FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

colonelcumbusto

Reading thru the last 10+ pages, as a first time electronic vaper (coming from a vapcap) is the $$ for the Mini Pro worth it? I want something small, portable and stealthy. The Mini seems perfect, why the $$ for the pro?

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
Having read mostly through the whole thread and acquiring a Mini after seriously considering both the Mini and the Mini Pro, I can say that I'm more than merely happy with my standard Mini.

From what I've read, the main differences that seem to matter are the fact that the MPro has select-able temps, a battery meter and a somewhat smaller battery. For me (and many others here) the 3 temps available on the standard Mini are great for the most part and I've also read that the battery-meter on the MPro is less than accurate especially regarding the last half or third of battery life.

While it would seem that either is a sound intro into the genre, if you're not overly concerned about the temp settings and/or prefer economy and function to bells&whistles, the standard Mini should work out just fine for you. I (and many, many, many others) recommend you take a look at Randy over at PuffItUp for best prices and service/support, especially if you're in the western hemi.

Hope that helps...

Last edited:

colonelcumbusto

Having read mostly through the whole thread and acquiring a Mini after seriously considering both the Mini and the Mini Pro, I can say that I'm more than merely happy with my standard Mini.

From what I've read, the main differences that seem to matter are the fact that the MPro has select-able temps, a battery meter and a somewhat smaller battery. For me (and many others here) the 3 temps available on the standard Mini are great for the most part and I've also read that the battery-meter on the MPro is less than accurate especially regarding the last half or third of battery life.

While it would seem that either is a sound intro into the genre, if you're not overly concerned about the temp settings and/or prefer economy and function to bells&whistles, the standard Mini should work out just fine for you. I (and many, many, many others) recommend you take a look at Randy over at PuffItUp for best prices and service/support, especially if you're in the western hemi.

Hope that helps...

That is great, thank you Chance! I want the simplest, easiest to operate. Reading thru here, seems like starting on Low, then Mid then High during one session is the way to go with a standard Mini. Thanks!

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
No worries and yeah, cycling from Low > Med has worked great for me for most strains, I usually reserve the Highest setting (red) for certain specific strains and for use with a water-tool. Enjoy!!

Update on my Aura purchase:

After using it now for a week I'm finding it less functional in a number of ways from my 3 other Flowermates.

1st the mouthpiece gets quite hot and if I'm not careful I almost burn my lips.

2nd the vapor quantity is non-existent at any temp up to 385, but is still feels quite hot on my lips, throat and upper airway. The vapor path is short since the screen assembly in the mouthpiece sits right on top of the ceramic oven. I think that's why the device has small holes on the outside to help cool off the vapor by pulling a lot of cool outside air in.

3rd the battery indicator is useless. Last night it showed 2bars, half a charge, but it died after reaching full temp and I had taken only one 10 second draw. I think I got only about 7 or 8 five minute sessions on the first charge over the past week. So I plugged it into my iMac for 30 minutes and then took 5 ten second draws. The 0.12gm I had put into the ceramic oven looked pretty dark brown spent, so despite light vapor production (now at 400f) I got good extraction (also based on the high I experienced from the Strawberry OG, which was great.) overall a good price for a decent vape, but I like my V5Pro and Mini better.

Trev

Smiss confirmed they are putting an improved mouthpiece in the Aura now, I should hopefully receive one soon, so will keep you posted when I do. Their customer service is really excellent, I wish more companies cared about their customers that much.

If the new mouthpiece becomes available separately I'll give it a try. This thread has been pretty quiet lately. Have we exhausted the topic?

archangelz001,
Reactions: OF

capcoho

Re: Flowermate Aura. Decent vape at good price but the "isolated airpath" is not correct. Blew through the mouthpiece and vapor pours out of USB and buttons. Not particularly concerned but it also means bits of herb will fall into the unit.

Also I find a screen pushed down on top of the load helps like all Flowermates.

Definitely interested in the new mouthpiece as this one is kind of hoaky.

OF

If the new mouthpiece becomes available separately I'll give it a try. This thread has been pretty quiet lately. Have we exhausted the topic?

Since Randy now sells replacement MPs, I assume PIU will put them on their site as soon as they have stock.

Quiet can also mean no problems......or questions to be answered? Maybe we're all enjoying our FMs too much to post?

Definitely interested in the new mouthpiece as this one is kind of hoaky.

While I've not seen the new one, the guy at PIU said the new version doesn't stick as far into the oven and therefore runs cooler. I strongly suspect it'll look just like the current version, it has to retrofit all the existing Auras out there, they don't want to be replacing all those........

Sad to say, I bet the new one looks the same from the outside? FWIW now that I know what to look for in terms of fine cracks I can tell my current MP is about to check out as well. This is the third one (the original and two replacements). The metal part fell out of the first two once the cracks got to the boss in the cap that retains it:
Neefpt4.jpg

This one is probably several sessions away from that (based on past experience) but it's gonna fall out eventually I bet. I hope the new styles get here before that happens.......

OF

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
My Aura from FastTech arrived today and I'm pleased to say that it was verified as legit. Couldn't pass up the price ($43) but if I had to do it again, I'd go PIU for the service and support (proven yet again by the fast turnaround on my last order of a FM mini universal water-tool adapter and the subsequent lightning speed error-correction when it turned out they shipped the wrong one. These guys are ON IT! - shout out to Jake over there for taking great care of me!)

1st impressions so far are pretty dang good, The 1st thing I noticed was the relative lack of any draw resistance/restriction especially as compared to the Mini (and the Solo/Air as well) so for those that take issue with that (I don't, myself) this seems like a good, economical way to get that oft-sought after feel/feature.

Dropped in a screen, loaded her up and dialed it up to 385 to see what was what. Temp ramp up seemed rather quick compared to the others i mentioned and the FEEL of this thing is amazing! The rubberized plastic texture makes for an easy grip that would be nice on other such sized things that need to be held this way. Flashlights should feel like this! waited 15-20 secs after it hit temp and drew light and long and was rewarded with a nice deep hit and a nice lil cloud.

It threw me off when I saw the temp decreasing until I realized that 5 min had passed and all it took was a long press on the power button to have her headed back up again. Got 10 or so such draws and was able to manipulate thicker, richer hits (and subsequently fluffier clouds) by playing with draw speed and wait time between hits. Before I realized it, I was, once again, quite nicely toasted! Good show FM!

The battery gauge is, as others have mentioned, highly inaccurate, proven by the fact that after 5 5min sessions, it's hasn't dropped even 1 bar! That can't be right! But I aim to see how many sessions it DOES take to get it to drop so I'm off to pack another round and see how it goes...

Last edited:

OF

is the mini pro a better vape than the mini

"It depends". Doesn't it always?

If you're happy with the normal 3 presets on the Mini (and I think most are) then the longer battery life and lower price make the Mini a better call. If, OTOH, you want a different (or 'in between') temperature and are willing to pay more for it and sacrifice battery life, pay the big bucks?

Because the current 'battery meter' is basically useless (unit crashes 'with a lot of battery left') and the shorter charge life means I've gone back the the Mini, the Mini Pro is pulling backup duty.

You have to make the call based on your wants/needs. Asking an open ended question like the above isn't likely to get useful answers? Depending on those other factors, either answer is correct. Or wrong.

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
As @OF said!

IMHO the only reason to get the Mini Pro over the Mini is if you want to vape below 195°C/383°F. I know I do because my conduction vapes tend to spoil the terps too fast when I start them that high. But on the other hand, doing all this temp stepping just to preserve the taste leads to long session times and wispier hits... you can't have it all with conduction unfortunately.

On a daily basis I alternate between the FM5-Pro and the FM5-S usually (with the Mini Pro replacing the FM5-Pro depending on my mood) When I need a "quick fix" with satisfying vapor density I grab the 5-S, even if I know the taste will not last long. When I have more time and/or when vaping a really delicious strain with delicate terps, I go for the Pro and start between 170°C/338°F and 178°C/352°F. When you go this low you really need to sip softly and forget about visible vapor exhale (thankfully the Ascent was a good school for that haha!)

nukami

@OF
never used the mini but heard alot of good things about vapor production and battery life about it and i heard the battery life on the mini pro sucked. so thats why i asked if the mini pro was better . i knew the only thing that was a upgraded was the temp control but never used both. i have a fllowermate v5.0s the old one

nukami,
Reactions: OF
@OF
never used the mini but heard alot of good things about vapor production and battery life about it and i heard the battery life on the mini pro sucked. so thats why i asked if the mini pro was better . i knew the only thing that was a upgraded was the temp control but never used both. i have a fllowermate v5.0s the old one

Do you like concentrates? I got the mini pro just so I could bump the temp up 20F more than mini. I find I always need higher temps for concentrates and felt like the mini pro was better in that regard.

I've also messed with micro dosing this week with the pods and it's worked great. I start on 385 take a couple hits then turn it off take a couple more hits. When I'm done I slide out the pod to cool then next time crank it up 5-10 degrees got about 4 good sessions out of one pod.

capcoho

Just realized something. If the little cylinder with the screen on the bottom came in different lengths it would be awesome. The main, really the only problem, I have with all Flowermates is the load rises up even when squished into a puck. This is easier to do with the Aura as the airflow is increased. I'd like to see different sizes so when the mouthpiece is screwed in it keeps the load in place.

capcoho,

Meach

@capcoho screen trick works well or pick up a new mouthpiece from the guys at piu .I just got mine the improved screen and larger center hole are a big improvement over the older mps

Last edited:
Meach,
Aura update: I'm finding the best way (for me) to use the Aura is to just put medium ground herb, about .15gm, directly in the chamber (forget the herb pod in the Aura, it requires too hot of a temp) with a screen on the bottom and one on top of the load. Adjust the temp to around 370-375f, and enjoy great taste, warm but not too hot vapor that is slightly wispy, and get as elevated as I prefer with 5x10 second hits. I get 2 such sessions with each load and am just really happy. This is a great tool for what it does best. I've tried it with Wild Thai, Strawberry OG, Veganic Starberry, Jack Herer, Sour Mist, and GSC. Loved em all ;-)

Last edited:

Fat Bobby

Noobie
I ordered a V5.0s from vape mood, anyone dealt with them before? I did some research and I didnt see any bad stuff about them until after I bought it. I do have a tracking number for the shipment and it is making fast progress.

Fat Bobby,

Skyscraper

I'm thinking about getting an Aura or a V5.0S as they seem to have the best battery run time off the Flowermate line up

I'm looking for a $100 or less vaporizer that I can pocket and carry on the trail and other activities w/out many extra pieces..

Can any FC'ers speak about the longevity of Flowermates? I heard from Randy at PIU that Flowermates have one of the lowest rates of returns and warranty servicing. However, once the battery's life cycle comes to an end the vape is pretty much a brick.. I don't want to replace a vape in 6 months-1 year.

OF

I'm thinking about getting an Aura or a V5.0S as they seem to have the best battery run time off the Flowermate line up

If battery life is key to you, by all means pick V5 over Aura. Having two 18650s (at about 2500mAh each), Aura has only one of the same guys.......V5 therefore gets a LOT more sessions, like twice?

FWIW, the V5 Mini is basically 'on par' with Aura, having a single battery. Understand that V5 will not charge directly from USB ports like the other two (needing 9 Volts, not five), which can also be a factor.

Hard to make a really bad choice here I think, whatever suits you best suits you best.......

Good luck with it.

OF

Top Bottom