Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Hi Lookhi,

Wanted to see if you could point me to where you got that glass body that allows the use of the condenser. Would like to get one for the omni xl if they have them.

thanks,

Check with @RogueGuy about the 2mmXL. There's info in the DV thread or send him a message.

2MMXL-3.jpg

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
So far, perfect...the tip on my s-b M seems to *keep* heating after removal - I got two solid hits off each of two heats...and then it was a nice ABV color, so I collected it.

Bravo - I like everything about it. Wow.

@ClearBlueLou what size coil does your FD have? Also, now this maybe a dumb question but does s-b stand for stainless body?

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
@ClearBlueLou what size coil does your FD have? Also, now this maybe a dumb question but does s-b stand for stainless body?
I have the 15mm coil and like it...still getting used to each other, but it’s going very well.

The “s-b” referred to my sand-blasted M, which turns out to be its own critter

ClearBlueLou,
Reactions: Moses Baca

flammy

My turn has come up and I am about to place my order. Does anyone have the top-mount temp control and if so, would you recommend that?

Also, does anyone have the external on/off switch. That looks really convenient but just afraid of toggling the switch while its in transport. TIA!

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
The temp control is still a left over concept from the previous mosfets.
I believe it did not do a lot, so i would not bother with it. maybe @mr_cfromcali can explain better.

External on off switch is a necessity to me and needs a good push to throw.
One could always push a grommet over the toggle to stop it from moving.
Also consider the battery meter.

flammy

The temp control is still a left over concept from the previous mosfets.
I believe it did not do a lot, so i would not bother with it. maybe @mr_cfromcali can explain better.

External on off switch is a necessity to me and needs a good push to throw.
One could always push a grommet over the toggle to stop it from moving.
Also consider the battery meter.

Thanks for the advice. Wasn't sure how useful the meter would be...given that you've mentioned it, I'll assume its a useful feature.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I prefer the cleaner look of the inside toggle switch. It seems more protected that way, too. We mainly use it around the house so it stays on most of the time anyway. The LED only uses a tiny bit of battery power.

I tried the battery meter once when I first got it but haven't used it since. I keep a spare set of batteries charged and just replace them when needed. The performance slowdown is pretty noticeable right before the batteries die.

I had an adjustable temp control on my first one. I played with it a few times but then set it and forget it. No adjustability on the newest version. I upgraded a couple months ago and haven't missed it at all.

Different strokes, whatever works for your situation. I'm sure you'll love it no matter how you roll.

BTW, what color are you going with?

flammy

I prefer the cleaner look of the inside toggle switch. It seems more protected that way, too. We mainly use it around the house so it stays on most of the time anyway. The LED only uses a tiny bit of battery power.

I tried the battery meter once when I first got it but haven't used it since. I keep a spare set of batteries charged and just replace them when needed. The performance slowdown is pretty noticeable right before the batteries die.

I had an adjustable temp control on my first one. I played with it a few times but then set it and forget it. No adjustability on the newest version. I upgraded a couple months ago and haven't missed it at all.

Different strokes, whatever works for your situation. I'm sure you'll love it no matter how you roll.

BTW, what color are you going with?

Thanks for the feedback! I am contemplating orange or gunmetal at the moment. Part of the reason why the temp control appeals to me is because I have a variety of different tips and they all do work differently. I was thinking that it would be nice to adjust power to compensate for certain tips.

Given that it runs off of 3 18650s, it seems like this thing will run for quite a long time right? I'm using a PSM as a my portable option and it still provide a decent amount of battery life.

ClearBlueLou

Usage update: leaving the unit ‘on’ for a couple days and hitting it maybe 20 times a day, it finally showed red. I turned it off, plugged in the cord, and 60 min made the red go away. From almost-no-green to green took about 90 min.

The magnets grip the lid very well - it might come off if I just flat dropped it, but it feels very secure. The divot in the lid makes opening it simple. The forest green is a nice choice.

Very happy to be back playing w/ my vapcaps....

StRaNgEcLoUdS

I’m looking to order an induction heater for my vapcap. Can anyone tell me some of the best options available atm? Need for use on the go only.

StRaNgEcLoUdS,

poison

Two portables worthy of mention are the Portside Mini by @Pipes, and the Flux Delux by @Mr_C. Either would be a good choice.

That's true. I've made my own IH, but it's big, it works great, you can made it at low cost but if you want something well made, 100% mobile and home device, the Fluxer and Portside is the best choice on the market. I just got mail this week it's my turn on the list at Fluxer and waiting for this device like crazy animal. :brow: This is probably the smallest gadget on market. And yesterday I've made order for PortSide Mini - just like that, if something will be wrong I always have 2 great and mobile devices + my home device (my is for 3x18650 so I can take it from home but it's closed in big wooden box)

lookhigh

FC member
Portable yes this is your best option, however there is no pocket friendly heater on the market.
Up to March 7 now.... moving along nicely.
I was a butaneholic but now butane free.:love::rockon:

ClearBlueLou

Still getting two solid hits off each heat, three heats typical, nice color ABV at that point.
I hope no one will feel nervous about the 15mm being described as “aggressive”.

Going by my experience with the Pipes 16mm: I thought the heat was ‘squishy’, it always seemed to click before the tip was actually hot enough, and to compensate, I had a relationship with it that was more guesswork on my part than anything else. I think Mr C’s are more dependable: when they click, the tip is hot and ready to pull on. No guesswork, no counting, it’s ready - just hit it.

I think this is more efficient than previous IH use: the reason I’m getting two full hits from a heat is I have to ‘break it in half’, good pull with the carb down, open, clear the chamber, breathe deep then out, and do that again. It might just be my lungs, but I’ll take the double deep hits over the coughing and wasted vapor any day.

I have not come close to popcorn aromas of any kind, my consumption-by-volume is down by half, and I’m a stoned monkey when I wanna be...like now

Last edited:

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Still getting two solid hits off each heat, three heats typical, nice color ABV at that point.
I hope no one will feel nervous about the 15mm being described as “aggressive”.

Going by my experience with the Pipes 16mm: I thought the heat was ‘squishy’, it always seemed to click before the tip was actually hot enough, and to compensate, I had a relationship with it that was more guesswork on my part than anything else. I think Mr C’s are more dependable: when they click, the tip is hot and ready to pull on. No guesswork, no counting, it’s ready - just hit it.

I think this is more efficient than previous IH use: the reason I’m getting two full hits from a heat is I have to ‘break it in half’, good pull with the carb down, open, clear the chamber, breathe deep then out, and do that again. It might just be my lungs, but I’ll take the double deep hits over the coughing and wasted vapor any day.

I have not come close to popcorn aromas of any kind, my consumption-by-volume is down by half, and I’m a stoned monkey when I wanna be...like now

I DIM (did it myself) an IH in early stages of @Pipes adventure and want just to add that with same 16 mm coil you can get different heating styles just like the torch by changing how deep cap goes into the coil
More deep more heat when it clicks, and IiRC you can adjust this to your pleasure - if you are a little handy
@mr_cfromcali is it possible to adjust this parameter on your heaters? (i am in line too for a fluxer)

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: Summer

lookhigh

FC member
I was wondering about raising or lowering the coil too.
There really is not much room.
A spacer on the tactile switch should work.

lookhigh,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali is it possible to adjust this parameter on your heaters? (i am in line too for a fluxer)

I was wondering about raising or lowering the coil too.
There really is not much room.
A spacer on the tactile switch should work.

There isn't any room to move the coil up or down. I suppose it could be possible to remove the top o-ring and move the coil up the equivalent space - 1mm at most - but that's it. The coil insert is ~19mm tall. The coil is ten turns (10T). The tactile switch + pyrex button, PCB, and bottom spacer take up the rest of the that vertical space, which is ~5mm. There is typically only a 1mm gap between the lid and the top of the insert So...no, IMO you can't really tweak the coil height in any meaningful way.

This device is what it is, and there are trade-offs with this orientation, coil depth being one of them. Coil diameter is the chief means of affecting the heating profile on this device. I do offer a variety of coil diameters, and they have a big effect on the way the device heats your vapcap: 14mm ( most aggressive), 15mm, and 16mm (least aggressive).

FWIW, I will soon be adding a 4th size, a thicker walled 16mm insert that provides a slower heating time for more flavorful vapor. The thicker insert centers the vapcap and assures the maximum possible distance from the coil, for the slowest heating time I plan on offering with this device. I've tried a 17mm coil and the heater had some issues with it, so I don't plan on going any bigger than 16mm at the moment. I'll be introducing the 16T coil as soon as I have time to prepare the coil size comparison data - something long overdue! - and make a video.

Maybe not the answer you were hoping for, but it's what I can offer. :shrug:

Cheers,
:leaf:

Last edited:
Top Bottom