FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

Killa $moke Ninja

After using my v5.0 s for almost a month I've figured out a couple tricks to improve the airflow and get the most out of my herb.I realized that the screen in the mouthpiece is gets clogged up way too easy because the holes are too small so I cut a regular stainless steel pipe screen to fit instead .Then after using it like that for a couple loads, I realized that since the airflow was increased it made it alot easier for the herb to get sucked up to the top of the chamber. As we know it needs to stay down in the bottom to produce vapor, so I tried to use the herb capsule, but it didn't really work very well wether it was packed tight or loosely . I'm guessing because being in the capsule decreases airflow because it has the same kind of screen on the bottom that is in the mouthpiece, plus it it takes longer to heat properly since the herb isn't touching the chamber.I was kinda disappointed because it would have been nice to have a preloaded capsule ready to go but they weren't engineered well enough to work so I don't use it. I also cut another pipe screen to fit inside the chamber to raise the herb up a little to avoid blocking the airholes in the bottom. I realized that since the airflow was increased it made it alot easier for the herb to get sucked up to the top of the chamber. As we know it needs to stay down in the bottom to produce vapor, so I put one of the extra chamber screens on top of the herb. I also used the lid for the herb capsule to put on top of that to weigh the load down in the bottom. This works great especially with small amounts because even if you only partially fill the chamber the load stays in the bottom.

Killa $moke Ninja,
Reactions: yogoshio

MedicatedPensioner

Reading all this stuff about holding the herb down is disappointing. I hoped this vape would work out of the box. Same difficulties I had with the Ascent. As soon as I got things worked out with the ascent the electronics went south. Seems like this device needs a spacer to hold down small loads like they offer with the ascent.

MedicatedPensioner,

Killa $moke Ninja

Reading all this stuff about holding the herb down is disappointing. I hoped this vape would work out of the box. Same difficulties I had with the Ascent. As soon as I got things worked out with the ascent the electronics went south. Seems like this device needs a spacer to hold down small loads like they offer with the ascent.
I wonder if the spacer you mentioned would work in the fm? Is the chamber the same size maybe? I'm always losing my lid to my herb canister and maybe the spacer is a little heavier and have better airflow.

Killa $moke Ninja,

CBD Seeker

Thanks, OF. The smell/taste in my vape and mouthpiece is so incredibly strong and bad smelling that I can't believe that this is okay. It literally made my throat irritated by taking a small inhalation with my mouth around the mouthpiece (not attached to vape). I did burn-offs for over 1 charge, almost 2, and it didn't decrease the smell at all. So bizarre. Well, I bought a bottle of CBD syrup, so I'll just drink that I guess, and if it helps then I may just buy the Firefly2 and quit using these cheap vapes. This vape experience really put a bad taste in my mouth (pun not intended). I hope I can return it for a refund.

CBD Seeker,

MedicatedPensioner

I wonder if the spacer you mentioned would work in the fm? Is the chamber the same size maybe? I'm always losing my lid to my herb canister and maybe the spacer is a little heavier and have better airflow.
Unfortunately the Ascent spacers won't fit. The combustion chamber is a wider oval.

MedicatedPensioner,

MedicatedPensioner

So bizarre. Well, I bought a bottle of CBD syrup, so I'll just drink that I guess, and if it helps then I may just buy the Firefly2 and quit using these cheap vapes. This vape experience really put a bad taste in my mouth (pun not intended). I hope I can return it for a refund.
no idea what is causing your allergic reaction but don't give up quickly on vaporizers. Once you get the hang of them they are orders of magnitude better than smoking. Just a bit tricky getting started.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
I apologize if this has been mentioned earlier, but fun little life hack with the V5.0s (and I assume the other standard sized Flowermates as well?):

A standard Bic style pen (cheapo, pull off cap top skinny style) is pretty much just perfect to use as a tamper.

I like to use this for the first tamp because I've noticed the included one gets some herb stuck to the sides when its really loose in there.

flipjoe

Reading all this stuff about holding the herb down is disappointing. I hoped this vape would work out of the box.
I have the standard FM mini and use it when i go to parties. Never had a problem with small loads. For me this vape works out of the box without any mods. Off course this us just my opinion. Could be different for you.

MedicatedPensioner

I have the standard FM mini and use it when i go to parties. Never had a problem with small loads. For me this vape works out of the box without any mods. Off course this us just my opinion. Could be different for you.
Actually, after a little practice I am concluding the same. Just tamp the load down a bit and sip the mouthpiece and it works fine. Reading about cotton balls and herb flying around made me assume I would have a problem that hasn't materialized.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
My fm is my work and emergency vape, has been for 6 months. It doesn't get used much, but is always loaded and ready to go....

It's not modded and I have no problems with it. Just a tightish puck and a delicate draw, and I can pull very satisfying clouds...

And no need for any mods to hold herb down...

It's a funny relationship I have with my fm, I don't really care about it, it only cost 37 quid, and for that reason, I love it...

Im a bit ocd, it's nice to have a vape I don't obsess about...

And if it broke, id order another without thinking....

How I use Optimus (my V5.0s :borg:) and get GREAT results:

Also, I use a wooden Ed's TNT mouthpiece (glass shattered at a concert :mad:) but I found the flavor from the dark wood enhanced the experience personally.

First post, great blog! Love my Flowermate mini. I've also got a Summit Vapium but the Mini is my favourite vape

+1 on the Ed's TNT mouthpiece for the Mini, way better than the glass mouthpiece, and free shipping to Australia from the US!

hillbill

Like my flowermates more all the time. Don't know what more I would want in this size package. Very effective but I don't think the temps are consistent one unit to the next as I have a 5.0s and a mini and they are at least one setting (blue,purple,red) apart judging from ABV. In any case, the ABV is very consistent in appearance with no burned edges or still green herb. Power on both is great. Hard to dent a charge in normal use. I haven't run either down yet in one day. Mine are 9 months old and function exactly as out of the box.

These and my Underdog with the buck/boost set in high 12's are getting most of my attention right now. Various genies still get used but not as much. I do like hard hitters but still use a mflb when certain kinds of stealthiness are needed. Still smoke a joint on race day with old friend. Maybe 2% combustion.

I'm not an absolute purest in anything.

It's frickin' Race Day!

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Killa $moke Ninja

Someone mentioned the pyrex mouthpiece almost fitting in a 14 mm downstem, so I tried it with my bong and it worked, but not very good because it isn't quite air tight. But I got much better results when I pulled out the glass part of the mouthpiece and connected a 10 mm male adapter. It works so much better now! I'm able to fill up my bong instantly with thick vapor even on blue mode! It made me love my flowermate even more because now I can get huge rips like I would from my old box whip vape.

Killa $moke Ninja

I accidentally dropped my v5 off my desk on a tile floor and now I can hear something loose rattling inside and it doesn't seem to be heating very well anymore. Has anyone else had this problem? I was going to take it apart but, I thought it would be wiser to get some info from someone who has been there before I do.

Killa $moke Ninja,
Reactions: OF

OF

I accidentally dropped my v5 off my desk on a tile floor and now I can hear something loose rattling inside and it doesn't seem to be heating very well anymore.

Bummer, loose bits and not heating 'right' is not likely to get better on it's own.

I would not, however, open it up if the warranty is still active (opening it will probably end that......). Otherwise, an accidental drop like described doesn't rise to 'abuse', they should honor the warranty. Two places I've worked for have had their lawyers so advise.

With any luck at all you bought it from Randy in the last year?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Killa $moke Ninja

Bummer, loose bits and not heating 'right' is not likely to get better on it's own.

I would not, however, open it up if the warranty is still active (opening it will probably end that......). Otherwise, an accidental drop like described doesn't rise to 'abuse', they should honor the warranty. Two places I've worked for have had their lawyers so advise.

With any luck at all you bought it from Randy in the last year?

Best wishes.

OF
I bought it from planet of the vapes a couple months ago. I didn't really think about the warranty since I dropped it I didn't think they would replace it. But it would be great if they do.

Killa $moke Ninja,
Reactions: OF

OF

I bought it from planet of the vapes a couple months ago. I didn't really think about the warranty since I dropped it I didn't think they would replace it. But it would be great if they do.

Accidental drops are part of normal use. If you drop it off a pier somewhere or the roof of a building that's a different story, of course, but a household drop that doesn't damage the case points right to poor shock protection I think. Tamper with it, or abuse it, and you own it, but IMO they'll honor the warranty. I don't know that vendor (but do know PV), but I'd be extremely surprised if Randy (at PIU) didn't have one in the mail toot sweet.

Good luck with it.

OF

Trev

So last night I dropped then managed to step on my mini and it's totally broken, what an idiot. Luckily I still have a really old mini and 2 auras but I'd like to get a new one . Has anyone used or got the new V5x or x mini? If so what's the verdict? What's the diffused air jets all about??

Also where are people in the UK buying flowermate these days? I want to make sure I get the latest version of anything.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So last night I dropped then managed to step on my mini and it's totally broken, what an idiot. Luckily I still have a really old mini and 2 auras but I'd like to get a new one . Has anyone used or got the new V5x or x mini? If so what's the verdict? What's the diffused air jets all about??

Also where are people in the UK buying flowermate these days? I want to make sure I get the latest version of anything.

Hi @Trev nice to see more UK members...

I buy from vapefiend or nemastavapes, I got mine on black Friday for 37 quid....

I'm waiting for black Friday again, then I'm gonna buy 5.....

Killa $moke Ninja

So planet of the vapes didn't want to honor my warranty because I dropped it, so I took it apart but I didn't see anything broken so I put it back together and tried it again. It still doesn't seem to be working like it did before. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a solo asap.

Last edited:

Killa $moke Ninja

So I guess it isn't broken after all
Because I cleaned the chamber out cut three stainless steel sreeens to fit in the chamber(two for the bottom and one to put on top of the herb) and also cut one to replace the original screen in the mouthpiece, loaded it up and went straight to red mode with a full chamber and fell in love with my flowermate all over again. I think I just got used to the clouds from my vg glass bat, so when I went back to my fm blue and even purple mode just weren't strong enough for me anymore but when I go straight to red it's perfect. I think it's a psychological connection that all stoners have which makes us feel like we get higher when we blow out huge clouds but Vape newbies don't realize that they are still getting all the best terepenes which and the best flavor during the first few hits so they blow it out right away and get disappointed because they aren't seeing much vapor instead of holding it so the herb can do it's job. But I will say that I tried a single temp flowermate before I had the v5, so I can say for most people like me who come from smoking a lot of blunts the single temp fm isn't gonna cut it for you either get the v5 and go straight to red if u want clouds. Flavor does last longer on purple and blue modes but the clouds just weren't satisfying unless I go straight to red.

If you like bigger clouds then higher temps are required. Just remember that cannabinoids and terpenes will vaporize more quickly at higher temps. It's just like cooking something in the oven at 350 vs 420. AND you don't need as many hits at higher temps because you are getting quicker extraction. I typically need 5-6 ten second hits at 370 to get to the space I like, but at 420 it only takes 3-4 to absorb as much.

The other day I accidentally cracked my mouthpiece while trying to clean it. I already ordered a replacement, but I know there are other alternatives to the glass piece that people seem to like better. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally I'd like one that still fits in the bottom slot, but maybe doesn't clog as easily or is easier to clean. Thanks!

DoctorMambo,

Killa $moke Ninja

The other day I accidentally cracked my mouthpiece while trying to clean it. I already ordered a replacement, but I know there are other alternatives to the glass piece that people seem to like better. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally I'd like one that still fits in the bottom slot, but maybe doesn't clog as easily or is easier to clean. Thanks!
I use a 10mm male to female adapter to connect to my bong but if u just want a regular mouthpiece u can use a male to male 10 mm it fits ok but just not as tight as the original glass piece for now

Top Bottom