Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

lookhigh

FC member
I have a feeling that @mr_cfromcali is dreaming up some more embellishments for the fluxer?

EDIT
Tracking No received. USPS rubbish tracking as usual even the date is wrong.

Last edited:

Action

Just wondering what battery everyone is using ? Will button tops fit or do you need flat tops ?
Thanks
Jack

Action,

Action

Thanks I have some button top 18650 batteries so I guess I will be looking for some flat top 18650's
Jack

Action,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Not too sure what you mean? am i not reading this correctly with my not so good eyes?
The mother fluxer is a long way away i would say.
Yes, that was my point: the Mother is a long way away...as in, if I had gotten on the Deluxe list instead of the Mother, I might have one of Mr. C’s wonderful creation sometime in the next year, instead of the year after.

No disrespect to Mr. C: I fully support what he’s doing and how he’s doing it. It’s my choice I regret.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have been in touch with @ClearBlueLou and will be building a FD for him. He's been on the MF waiting list since early February, before my current FD cut-off date. It isn't his fault the MF still hasn't left the station. :rolleyes: :D

Speaking of the Flux Deluxe waiting list, I continue to work my way through it, and will be sending out a new set of "confirmation invitations" later this week, as soon as I wrap up the current cohort. August and September have been broken up with travel and family events, but in spite of limited availability I've tried to keep the line moving. I hope to settle back into a more productive groove soon.

Thanks to all for your continued support! I appreciate it!

Cheers,
:leaf:

LongDraw

I have been in touch with @ClearBlueLou and will be building a FD for him. He's been on the MF waiting list since early February, before my current FD cut-off date. It isn't his fault the MF still hasn't left the station. :rolleyes: :D

Speaking of the Flux Deluxe waiting list, I continue to work my way through it, and will be sending out a new set of "confirmation invitations" later this week, as soon as I wrap up the current cohort. August and September have been broken up with travel and family events, but in spite of limited availability I've tried to keep the line moving. I hope to settle back into a more productive groove soon.

Cheers,

Hey MrC. Just wanted to check then, is the mother fluxer still something that is in the works? I had my name on the list as well. I don't need to get a flux delux since i have an induction heater, but still woudl be interested in the mother fluxer with the larger batteries if it does get created.

Thanks

Baron23

HI @mr_cfromcali and anybody else who can answer.

I did put myself on the list for a Deluxe in the last month or two so I understand it may be quite a while before I get an order confirmation email.....but, I didn't receive any sort of wait list email confirmation.

Is this normal?

Thanks

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey MrC. Just wanted to check then, is the mother fluxer still something that is in the works? I had my name on the list as well. I don't need to get a flux delux since i have an induction heater, but still woudl be interested in the mother fluxer with the larger batteries if it does get created.

Thanks

The short answer is that yes, I'm still planning on circling back to the MF and offering it, too, when my time permits.

The FD is pretty much done at this point - its current form and feature set checks off all of the boxes I had in my head for a device like it, and I think the current version of the FD is very stable and capable. I have another coil variation I'm testing - more on that soon - but I don't foresee another major revision to the FD. I have a long list of folks waiting for them and a clear path forward with the device. I just need to crank 'em out. :tup:

One of my takeaways from the first phase of the FD project was realizing how much I enjoyed the design phase of the FD, and how I miss it now that the FD is essentially done. There's still a lot of design left to do with the MF to incorporate the lessons I learned from the FD, and I expect to keep it going as a side project so I can scratch that itch. It will eventually be ready to unveil, but i don't have a timetable for that. I have 35 of the MF's Hammond 1590BBS cases on hand for a first batch, and I'll need to eat or re-sell those if I abandon the MF project. I'd rather not do that, so as long as I have the parts, the project is still active. :myday:

And that's where these things stand at the moment. :wave:

LongDraw

thanks for the upate mrc, much appreciated.

im sure at some point ill thorw my name on for a flux delux, primarily because of easy to replace batteries. but think the larger of the two would be best with more battery capacity . primarily home use anyway .

thanks again and good luck.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
HI @mr_cfromcali and anybody else who can answer.

I did put myself on the list for a Deluxe in the last month or two so I understand it may be quite a while before I get an order confirmation email.....but, I didn't receive any sort of wait list email confirmation.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Yep, that's completely normal.

For anyone else that wants to add themselves to the mailing list, please complete the form on this page:

https://fluxerheaters.com/flux-deluxe-waiting-list

I prefer to receive the above form, but if you sent me an email (fluxerheaters@gmail.com) instead there's no need to complete the form.

The volume of the email I receive does not permit me to respond to each waiting list request, but I assure you, people are added in the order in which they contact me. No emails are lost, so please use email, not PMs for this, as Google/gmail remembers all.

Yes, there are better ways of doing this, but I'm doing what I can to make these heaters, run this business (?), and keep the line moving on my own. I am exploring ways to make these in greater numbers while still maintaining the current quality, but the heaters require care and a number of steps to build, and consequently their production doesn't scale very well. There's also not much of a profit margin on these devices at their current prices, so pricing also plays into the future of this device. I anticipate a price increase at some point, as I now have a lot more data on what it takes to build these, and the effort is more than the current price reflects. But I'll save that can o'worms for another day. :worms:

For now I am keeping the present course. I'll be sure to inform everyone if things change.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Baron23

Yep, that's completely normal.

For anyone else that wants to add themselves to the mailing lust, please complete the form on this page:

https://fluxerheaters.com/flux-deluxe-waiting-list

I prefer to receive the above form, but if you sent me an email (fluxerheaters@gmail.com) instead there's no need to complete the form.

The volume of the email I receive does not permit me to respond to each waiting list request, but I assure you, people are added in the order in which they contact me. No emails are lost, so please use email, not PMs for this, as Google/gmail remembers all.

Thanks...I did send in the form. If I don't hear anything in a year or two, I'll get back to you (nah..hahaha...just kidding).

I know, I know.... we are still in a six month backlog so my expectations are set properly.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, my friend. I have watched this project since your very early days soliciting some electronic engineering advise during initial design period. So glad this is working out for you and I do look forward to getting my Deluxe when my turn comes up.

Cheers

Last edited:

Chandler

Cheers been a moment since I checked in. Something I noticed about my FD. It's recieved little use in the past three weeks, but put to use enough. I decided to take out the batteries n charge up anyway.i realize I NEVER turn my device off. So at least 10 cycles. Left on for many weeks. I don't have the led so it draws even less energy when on. I put the batteries in the charger, they was blinking 2 dots. About 50%? Fully charged in about 20 mins... Amazing battery life! Glad progress is still up n no setbacks!

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....

Cheers,
I want to acknowledge Mr_C and his generous offer - one for which I am sincerely grateful, and I am stoked to know that I will have a fluxer to warm up my lonely vapcaps. IH has totally won me over, and so has Mr_C.

flammy

I WENT WITH ORANGE GREAT CHOICE VERY NICE

I might actually have to do the same. Looks better than I expected. I signed up at the end of February so I have been checking back on this thread and @mr_cfromcali sig block incessantly for the past 2 weeks! Really looking forward to finally having one sometime hopefully soon.

flammy,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I signed up at the end of February so I have been checking back on this thread and @mr_cfromcali sig block incessantly for the past 2 weeks

Hi @flammy - sorry this last batch has taken me a bit more time, but I've had to do some traveling in the last six weeks, and that slowed my pace even further. I have some more travel to do at the end of next week, then should be done for a while. I'll get the next set of confirmation invitations out soon, but wanted to share that I have been running a bit slower than usual, and my usual speed isn't very fast.

Cheers, :wave:

Top Bottom