Firewood Vaporizer

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Sunday off day, time for a marathon :science:

4sVVmUBh.jpg

Will update with use and comparisons. The difference in size is incredible. :):ko:

And a REALLY nice composition on the above photo....particularly the shadows across the walnut units! :rockon:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Firewood 4.0 is so perfect I could tear up looking at it :bowdown:

Maybe the holiday season brings a lot of overpay and I can excuse my purchase but ha! another preorder vape... Can just see the look on my none-stoner wife :D (we saving up for a house)

Zachwill

That is good reclaim. You could iso it. I'd be careful about what you put in there as you wouldn't want to break the glass.
I have some brushes and pipe cleaner so i should be good for the glass, I'm more curious about what you could use to clean the wooden inside of the cooling mouthpiece. With all the buildup you can see on the glass there has to be a good amount on the wood.

Zachwill,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I have some brushes and pipe cleaner so i should be good for the glass, I'm more curious about what you could use to clean the wooden inside of the cooling mouthpiece. With all the buildup you can see on the glass there has to be a good amount on the wood.
For the wooden area on the cooling mouthpiece I like to use my dabber tool to carefully scrape the resin on the wood off and then my pipe cleaner from brush from the T-Vape, something like these. But I can't vouch for their bristle strength.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey @paytonpenn ,

Thanks for the videos....we all appreciate the time that you dedicate to science.:rockon:

Also, during the one of your videos you say via text that the FW4 is...

"It's actually not that harsh native with the cooling unit. It is however still dry"

Could you elaborate on that just a bit....particularly the level of harshness, say compared to the Arizer Air or Solo, or maybe one of the Flowermate units?

And have you used the CU with the FW3? If so, what was that like comparatively?

Thanks a bunch! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

FF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
@Fat Freddy Deja Vu. I could've swore I answered that but I must have not posted it.

I haven't really used the FW3 since the 4 came. They seem like identical units once heated, just one is easier than the other and buzzes more.

So you don't use the Firewood 4 without the cooling unit. Its just not worth it once you have it.

I don't really use the Solo/Air or FM with concentrates and they are just lower temp devices in general. I think the Firewood is less harsh native than the Flowermate. I never really found the Solo very harsh but I always thought its temps were too low. Extraction speeds are also entirely different on these devices. Firewood kills a bowl (black) within 3 hits while neither of those vapes have the herb very brown yet. Still with that quick extraction and high temp its totally tolerable. Not harsh, I honestly find low temps to be the harshest but this could be due to all the flavor. Its somewhat overwhelming.

I think concentrates with the Firewood are more comparable to an oil pen, its only going to be harsh because you pulled too much or again low temps.

Last edited:

Farid

I've been holding back pulling the trigger on this, but I can't any longer. Do I email Marc to order one, or should I just wait until he puts them on his website?

I can justify VAS cause this is a local company. If question 4 passes, this thing with like 6 extra capsules of preloaded bubblehash would be awesome.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Fat Freddy Deja Vu. I could've swore I answered that but I must have not posted it.

I haven't really used the FW3 since the 4 came. They seem like identical units once heated, just one is easier than the other and buzzes more.

So you don't use the Firewood 4 without the cooling unit. Its just not worth it once you have it.

I don't really use the Solo/Air or FM with concentrates and they are just lower temp devices in general. I think the Firewood is less harsh native than the Flowermate. I never really found the Solo very harsh but I always thought its temps were too low. Extraction speeds are also entirely different on these devices. Firewood kills a bowl (black) within 3 hits while neither of those vapes have the herb very brown yet. Still with that quick extraction and high temp its totally tolerable. Not harsh, I honestly find low temps to be the harshest but this could be due to all the flavor. Its somewhat overwhelming.

I think concentrates with the Firewood are more comparable to an oil pen, its only going to be harsh because you pulled too much or again low temps.

Thanks Payton! That helps a lot! :tup:

I've been holding back pulling the trigger on this, but I can't any longer. Do I email Marc to order one, or should I just wait until he puts them on his website?

I can justify VAS cause this is a local company. If question 4 passes, this thing with like 6 extra capsules of preloaded bubblehash would be awesome.

I would think you just email Marc.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarrotWarrior

First impressions

The Firewood 4's, cooling unit makes a huge difference.. as @paytonpenn said. It makes sessions a lot smoother than the Hopper native.

However others may like the heat and cloud density that the hopper hits give.

The Hopper is definitely easier and faster to execute. But the Firewood 4 is smoother, easier to reload and has backup capsules ready to load.

Both units have swappable batteries but I would give this to the firewood 4 over the Hopper in extraction and battery productivity/efficiency.

Of course since both have swappable batteries it all really doesn't matter. I would give the fw4 the slight edge in durability and use in regards to being my daily driving vape.

I don't like comparing different vapes from different companies and etc

However versus it's older predecessor, the firewood 3 .. it's definitely worth it to upgrade. (Smaller, battery swappable, smoother hits and cuter :luv:)

The finish Marc did is amazing, the piece feels luxurious and has a nice walnut pine lemon subtlety. Wish I could get more of the beeswax finish he has for touch ups through out the year.

Might update upon further use, but @paytonpenn has said it all best. Going to have another day to sesh with it, cheers everyone. :sherlock:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Had an email communication with Marc regarding batteries, as follows:

"The batteries need to be flat top, and more importantly, capable of supplying 20A continuous current.

Marc"

Hey Marc,

Regarding batteries for the FW4...will either the button top or the flat top versions get the job done? Is one preferred over the other?

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Regarding batteries for the FW4...will either the button top or the flat top versions get the job done? Is one preferred over the other?

Get flat top ones. Button tops have a protection circuit and those don't exceed 10A continuous in practice. I might be wrong but it's possible that you won't find any genuine button top cell able to handle 20A continuous (and don't believe crap brands that list the maximum rate)

Bdubbdiblets

So I'm a happy hopper but have been creeping around here and these pics and vids got my mouthwatering:drool:...so much for the hopper being my VAS penicillin!:shrug:

I'm sure it's been answered but wondering if there is any idea when they will be available on the site or do you have to email them to get on a list? If so how long is the wait? Any info is helpful thanks FCers!

:rockon::party:

Bdubbdiblets,
Reactions: BadDog No

BadDog No

So I'm a happy hopper but have been creeping around here and these pics and vids got my mouthwatering:drool:...so much for the hopper being my VAS penicillin!:shrug:

I'm sure it's been answered but wondering if there is any idea when they will be available on the site or do you have to email them to get on a list? If so how long is the wait? Any info is helpful thanks FCers!

:rockon::party:
Here's what I got 10 days ago. I bet the wait is probably over a month now (and may be much longer after I post this...:lol:)

Alan,

There is an email waitlist if you are interested.

Here is how it works... Below is a list of prices and accessories. Check that over and decide what you want to buy (only 1 vaporizer per customer for now), then email me back with your selection.

After you place your email order (just an email with your choices) I will send you an email invoice that you can use to make the payment. With your position in the list you will probably get an invoice in a month or so. Basically I'll send you the invoice a few days before your order is ready to ship. For people late on the list it may be as long as a month or so between when you send me your order and when I send you an invoice, so please don't worry if you don't hear back right away.

Unfinished Walnut Firewood 4 - $135.95

Finished Walnut Firewood 4- $165.95

Add battery (1 only per vaporizer) - $10

Unfinished Cooling Unit - $22.95

Finished Cooling Unit - 33.95

Nitecore Intellicharger I1 - $14.95

Extra Mouthpiece and Capsule - $12.95

Extra Capsule - $5.95

3 Extra mouthpieces w/ capsule plus Walnut holder (triple holder) - $36

Full Package (1 finished walnut, plus battery, charger, cooling unit, & triple holder with 3 mouthpieces/capsules) - $220 (normally $260.85)

An unfinished or finished fw4 by itself does not come with a battery or charger. This is because many users will have those already and would prefer to not have to buy them. It also does not come with a cooling unit since that is not required for use. It does come with one mouthpiece and one capsule. Any extras will be in addition to those.

For international customers, I can't ship batteries. If you order the full package it will be $10 less and without the battery.

I can't add more than one battery per vape, sorry. I might in the future but for now it has to be one per vape. If you need more I recommend LG HG2 which should be available elsewhere online, but there are others that are close or equal (maybe some even better?)

Please also let me know whether you prefer priority shipping ($7) or 1st class ($3) if you are domestic.

Marc

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Quick noob firewood question

So this unit has 4 temp settings?
can these be changed to user specific temps or are they preset fixed on the device

Thank you

whatitdew,
Reactions: vapen00b
Top Bottom