Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

flammy

Hi @flammy - sorry this last batch has taken me a bit more time, but I've had to do some traveling in the last six weeks, and that slowed my pace even further. I have some more travel to do at the end of next week, then should be done for a while. I'll get the next set of confirmation invitations out soon, but wanted to share that I have been running a bit slower than usual, and my usual speed isn't very fast.

Cheers, :wave:

Hi there! Thanks for the reply but an apology is beyond unnecessary. It is what it is and I'm experiencing what everyone else is...not complaining at all. My impatience is perhaps getting the better of me. I appreciate the update nonetheless. Safe travels and look forward to hearing from you sometime soon!

Smockey banana
@mr_cfromcali or anyone knowledgeable in electronics, I'm building my personal IH unit based on @Pipes , sturdustsailor notes and notes I gather from the early posts here. I know nothing about electronics but I have build a few box mods (mosfet and fully mechanical) and can follow and adapt instructions.

Anyway, I have this charging module and this BMS. I'll be using 3x18659 to power it and a 2A phone charger to charge it. Will I need a balance module too or those two will suffice?

lookhigh

FC member
There will be some fluxing tonight,
Arrived today expertly and bomb proof packaged.

20190925-163136.jpg

20190925-163103.jpg

lookhigh

FC member
Getting used to my fluxer, some early observations.

This thing heats fast... very fast. 15mm coil and fresh cells, i have to be very fast to remove on the first cycle on the second cycle i remove on the first click and the cap second click as I'm about to inhale.
Massive clouds but less flavor and spent in three cycles.

I don't think i will be using a lighter again as this is sooooo much easier and consistent.

One thing i would like to see (in the far future perhaps) is a small single cell version as three cell unit is fairly heavy to carry around.

Terpenetime

One thing i would like to see (in the far future perhaps) is a small single cell version as three cell unit is fairly heavy to carry around.

I hadn’t really given that any thought before but given the reports on how many cycles the Fluxer provides o a single charge, which apparently is a LOT, it does make you wonder whether dual or single battery versions may be worth considering?

I suppose that one immediate issue might be the availability of a suitable of the shelf enclosure?

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

This thing heats fast... very fast. 15mm coil and fresh cells, i have to be very fast to remove on the first cycle on the second cycle i remove on the first click and the cap second click as I'm about to inhale.

I don't think i will be using a lighter again as this is sooooo much easier and consistent.

Yes, the 15mm coil does heat aggressively. I have found you can reduce the aggressiveness somewhat with batteries like the Samsung 35E (or similar) that have a low continuous discharge rate (CDR).

Sony VTC batteries have a CDR of 15A.
Samsung 35E (and similar) have a CDR of 8A.

I'd suggest giving lower CDR batteries a try, as others have reported this solution worked well for them. If the battery swap doesn't improve things for you we can swap you to a 16mm coil. Send me a PM or email and we can hash out the details.

My heater circuit works best at 12V. I don't see the production of a single cell heater in my future, but I could see making one with a smaller 12V drone battery (or similar) someday, but not any time soon.

flammy

Yes, the 15mm coil does heat aggressively. I have found you can reduce the aggressiveness somewhat with batteries like the Samsung 35E (or similar) that have a low continuous discharge rate (CDR).

Sony VTC batteries have a CDR of 15A.
Samsung 35E (and similar) have a CDR of 8A.

I'd suggest giving lower CDR batteries a try, as others have reported this solution worked well for them. If the battery swap doesn't improve things for you we can swap you to a 16mm coil. Send me a PM or email and we can hash out the details.

My heater circuit works best at 12V. I don't see the production of a single cell heater in my future, but I could see making one with a smaller 12V drone battery (or similar) someday, but not any time soon.

Would anyone be kind enough to report back on whether this technique works? It seems like having the ability to go hottter/faster is good but even better if you can hack it to where it still able to give low heat cycles with a lower discharge battery. TIA.

Action

I am using Sanyo NCR18650GA 3450mAh 10A Battery
Seems to work well but I have no other batteries to compare to.
Jack

Action,
Reactions: lookhigh

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755

Mine seemed lightning fast when I first got it. Now I barely pay it any attention. Just keep using it and you'll quickly learn the nuances of your batteries. I love the slightly quicker action of fresh batteries but most noticeable is the slowdown right before the batteries run out of juice.

Experiment with pulling out before the click, too. My purple haze has much better flavor if it's not heated to the click.

The Beast by Mistvapes is the smallest I've seen. I know nothing about mods and watts and all that stuff, though.

Smockey banana
Perhaps something like the OKR T-10 could make it work with just 2x18650?

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Perhaps something like the OKR T-10 could make it work with just 2x18650?

Sorry, but no.

First, that converter goes from 12v to 6v. This theoretical device would require one that goes the other way - 8.4v to 12.6v. These are bulky, and also more expensive, and not better than a third battery.

Second, I tried this a year ago with the first version of this device. It didn’t work very well. You can search the thread - october/november of last year, iirc.

So, I’m sorry, but I am going to pass on this idea, at least for now. My plate is too full atm to revisit this.

Cheers

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I’ve just received my Deluxe from Mr. C, and it is a thing of beauty.
Battery charging will take a minute, but we’ll go for a ride tonight....

I don’t just want to thank Mr. C: I appreciate the community of this thread, many have contributed ideas and technical know-how, and support and encouragement during the difficult debugging phases.

So, Mr. C, StardustSailor, all y’all - thank you!

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
I’ve just received my Deluxe from Mr. C, and it is a thing of beauty.
Battery charging will take a minute, but we’ll go for a ride tonight....

I don’t just want to thank Mr. C: I appreciate the community of this thread, many have contributed ideas and technical know-how, and support and encouragement during the difficult debugging phases.

So, Mr. C, StardustSailor, all y’all - thank you!

Finished reading all 53 pages of this thread and couldn’t agree more with ClearBlueLou. Mr_C was driven to work out all the details and bugs in a very open and transparent manner, and the forum was very patient, supportive and grateful while he did it. Looking forward to the arrival of mine sometime early in the new year.

Top Bottom