Firewood Vaporizer

Boranel

Hey, all! I've been a Magic Flight owner for about a year now, and I love that vape dearly, but I'm possibly looking to expand my vapor arsenal a bit and this caught my eye. I just have a few questions about it. Can you use it while it's charging? How hard is it to clean and how often should you clean it for it to run optimally? The herb chamber looks like it could potentially be difficult to get at. One of the things I love about the Magic Flight is the relative ease of maintenance, so if any of you have any input on what it's like to clean and care for this mother, it'd be much appreciated :)

Boranel,

vii

Just place a order in last night. Properly have to wait till next week to get my order due to the holiday. I found out about this vape yesterday and couldn't stop myself from getting one!!! The same thing happen when found out about mflb and I don't reget buying that at all. I think both vapes will compliment each other.

vii,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
btw. I've made a pretty curious experience with my firewood, I'd like to share with you. First of all, I was able to recognize flavors in my herb, I haven't with other vapes (I think that's because I normally start vaping at a higher temperature)! The first two draws are very aromatic, generally. After these the vapor gets very cloudy, suddenly and here comes what i found really remarkable: I've got stoned!!! (No combustion or something). I've never used this word to describe the effects of a vaporizer before. It normally gets me high yes, but stoned...?!
It's the first vape that actually helps me get to sleep.
I have no real explanation for this (except that i expect the vapor concentration in the air to be a bit higher) and maybe it's just me, but that's what I've experienced

you can find the link to my full review on the firewood website or below in my signature.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hey, nice stone experience mrweed, could you (and jam too and others FW owners) post more vids (or pictures) showing the unit better, with size comparisons and unit at work, please?
Do you notice any issue on this device?Is it heavy or light in the palm and is it solid?
I'm waiting for my FW and it seems to me that waitness could be very long with USPS (perhaps they still use the pony express...ahahah!)

PPN,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
well i think it was said already a couple of times. it has pretty much the size of a smartphone. it weights 170.2g, so it's a bit more heavy. I don't see a need for posting pictures or a video. the pictures all show it exactly like it is and if you want to see it in action simply check marc's demo video. i have the unfinished version and I can't complain about anything.

mrweed,
Reactions: vii

Saintcloud

Just got mine! This thing is smaller than i expected, and much nicer. It's not charging on the charger. though the light on the box is green, so maybe the old ones needed a full charge before and the new ones don't (I did have the light on the box turned off and try and charge it.) That or the charger is bad, which is worrying me. Sadly it's going to be a few hours before I can try this bad boy out.

Saintcloud,

jayson

Just got mine today, pretty hyped, it's my first vape. Bought it due to all the positive feedback so far and mainly the price you can't deny. That and the fact that it looks like a piece of art.

Arrived as described, with the unit, mouthpiece, charger, instructions, and extra screen. Looks very well made and feels solid in the hand. Delivery was quick, 3 days across the US. And their response to my personal email regarding delivery were quick.

The light on mine turned on out of the box, but I plugged it in anyway and the charger turned red indicating it's taking a charge....directions say to give it a full charge before 1st use, so just following the instructions. Couple hours in and it's still red/charging.

I'll report back shortly on my first vape experience!

firewood

Manufacturer
Just got mine! This thing is smaller than i expected, and much nicer. It's not charging on the charger. though the light on the box is green, so maybe the old ones needed a full charge before and the new ones don't (I did have the light on the box turned off and try and charge it.) That or the charger is bad, which is worrying me. Sadly it's going to be a few hours before I can try this bad boy out.
If you just plug the charger into the wall without the vaporizer, does a green light turn on on the charger? If so, when you plug in the vaporizer does it turn red?

firewood,

Saintcloud

If you just plug the charger into the wall without the vaporizer, does a green light turn on on the charger? If so, when you plug in the vaporizer does it turn red?
No charging light at all, and I did try it with quite a few different outlets that I know work. Looks like the charger is indeed bad

Saintcloud,

jayson

Just got mine today, pretty hyped, it's my first vape. Bought it due to all the positive feedback so far and mainly the price you can't deny. That and the fact that it looks like a piece of art.

Arrived as described, with the unit, mouthpiece, charger, instructions, and extra screen. Looks very well made and feels solid in the hand. Delivery was quick, 3 days across the US. And their response to my personal email regarding delivery were quick.

The light on mine turned on out of the box, but I plugged it in anyway and the charger turned red indicating it's taking a charge....directions say to give it a full charge before 1st use, so just following the instructions. Couple hours in and it's still red/charging.

I'll report back shortly on my first vape experience!

* Ok, after plugging it in for the first time the red light turned green after about 3 hours.

Man, have to say I'm very impressed with this thing, I got about 7 cloudy draws, with a few tasty light draws in the beginning. Has a nice wood pipe like taste mixed with flavor of the blend. Filled the chamber about 3/4 of the way, seems like I could even do less flowers and still get as good a session.

The side of the unit with the switches gets very hot at the top, almost untouchable on mine, I assume that's a normal side effect with most portables. My only one concern, is I love this thing and wondering how long the battery lasts for an average user, since you can't replace it. I might need to save up for a back up unit, or maybe there's a way to hack the battery down the line once it dies?

I'm not an experienced vape user, but I am very pleased that this is my first experience with one. Nice work Firewood!

vii

* Ok, after plugging it in for the first time the red light turned green after about 3 hours.

Man, have to say I'm very impressed with this thing, I got about 7 cloudy draws, with a few tasty light draws in the beginning. Has a nice wood pipe like taste mixed with flavor of the blend. Filled the chamber about 3/4 of the way, seems like I could even do less flowers and still get as good a session.

The side of the unit with the switches gets very hot at the top, almost untouchable on mine, I assume that's a normal side effect with most portables. My only one concern, is I love this thing and wondering how long the battery lasts for an average user, since you can't replace it. I might need to save up for a back up unit, or maybe there's a way to hack the battery down the line once it dies?

I'm not an experienced vape user, but I am very pleased that this is my first experience with one. Nice work Firewood!
i think somone said it last 500hours at 100% than start charging to 80%

vii,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Mr firewood, what are your tips & recommendations for charging/discharging the firewood for maximum battery longevity ?

Elluzion,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I am still loving my Firewood. I can finally get a full day away from electric, using this and my other portable. I have been getting 6 nice sessions with it. I am away from the plug sometimes 14hrs a day and I medicate about once a hour. I love the firewood and it is a perfect companion to my other portable. I have a feeling it will stay on my indefinite list. Imho for the price it is one of the best available. I am very happy I was able to get mine.:tup:

firewood

Manufacturer
Mr firewood, what are your tips & recommendations for charging/discharging the firewood for maximum battery longevity ?
I don't really have much advice here. The most important things for battery life are to not over charge or over discharge but as long as you use the stock charger and stop using the device once the leds start to dim then you should be fine. NiMH batteries used to have memory effect but from what I understand they don't any more.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I receive my FW today (in 2 weeks and not 3), fully charged, unfinished as I wanted.
I fill it with 0.1 of flowers and i follow instructions step by step and I get a first tasty draw without lot of vapor, I keep the trigger on and start another draw of 20s and I get a really big cloud, too big because after that i get another little puff and taste turn bad.
I think that it was too hot I must to learn how to use it to get a perfect brown abv, I tell you more after many bowls....

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I receive my FW today (in 2 weeks and not 3), fully charged, unfinished as I wanted.
I fill it with 0.1 of flowers and i follow instructions step by step and I get a first tasty draw without lot of vapor, I keep the trigger on and start another draw of 20s and I get a really big cloud, too big because after that i get another little puff and taste turn bad.
I think that it was too hot I must to learn how to use it to get a perfect brown abv, I tell you more after many bowls....

I believe you can use the residual heat to keep hitting it... trying wouldn't hurt, ya know :science:

Quetzalcoatl,

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
@ppn release the trigger from time to time after it gets cloudy. like shown in the video above.

mrweed,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It seems to me that the learning curve of this powerfull vape will be long and difficult because I don't feel the heat in my mouth and suddenly I feel it and lot of vapor but i just done 3 bowls before the battery needs charging but i think that I use it too hot because my abv comes out black.
I think that i just need to learn to use it to get a perfect extraction but the unit is powerfull (after the first heating, like diesel motor a little bit long to heat but after that it's really powerfull)
I'm rellt enjoy to get it, thanks FW

PPN,

Meghan

I've had my Firewood since Saturday and have used it for probably five sessions now. The first three sessions were definitely a learning experience. I do feel that there's a bit of a learning curve with this vape (like nearly any vape), and it has a lot to do with getting a feel for when to hold the button and when to let off. My first session, I had trouble getting any visible clouds. The second, I certainly got clouds, but I felt like the taste turned to burnt popcorn quickly and the session was over far too soon. Third session was more of the same. In my defense, I came down with a nasty cold and/or flu the same day and my concentration definitely wasn't what it should have been.

I just tried out my fourth and fifth sessions today with much better results. I'm getting a better feel for judging when to push and when to release. My sessions are lasting longer, I'm getting at least 6 - 8 quality hits, and my ABV is uniformly brown.

I like this vape. This is something I really wish I'd had in college! It's a great value at this price point, it's beautiful, and it feels pretty stealthy to me. Yes, it's bigger than an MFLB, but I can still slip it into the shallow-ass pockets of my girls' jeans with no problem. And I can't detect any residual smell after a session, and much less during a session than a Pax or even a Solo. I've not had many sessions yet obviously, but the cleaning/maintenance is less of a concern for me now that I've observed how thoroughly I'm able to dump ABV out of the unit. I used a pipe cleaner to reach in and gently brush a piece of herb off the screen at one point, but the unit itself is staying surprisingly clean. The mouthpiece will obviously require more maintenance over time as the spring coil tends to collect resin, but even that doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal.

I'm definitely feeling the two sessions I just had!

Overall, I'm happy with this vape. I sprang for the Walnut and it's just gorgeous.

ProfessorZ

Thank you all for such a great review of an impressive product. I've been researching vapes for awhile now, and was set on getting the MFLB, but I love the innovation and ongoing product development of the Firewood.

I ordered yesterday and it shipped today. My best friend purchased a MFLB yesterday and I do like it, waiting to get the Firewood to compare.

I think it's important to support small, innovative companies like Firewood.

I'll post back once I put it through it's paces.

vii

finally got my unit!!!! had to pay a extra 25$ for Canada customs:(cant wait to try this bad boy out.

vii,
Reactions: Trever

PSF

This is a really nice vape.
Have had it for about 1.5months and really like it.

I had a nice discreet session in the theater while watching Pacific Rim...I recommend the movie as well as the vape :clap:

Top Bottom