Firewood Vaporizer

Mr. Me2

Thx! Just found it on page 47 too.

Thx! Just found it on page 47 too.
It looks easy to load, but you're moving too fast and a little off camera. Is it? Do you have to wait long for it to cool to remove the mouthpiece and reload?

Any maintenance on this thing? And how about flavor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Symphonic77

The walnut looks beautiful, im pleasantly surprised on how it turned out. Cant wait to have my in my hands soon.

On a side now, i was thinking of laser engraving the date on it since it was a special gift on my birthday. Im wondering if this might void my warranty though. Ill have to email them about it.

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
Have you seen my video?

Herb is put into the capsule then to the mouthpiece.
I did see it, was just moving quickly and couldn't really process what just happened. That's what i get with a mid day firefly session I guess xD so there is a screen in the capsule and the mouthpiece to protect the bud from falling and getting into your mouth yeah?
But does it only come with one capsule?Also, is the heating element in the bottom or top of the unit near the herb?

Peacockfur,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

diegou

Hi folks,
i know you all are excited about the first bunch of FW3 arriving today (and i'm bit jealous of you :ko:) but have something to share here.

Doing a research i found something that can help to prolong the battery life of FW without the need of constantly opening the box to swap the batteries, what could bring the risk of damaging the wood over time.

A Battery Holder (4 x AA to Barrel Jack Connector) by osepp, usually used for Arduino or Arduino Compatible boards, working as an external battery/power bank for FW.
In a talk to Marc he has confirm that this may work on FW. The only caution is to confirm before buying that batts are in series, not paralells (in description it says 5.5V then it is in series). -"With eneloop AA cells (or another top quality NiMH) you could definitely use this on any Firewood model."

Links i found (but there are many others)
FRYS
Amazon1 Amazon2
Ebay

It seems, due to recent lack of money, i'll have to wait a time to get the new fw3. Meanwhile i'll enjoying my 2.1 and seeing you all being happy lol :popcorn::myday:

Hope it helps!
See you friends.

Last edited:

Frank Reynolds

Just did two more bowls and got some pretty good clouds. The AVB is super light but I put it in my warmed up EVO on max and didn't get anything useful. The flavor is awesome. There is definitely some noticeable wood taste but I expect it go to away eventually and even if it doesn't it won't bother me in the least.
YYH3QvN.jpg

kcluFyh.jpg

Edit: After really understanding how to use this thing now I would describe it as a fully automatic Firefly that's easier to carry around, has less draw resistance, and can fully finish a bowl. I just packed a full bowl fairly tightly but still with plenty of room for airflow and was getting some lung busting hits.

Haven't really been able to milk up my piece like in paytonpenn's video but I'm getting some nice big clouds.
gNd7vSg.jpg

Edit 2: WOAH :o I feel like I just got hit by a vapor truck. 5th bowl either this thing kicked into overdrive or I didn't have it on level 4 when I thought I did. Finished this in 3 to 4 huge rips.

D8JFE3X.jpg

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
A little tip. I like to give a primer puff after an exhale to ensure its back to temp. After 15 seconds from the end of your inhale it goes to cooling. Waiting longer may result in waiting for it to heat back after it started cooling.

So nice to not be alone with this amazing product.
I'm glad to join in on this fun too! I noticed the primer puff tip after 3-4 hits but I have had an ESV and MFLB so I knew all about primer hits.

Initial thoughts:
The device itself is much smaller than I anticipated. I was thinking more the size of a Phablet but my LG G3 is actually bigger than the device in footprint and almost as thick. I like this! The build quality is very nice and the craftsmanship and attention to detail that Marc put into these devices shows. I'm not the fondest of capsules and I wish the mouth piece and capsule was one piece instead some how. Load size seems small, however I get a lot of hits so I can't complain about that really. I also wish it came with more than one capsule. I would get like a dozen and preload them if I was trying to use this all day just because loading the capsules takes a little finesse since they are so damn tiny. Still they are much better than the miVape which is the only vape I have experienced with capsules.

I have only gone through 2 sessions on temp setting 3 and the thing is awesome. It compliments my ESV and Daisy very well. The hits are warmer than the Daisy but similar in the tastier hits from a Daisy like hits 1 and 2 off the Daisy(later hits on the Daisy are much closer to combustion and result in good taste still but not as good). The ESV still has this thing beat on taste I think because it provides cooler vapor which I think makes the terps stand out more. I can go cloud for cloud with this and the ESV. I recieved a brand new ESV today so I opened it at the same time. I was holding the Firewood V3 in my left hand and my new ESV in my right hand and well, I got really glutenous so I started a cloud off battle and there was no winner really. They both provide big clouds for me and I couldn't see one filling up my garage more than the other...if someone else was blowing the clouds I would have thought they were from the same device probably.

So the gluttony only got worse...I was sitting there reflecting on the effect that the Firewood and 2 hits from the ESV had me feeling and then both devices entered into my direct view as my left hand and my right hand approached my face. I couldn't stop what was going to happen next...I just had to take it like a...and next thing I know two portable instant true convection vaporizers were attacking my lungs at the same moment like it was Hiroshima and Nagasaki all over, only cumbustionless!

I really like this vape so far and that will probably be an understatement by the time I really get to know her.

Tickdickler

How does the mouthpiece work? Are there two screens? How is the herb loaded? Thanks for the shots guys :)

The mouth piece is a tube of glass with a screen inside of a silicone tube. The capsule that holds material has a screen at the bottom and attaches to the silicone at the bottom of the mouth peice.

I just used it with a couple friends. Still getting a hang of the technique. It can get some nice cloud production very good taste. I've only used 2 capsules so far and I am really liking it. After I spend more time with it I will give a more indepth opinion.

firewood

Manufacturer
@Mr. Me2 I was inhaling the herb up with the mouthpiece connected to a capsule reversed.
This is how it is done. You make a little vacuum cleaner and all of a sudden it is super easy to load. BUT PLEASE do not forget to switch it back the right way after vacuuming up your flowers or else you will have some flowers burning in the heater! I have almost done this but caught myself.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I just cant stop! I have not found a good use for my water bong since I stopped combusting...tried the MFLB and ESV and Solo and even my Flowermate Pro with the metal adapter but none really produced that great or consistent of results and they were too much work compared to the Daisy. I have even rigged my Ubie to my bong which provided good hits but also was quite a challenge to avoid combustion.

The Firewood hooks right up to the standard 14mm female with no attachment needed. The FW has no problem keeping up with the draw. I have not been this baked in awhile!:science: I gotta get back to testing...I will check back in tomorrow after some quality:zzz:...I am sure it will be no problem after I am done playing with my new toy!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@firewood Has the V3 been water tested by chance? I was just thinking how the V3 and my hydrotube would mate up so great, however I was worried about trying it just because my dhgate hydrotubes do tend to leak every now and then if I'm not very careful. I would love to mate the two, but not if catastrophic failure is a possibility.

@Frank Reynolds Your so right about the price. I know it's first date still and all, but I am really stoked about this vape. I'm sure if I bought this vape before my others that cost more, I would have never tried them. I'm not saying this can or cannot compete with my ESV, but as good as it works I probably would not have purchased my ESV if I had this when I started Vaping 100%.

I keep plugging it in when I am not using it and I have not seen a green light on the charger yet. I'm not sure if there is a way to really tell when the device is fully charged while charging unless that light does turn green. I probably should defer to the manual on this one.

I have been using temp 3 and finishing off on temp 4. Temp 4 only for the water pipe. Good tasty hits with even dark ABV every time. Darker then my Daisy which is about as dark as the Solo ABV, but slightly lighter than my ESV I think. I might have to do a comparison between the ESV to see which ABV is darker.

I actually don't find the glass tube that hot after a session on 4. It's hot, but I was able to pop the capsule out and grab it long enough to stick it back in backwards so I could blow out the old and suck in the new for the next session. I found it cool by the time I had it loaded back up which was less than 15 seconds probably. The big thing I don't like about the capsules is, their too difficult to load in certain situations. I would think multiple pre-loaded capsules would eliminate this issue for me but in the meantime I will practice getting more comfortable with the single capsule that I have.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@firewood Has the V3 been water tested by chance? I was just thinking how the V3 and my hydrotube would mate up so great, however I was worried about trying it just because my dhgate hydrotubes do tend to leak every now and then if I'm not very careful. I would love to mate the two, but not if catastrophic failure is a possibility.

@Frank Reynolds Your so right about the price. I know it's first date still and all, but I am really stoked about this vape. I'm sure if I bought this vape before my others that cost more, I would have never tried them. I'm not saying this can or cannot compete with my ESV, but as good as it works I probably would not have purchased my ESV if I had this when I started Vaping 100%.

I keep plugging it in when I am not using it and I have not seen a green light on the charger yet. I'm not sure if there is a way to really tell when the device is fully charged while charging unless that light does turn green. I probably should defer to the manual on this one.

I have been using temp 3 and finishing off on temp 4. Temp 4 only for the water pipe. Good tasty hits with even dark ABV every time. Darker then my Daisy which is about as dark as the Solo ABV, but slightly lighter than my ESV I think. I might have to do a comparison between the ESV to see which ABV is darker.

I actually don't find the glass tube that hot after a session on 4. It's hot, but I was able to pop the capsule out and grab it long enough to stick it back in backwards so I could blow out the old and suck in the new for the next session. I found it cool by the time I had it loaded back up which was less than 15 seconds probably. The big thing I don't like about the capsules is, their too difficult to load in certain situations. I would think multiple pre-loaded capsules would eliminate this issue for me but in the meantime I will practice getting more comfortable with the single capsule that I have.
I have used it with a water tool, the default mouthpiece is a bit too short to seal with the PNWT. Or at least with the raised wood it makes it inconvenient .

i would love to see an extended mouthpiece that can latch onto 14mm rather than just seal.

The charger likes to reset or something i can have it go green unplug turn it on and let it pulse out turn it off plug back and it will stay red for at least an hour. I just follow the pulses for the true battery indicator, after the first session its normally on 3 pulses anyway.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn now Walnut is back too and so is the Cloud Evo with the Hydratree...

Basically trying to decide between this and Evo as my next VAS purchase, my dilemma is that I have production Zion and GH coming at some point in the next month, along with Indica's 3 new models I think as well some day...

@Frank Reynolds you have the Evo with evolver hydratree right? Theyre totally different beasts I'm sure but help a brother out, can I pass on the Evo and get the FW for less than half the price? The hydrotube is probably the most tempting part, but seems too pricey to get it by itself...

@nosmoking your ESV comparisons are really helping to push me in this direction instead, was worried about the hot small glass capsule but if it cools that quick maybe non issue? And session seem to last long enough on lower temps that its not much of an issue at all perhaps, but yeah an extra capsule might be nice... Theyre available in the store with an extra mouthpiece included but would be nice if it came with two ofcourse

@paytonpenn again amazing video, didn't hear the music choice last time and love it. Are you relying on only one capsule too? Are you taking FW out and about or is that still where the GH shines?

@firewood do current orders get that mystery free gift that's going out Monday too? Or was that only the pre order guys for last week?

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Damn Walnut back too and so us the Cloud Evo Hydratree...

Basically trying to decide between this and Evo as my next VAS purchase, my dilemma is that I have production Zion and GH coming at some point in the next month, along with Indicas 3 new models I think as well some day...

@Frank Reynolds you have the Evo with evolver hydratree right? Theyre totally different beasts I'm sure but help a brother out, can I pass on the Evo and get the FW for less than half the price? The hydrotube is probably the most tempting part, but seems too pricey to get it by itself...

@nosmoking your ESV comparisons are really helping to push me in this direction instead, was worried about the hot small glass capsule but if it cools that quick maybe non issue? And session seem to last long enough on lower temps that its not much of an issue at all perhaps, but yeah an extra capsule might be nice... Theyre available in the store with an extra mouthpiece included but would be nice if it came with two ofcourse

@paytonpenn again amazing video, didn't hear the music choice last time and love it. Are you relying on only one capsule too? Are you taking FW out and about or is that still where the GH shines?

@firewood do current orders get that muster free gift that's going out Monday too? Or was that only the pre order guys for last week?
I've recently been looking at the ESV too. Can somebody give a flavor comparison between the fw, ESV and Crafty? And a maintenance comparison? Thx!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The ESV is better than the FW for flavor but not by a whole lot. The aluminum body of the ESV just provides some of the coolest hits out there. I'm not sure what a Crafty is like. I would also like to hear a comparison on the flavor and temperature of the vapor between the FW3 and the Grasshopper.

Mr. Me2

I wish this site had a vape comparisons thread with a chart that could be updated or votes that could quantified. I'll add to my flavor and maintenance comparison wish list: Firewood, ESV, Air, Crafty (Mighty), Prima, Zion, Grasshopper... What am I missing?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I wish this site had a vape comparisons thread with a chart that could be updated or votes that could quantified. I'll add to my flavor and maintenance comparison wish list: Firewood, ESV, Air, Crafty (Mighty), Prima, Zion, Grasshopper... What am I missing?

I have only tried Air/ESV/Zion of those, but imo any on demand convection unit will taste better than session conduction mixed in, so Air Prima and Crafty are all worse than the others in my mind... For me it was also ESV at the top, with those instant hits in the wide open metal chamber, but Zion was insanely mouthwatering at first and new production units have enhanced vapor quality significantly with tweaks to heater orientation...

Between GH and FW, its the short vapor path that makes it hotter/harsher perhaps, but still very flavorful too, I'd expect FW to be better on harshness but just speculating as I continue to try to decide

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I would anticipate the Zion to be right between the ESV and the Firewood if not exactly the same as the Firewood. Only the vapor production from one hit from the Zion should blow the ESV and Firewood away I would think. I would anticipate the Grasshopper to be much like the Firewood also. Even though it has am SS body and vapor path, it does not have the volume that the ESV has so it wouldn't be quite as cold of vapor.

I could go on with more speculation, but I'm probably just wasting thread space since it is only speculation.

Top Bottom