Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbm

I have about 4 old android phones that are doing nothing and are useless to me. But I use sometimes for a wifi only music/podcast player with a bluetooth speaker.

No cost to do so.....you do not need to have a cell carrier to use an old phone on wifi with google play on it to get apps.

I bought a cheap refurbished Android tablet from the bay awhile ago so that I could use the Ghost app. Think I spent 40 bucks. Downloaded and installed as many vaping apps as I could think of, just in case. I even downloaded a backup copy of the FF app, just in case Apple decides to go even further (I already had the FF app on my iPhone before the ban.)

Last edited:

uncanni

I have about 4 old android phones that are doing nothing and are useless to me. But I use sometimes for a wifi only music/podcast player with a bluetooth speaker. No cost to do so.....you do not need to have a cell carrier to use an old phone on wifi with google play on it to get apps.

Thank you!! I'm definitely looking into this.

Almost a week into my FF 2+ and I'm definitely digging it. A lot. The vape is just so cool; this has really minimized my coughs when I get a lil bit too much!!!!

Last edited:

learoydeetroy

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

Ok give me a minute, ill upload it. But the thing is that you need an Imazing app for you to install it. And a Mac OS device. Ill seed you a link for the firefly iOS app and the software for the installation

here you go!
this is Imazing https://1fichier.com/?34pee7jcv4unilvgdepf?af=93576
and here is the firefly app https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aj0OVNqMY2SRMT620_Wd10TSqXOCIrmQ/view?usp=sharing

here is how you do it

Cool deal.....nice of you to hook up all the i-users out there...was wondering if it was possible to do...me don't do i-stuff. lol

LabPong,

learoydeetroy

Cool deal.....nice of you to hook up all the i-users out there...was wondering if it was possible to do...me don't do i-stuff. lol
It is possible throw CydiaImpactor, but you will have to reinstall it every now and then. I’m talking about 2 days of use> reinstall. I think imaging is the way to go. Idk if it is available for windows, but I’ve heard that imaging is some kind of over written program of the other soft. Look it up. You have a firefly app file now after all!

learoydeetroy,

jbm

Ok give me a minute, ill upload it. But the thing is that you need an Imazing app for you to install it. And a Mac OS device. Ill seed you a link for the firefly iOS app and the software for the installation

here you go!
and here is the firefly app https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aj0OVNqMY2SRMT620_Wd10TSqXOCIrmQ/view?usp=sharing

here is how you do it
You don’t happen to have the ghost app as well? Do you have to jailbreak your phone to do this?

jbm,

learoydeetroy

You don’t happen to have the ghost app as well? Do you have to jailbreak your phone to do this?
For the method using Imazing no jailbreak needed. I do not have the ghost app, just firefly. Although if you know someone who has it installed you can easily get the app file using imazing too and then install it on your device.

learoydeetroy,

LitPot

here you go!

here is how you do it

I tried this and it said that my apple ID never had rights to the firefly app. Is there anyway around this?

LitPot,

Maryjanie

Ok dialed in now. FF2 with plus upgrades are a welcomed revision. I had to take my temps down some. I like 165C. Back to great taste and nice even ABV using my several taps after a rip method. Doing this I dont need to open up and stir.

I don't feel so out of breath no more. I can breathe. Loving it even more now.

Hi! I just came back to this thread bc, as much as I lov my FF2+, I got tired of opening and stirring and having uneven abv. I went back to my trusty ol' arizer. I've started missing the instant heat time of my FF though and I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong. Like, I just never found my sweet spot I dont guess. When you say you are tapping after a rip, do you mean every time you take a hit you are tapping? Where exactly are you tapping? Can you tell me what type of grind you're using and how tight/loose of a pack you are using? I'm gonna pull my FF back out and give it another go. Thank you so much!

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

jbm

Hi! I just came back to this thread bc, as much as I lov my FF2+, I got tired of opening and stirring and having uneven abv. I went back to my trusty ol' arizer. I've started missing the instant heat time of my FF though and I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong. Like, I just never found my sweet spot I dont guess. When you say you are tapping after a rip, do you mean every time you take a hit you are tapping? Where exactly are you tapping? Can you tell me what type of grind you're using and how tight/loose of a pack you are using? I'm gonna pull my FF back out and give it another go. Thank you so much!
I grind coarse, or sometimes I’ll even just break up the herb with my fingers. I load the bowl so that it’s within the bowl but piled up a bit above the surface of the glass. This way putting the lid on compresses it slightly.

I don’t tap, but I will take a dab tool or pick and stir it a bit. Personally, I don’t get why stirring is such a big deal. It doesn’t bother me. It’s part of the whole ritual.

jbm,
Reactions: dimmusp

buckhakeesah

Tap after every hit to get a good mixture. I use a medium grind. I use my interplanetary grinder. Fill the bowl just enough so theres room for the herb to be able to move around when tapping it after each hit. Dont pack too much and I dont tamp my load. You want room to be able to get your ABV to dance around and mix. With this technique , I can get good ABV without ever opening up my lid and can temp step up and down all I want to get as dark as I prefer.

I grind coarse, or sometimes I’ll even just break up the herb with my fingers. I load the bowl so that it’s within the bowl but piled up a bit above the surface of the glass. This way putting the lid on compresses it slightly.

I don’t tap, but I will take a dab tool or pick and stir it a bit. Personally, I don’t get why stirring is such a big deal. It doesn’t bother me. It’s part of the whole ritual.
I load my bowls like his. A light fluffy pile a little over the lid to sanchwich the load down is fine. The bud will shrink as you vape it and so there will be just enough room for the ABV to mix around after several hits. I start at a lower temp and ramp up as needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maryjanie

I dont care for it to be in my ritual. Lol. I want to toke and go. Nah. Usually I'm trying to take a quick hit when everyone walks outta the room or whatever. Frequent stirring is PIA under my circumstances. If I weren't trying to be stealthy in my own home it wouldn't matter. It's easier to heat my arizerand step in the bathroom and take a few hits or whatever without having to stir. The FF2+ smells when you open it to stir which defeats the purpose of stealth.
Tap after every hit to get a good mixture. I use a medium grind. I use my interplanetary grinder. Fill the bowl just enough so theres room for the herb to be able to move around when tapping it after each hit. Dont pack too much and I dont tamp my load. You want room to be able to get your ABV to dance around and mix. With this technique , I can get good ABV without ever opening up my lid and can temp step up and down all I want to get as dark as I prefer.
Thank you for detailing this for me.

Maryjanie,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Djsleepy

Well I just wanted to say to those that don't know me ....I just came from the ghost closing (prior to that haze ugh!) And was struggling between a.mighty and firefly2+.....got a good deal on mighty and like it so far but I was .concerned of the state.of.the vaping industry so I have just purchased a Firefly2+ with 2 batteries,external charger , and mouthpieces....so looking forward to reading thru thread....and trying my other new toy!

Vaponatic

Well I just wanted to say to those that don't know me ....I just came from the ghost closing (prior to that haze ugh!) And was struggling between a.mighty and firefly2+.....got a good deal on mighty and like it so far but I was .concerned of the state.of.the vaping industry so I have just purchased a Firefly2+ with 2 batteries,external charger , and mouthpieces....so looking forward to reading thru thread....and trying my other new toy!

Such a shame about Ghost! Although I’m sure most of us saw it coming.

I’m sure you’re going to love the FF2+, but one thing I will say is that (coming from the MV1) it may not quite satisfy your tolerance.

For the past week I’ve been nailing down my Ghost technique and have been absolutely loving it!! But now whenever I reach for my Firefly, while I enjoy it, it just doesn’t seem to compare to the dense, plentiful and smooth clouds of vapour the Ghost can produce.

Still, the Firefly is a fantastic device and will always hold a place in my rotation. I just find it better for microdosing at the moment - although, for anyone else reading this, this wasn’t an issue before I got my Ghost.

Last edited:

LitPot

Has anyone tried using the concentration pad to microdose with herb? Basically use it to take up more space so you need less?

LitPot,

someTooL

Welcome @Djsleepy

These days I use the FF2+ for times when I have some really tasty flower....otherwise I’ve been strictly using for concentrates.

For me when using flower I treat like smoking a bowl. I stir after every hit and temp step after every two pulls, starting at 4 and end at 6. Flavor lasts little longer and even extraction. Experiment with grind/strain. I’ve had some that work better when grind and other strains when just finger pulled.

I don’t have a rig and use the FF2+ for my concentrate need/use. I think this is where the true potential comes out. Only issue I’m having now is the FF website has been sold out of concentrate pads for quite a while now. Side note, StickyBrick pads fits but are thicker and don’t give as much clearance.

buckhakeesah

Herbalizer pads fit well but are a bit spongy. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

buckhakeesah,

LabPong

Herbalizer pads fit well but are a bit spongy. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

After you use the stock ones often and clean them in ISO.......they start to de-compress and get slightly larger. When this happens...I found they do not keep the trates inside them cooking as long. With them compacted..they hold stuff in better......helps keep it cleaner.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey I know you from the other threads! :lol: I hope you enjoy your FF2. Like the MV, it's kinda fussy, but provides outstanding flavor and vapor once you get the hang of it. Definitely yell if you have questions or issues...between everyone in this thread there should be a sufficient knowledge base.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: dimmusp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom