Aero thread there was a good suggestion for user controlled temp presets.

If we generate this function i will likely add user controlled sesh timer as well.

Mr. Me2

I’m a little surprised I haven’t seen a glass lined oven to reduce or eliminate any undesired conduction. I wonder if that would work...

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I’m a little surprised I haven’t seen a glass lined oven to reduce or eliminate any undesired conduction. I wonder if that would work...

1 reason you likely dont see glass chambers as often is the inconsistency that comes with molding glass specially a piece that will need to get heated and abused often haha.

I would agree though that a glass chamber would likely reduce the conduction properties for sure.

I can say that our plan is to have the Focus 1 Chamber be removable.

With that being said. I do not see it being unreasonable for me to produce a glass chamber replacement for the stainless steel.

GetLeft

I’m not getting the concept of a convection vape with a 4 minute session at set temps. Doesn’t mesh with my understanding of how convection works in vaporizers. How many sessions are you getting out of your cell (only one would fit, correct)?

GetLeft,
Reactions: FocusV

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I’m not getting the concept of a convection vape with a 4 minute session at set temps. Doesn’t mesh with my understanding of how convection works in vaporizers. How many sessions are you getting out of your cell (only one would fit, correct)?

In a sense the sesh timer on a convection vape is somewhat irrelevant to the function other then the initial heat up time. considering it wont actually vape any of your herb unless you are drawing on it.

The sesh time for this unit basically just acts as something to ease the need to turn it on or wait for the heat up time if you know you are getting ready for a full sesh.

if i am able to add in the option to customize i can see certain people reducing there sesh time considerably and using the unit as more of a 2 or 3 hitter.

out of each battery cycle at the moment would be hard to give you an accurate number but on my prototype I am seeing between 6 to 8 good sessions before needing to replace the battery.
(correct only 1)

GetLeft

Thanks for the prompt answer. I use convection vapes because I depend on the automatic (or close to it) vapor availability they provide me. So when I see news about a new convection vape I take a look.

The portable vaporizers that I'm aware of that can produce hot air fast are unregulated. Altogether, I'd say I get more or less five minutes (8 uses of 30-40 secs per use) of good power from a single cell on one of my unregulated convection vapes before it has to be charged.

So with the Focus 1, a single cell quickly powers a heater that in turn heats up incoming cool air enough for it to vaporize the contents of the ss chamber above it? And it does it 6 times, four minutes each time?

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the prompt answer. I use convection vapes because I depend on the automatic (or close to it) vapor availability they provide me. So when I see news about a new convection vape I take a look.

The portable vaporizers that I'm aware of that can produce hot air fast are unregulated. Altogether, I'd say I get more or less five minutes (8 uses of 30-40 secs per use) of good power from a single cell on one of my unregulated convection vapes before it has to be charged.

So with the Focus 1, a single cell quickly powers a heater that in turn heats up incoming cool air enough for it to vaporize the contents of the ss chamber above it? And it does it 6 times, four minutes each time?

Yea some of my favorite vapes are definitely solid on demand convection vapes!

With the Focus 1 6 would be a safe bet for sure.
(All really depending on the battery you have in, but this is all based on the battery we would provide.)

The battery I am currently using in my prototype has about 3 1/2 cycles ran on it from a full charge and the battery indicator is blinking level 3 (75%<)

Our Aero Vape which just released is also full convection. but battery live is really good on that one because it uses a 21700.

I definitely like the idea about adjustable session times. My usual sessions are probably around 8 mins and most Vapes use a shorter timer, which is a little annoying. :shrug:

ArgetCraio,
Reactions: FocusV

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I definitely like the idea about adjustable session times. My usual sessions are probably around 8 mins and most Vapes use a shorter timer, which is a little annoying. :shrug:

I like the concept of a longer sesh time myself! i remember the days of backing a half gram in a hotbox or my extreme q and ripping on that for 15 minutes easy.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Hey Guys!

Wanted to take some time to introduce the upcoming Focus 1 Vape.

We are going to release this early February. Ill try to list as many details as I can below. Any questions or comments please let me know!

Focus 1:

Heat: Convection

Temp Settings: 4 Presets (Currently: 360, 380, 400, 420)
these are preliminary settings and may change.

Operation: 1 Button Use (3 click on/off, 1 click to set temp, 2 clicks to change temp)

Charging: USB-C

Removable 18650 Battery

Chamber: (Medium to Large) 13mm Diameter, 23mm Deep

Specs: 4inch H , 1.8inch W, .9 inch D

Mouthpiece: Ceramic

Body: Aluminum

CHamber Material: Stainless Steel

The Airpath is an elongated U Shape allowing for very cool and smooth large clouds of vapor.

focus-1-white.jpg

Rendered Photo

Below are some prototype photos. The final product will more closely resemble the rendered photo.

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

(Heavily Tested haha)

f5.jpg

focus-1-step.png

Inside Photo of the U Shaped Airpath

Are there going to be any other mouth pieces? I wouldn't mind a stem-like one.

Edit: Also I like the nails.

Last edited:

analytika

This is the sort of comment that gets you in trouble. It is provocative and adds nothing to the conversation. Keep it to yourself.
Apologies. Genuinely thought it might help the manufacturer, who I hope succeeds, make better decisions in their promotion. If that kind of feedback, well-intentioned and potentially useful, is off the table, okay. Would have been the first comment out of my mouth in a professional context back in my Young & Rubicam days. Thank you for clarifying the view of the moderators.

The LEDs wont be so intense as they are in the prototype! Our price point is about $180.00

The just under two hundred dollar price point is pretty crowded. If you can shave twenty or thirty dollars off that price, you'd get a lot more attention.

@FocusV feel free to PM me if you'd like more feedback on product or promotion now or in the future.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

@analytika Maybe it is the language barrier,but i didnt really get that your comment is rude in any way,lol.. I also agree on the price comment. For sure it has more features than the x-max fog.. but it does an awesome job .. at the $100 pricepoint.. What i dont like about it is the short airpath and the mouthpiece, The Focus-1 sounds a lot more promising in that department.
@pakalolo I also dont think those nails add any aesthetic value to the picture,for the purpose of marketing arent very apealing ,not really a nail expert though.. Anyway different people get triggered by different things ,for example if it was a crack of a fat dudes ass i would have commented also.
Nevermind me,asi am too baked to make any sense :D. Also appologies if it is against the rules to comment like that on moderators comments .
@FocusV Stainless + ceramic sound great. +1 on the different mouthpiece options..I am also more of a stem guy.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The just under two hundred dollar price point is pretty crowded. If you can shave twenty or thirty dollars off that price, you'd get a lot more attention.

or in the future.

Its definitely a crowded price point haha over the years I have added a handful of vapes in that realm that i am now having to compete against haha but I believe when the end user gets the product they will be forsure satisfied with what they purchased. There are so many vapes on the market nowadays its hard to satisfy the pricing structure to keep everyone involved in the process happy unfortunately lol.

@analytika Maybe it is the language barrier,but i didnt really get that your comment is rude in any way,lol.. I also agree on the price comment. For sure it has more features than the x-max fog.. but it does an awesome job .. at the $100 pricepoint.. What i dont like about it is the short airpath and the mouthpiece, The Focus-1 sounds a lot more promising in that department.
@pakalolo I also dont think those nails add any aesthetic value to the picture,for the purpose of marketing arent very apealing ,not really a nail expert though.. Anyway different people get triggered by different things ,for example if it was a crack of a fat dudes ass i would have commented also.
Nevermind me,asi am too baked to make any sense :D. Also appologies if it is against the rules to comment like that on moderators comments .

@FocusV Stainless + ceramic sound great. +1 on the different mouthpiece options..I am also more of a stem guy.

Yea im sure there will be a glass/wood stem option available as i usually lean towards those options myself! im hoping to have a stem option for the AERO vape available soon as well!

Side Note: As for the comment haha.. I didnt take offense personally. from my personal perspective I use FC as community based feedback for my products where they are the new ones or the ones i have been making for years. I always find solid feedback on FC. I try my best to avoid "Selling" to you guys on here. I like to keep it very casual. Your unfiltered feedback usually tends to be the best type of feedback for me!

All in all, I appreciate any and all feedback! If you guys ever have anything you would like to express directly as well please fill free to shoot me a DM!

If you guys have any questions or would like to see specific parts of the Focus 1 or anything else just let me know ill be happy to post anything and everything!

Abysmal Vapor

@FocusV Can you show us the heating element ? I am curious what is it, a ceramic rod or a coil?
Does herb make its way down to it ? One of things i dont dig about x-max fog are the large holes at the bottom,which allow herb particles to get to the heater and produce unpleasant aromas when heating up.Is there any finer mesh or barrier between the heater and the herb chamber ?
Can the heater be dissasembled or reached for cleaning ? Is the airpath remove-able ?(can you take it out and soak it ) ?
I really like the dissasembly reviews that puffit up makes,because the use can see with his own eyes what is going to breath trough :)).. So to say i dont mind to see all the guts of the focus 1 if you allowed to show us . :)) Mainly i wonder how are the electronics insulated from the airpath and what are the materials involoved in the heater. Any silicone,PTFE,Capton tape ?

Last edited:

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@FocusV Can you show us the heating element ? I am curious what is it, a ceramic rod or a coil?
Does herb make its way down to it ? One of things i dont dig about x-max fog are the large holes at the bottom,which allow herb particles to get to the heater and produce unpleasant aromas when heating up.Is there any finer mesh or barrier between the heater and the herb chamber ?
Can the heater be dissasembled or reached for cleaning ? Is the airpath remove-able ?(can you take it out and soak it ) ?
I really like the dissasembly videos that puffit up makes,because the use can see with his own eyes what is going to breath trough :)).. So to say i dont mind to see all the guts of the focus 1 if you allowed to show us . :)) Mainly i wonder how are the electronics insulated from the airpath and what are the materials involoved in the heater. Any silicone,PTFE,Capton tape ?

haha I knew you would ask for the heating system! no problem! I currently only have 1 the one working sample so i would hate to break that one down before i get my second! but if needed i will do so! haha

give me the day to speak with my team and see when I can expect my next working focus 1 and if its soon enough then i will go ahead and tear this one down for you guys!

Be on the look out for a tear down video for the aero as well!

GetLeft

Thanks for asking @Abysmal. When I see ads for portable 100% convection vaporizers, I perk up, and pretty quickly start looking for a visual of the design. Looking forward to seeing more here about the Focus 100% convection design.

Top Bottom