Firewood Vaporizer

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
Thanks for the fast reply! I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and try this out, I like more control and higher temps. I really want to still use my WT like you are. where do you get the food grade silicone soft tubing from?

Edit: I did pull the trigger! now I just need that tubing...guess I'll go to ace hardware? Unless you bought yours online and have a link? I just don't want to buy something online and not be able to fold it over like yours for use with the WT.

ZombiezAteMyD0G,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Go to this website... http://www.mcmaster.com , and copy/paste this number into the search window... 51135K28 it should take you to the order page and have a window ready for you to enter the feet, there is a 10 foot minimum to order on that size tubing. That company's check out system is a little different, you order with all your info, then they contact you via email with a total. I feel they are reasonable w/shipping charges, so far around $5.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
Go to this website... http://www.mcmaster.com , and copy/paste this number into the search window... 51135K28 it should take you to the order page and have a window ready for you to enter the feet, there is a 10 foot minimum to order on that size tubing. That company's check out system is a little different, you order with all your info, then they contact you via email with a total. I feel they are reasonable w/shipping charges, so far around $5.

Awesome! Thank you for your help!

ZombiezAteMyD0G,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So, I just took mine off the charger, and noticed that it felt really warm around the battery area. Is this normal?

jambandphan03,

visionaries

Hey Jambandphan! I am about to purchase one of these vapes myself, and I will get a rough unsanded one. Do you think I should bother buying the mineral oil finish with it, or just try to make my own like you did?

Edit: just decided I will do it myself. Hell, I have way too much coconut oil sitting around waiting to be used.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I'm really enjoying this vaporizer. So far if I were to attempt to compare it to any other I'd say it's closer to performing like the INH, only with out the automatic heat part. I have gotten used to loading it with out the mouthpiece guide hole, the weight of the extra tubing keeps it from sitting still when loading, so I just take it off.

Hey Jambandphan! I am about to purchase one of these vapes myself, and I will get a rough unsanded one. Do you think I should bother buying the mineral oil finish with it, or just try to make my own like you did?

Edit: just decided I will do it myself. Hell, I have way too much coconut oil sitting around waiting to be used.

:tup: seems to be working fine for me so far. If you can melt a small bit of beeswax into the coconut oil, it will add another layer of conditioning, doesn't take much.

This vape has a longer charge time than others I have used. Seems to take around 4-5 hours after a full drain, so that is good to keep in mind. I think I got spoiled using Li-on batteries which charge faster.

I am also finding that I have been enjoying using this one dry, the taste is so good. I usually have to add some water filtration in line to cool the vapor, but this one has such a clean taste, I have been happy using it with out a water tool.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:D thanks! Glad you like it! Yeah, as with most vapes, the first hit or two is mostly cooking off the moisture, but this thing produces clouds even on the first hit if you let it warm long enough. I am getting much better at timing the switch.

**edit
I also found, once it's hot and giving good solid vapor, I can keep hitting it without the switch activated and use the built up heat to keep getting more vapor, until it starts to cool back down.

Love me some cheese!! Wish the shows were not getting so expensive and crowded.

This is a very interesting vape. I would love to see it evolve to have user-replaceable batteries. Part of what I am trying to do is collect and only keep vapes around that will continue to function over a long time. I hate to buy stuff I know will just be tossed in the trash once it stops working. Being able to repair/replace parts is a huge plus. I am also growing fonder of wood vapes in general.

I'd also add a vote for offering a removable battery pack or sorts. I am assuming you are using 4 1.2v AA cells to get the 4.8v voltage? Would be great to have this removable as the cells won't last over 1000 cycles on average.

1828K,

I have a question though - replaceable batteries can mean two things to me - batery(s) that can be replaced, but not easily, after they are permanently dead, like a cell phone battery, or batteries that are meant to be swapped out often so you can go out with spare(s) for when the batteries run out. Which are you guys talking about?

Batteries that can be swapped out easily and often preferably.

1828K,

visionaries

This is a very interesting vape. I would love to see it evolve to have user-replaceable batteries. Part of what I am trying to do is collect and only keep vapes around that will continue to function over a long time. I hate to buy stuff I know will just be tossed in the trash once it stops working. Being able to repair/replace parts is a huge plus. I am also growing fonder of wood vapes in general.

I second that, I did not think about it, but this device will one day not charge. Either way, at the unfinished sale price, it is money well spent! Will my high ass even be able to keep up with this thing before the batteries give out for good? --Probably not :spliff: But definitely look at that for a future model Firewood!

Can't wait to get this little vape in the mail and try it out for myself, and I will come back with my own review/opinions on it. Maybe a video or something.
Just Ordered!

visionaries,

escierdanyc

I love the innovation of the Firewood. If it provided user-replaceable batteries, I'd definitely shell out the money for it. Knowing that the batteries will be losing it's power gradually as I own it, and not being able to replace them myself is a huge hindrance. The MFLB is so great because you can own four batteries, and always have a fresh one on hand; saving each batteries life span.

escierdanyc,

visionaries

Maybe he would be able to sell the batteries with instructions on how to replace them eventually..
Or perhaps in the future when these things start to die, they could be sent in and he could replace them himself. I would pay a reasonable fee for that. I have no idea how long it would take before the battery would start to cause trouble anyway I'ma just ramblin

visionaries,

Or perhaps in the future when these things start to die, they could be sent in and he could replace them himself. I would pay a reasonable fee for that. I have no idea how long it would take before the battery would start to cause trouble anyway I'ma just ramblin

Not a fan of the practice of not having user replaceable parts in items sold today. One of the biggest reasons I refuse to buy stuff with the Apple brand name on it.

satyrday

I miss my Firewood. I am sans vape at the moment. Would love to stroke her smooth wood sides.

satyrday,

firewood

Manufacturer
Maybe he would be able to sell the batteries with instructions on how to replace them eventually..
I'm with you all on the replaceable batteries issue. When I started tinkering with vaporizers I had my mind set on a design that would have replaceable batteries. However, the design also needs to incorporate so many other features and specifications into a small package that is very very hard to do everything and make it affordable. Ultimately I decided that is was better to go to market with a solid product than to work on the design forever or to have a product that didn't have a refined, finished look or was too bulky.

I think it will probably be possible for me to implement a service where you send me the unit and I replace the batteries for a fee or maybe more a of a "recycle" program where I take your unit and reuse and many of the internal components as possible. This means you would probably get new batteries and wooden shell. I still need to work this out though. As far as users replacing batteries, it is possible but would be very easy to ruin the unit if you don't know what you are doing. I'll think about it a bit (I still have some time:)

I am also looking into power supplies that would allow the unit to run off wall power which would make a dead battery unit at least usable at home.

Burn

Hello all,

Great info in this thread. I recently picked up a firewood and have a question for other firewood owners.

Has anyone had issues with the charger at all? When I plug mine in to an outlet w/o connecting it to the firewood, it's supposed to have a green light.... but mine doesn't light up at all.

When I attach the barrel end to the firewood, the red light does come on. But it never goes to green. I had it charging for 9 hours and it stayed red. (This was the 2nd charge after the initial charge)

The first initial charge out the box worked like a charm though. Only took 3.5 hours to charge. But now for the second charge, no green light at all.

Maybe a faulty charger?

Burn,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
This thing is really a joy to hold. Any wood lovers will certainly enjoy the craftsmanship. I got mine unfinished.

For version 2.0 ...custom woods...user replaceable batteries... Anyway I haven't even used it yet...too busy admiring it.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OMG!! You better get to using it quick!! :lol: it's been my go to vape when away from my desk (sometimes even when at my desk) and I love it!! I have been treating mine daily with the coconut oil/beeswax mix and it's looking great. I love how good the taste is, quick the warm up time is, and I agree, it does fit the palm well. I also discovered if turned upside down and connected to a bubbler, turn it so the curved side faces towards the fingers, grip, and the thumb naturally lands on the switch. I may have to make a vid to demonstrate :brow: I usually just run it dry, but have enjoyed a few rounds with a water tool.

visionaries

I received my Firewood vaporizer and have been using it for the past hour or so..

When I first charged it, I held the trigger down and gave it a little preheat for about 30 seconds or so, and there is vapor coming out. This is before putting any herb material into the vaporizer.
What is it that is giving off vapor if there isn't herb in it??

I went ahead and packed a few bowls in it anyway, and my throat is hurting really badly now. Is this due to the unknown vapor?

Again, what could be giving off this vapor before I even packed the first round? I am starting to wonder if it is the reason my throat is irritated after using the Firewood..thoughts?

visionaries,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I received my Firewood vaporizer and have been using it for the past hour or so..

When I first charged it, I held the trigger down and gave it a little preheat for about 30 seconds or so, and there is vapor coming out. This is before putting any herb material into the vaporizer.

I went ahead and packed a few bowls in it anyway, and my throat is hurting really badly now. Is this due to the unknown vapor?

Again, what could be giving off this vapor before I even packed the first round? I am starting to wonder if it is the reason my throat is irritated after using the Firewood..thoughts?

Did you give a swipe with alcohol before first use to ensure that the chamber was thoroughly clean?

VaporEyes,

firewood

Manufacturer

hmm, that is the first report I have had of anything like that. Can you describe the smell/taste? The only thing I can think of is that there may be some remaining sawdust. I blow out each unit with compressed air after sanding which normally get rid of any dust though. Did the vapor smell or taste like wood?

firewood,
Top Bottom