FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Skyscraper

The Aura looks pretty discrete. How is the vapor production and do you think the plastic mouthpiece feels "cheap", for lack of a better word?

OF, how long have you been running your Flowermates?

OF

The Aura looks pretty discrete. How is the vapor production and do you think the plastic mouthpiece feels "cheap", for lack of a better word?

It's OK, 'better looking', I think, than the FM which doesn't look much like an e-cig. It should pass casual inspection?

I have no problem with the MP, except they seem to break a lot.... I've just been told Randy is sending me a couple of replacements for my two Auras (one of which already gave it's MP in the cause). Others might not/don't like it and prefer the glass MP on the other types.

Which one? I mostly use Aura (that's how I break so many MPs...., my fourth is cracked....), and the V5 Mini since they both came out. Easily every day on average. No real complaints. I don't use the other much at all, really.

Oh, yeah, the V5 has a fun (loading light) that helps especially in dark places, but you can't turn it off? Little bits of the light leak out the vents in use and can be seen in the dark. Not a feature on the Mini.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Trev

Meach

I take my 5 pro out in public a lot I am not In a legal state...I just quit smoking cigarettes recently and carry a mod box around to ween off the nicotine..the fm is the same size as my ecig box..I also own the imag vape while its not the auroura but shaped similar enough to know that it can be hidden in the hand and pocket well....ever since I got my FM my imag has seen less use..I think the fm v5 is just a stealthy as a pen type vape since people are becoming used to e cig users puffing on the mod boxes no one looks twice at me puffing on my fm in public

Trev

Personally I think the Aura lacks a bit in vapor production, I prefer my mini and whilst I don't mind the plastic mouthpiece, I prefer the glass one on the mini. The mini is also ridiculously discreet, I can fit the whole thing in my hand with just the mouthpiece sticking out and no on has ever noticed it. I've had 2 on the go for about 8 months, alternating when battery is low, I use them every day and the batteries still seem the same as when new.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So I bought a flowermate v5.0s on black Friday for 37 quid...quite the bargain I thought....
But I always wanted a solo, so I recently got one, I found it so much better than my flowermate, that I didn't use it anymore, so sold it for 40....a fair price for such an unused device...

All was fine, and I was content with my eq and solo...
Then I got the chance to purchase another fm for 40 quid, slightly second hand, nearly used.
So not obe to miss a bargain I bought it. Didn't use it for a bit as I was happy with solo. But then I realised it had a different mp with larger central hole and a better screen gauge...

So I loaded it and gave it a go, and I was blown away by the vapour production over my original fm, or even the solo...
Taste was not as great, but with that amount of vapour, even on blue, I'm really torn now as to what vape I prefer...

The fm is definitely better for battery life, heat up time, ease of use and discretion.
And now possible for amount of vapour too, I can sacrifice some taste for all that I think...

Was the mp, the only change or is there internal modification's that were made too,????
Hard to believe just a mouthpiece and removed oven screen can make such a difference....

Anyway I'm very happy with my new fm, perfect out and about vape... solo can stay home...

Last edited:
Has anybody had to deal with their button getting stuck on the V5.0s? I've had mine for about a year, and all of a sudden yesterday I noticed the button was sort of pushed in. It still works, but it clearly isn't clicking like it used to. Weird thing is I'm sure nothing happened to it. It was just sitting on my desk like always. I'd like to be able to pop it back out if there's some way. Anyone else have this happen?

DoctorMambo,
Reactions: OF

OF

Has anybody had to deal with their button getting stuck on the V5.0s? I've had mine for about a year, and all of a sudden yesterday I noticed the button was sort of pushed in. It still works, but it clearly isn't clicking like it used to. Weird thing is I'm sure nothing happened to it. It was just sitting on my desk like always. I'd like to be able to pop it back out if there's some way. Anyone else have this happen?

Not on this vape, but I recall a similar problem but can't recall which vape. It was a while back, after a group discussion it was proposed that some condensate had got into the game (perhaps off a fingertip from loading?). It was suggested the owner use a toothpick to run a bead of ISO around the button edge and push it several times in an attempt to wash the sticky stuff out......which it did. You might try that?

OF

Trev

I recall this happening (I don't use my v5s any more) and I just used to give it a gentle but firm tap on a book or something like that and the button usually pops back out. Good luck!

Trev,
Not on this vape, but I recall a similar problem but can't recall which vape. It was a while back, after a group discussion it was proposed that some condensate had got into the game (perhaps off a fingertip from loading?). It was suggested the owner use a toothpick to run a bead of ISO around the button edge and push it several times in an attempt to wash the sticky stuff out......which it did. You might try that?

OF

I recall this happening (I don't use my v5s any more) and I just used to give it a gentle but firm tap on a book or something like that and the button usually pops back out. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll give these a try.

DoctorMambo,

snorcan

Stay charged, my friends
Does anyone have a sense of the difference in battery life between the mini and the mini pro? And how much better would the upper temp of the pro be for oils and waxes? Thanks!

snorcan,

OF

Does anyone have a sense of the difference in battery life between the mini and the mini pro? And how much better would the upper temp of the pro be for oils and waxes? Thanks!

Yes, we've discussed this a couple of times I think? The difference is very large IMO, 2686 mAh for the Mini, 1919 for the Pro, about 40% more with the Mini measured the same way. In practice, since you don't use the full range as a rule, the difference will be even bigger.

You get to decide how useful higher temperatures are, it's subjective, for me they're not a useful thing, and sure not worth the extra expense, and shorter battery life.

OF

OF,

Meach

I wonder if they'll discontent this mini ..looking at piu's blog there is a newer mini w some preset temps...

Meach,

Singinsolo

Hi, I am a total noob, and have been reading through the forum looking for info to make my first purchase. Sounds like Flowermate is a good choice, so I'm wondering about the differences between the V5.0 and the Vt!.0. Is the temp control on the Vt1.0 better than the presets on the V5.0? Is there more of a mouthpiece heat issue with the pen-style of the Vt1.0? Is the vapor cleaner with the V5.0? Since there's not a huge price difference, I'm more interested in quality over economy, so any comparisons will be welcome. I read many earlier posts but couldn't find anything actually comparing the two models side by side, and most seemed to be from last year so hoping for more current info. Thanks in advance for your help.

Singinsolo,

OF

I wonder if they'll discontent this mini ..looking at piu's blog there is a newer mini w some preset temps...

I sure hope not. You do know the Mini has 3 presets, like the V5 (same thing, two batteries....)? Personally I always use the lowest, but there are two more on tap.

As long as they have to cut into battery life to make room for the display, switches and extra stuff I'm sticking with the original Mini.....even if they do fix the lame battery meter on the Pro......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Alegre

OF

Fine, I read about it too. Now, please, what is the point? I don't memorize the dozen or so 'running conversations' I might have at any point in time, just calling me out doesn't cut it sometimes. This is one of the reasons to quote the part of the prior post you're responding to. I honestly can't figure out what you're talking about? What you want from me. Perhaps one of these covers it?

• This is a 'early peek' at a proposed product, not available for some time, and may be no more than appearance models for the photographer right now
  • They show 5 presets, not new except for count, the current Mini has 3 (which many of us consider adequate)
  • The range of temperatures on those steps is lower than the current Mini or V5. LOWER, that will be a serious disadvantage to some/many. Those who like to 'wick it up' with concentrates or using a WT will therefore probably find this new version a bad idea?
Pretty subjective stuff, hard to give advice even if you could actually order one in the near future you might not want to until enough got out to find out what issues exist there (past shorter battery life?).

OF

OF,

Meach

not calling you out... I was sharing some information with you about the upgraded version of the fm....alls good

Last edited:
Meach,

OF

not calling you out that I was sharing some information with you..alls good

I disagree. You called me by name, didn't reference or quote anything before giving me information I already had.

What response did you want/expect from me? Why did you address the partial message to me?

TIA

OF

OF,

Meach

Nevermind ...sorry for sharing a link with you and that I didn't quote the post that was just above me...my bad. Can't wait to for the 5 temp mini ..I personally enjoy the lower temps

Meach,

OF

Nevermind ...sorry for sharing a link with you and that I didn't quote the post that was just above me...my bad. Can't wait to for the 5 temp mini ..I personally enjoy the lower temps

I'm still confused. Not that that matters all that much. The post just above yours was by me discussing if the proposed new version would replace the current Mini. I knew at that point what the models were and responded as best I could (the current one has steps too, and covering a different range, I hope they don't drop the original since the new won't do all that).

Your next post made it sound like I either didn't know what I was talking about, had missed the point completely or for some other reason called for some response from me past 'yes, thanks, that's one of the units I was talking about'. I'm glad to know that's not the case, but hope you can see how from my end that might be a reasonable assumption?

Thanks again,

OF

OF,
Reactions: Meach
@OF, easy now. We all appreciate your wealth of knowledge and your willingness to educate. @Meach's comments were just innocent and maybe naive from my perspective.(No disrespect @Meach )

archangelz001,

OF

In other news, while I haven't had my replacement Aura MPs long I've been seriously testing the first one. I know how important this is to you all so I'm happy to keep dumping it out, shoveling more in and pushing the little button. And charging as needed of course. A couple dozen sessions at least, including a couple burn offs at full blast (446F) empty with a modest draft up and out (to keep hot air circulating, a 'worst case').

So far no sign of any kind of problem, although the first went a couple weeks, maybe more. Later ones died quickly, the last in a couple days with less than a dozen sessions before the first crack. I found I can feel the cracks before I see them. A ripple becomes a fine crack at the surface. When enough of them happen inside, around the post, the metal part falls off. You can still use it but you have to manually stack stuff up and of course wait for it to cool completely first.

I can find no physical detail to point to to tell them apart, but thus far 'no cracks' is working fine to do that. Hopefully they've got it solved, by whatever manner they found best.

Still a great vape, IMO, well worth considering even if you have similar ones.

OF

sokesleezy

Happened on mine. I hadn't used my FM for 6-7 months. But after a short while it click properly again.

sokesleezy,

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Here is a review that will give plenty of info on the Mini Pro. The reviewer shares a similar view to myself but it is a fair review on a good product.

Last edited:
Top Bottom