Firewood Vaporizer

visionaries

Did you give a swipe with alcohol before first use to ensure that the chamber was thoroughly clean?
No, I did not swipe it with alcohol first. I checked the instructions to make sure but it did not mention doing that before the first run at all.
I am more concerned though about what I inhaled, as my throat is somewhat irritated and feels pretty rough
Ill try to swab it with a bit of alcohol but probably wont give it another try until tomorrow.

visionaries,

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
I got my Firewood earlier today! Discharged it, then charged fully and used for 3 rounds so far. This thing hits awesome! You can really pull big rips off of this and it tastes great! It looks cool, feels good, I like the amount of herb it takes. I'm very happy with this purchase! Will definitely be taking this around with me. Was showing it to a buddy today and I'm pretty sure he's going to be ordering one as well! Oh yeah, cool special too! Where else can you get a third of the price off for doing something that was actually kind of fun! (as a one time thing on something you're going to use) I sanded it and coated it while it was charging, killed some time. Thanks Firewood awesome device! :tup:

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
No, I did not swipe it with alcohol first. I checked the instructions to make sure but it did not mention doing that before the first run at all.
I am more concerned though about what I inhaled, as my throat is somewhat irritated and feels pretty rough
Ill try to swab it with a bit of alcohol but probably wont give it another try until tomorrow.

While not provided in the instruction it is always good to give a cleaning to any vape before first use. Hopefully your issue will be resolved after doing such.

VaporEyes,
Reactions: Kief

visionaries

hmm, that is the first report I have had of anything like that. Can you describe the smell/taste? The only thing I can think of is that there may be some remaining sawdust. I blow out each unit with compressed air after sanding which normally get rid of any dust though. Did the vapor smell or taste like wood?
Thanks for the quick response! I did not smell the vapor when I first ran the unit. I have put about 3 loads through it so the smell could interfere.

I dumped the unit out completely and there is nothing in the heating chamber, but it still continues to put off some sort of vapor which appears to be coming from under the screen, but I could be mistaken as it is hard to see inside. I have heated it quite a few times to see if it was residual stuff from the first few loads but it is still giving some vapor off. The few loads of I ran gave off fat hits and tasted delicious at first, but quickly soon started to irritate my throat and give off a burnt taste..I was thinking It had just vaped the herb very quickly but the loads I ran through it were not fully vaporized after I dumped it out.

On another note, I love the way this thing looks and feels, and it is great to hold something made of wood!

visionaries,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Ok,
I picked one of the unfinished units up the day Firewood posted them for $80. When it arrived I was very pleased. It's a very well constructed vape. Looked amazing before and after I finished it. I used it everyday for a couple of days, just short of a week. It worked very well. Always giving me evenly deep brown abv. The flavor of the vapor is good. But there was a unfortunate turn when one of the glass pieces broke. So I contacted Firewood. He is a great guy, I shipped the damaged unit back and received my replacement unit today. Total turn around of 9 days that is including the weekend and Memorial Day. I think that is a very acceptable time frame. My new unfinished unit is charging and I will report more tomorrow. I will upload a picture of it after I get it finished. If your on the fence because you weren't satisfied with the MFLB , get it. I love my MFLB but the Firewood edges it out with the built in battery and glass vapor path. Thanks Marc :tup:

firewood

Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick response! I did not smell the vapor when I first ran the unit. I have put about 3 loads through it so the smell could interfere.

I dumped the unit out completely and there is nothing in the heating chamber, but it still continues to put off some sort of vapor which appears to be coming from under the screen, but I could be mistaken as it is hard to see inside. I have heated it quite a few times to see if it was residual stuff from the first few loads but it is still giving some vapor off. The few loads of I ran gave off fat hits and tasted delicious at first, but quickly soon started to irritate my throat and give off a burnt taste..I was thinking It had just vaped the herb very quickly but the loads I ran through it were not fully vaporized after I dumped it out.

On another note, I love the way this thing looks and feels, and it is great to hold something made of wood!
It is really hard for me to say what it is without seeing it. My guess is that you are combusting, but you mentioned that the avb doesn't look burnt? Is it possible that there is some burnt avb that didn't come out? Another thing just came to mind - is it possible that there is some beeswax that got into the window? (only possible if you have a finished unit). Feel free to send the unit back and i will either fix it or send a new one.

visionaries

It is really hard for me to say what it is without seeing it. My guess is that you are combusting, but you mentioned that the avb doesn't look burnt? Is it possible that there is some burnt avb that didn't come out? Another thing just came to mind - is it possible that there is some beeswax that got into the window? (only possible if you have a finished unit). Feel free to send the unit back and i will either fix it or send a new one.
Yes the ABV is definitely very full still and not combusted at all, is only slightly vaped. If I were accidentally combusting that would definitely explain it, but there is no sign of anything being burned or even close. Also, that would not explain the vapor produced with the unit empty when I hold down the button.
I have an unfinished unit and have not applied any oils to it. Also I could be mistaken but I don't believe any ABV has fallen down into the screen.
I am wondering what could have caused the harshness on my throat, as well as the vapor that was being put out before any herb material was loaded. Ill send you a message about soon, thanks for all your help Firewood!

visionaries,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yes the ABV is definitely very full still and not combusted at all, is only slightly vaped. If I were accidentally combusting that would definitely explain it, but there is no sign of anything being burned or even close. Also, that would not explain the vapor produced with the unit empty when I hold down the button.
I have an unfinished unit and have not applied any oils to it. Also I could be mistaken but I don't believe any ABV has fallen down into the screen.
I am wondering what could have caused the harshness on my throat, as well as the vapor that was being put out before any herb material was loaded. Ill send you a message about soon, thanks for all your help Firewood!

I don't know what other vapourizers you've tried, but any device with a short direct vapour path can be harsh on your throat.

farscaper

Yea, im gonna go check my bank acc and pull the trigger if the magic money fairy says I can.

farscaper,

farscaper

I just purchased mine through the firewood ebay source. said there was 3 in stock when i hit the buy it now button. hope to see it soon! :brow:

Edit: down to two!

farscaper,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I use a rubber band on mine too, mainly because I added a bit of silicon tubing to the mouthpiece, and it's added some weight, but it also secures the mouthpiece for using with glass.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: ogcook

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I used super fine steel wool to finish, then applied three coats of butcher block oil/ wax. Allowing 30 minutes to dry between coats. Used it a couple of times today, it's working great. Good even extraction. I am happy with my choice to get one. :tup:

xKMBkiu.jpg
JJfa6sR.jpg

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I have been out of the vaping scene for a bit and sold all my vapes.

Wanted to hop back in with a nice portable and was about to pull the trigger on an MFLB before I saw the firewood.

I just bought one of the unfinished guys and will post back on how it is once I get it and become acquainted. I am very excited for this vape :) not sure how I am going to load the glass tube though.. Any tips?

Also,, I hope it works well with very small loads as I wont have a lot of herbs, but only testing and time will be able to tell!

Elluzion,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I just remove the mouthpiece completely, tilt the opening towards my grinder and load a pinch at a time, usually 3 good sized pinches will be plenty. I just stuff it in then tamp it down with a small tool, but you could just plug the mouthpiece in and it would push the load down too.

jambandphan03,

farscaper

ive got VaporEyes working on an improved model of his polyimide capsules for the firewood. Hopefully i will hear back soon about this venture cause i think using them would keep the inside of the firewood vape spick and span!

farscaper,

visionaries

Talked to Marc from Firewood Vapes and he got everything straightened up for me! Awesome customer service...Again i have to say how much I love the look and feel of this vaporizer...It is the perfect size, and it is great to have a wooden vaporizer versus a plastic one..it just feels more legit! I cant really say it enough how cool it is to have a wooden vaporizer

On top of that, It means so much to me to spend my money towards something that is handcrafted and made in the U.S. by someone who designed it themselves, and is expanding their own company..Every day we "vote with our dollar" so put it where it matters!

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I just remove the mouthpiece completely, tilt the opening towards my grinder and load a pinch at a time, usually 3 good sized pinches will be plenty. I just stuff it in then tamp it down with a small tool, but you could just plug the mouthpiece in and it would push the load down too.

Thanks for the tip! The only thing I am curious about is how can you clean this thing completely? because wont some of the herbs get stuck in the inside. I guess I just don't understand the design completely, but it looks really awesome

Elluzion,

visionaries

Thanks for the tip! The only thing I am curious about is how can you clean this thing completely? because wont some of the herbs get stuck in the inside. I guess I just don't understand the design completely, but it looks really awesome
I too was curious about that. Whenever you really need to, iso swab would probably get a lot of stuff..but eventually won't the screen get somewhat clogged?

VaporEyes and a few others are working with these polyamide capsules, but I am always cautious to make sure they are completely safe (polyamide is acceptably safe up to a certain temperature though)

visionaries,

Trever

Got my firewood today!!! Looks amazing on the charger going to give it a test run after mowing the lawn is done! My guess is the screen probably wont get to clogged unless your grind is like the finishing grinder on mflb. But time will tell? i bet you could hold it upside down and use a few iso swabs with a qtip? Insuring none drips down inside the unit. Let me add Shipping was incredibly quick from michigan to utah in 3 days :D

Top Bottom