1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Flames, Induction or..? What's your most loved VC heater?

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by ander, May 2, 2018.

?

Flames, Induction or..?

1. The old school pyromaniac: "In flames anywhere and anytime!"

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. The tech addict: "Induction wherever I can!"

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. The pratical: "IH at home, pocket flames away"

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  4. The fanciful: "I use another method..!"

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Notorious

While the induction heater fascinates me, I have found the lighter causes not even a bat of an eyelash from people no matter where I use it, as long as I use it where people are allowed to smoke.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    GreenHopper, ander and beyond6strings like this.
  2. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Cuz it's how you act while you're doing something, not because of something you're doing. Act chill people be chill.

ander and Diggy Smalls like this.
  3. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Yeah no fear. The poll will give a In-Topic result anyway. ;)

Go pyromaniacs, go! :rockon:

GreenHopper and Dynavaper like this.
  4. Egzoset

Egzoset Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Ander,

Here's the part which obviously misled me:

M'well, as stated this just reminded me about having to spend ~7 years and a couple thousand dollars on a last-chance scenario despite adversity and zero support since 2010, at some point even dealing with new related allergy-like symptoms while my next last option was to just return to the abstainance box forever.

Granted there were some funny moments to witness in parallel, for example when manufacturers started to give IH technology some hurting reputation, but that wasn't the type of humour you seem to seek neither i believe... Well done finding the antiquated video anyway.

Under the circumstances i must admit i appreciated the warlike flame-thrower most specially. :clap:

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

ander likes this.
  5. ander

ander Well-Known Member

My "why" round. I love technology and I think the IH is awesome. This magic fascinates me, but didn't conquer me. I've been an heavy, passionate smoker and a real (well, not fraudulent!) pyromaniac and burned myself many times (and sometimes seriously!) but I never lost the fascination for fire. This, plus the modular hit the right butane jet can donate, most of the times brings me to choose instinctively the old good flame... and I must say that fast spinning my corky stem is quite addictive too..! Anyway, what is really awesome, regardless of the method, is our beloved VapCap no? I've never been able to activate it on the embers of a campfire without cooking my hands...:ugh:
    :D

6. Kozzmozz

Kozzmozz Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

I like to hold my dyna on the stove when boiling water for say spaghetti.
    It's an electric stove creating hot plates, it takes forever to click but it's very relaxing when cooking.

Mostly use a double flame tho.

edit: words

ander, steama and Helios like this.
  7. stardustsailor

stardustsailor Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Flames ,all the way .

Click to play YouTube Video

steama, Helios, ander and 1 other person like this.
  8. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Click to play YouTube Video

Or SMOKE it...

steama likes this.
  9. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

My torch attracted unwanted attention when sat in a beer garden, I could have done with an IH then.
    Now I wouldn't be with out it, just need a smaller, airport security friendly version next.

namasteIII, Helios and Dynavaper like this.
  10. ander

ander Well-Known Member

In these situations, I withdraw myself with my VC in the WC for a quick session. It brings me back to the good old days of high school...

Mulchmaker, Dynavaper and phattpiggie like this.
  11. Dynavaper

Dynavaper Karma Farmer

I am 40+, I pay my taxes and I hereby refuse to consume my medicine on a fucking public toilet like a devastated junkie!
    Still I have to from time to time. I really hate the current legal situation in my country.

Phenix, bossman, KidFated. and 5 others like this.
  12. ander

ander Well-Known Member

I'm 40+ too, legalization here is a dream (we have maybe the most severe law in EU) but I take it easy and I'd be lying if I said that transgression still not attracts me a bit, and without feeling necessarily a junkie (wich I am, at least a bit). Sure it is the last resource and I always preferred isolated natural places for these rituals.

Dynavaper likes this.
  13. Egzoset

Egzoset Vaporist of Borg

Salutations Ander,

No, i've been genuinely enthousiastic about DynaVap's contribution and yet it's perfectible, but i don't suppose it matters anyway.

Well, i was tempted to provide a rational answer but i remember you had a different purpose, so i vote for "Bi-Energy", possibly "3-Energy" if imagination will carry the reader this far...

[​IMG]
    « We Brake for Nobody! »

14. ander

ander Well-Known Member

Hi Egzoset.
    Not a purpose really, was only an invitation too not take it too seriously...

15. ander

ander Well-Known Member

What other device attached to anything with a hole allows you to vaporize? If this is not amazing, at least in its simplicity and versatility, well I do not know...
    [​IMG]
    Even the glass drinking straw is unnecessary...

I do not like to monopolize the thread so this, was my last.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  16. Egzoset

Egzoset Vaporist of Borg

Hi again Ander,

Still no: for starters DynaVap's VapCap is certainly perfectible considering owners remain exposed to severe skin burns. It's not clear how a fruit can fix that but we haven't seen the last of it just yet, patience.

Simplicity and versatility? The last few weeks clearly demonstrated that very few trained eyes could even manage to recognize it i'm afraid, and that ain't for objective reasons, hence my lack of humour.

ander likes this.
  17. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

I'm using a chunky ebay Jobon triple torch that hasn't broken yet and I'm in line for a Jarhead.

Not really following all the shop talk but I love my Omni and I'm down for whatever works.

Helios, ander and beyond6strings like this.
  18. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

This thread confuses me but I am in line for a portside..until then my vapcap sits in a drawer.

19. bossman

bossman Gentleman Of Leisure

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  20. Mulchmaker

Mulchmaker Veni Vidi Vapi

I finally got the opportunity to enjoy my M out in the woods last week. Sitting on a log by a mountain stream, triple torch in one hand and a beer in the other, exposed the only limitation of using direct heat on a Vapcap--I had to set down my beer! Still, it was an outstanding experience.

When I'm at home, it's IH all the way. I place my Jarhead on the coffee table next to my comfy armchair and break out my "fancy" VC (LE7 tip with an Om cap on a long Winegums wood stem). Heavenly, and I don't even need to set down my beer.

beyond6strings and bossman like this.
  21. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Invest in a beer helmet. Problem solved!

[​IMG]

:cheers:

:peace:

beyond6strings and Mulchmaker like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors