First portable vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamajr96

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and new to vaping, I really love it though. The thought of no smell and it's great for my sleep apnea/insomnia. My friend recently got a vapir no2 and since I've used his I have been hooked on vapor. I'm looking into my first vape and I'm not sure what I should be getting. It needs to be portable the smaller the better . I really want an iolite original, I like the fact it uses butane and it's portable but I have read A LOT and most people say it dies out within a few months because of either the ignition failing or other malfunctions. I really could use some help because I want to make the right purchase. If anyone has any thoughts on the iolite original or an other portable vaporizers it'd be great, im not completly oblivious to all vapes ive researched a lot and have seen most of them online but i just wanted some first hand opinions and thoughts, thanks.

Mamajr96,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would definitely recommend the MFLB. It has served me as a great starting portable and is simply built welll, hits well, and overall awesome.

Elluzion,

Mamajr96

I heard the batteries die quickly and you only get about 7 hits, usually three people are passing it would their be enough battery for all of us?

Mamajr96,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You would need more batteries IMO. Not a big deal. They aren't very expensive.

darkrom,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I would say if you were to get an MFLB the PA is a must..
Though the VaporGenie Coil is nice and only 20 dollars now. Not too many negatives (unless you aren't a flame fan), but it looks quite discrete. I feel since I clean after each session if I was out and about I could just eject the screen in random encounters :ninja:

With such a low price you could just vape with that and save up for a Log Vape..

paytonpenn,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I think an mflb is a god awful choice for a first portable, especially if it is to be used by multiple people frequently. I'd recommend a Solo here for sure, IMO it has the best balance of battery life, ease of use and vapor quality of any current portable :2c: ............really, don't get an LB'

SF Giant,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Also vote for MFLB. With PA! One battery doesn't give 7 hits, more like 25. And they can be good. If you go this way, PA is a must, so you don't have to spend your batteries at home and also it hits soooo better with PA.

Seek,

Mamajr96

I'm stuck between an arizer solo and an iolite original, I like easily refueling butane but the quality might sht out on me, the arizer in my opinion is the best portable electronic one for the money I jut don't like the fact that it needs to be charged, can you use the arizer while it's plugged in or no.

Mamajr96,

max

Out to lunch
I have read A LOT and most people say it dies out within a few months because of either the ignition failing or other malfunctions.
I've read a lot too. And I've owned one since the first batch was shipped to the US back in Oct. of '08. I also have another that was sent to me in '09 for beta testing of mouthpiece and bowl changes. Both are still working fine. While the iolite and wispr vapes aren't as reliable as some simpler designs, your "most people say" statement is off the deep end. Plenty of these units have been working fine for years now. But if reliablity is a big concern, and you think you'll be using it after the 2 yr. warranty expires, you may want to look at a different brand.

Although it's brand new, the DaVinci vape is similar in size (probably hit size as well) and avoids the butane system. It's gotten good reviews from a couple of respected retailers already, and is selling for $199 now, but will probably go up to $250 once it becomes readily available. This one interests me and I'll probably pick one up before the price goes up. 2 yr. warranty like the iolite.

The Solo is not quite as stealthy as the above models, and you should consider it if you don't need a 'pocket portable'. It all depends on how and where you want to vape, as to which is the better choice.

max,

OF

I wouldn't fear the Iolite, I think most folks have no trouble with theirs. I own a couple (and have got them for friends), not a problem in the lot. They have limits in terms of being a good 'party vape' but will hold plenty for three guys unless they're showing off.....

I also think MFLB and TV are excellent products, but are better left for one user at a time.

I don't have a solo, never used one, but they seem to have their fans and detractors.

One other thought; you can get the Iolite from Amazon for under a hundred bucks shipped, isn't that half the price of the solo? You could get two, be a hero to your buds and not have to give a second thought to a problem that makes you send one in for service......

OF

OF,

Mamajr96

The da Vinci looks awesome. It is exactly what I wanted, does anyone have any experience or first hand use with one because I am very interested in it, and I will probably get the da vinci

Mamajr96,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
No, it hasn't been released yet so nobody knows if it is actually a legitimate choice. I think it looks promising but I wouldn't buy it personally until it is in the hands of some reputable users for reviews.

SF Giant,

darkrom

Great Scott!
max said:
I have read A LOT and most people say it dies out within a few months because of either the ignition failing or other malfunctions.
I've read a lot too. And I've owned one since the first batch was shipped to the US back in Oct. of '08. I also have another that was sent to me in '09 for beta testing of mouthpiece and bowl changes. Both are still working fine. While the iolite and wispr vapes aren't as reliable as some simpler designs, your "most people say" statement is off the deep end. Plenty of these units have been working fine for years now. But if reliablity is a big concern, and you think you'll be using it after the 2 yr. warranty expires, you may want to look at a different brand.

Although it's brand new, the DaVinci vape is similar in size (probably hit size as well) and avoids the butane system. It's gotten good reviews from a couple of respected retailers already, and is selling for $199 now, but will probably go up to $250 once it becomes readily available. This one interests me and I'll probably pick one up before the price goes up. 2 yr. warranty like the iolite.

The Solo is not quite as stealthy as the above models, and you should consider it if you don't need a 'pocket portable'. It all depends on how and where you want to vape, as to which is the better choice.

Max I'm surprised you are watching the DaVinci. Your comments in that thread ALMOST seem negative (they aren't after re-reading). Are you particularly fond of something about it, or just love to try new vapes? I'm curious if you got to try the Thermovape and what you think about it. I'd LOVE to try the Davinci...assuming I won it in that contest because I'm broke ass.

darkrom,

Mamajr96

It comes out around march 7th to march 12th, when you get it darkrom please I would love to hear about it because right now it looks like my number one choice

Mamajr96,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Mamajr96 said:
It comes out around march 7th to march 12th, when you get it darkrom please I would love to hear about it because right now it looks like my number one choice

Whoa whoa whoa haha. I'm not getting one UNLESS I happened to win that contest (unlikely). It looks neat though.

darkrom,

max

Out to lunch
darkrom said:
Max I'm surprised you are watching the DaVinci. Your comments in that thread ALMOST seem negative (they aren't after re-reading). Are you particularly fond of something about it, or just love to try new vapes? I'm curious if you got to try the Thermovape and what you think about it. I'd LOVE to try the Davinci...assuming I won it in that contest because I'm broke ass.
Why surprised? Did you think you had all my preferences figured out? :lol: I may have made questioning, or even leery comments on it, but not negative. Not enough info yet for that. Only a handful of people have tried it.

I bought an iolite on presale, before any were shipped back in '08. Been using one since then. DaVinci is a nice size vape, and unlike the iolite, it doesn't hiss. It's gotten good reports from a couple of good retailers, and yeah, I'm interested. Not that that means anything, as far as the vape quality goes. I'd be a guinea pig as an initial buyer just like anyone else.

max,

Mamajr96

I missed contest entry by a day I was a little ticked but whatever, hopefully I will vegetating the money I was hoping for to buy this soon

Mamajr96,

darkrom

Great Scott!
max said:
darkrom said:
Why surprised? Did you think you had all my preferences figured out? :lol: I may have made questioning, or even leery comments on it, but not negative. Not enough info yet for that. Only a handful of people have tried it.

I bought an iolite on presale, before any were shipped back in '08. Been using one since then. DaVinci is a nice size vape, and unlike the iolite, it doesn't hiss. It's gotten good reports from a couple of good retailers, and yeah, I'm interested. Not that that means anything, as far as the vape quality goes. I'd be a guinea pig as an initial buyer just like anyone else.

I guess we will all wait and see together!

darkrom,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom