FlowerMate Vapormax V/V5.0/V5.0S/V5 Pro

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'
Argh! Read the whole thread which convinced me to buy one and it's gone from $65 all in to $135. Seems a little short sighted of them to me - I think whilst it is a good vaporizer one of its biggest selling points was being half the price of a solo. They could have been the vaporizer everyone owned at one point but now it's just another vape. Grumble grumble :disgust:

Seriously. This makes me much less likely to pick one up. They should have stayed smart and figured they could sell many many more of them all over the world for a lower price instead of trying to target a smaller audience at a higher price. It just seems transparently greedy on their part to continue to raise the price as people catch on. They are catching on partly cuz of the low price, duh! Soon they will have more competition anyway, with Grasshopper coming out, and that is a better-engineered device, with a price point close by (but who knows at what point the pricejacking will stop), and manufactured in the US out of safe materials. I think I will hold off to get a device that I know is safe -- electronics separated from vapor path (theirs is not completely separate, which would be a huge concern if the battery leaked or exploded, because you'd suck some of that up), plus the heating chamber should not be aluminum or some other alloy that could leach heavy metals into the vapor, hello Mister Alzheimer?

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
Looking for honest comparisons between vapormax and arizer solo from those who have used both.

Only vapes i.have used are vapormax and mflb...still trying to decide whether i shpild still add a so to my rotation or whether i should sell my vapormax or mflb and get one.

Which do you prefer and is it redindnat having both the solo and vapormax... if you own both is one collecting more dust over the other
This is in no way a scientific comparison of the Vapormax vs the Solo . I'm not going to compare the insides of either one-the jury is still out on the Vapormax.

The Vapormax is a simple one step vaporizer. You put herb in , push a button and in about 30 seconds you have vapor. It does not produce thick clouds (if that's what you're looking for) it does produce good visible vapor, gets you medicated and the ABV is very even in a dark brown color.

The Solo does the same thing , but it has an all glass vapor path, you have settings that are adjustable and you can produce bigger clouds.

Both are user friendly and work.

For me it's not redundant to have both, but if i could only have one, i'd go with the Solo.

I have a neighbor who smokes ALL DAY LONG. I've tried to convert her for the last few years. She's tried the Volcano, Pax, Solo, Lotus, Hammer ,MFLB etc. She actually like the Vapormax and is going to buy one. She liked how simple it was, but i think the price was the biggest selling point for her ;).

I ordered 3 more Vapormax's at the good price. I'm going to take them on vacation to Amsterdam etc. I can use my own vape in coffeeshops and hotel etc. I won't care about just leaving it there and won't worry about the TSA and Customs :D

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Caliwisp,

...they could sell many many more of them all over the world for a lower price instead of trying to target a smaller audience at a higher price.

Who knows, perhaps they've learned more from our educated feedback than we can even suspect!! For example, to me this project is just another reminescence of the Vapir NO2 - though Vapir obviously cared about separating their various air masses inside the later: i mean notice carefully the tight-fit grooves where wires pass through a plastic wall.

Yet, although that should take care of eventual aerial contaminants from electronics hardware i'd personally prefer having even less synthetics around my heat source!

65.gif

I think I will hold off to get a device that I know is safe -- electronics separated from vapor path (theirs is not completely separate, which would be a huge concern if the battery leaked or exploded, because you'd suck some of that up)...

We appear to share each others opinions exactly in that matter! Then you'll certainly wonder with me: why can't THIS unit provide as much as well?...

106.gif

It just seems transparently greedy on their part to continue to raise the price as people catch on.

Perhaps version 2 is on its way already and then i figure it would be better to sell the present inventory balance of a short-lived article while the profitable money entries lasts, to finance a cleaner revised version destined to replace the obsolete design at an adjusted cost i would imagine.

But yeah, it does look greedy as hell right now, so one has got to wonder how these good people really care for my well-being and yours!

aHummm...

...plus the heating chamber should not be aluminum or some other alloy that could leach heavy metals into the vapor, hello Mister Alzheimer?

There's aluminium which i've included into the core of my modded pipe, if i catch Alzheimer then i'll try to remind myself that i should keep the community informed...

:peace:

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I got mine off eBay before the price madness started, but just got this from my seller:

EBAYISBANNINGSALES_zps92a84a02.jpg

Anybody else hear about this?

~

Sinclue,

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I got mine off eBay before the price madness started, but just got this from my seller:

~
I got the same notice from my Ebay seller. I paid more initially because i wanted to see if this was something that would be a good throw way vape for vacations. Then i went the China route ;)

VaporsVaporizer,

Vape Dr.

All true, but I was in a crowd situation and you can't wrap your hands around the air intake hole to block the light.
Not a deal breaker by any means and if I'd moved a bit I could have stood near some of the idiots who insist on holding up their cell phones to record or text. Plenty of distracting light there.

~
@Sinclue, at first i was quite annoyed with the light, now I rather like it. its very easy to check how dark your herb is (5 clicks shuts light off, not a big deal)

@fuckvapor911, which seller do you work for? I find out a little too random that
after the price raises you join FC and tell everyone to go buy it as its price is at a premium now.
may I ask where you were a month ago when this little vape was affordable? I didn't see you pushing them at competitive prices? Do you even own one?
That would be unscrupulous of you if you were a manufacturer trolling the forums to gather info on a product just to raise the price on the loyal people recommending it.

I recommended this vape highly when It was $60. it's a very good budget vape, but if it's $100, I say look elsewhere and don't put any more money into the manufacturers pocket.
Can any one tell me when they saw a new vape come out and and double in price in a month?

We are supposed to be able to freely give our reviews and thoughts, help one another out on these forums. we are not here to jack up prices in any means!

I think there's a traitor in our forums using us to review their product for them. I don't see any other logical explanation and it stinks.

I will be doing a review of the Indica this week. probably around the same time vapormax reaches the same price as the Indica.

vapormax, your tactics may have worked well for you. I will no longer be recommending this vaporizer. it was perfect for the entry level vaporist. now it's just another over priced vaporizer.

caliwisp

Cali Dreamin'
Salutations Caliwisp,

Who knows, perhaps they've learned more from our educated feedback than we can even suspect!! For example, to me this project is just another reminescence of the Vapir NO2 - though Vapir obviously cared about separating their various air masses inside the later: i mean notice carefully the tight-fit grooves where wires pass through a plastic wall.

Yet, although that should take care of eventual aerial contaminants from electronics hardware i'd personally prefer having even less synthetics around my heat source!

65.gif

We appear to share each others opinions exactly in that matter! Then you'll certainly wonder with me: why can't THIS unit provide as much as well?...

106.gif

Perhaps version 2 is on its way already and then i figure it would be better to sell the present inventory balance of a short-lived article while the profitable money entries lasts, to finance a cleaner revised version destined to replace the obsolete design at an adjusted cost i would imagine.

But yeah, it does look greedy as hell right now, so one has got to wonder how these good people really care for my well-being and yours!

aHummm...

There's aluminium which i've included into the core of my modded pipe, if i catch Alzheimer then i'll try to remind myself that i should keep the community informed...

@Egzoset I think you have it figured out . . . inventory sell-off; and I hadn't thought of the version 2 idea . . . that would be good news for everyone if they were able to learn from the critiques here and cared about making a healthy and accessible model at a reasonable price. They'd be sitting on a gold mine. We can hope, right? Also interesting piece to the puzzle: last messages about eBay beginning to ban such devices? What? This seems odd. Again, we shall see . . .

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart

~

That is rather troubling on the broader scale. There has been much speculation about the lack of regulation on MMJ products. Can you imagine if EVERY vape on the market had to cease US sales until they acquired FDA approval? The black market would go crazy.

Could such a thing really happen? :tinfoil:

Mister G,
Reactions: grokit

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Sinclue, at first i was quite annoyed with the light, now I rather like it. its very easy to check how dark your herb is (5 clicks shuts light off, not a big deal)

@fuckvapor911, which seller do you work for? I find out a little too random that
after the price raises you join FC and tell everyone to go buy it as its price is at a premium now.
may I ask where you were a month ago when this little vape was affordable? I didn't see you pushing them at competitive prices? Do you even own one?
That would be unscrupulous of you if you were a manufacturer trolling the forums to gather info on a product just to raise the price on the loyal people recommending it.

I recommended this vape highly when It was $60. it's a very good budget vape, but if it's $100, I say look elsewhere and don't put any more money into the manufacturers pocket.
Can any one tell me when they saw a new vape come out and and double in price in a month?

We are supposed to be able to freely give our reviews and thoughts, help one another out on these forums. we are not here to jack up prices in any means!

I think there's a traitor in our forums using us to review their product for them. I don't see any other logical explanation and it stinks.

I will be doing a review of the Indica this week. probably around the same time vapormax reaches the same price as the Indica.

vapormax, your tactics may have worked well for you. I will no longer be recommending this vaporizer. it was perfect for the entry level vaporist. now it's just another over priced vaporizer.

Absolutely agree @Vape Dr. , I created this thread so we could fine out if the Chinese had finally developed a cheapo simple vape for the ignorant masses that actually worked, and then when the results are positive they find us and use that info to raise their prices? Very shady business practices, ironically damaging all of the good will we just earned them here.

I thank you again for being the first of us to take the risk, but yeah if its over 100, I think I'm with @caliwisp on just waiting for the Grasshopper, which really could be the new king if it delivers (hopefully it maintains its low price for the preorders, bc I missed the indiegogo and am still kicking myself for it), so I think I may just be ordering two of those instead of getting my brother a flowermate for the same price or more...

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
I think they are going to lose a LOT of business :lol: This vape isn't worth more than $80 tops. If i had to pay what they are charging now, i wouldn't. For that kind of $ there are much better vapes out there. VERY bad business move IMHO. :mental:

Vape Dr.

Absolutely agree @Vape Dr. , I created this thread so we could fine out if the Chinese had finally developed a cheapo simple vape for the ignorant masses that actually worked, and then when the results are positive they find us and use that info to raise their prices? Very shady business practices, ironically damaging all of the good will we just earned them here.

I thank you again for being the first of us to take the risk, but yeah if its over 100, I think I'm with @caliwisp on just waiting for the Grasshopper, which really could be the new king if it delivers (hopefully it maintains its low price for the preorders, bc I missed the indiegogo and am still kicking myself for it), so I think I may just be ordering two of those instead of getting my brother a flowermate for the same price or more...

@Shit Snacks It's unfortunate, but true. I thank you for your diligence in finding this vape. Please keep us informed of any new vapes you come across. I would be happy to review them if they look promising. Hopefully we'll see more new good vapes coming from the USA and Canada where the true enthusiasts are (apparently).

Ebay can not ban sellers from selling vaporizers.
This sounds like another tactic to get high dollar prices for the vapormax. Vaporizers vape tobacco too.
If I am wrong, and my statement is untrue, where is the manufacturer to stand up for himself, or give us the lowdown on the price increase.I would really like to know. Vapeworld, PlanetVape, W9tech, and others all offer 20% discounts. They don't drive up the price when something is a big hit!!!

Flowermate, please chime in at anytime and defend yourself if your doing nothing wrong!

Vape Dr.,

gibson

I feel like I witnessed the rise and fall of a company in one thread!
Still, if they read the posts leading them to raise the prices maybe they've read these posts with users saying they'll no longer recommend it and the prices will drop again - we can only hope.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Is it not a ceramic oven, I know it's a ceramic heating chamber. What kind of screen in there, can you guys finger the walls when it's on.

Makes me think of what would happen if I put herb in my versa's heater. That just sounds too accurate for how it works from my perspective. I'll be using mine in June but maybe my girlfriend can confirm my thoughts in a few days when she gets it.

paytonpenn,

Adobewan

Agreed the price hike is unfortunate, but I'm surprised some users seem to feel it's not worth more than the initial $70.
Have we found out anything negative about the internals yet?

It's stealthy/pocket friendly, easy/fun to use, easy to keep clean, great cloud production, and even extraction. Other than any information that hasn't been revealed yet, this vape certainly seems worth more than the initial $70($50 + shipping)IMO. Isn't that what the initial excitement was about, it's performance was above it's price?

Maybe I missed something here on the thread, if so, I'd be grateful for an update.
TIA

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Too bad this is going this way. I'm not sure "we/FC" have the power being ascribed to us. Seems more likely they noticed a sharp rise in sales and decided to take advantage.

That being said I like it generally. I'd like to see the interior light go away, or at least off when the oven is off. Forget and leave it on overnight and you no longer have an all day portable because of that light's power drain. And I'd like to see the temp pushed up just a bit...maybe 5º-10º. Right now its about equivalent to a 3 on my old Solos. And I usually run them at 4 these days.

But as it is, and at the rising prices, I'd say look elsewhere. To me Solo is still king of the portables, but I'm liking the Firewood more and more (as I prefer a lighter more flavorful vapor). Especially the tactile feel of wood...and made in the USA.

~

Vape Dr.

Agreed the price hike is unfortunate, but I'm surprised some users seem to feel it's not worth more than the initial $70.
Have we found out anything negative about the internals yet?

It's stealthy/pocket friendly, easy/fun to use, easy to keep clean, great cloud production, and even extraction. Other than any information that hasn't been revealed yet, this vape certainly seems worth more than the initial $70($50 + shipping)IMO. Isn't that what the initial excitement was about, it's performance was above it's price?

Maybe I missed something here on the thread, if so, I'd be grateful for an update.
TIA
@Adobewan I agree its still worth $75 shipped, but $100 plus now? I have never seen a vaporizer double in price in a month, for no known reason. I do feel this is the perfect forum for manufacturers to troll and see what us purist truly feel about their product.
@gibson I agree, talk about bad business. Hopefully your right. When they see we wont fall prey to their marketing scheme, maybe the price will drop. I truly hope it will.

@rayvapor you said you were affiliated with the maker smiss, you came and went so fast!
Do you have any knowledge of the reason behind the price increase? Please help us understand the reasoning behind the price increase if you could.

This is my opinion of course, do what you will.
It was nice to have a great entry level vaporizer for $60-$70,... if only for a few weeks...:mad:

Last edited:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...any information that hasn't been revealed yet... Maybe I missed something here on the thread, if so, I'd be grateful for an update.

M'yeah, i certainly concur to this: please, show us something worth a good discussion!

More pictures might serve as an entertaining interlude, before an angry crowd starts to think it's time to setup the guillotine!!

Euh...

:D

...properly contained/separated paths might have doubled its value, IMHO...

I do feel this is the perfect forum for manufacturers to troll and see what us purist truly feel about their product.

As the quote shows it's not impossible my suggestion inspired an alternate option: double the price tag, forget path upgrades.

112.gif

Hummm...

Now that the price started raising maybe it's time to generate more vaporist feedback...
45.gif

When they see we wont fall prey...

As far as i'm concerned they already know i won't bite and fall for it. Plus, it's no secret what i expect of this product: i described it the best i could - not to mention i myself might happen to be twice as less accomodating in future contacts, eventually, considering some apparent lack of reaction over the augmented ventilation topic, as if "no" couldn't have been an answer with me as the interlocutor!...

106.gif

Too bad, my appologies if i do inspire terror! Well, forum terror that is anyway...
71.gif

Really, if it's "no" then no big deal. So when they'll finally ask if i'm buying then i'll just need to say "no", which is better than a void in any case.

Last edited:

Meghan

I had considered picking up this vape despite not being knowledgable or entirely comfortable about the construction and materials, simply because it seemed like a really good value at $70. Now that it's over $100, I'm not interested anymore. As soon as the price of the Vapormax approached the price of a Solo, it no longer made any sense to me, personally.

However, I think the reaction to the Vapormax, here and obviously elsewhere, is a perfect illustration of how eager the market is for decent, battery-powered portable vapes under $100. Any company that manages to specifically develop a high-performing vape in the $70 price range will have a hit on their hands, I'm sure.

As someone who owns and has been using the Vapormax I also think these price rises are pushing it out of its niche. If you are buying this in a shop in the USA I could justify a price tag of $100 but it would be hard to pay more than say $130 imo. However, I would not pay that much. Someone asked earlier about comparing this to a Solo. There is no comparision. The Solo destroys it 365 days of the year. Having said that I like it for what it is. At $60 I view it as fun and mostly disposable. It is the perfect vape to take on vacation and leave behind. However, there is only one heat setting and it only produces medium clouds. It is not in the same class as a Solo but it remains an excellent budget vape if the price remains so.

Also I think it should be pointed out that some of the so called FC experts complaining about the "unsafe" vapor path do not own a Vapormax, have not seen a Vapormax, have not tried a Vapormax and could consider reserving their judgments until they do so. The "vapor path" is fine. Certainly it will do less harm to you than the years of combusting most of us have experienced in the past.

Last edited:

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
I am sorry but if this goes into the 100+ dollar range it will not do well, why bother when you can get a more trusted vape for that price? Firewood, Solo, Iolite, Da Vinci, Grasshopper(Soon), etc....

HillaryClinton,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Mr. Gweilo 420,

Also I think it should be pointed out that some of the so called FC experts complaining about the "unsafe" vapor path do not own a Vapormax, have not seen a Vapormax, have not tried a Vapormax and could consider reserving their judgments until they do so. The "vapor path" is fine.

Perhaps you could push this 1 level further and point a finger at member names. This argument is flawed unless one can be expected to buy everything that comes out, in fact i believe in some minds it may seem more convenient to push people around but i don't see it selling more, no way. I'm still out, convince me that i should decide otherwise with evidence i can appreciate, because right now i still have some hopes that there are better scenarios after all.

But intimidation may not help this case. I think not. This is called "kill the messenger", not really new as a communication strategy. Good luck with that!

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Salutations Mr. Gweilo 420,

Perhaps you could push this 1 level further and point a finger at member names. This argument is flawed unless one can be expected to buy everything that comes out, in fact i believe in some minds it may seem more convenient to push people around but i don't see it selling more, no way. I'm still out, convince me that i should decide otherwise with evidence i can appreciate, because right now i still have some hopes that there are better scenarios after all.

But intimidation may not help this case. I think not. This is called "kill the messenger", not really new as a communication strategy. Good luck with that!

I never tried crack but......maybe I should reserve my judgement on its safety forever, I mean that twitching itchy guy around the corner seems to think its great, maybe its safe.

But yeah I agree just because we don't try it we cant say it looks or seems unsafe?

BRB gotta go play in traffic.

Top Bottom