FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...all you have to do is wait. Light should turn green in less than a minute (mine is timing 38-43 seconds). Once it turns green you are good to draw. ... ...we aren't talking about an MFLB learning curve here. ...i can say with confidence is that this unit does not combust.

A confidence we can share now, thanks to this guy below.

... I ended up dismantling... ...a lot of tape... ...vapor path is right under the bottom of the ceramic oven. ...I am sure many others just wanted to see inside... ...the heater is connected by silicone tubing...

Thanks for the good stuff! All right, now lets see if i did a dencent job:

o8h3pz.jpg

Those 4 wires under the oven assembly sure appear to confirm that this unit does control temperature after all!! It wouldn't matter much what those materials are if the air/canabic paths are both contained and isolated properly, unless eventually potential emanations are allowed to enter the fresh-air inlet opening from outside, whatever...

Which brings this question of mine.
65.gif

Where is it???

:peace:

The air holes on the side are exactly that also cooling the oven down by allowing heat to easily exit. Here is the close up picture again of the oven, it does seem the oven can be removed. You can see above the red line in the picture the oven is clipped in place. I tried but did not want to break my unit so stopped messing with it. Also I wanted to show that right where I marked the red line on the oven pic is the air path entry.

The next picture this is the main controller with the power on/off/oven engage button so no doubt it controls the heating as well. There are a ton of wires in this thing so if Vape Dr. can really rip one apart down to nothing we might be able to see and know more.

Have to say I am enjoying this vape, I did a big pack and packed it down with the stir tool and it gave off some heavy clouds, nice and vaked now.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations VapeAir 2000,

...right where I marked the red line on the oven pic is the air path entry.

Thanks, i was hoping it had it's inlet entry contained, possibly withing a tube, in a similar fashion to the PuffIt perhaps:

Can you link your red arrow to my blue one below?

1zg6aeh.jpg

I gather that would be for storage but i'd much prefer my inlet air to come from around there if it will garantee that the air/cannabic path is completely sealed from that surrounding internal hardware, etc...

Hummm... It seems i must be shown this bottom more closely!
39.gif

Would there be enough space both for a glass tube and also some storage area still?

Last edited:
Yes that hole you are pointing to is where the mouthpiece goes, it does seem they could get some more room but at the cost of using less plastic. The way the vape works for getting its air is it starts by going through the "cooling holes" then right into the bottom of the oven where the air path starts.

Egzoset

Banned

...that hole you are pointing to is where the mouthpiece goes...

Well, that sure reveals how confused it got me as i was expecting to find the moutpiece on the opposite end!

Thank you anyway. :D

...it starts by going through the "cooling holes" then right into the bottom of the oven where the air path starts.

I see, so even user-modding simply won't make it possible to contain and separate the air/cannabic paths relatively to the air surrounding the hardware including electronics and batteries: all paths have been mixed together by design, which means that during a catastrophic failure the customer should expect the resulting fumes to reach the inlet entry of his cannabic vaporisation chamber, eventually. One might even call that tight coupling by proximity confinement...

I guess a fire detector will do, euh... Do you gather my reasons for asking?

Sorry to bother, i can appreciate that you cared to share this information.

It's more a storage area for the mouthpiece or even herb to go, it could be modified easily so that the air path can be changed. I guess you could make a hole and buy some tiny silicone tubing so it is drawing air from in the storage area and that would bypass the air going over the internals.

VapeAir 2000,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned

I guess you could make a hole and buy some tiny silicone tubing so it is drawing air from in the storage area and that would bypass the air going over the internals.

Hummm... More detailed photographs would certainly help about this.

39.gif

Although i may not sound enthousiastic there's still some imperfect solution to my problem:

29xditz.gif

Make it breath even more!!

Actually, i suggest this physical layout should be capable to provide plenty of ventilation for the electronics compartment without much coupling between the air masses at all. If it's true the FlowerMate VaporMax V causes its owners to cool down electronics via their cannabic bowl using their lungs then lets punch many more "Cold" holes to render the casing as permeable to fresh air as possible - in order to weaken this undesirable coupling...

Hoping all this synthetic material won't ruin it anyway.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I will admit I haven't quite read the WHOLE thread. VAS induced nausea has gotten the better of me. I just need to know if any of y'all tried this guy with unground herb...

cybrguy,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Quetzalcoatl,

There are some vapes that are incredibly easy to use like the Solo, Pax, etc. Pack, select temp, and go when it's ready.

Quite an appropriate and relevant point to raise: this most affordable product does offer thermostatic action, in any case!! Just like the Arizer Solo, Pax, etc...

That's an offer which we can expect to compete with entry-level alternatives, but properly contained/separated paths might have doubled its value, IMHO...

Although i may not sound enthousiastic there's still some imperfect solution to my problem:

29xditz.gif

Make it breath even more!!

@Egzoset When the aluminum case goes back on the air holes are right over the oven. You can actually see the yellow tape on the oven at all times when you look into the air holes on the Vapormax V.

@cybrguy "I just need to know if any of y'all tried this guy with unground herb"

Just tried and oven is small so it was a small piece that went in. It worked for a few draws and then quit hitting, I ended up opening and poking the herbs and they where still medium rare lol. You will need the stir tool or something to poke at your herbs in the oven since it will require attention. This vape seems to works best with a medium to light grind not a fine grind as there is a screen in the bottom that will let small bits out. But I guess you can still call it somewhat a success with whole bud as it ended up vaping the tiny bud but it required me to use the stir tool a few times to break the herb up as I vaped.

Egzoset

Banned

When the aluminum case goes back on the air holes are right over the oven. You can actually see the yellow tape on the oven at all times when you look into the air holes on the Vapormax V.

Exactly, thanks for the confirmation. Well, practically all air would pass right through the compartment cavity where the inlet openings are located, below the oven assembly... Correct?

Isn't that particular layout promoting tight coupling of ALL air masses via proximity reinforced by containment??? Centered around the inlet path exactly...

Egzoset,

Adobewan

There is a ceramic screen at the bottom of the mouthpiece that seems useless and makes draws more restrictive.
I left the ceramic screen out of the MP because there's a screen on the metal piece the MP attaches to....
@Vape Dr. Thanks to your informative posts I ordered two Flowermates and received them today. I'm wondering if the MF hasn't been reading your posts because there doesn't seem to be a ceramic screen in my mouthpiece. There seem to be two metal ones, but no ceramic.
There's always the chance I'm being an idiot though, so could you describe the ceramic screen and how you removed it?
TIA

Vape Dr.

@Vape Dr. Thanks to your informative posts I ordered two Flowermates and received them today. I'm wondering if the MF hasn't been reading your posts because there doesn't seem to be a ceramic screen in my mouthpiece. There seem to be two metal ones, but no ceramic.
There's always the chance I'm being an idiot though, so could you describe the ceramic screen and how you removed it?
TIA
Lol, that wouldn't surprise me if they're watching reviews, that's probably why the price jumped so fast. When I popped off the MP there was a small white ceramic screen shaped like a spool of thread cut in half pushed inside the MP. There is a metal screen at the tip of the MP and a metal screen at the bottom of the chamber. If there's a way to put pics from my phone on FC I could show you. It was purely restrictive anyway if yours doesn't have one. You would have taken it out. I haven't found anything else it would be useful for as of yet.

@paytonpenn I used this seller for both orders
http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-dry-herb-vaporizers-vapormax-v-flowermate/185455108.html

Vape Dr.,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Did it not give you any share options, I normally use imgur via my phones browser. Never used the app, but I doubt it would be too difficult. iPhone or Android?

paytonpenn,

Vape Dr.

Did it not give you any share options, I normally use imgur via my phones browser. Never used the app, but I doubt it would be too difficult. iPhone or Android?
android, I'm tryin.
won't let me attach clipboards
share is twitter and all that stuff.

Last edited:
Vape Dr.,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is there a share icon in the upper right corner?

EDIT:
That brings more options but it seems a bit useless. I did notice that copying the image itself my Galaxy S2 copies the URL when I try pasting in a text field. Maybe just copying the image is enough if you are copying it from an actual browser. But you could just give us the URL of the page if you used the browser to upload.

Last edited:
paytonpenn,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
EDITED the post above. Pressing and holding in a text field doesn't give you paste options?

paytonpenn,

Vape Dr.

nope, i tried everything. the only way for me to take a picture and post it is to plug my phone in the computer, download the image into photo bucket. then copy & paste the URL.
Too bad,I have so many great pics on my phone I want to share but that's too much work for me.
FC should have an app like grasscity. Its much more phone user friendly. and pictures are easy as can be to post.
sorry guys.

Vape Dr.,
Top Bottom