Firewood Vaporizer

Zachwill

I'm afraid they won't cut it. They are button top meaning they are likely to be protected cells, meaning they are not high discharge IMR/INRs, as AFAIK none exists with protection circuits (the beefiest BMS/PCM I found for a single cell was 10A)

Also EBL is a rewrapper not a manufacturer... Sorry... :\
NOOOOOO!!!!! lol so what would happen if i put them into the firewood?

Good think I just ordered them the other day. I just canceled them, but i would like to find some reliable ones on amazon because i have a gift card to use. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zachwill,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
With a protection circuit hopefully the thing would just shut off (maybe not permanently but if the circuit is crap you never know, might blow a FET or a fuse in the process...) Otherwise if the circuit were to fail, you would exceed the rated discharge of the cell and it would warm up, the voltage would sag so much the vape would feel anemic and/or cold running, and ultimately it would start to damage the cell itself.

In the worst case scenario though, the cell would vent, catch fire or explode, taking half of your face, your hand and your house with it... :rip: Really, those batteries can be dangerous, especially the cheap ones (modern high quality ones are designed to die gracefully but you must still be cautious)

ZC

I'd honestly stay away from amazon for batteries, there are too many unknown sellers and even if "shipped and sold by amazon" we don't really know how much amazon cares about them being genuine cells.

These batteries can be dangerous, and are not to be taken lightly. The savings you're getting from that gift card are not worth the cell blowing up in your face.

I usually get my batteries from IMRBATTERIES.com

Make sure they're rated for 20A continuous discharge. Samsung 25R, Sony VTC5, LG HE4 are all good choices. At $5-8 a piece they're really not expensive. Cheaper batteries are priced that way for a reason.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

I am delaying/skipping my previously mentioned video for a video review that should hopefully be finished by the end of October if not sooner.

Hey Peyton,

Thanks for the video....we all appreciate the time that you dedicate to science.:rockon:

Also, during the video your text says that the FW4 is...

"It's actually not that harsh native with the cooling unit. It is however still dry"

Could you elaborate on that just a bit....particularly the level of harshness, say compared to the Arizer Air or Solo, or maybe one of the Flowermate units?

And have you used the CU with the FW3? If so, what was that like comparatively?

Thanks a bunch! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

FF

BadDog No

On the matter of batteries I have a few months experience with the Milaana. I think I've been using a pair of Samsung 25r's because they were one of the recommended types. Amazon did OK by me; some package deal with a nitecore charger. I think if you do some research you'll be fine. Lots of information on batteries and chargers over on the Milaana thread BTW.

These are highly regarded and ship standard with Milaana. I have one in rotation with the 25r's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...rd_wg=xwQe5&psc=1&refRID=PCQXA5B2S97KTPW39TW6

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

I'm afraid they won't cut it. They are button top meaning they are likely to be protected cells, meaning they are not high discharge IMR/INRs, as AFAIK none exists with protection circuits (the beefiest BMS/PCM I found for a single cell was 10A)

Also EBL is a rewrapper not a manufacturer... Sorry... :\

Exactly this, honestly, I wouldn't use those batteries at all. It may not be safe, especially from a re-wrapper. You don't know what the real continuous amperage on those are. You don't want to be holding them near your face if they vent, especially not four of them together in the firewood. Less dangerous than say, a metal mech mod for vaping, but still dangerous enough to seriously wreck you.

Edit: That was really unusual, I logged in after like a few days since I've been busy, and clicked on the firewood thread. KeroZen's post was the last one I saw, until I posted this, then immediately the rest of the replies showed up.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Edit: That was really unusual, I logged in after like a few days since I've been busy, and clicked on the firewood thread. KeroZen's post was the last one I saw, until I posted this, then immediately the rest of the replies showed up.

Sounds like the site was still in your cache and now has been reloaded.

vapen00b,

STARVAPE2012

vaporist
Best place I have found for
Authentic batteries is

RTDVAPOR

He is amazing, fast shipping
Never had a problem with any
Batteries from here, all brands
Great prices, he always gives you extra goodies with your orders, battery cases...etc...
Been buying from him for years,

STARVAPE2012,

Mulehead

I think I might have the wrong tracking #.
Is anyone else experiencing a VERY unusual route to their shipping address?
Like anyone in Florida?
USPS has sent my package to Pensacola Fl from Boston to get to Indy?? Wtf??

Mulehead,
Reactions: vapen00b

friedrich

Little-Known Member
It's so small and cute!

6T333O2.jpg

v1SSuoN.jpg

K3h07kQ.jpg

I had a couple batteries ready and waiting, so I'm trying some Super Lemon Haze right now. The taste comes through very well; it was a bit woody to start, but I'm sure that'll go away.

Vapor production is really impressive! I could always get nice clouds from the FW3 with my slow puff/draw technique, but it seems to be much easier and faster with the 4.

The cooling unit does its job well. I usually used a glass mouthpiece with FW3 at home, so this will be nice for a similar effect on the go. Using the FW3 native never bothered me too much though.

With all that and the new quick start feature, I think Firewood is back at the top of my vape list!

Thanks @firewood!!

djchexxx

It's so small and cute!

6T333O2.jpg

v1SSuoN.jpg

K3h07kQ.jpg

I had a couple batteries ready and waiting, so I'm trying some Super Lemon Haze right now. The taste comes through very well; it was a bit woody to start, but I'm sure that'll go away.

Vapor production is really impressive! I could always get nice clouds from the FW3 with my slow puff/draw technique, but it seems to be much easier and faster with the 4.

The cooling unit does its job well. I usually used a glass mouthpiece with FW3 at home, so this will be nice for a similar effect on the go. Using the FW3 native never bothered me too much though.

With all that and the new quick start feature, I think Firewood is back at the top of my vape list!

Thanks @firewood!!

Thanks for the comparison pic! The size difference between the FW3 and FW4 is pretty drastic imo! Looks to be about 25% smaller w/o the CU

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I was to broke to join the preorder and too much of coward to give up my Grasshopper preorder + so close to getting it but damn that packing is on the POINT! Only thing that would improve is organic starch packing foam and I would have jizzed my pants

Sry for the last bit

Gettinbetter

Got mine today but had to work for a bit. I just checked it out. The packaging is on point!
As you can see, the silicon wraps are black instead of clear. Pretty sweet looking!
The mouthpiece was very difficult to pull out the first time but afterwards slid in and out better. There's instructions for tightening and loosening it as needed.
There's some extra screens in the box as well as instructions.
The 3 piece holder is not finished. I was surprised by that but maybe it said that in the first email. It's sanded so it is not a big deal. I'll rub beeswax on it tomorrow.
I read the instructions since paytonpenn showed in the video that one works differently.
I loaded some canna-Tsu and turned it on. Power level 3. Battery level 1.
Hits nice and the cooling unit does warm but is a huge improvement over the f3. Also there was little to no wait on the heat up so that's really cool.
Here's a couple of pics. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots in the coming days.
2qaGdFNh.jpg
WV8FeyYh.jpg

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
It's so small and cute!

6T333O2.jpg

v1SSuoN.jpg

K3h07kQ.jpg

Thanks @firewood!!

Nice pics! Looking forward to hearing more about your early impressions!

Also, is the battery a flat top or button top?
I need to buy a couple for a matched rotation.

TIA!

FF

Top Bottom