FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

OF

Here is a review that will give plenty of info on the Mini Pro. The reviewer shares a similar view to myself but it is a fair review on a good product.

Thanks, fun video, I love the guys accent. And he did mention short battery life, which is often missed on this guy? He did 'blow it' IMO in that he didn't follow the manual's instructions to fully charge "4 or 4.5 hours" before use, IMO a potential disservice to new owners who might not read the manual in time.

He also didn't note (notice?) the lame non linear nature of the battery meter, useless at predicting the 'do I have enough charge for another session?' issue so often dear to our hearts. Those two (significantly lower battery life and the 'not all that useful' meter function) leads me to use and recommend the original Mini over the Mini Pro. Unless you 'need' the fine temperature control. And save a few bucks in the deal.

FWIW the difference in battery is pretty large, 1919 mAh against 2686 in my case. Easily an extra session per charge.

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks, fun video, I love the guys accent. And he did mention short battery life, which is often missed on this guy? He did 'blow it' IMO in that he didn't follow the manual's instructions to fully charge "4 or 4.5 hours" before use, IMO a potential disservice to new owners who might not read the manual in time.

He also didn't note (notice?) the lame non linear nature of the battery meter, useless at predicting the 'do I have enough charge for another session?' issue so often dear to our hearts. Those two (significantly lower battery life and the 'not all that useful' meter function) leads me to use and recommend the original Mini over the Mini Pro. Unless you 'need' the fine temperature control. And save a few bucks in the deal.

FWIW the difference in battery is pretty large, 1919 mAh against 2686 in my case. Easily an extra session per charge.

OF

Looking at their website the FM range are priced as follows in AU$

FM v5.0s $115
FM mini $135
FM v5.0s Pro $155
FM mini Pro $220
Arizer Solo $260
Arizer Air $285

Not sure why the mini Pro is so much more expensive but at that price I would be getting a Pro or 5.0s or stretching to get a Solo or Air.

Stevenski,
Reactions: OF

OF

Looking at their website the FM range are priced as follows in AU$

FM v5.0s $115
FM mini $135
FM v5.0s Pro $155
FM mini Pro $220
Arizer Solo $260
Arizer Air $285

Not sure why the mini Pro is so much more expensive but at that price I would be getting a Pro or 5.0s or stretching to get a Solo or Air.

Better prices here:
http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/09/flowermate-sale-new-low-prices-on-the-v5-0s-mini-pro/

$85 for the Mini
$109 for the Mini Pro
$105 for the V5.0 Pro

Solo/Air comes in about $160 from the same source. All shipped to US addresses.

Thanks for the additional information, good perspective.

OF

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
@Stevenski do you have a flowermate or are you considering purchasing one for 4/20???
Not seen you here before...

I had a Pro but gifted it to my friend when I picked up my Air & it sat doing fuck all. Good series of vapes especially for a first vape I think & great value when it is 50% of the price for an Air or Solo :2c:.

I also like the fact that the WPA fits both 14/18mm connections & male or female + is unbreakable. If you combined that with a Ed's TNT mouthpiece or a silicone one you would have a pretty decent vape that can handle the rugged day to day expectations from their userbase.

As insurance against breaking the glass mouthpiece I made a 3" silicone whip & attached a EQ whip mouthpiece. That way the mouthpiece is shielded in silicone & will survive most small knocks & drops & an added bonus is it is significantly cooler vapour.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well now, that was very pleasant....bought out some lovely flavours from the hash that I haven't achieved with any other vape method, got 1 session on red before it was spent...

I got some different hashes to try tonight...I'm looking forward to it....

I have the Hashmate V5.0s....sorry, flowermate...

I love my new hash pod, but the dry herb pod can go fuck himself...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Wow, my kief filled pod and me are into our third session now and still making much vapour, my mouthpiece still has some spicy hash flavours in it too, they are combining with the kief to produce a lovely taste....

And effects.....seems to be very much in my head and eyes,

Man I love my pods right now....

Edit:- wooooooooo these pods come out fucking hot...... jesus, I have asbestos fingers and even I cannot open and empty a hot pod..
I like to clean while fresh, I find it harder once cool...

Last edited:

phried

Well now, that was very pleasant....bought out some lovely flavours from the hash that I haven't achieved with any other vape method, got 1 session on red before it was spent...

I got some different hashes to try tonight...I'm looking forward to it....

I have the Hashmate V5.0s....sorry, flowermate...

I love my new hash pod, but the dry herb pod can go fuck himself...
Hash pod - do they sell those separately? I got a couple grades of hash that would benefit from a unit with strong hash performance. The EQ and Crafty do well with loose hash, the screens easily get fouled up though, and I haven't gotten any organic cotton yet. How's the hash experience with the FM? I've been eyeing the Mini Pro as a backup for water use as its all metal WPA design will last, and you won't need to buy any elbows or attachments to utilize that function immediately.

Interesting to see how well it performs with hash using a water piece. And do conduction designs work better with hash than convection?

Still on the fence regarding this one. If only for the WPA I'd get a Mini Pro, but not happy with user reports of battery life and general reliability. It might not be the best on taste nor efficiency, but if it does a good job at milking with bongs I really might pick one up. And if hash performance is great I'd rather dirty this up than my Crafty lol.

Would also be cool bringing this along with my Crafty - I think its great as a power bank too! Does the port provide ~2A or is it only 1A output?

phried,
Reactions: kellya86

sokesleezy

Ooo didn't think of that....
A kief filled pod coming up, thanks @OF

I take it your kief was loose and not compressed(hash)? Also, did any of it fly out of the pod while you were inhaling? Ive been looking for a vaporizer to vape conventional hashish, sounds like all I need are the pods.

sokesleezy,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@phried it's just the concentrate pod that I'm using, not an purpose built hash pod....but it may as well be, works very well, it's nice to be able to vape hash well with no mess....

Haven't put it through the bubbler yet, I'm not that into wet vaping, but I'll give it ago later...

@sokesleezy I just filled the dry herb pod, loose, with kief....

It was an amazing vape session, didn't get any noticeable particles in my mouth...

OF

@sokesleezy I just filled the dry herb pod, loose, with kief....

Next time you might try packing it some, I think you'll like the results. This is a conduction vape, conduction means contact......the more contact the better?

Another tip is to clean the pod while still warm (especially important with bubble). While warm ABV sticks to itself better than the warm SS walls. You can do an excellent/easy cleaning with just a toothpick. Once it cools stuff sticks to the walls more and the lump of spent bubble (if that's what you're using) turns into a little rock.......

OF

Top Bottom