• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dron19

Thanks mitchgo61, I never really quit, I read a lot of Good post in here, I just don’t post a lot myself.
This red unit is effectively stunning, I honestly dream since the release of the firefly 2 of a all red special edition unit, kinda like their jet black but red.
I had stored this unit since the release of the firefly 2, and I had forgotten how Good it work! it's like a collector's item !

Nobody got Info on the Firefly 2 mini Vape-pen I talk in my last post ? I’m kinda curious about that one!
I haven't seen anything about a minivape pen? That'd be interesting

dron19,
Reactions: ElPic

Vaporcussion

OK, so I've always been frustrated with the 10 degree increment jumps; and now that you can change temp on the device, they are forcing us into 20 increment jumps?
Let us choose the temps of our button presses! I would keep it all in a low range, 320, 330, 340, 350, 360, 370. An easy app update!

Vaporcussion,

Modicum

Always careful with iso & the gasket but my 2yr old FF2 gasket is starting to come detached right above the the lid window. Is there any thing I can do to remedy this?

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I've never heard of a solution once this happens ... i just always made sure to press firmly into position on the lid and then make sure you have a good seal by pressing all around the perimeter of the lid once its in place

NYC_Frank,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Always careful with iso & the gasket but my 2yr old FF2 gasket is starting to come detached right above the the lid window. Is there any thing I can do to remedy this?
I've never heard of a solution once this happens ... i just always made sure to press firmly into position on the lid and then make sure you have a good seal by pressing all around the perimeter of the lid once its in place
New lid...
Yep. Requires a lid replacement, unfortunately.

Milo

I just got a new iPhone to replace my 6s, which wasn't holding much of a charge, and I initially thought I might be able to copy the Firefly app over since phone-to-phone migration was added a version or two ago. No such luck. The icon shows up but it can't be reinstalled on the new phone.

So, I'm wondering: is there anything I should do with the Firefly app on the old phone before I wipe it and lose it? The firmware is up to date.

Milo,

someTooL

Still have the app on my phone but haven’t used it for a while now. I was wondering the same because an updated phone is in my future too.

Other than making sure the firmware is updated, how about the calibration setting? I changed mine at first but then put it back at factory shortly thereafter.

someTooL,
Reactions: Milo

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I just got a new iPhone to replace my 6s, which wasn't holding much of a charge, and I initially thought I might be able to copy the Firefly app over since phone-to-phone migration was added a version or two ago. No such luck. The icon shows up but it can't be reinstalled on the new phone.

So, I'm wondering: is there anything I should do with the Firefly app on the old phone before I wipe it and lose it? The firmware is up to date.
I agree. Ensure it’s on the latest firmware and set the temp and calibration where you like it.

Unfortunately Apple has caved to the anti-vaping hysteria bullshit and removed all vape-related apps.:mad:

mitchgo61,

kalel

Noticed you don't see much advertising or info on twitter from these guys anymore. The little you see on instagram is from users complaining. I can't see this company going beyond 1 more year at this rate. Unless they come out with a FF3 that knocks all the compeition out of the water and is much healthier

kalel,

learoydeetroy

I haven't seen anything about a minivape pen? That'd be interesting
extraLarge_cfe760cc-a142-4c1c-bb5a-7fba298ffc54.png
8co09iglyfv21.jpg

Hello mates I have thy info. Its called a firefly mini 300

floribud

OK, so I've always been frustrated with the 10 degree increment jumps; and now that you can change temp on the device, they are forcing us into 20 increment jumps?
Let us choose the temps of our button presses! I would keep it all in a low range, 320, 330, 340, 350, 360, 370. An easy app update!
I'm curious why were you frustrated with the 10 degree jumps. I dont think there's much of a difference between 350 and say 360. The FF (and all vapes I've tried except maybe a Volcano Hybrid) are not THAT accurate. I mean I can get my 2+ to blow clouds when I set it to 250. So I would take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Actually there is something you can do. In iTunes you used to be able to copy Apps to your computer. I don't know how the current Apple software works, but your problem is you didn't back up your Apps locally, instead your backup was just a list of the Apps on your phone and an order for Apple to re-download them. I don't know if the current Apple Software can still do a complete local backup, but that is what you need to do. BUT, the reason I don't know if the Apple App can do a complete backup is that I gave up on Apple and I use great 3d party App called iMazing that does this really easily. In fact after you look at iMazing's feature you'll be like "wtf Apple why is all this not standard"

https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-transfer-data-from-an-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch-to-another-device

So you should be okay as long as you updated your Firefly App to the current version on your 6+? If you have an older version of the App it probably won't run. But if it was the last version FF made, it will work fine.

Finally I guess you missed the announcement about the $29 battery upgrades Apple was offering for the 6+. Right now it's $49, but it will be just like new.

Hello mates I have thy info. Its called a firefly mini 300

Mark Williams talked about the upcoming oil vape on Brave New Weed back in June. Apparently it will operate at 430º. I mean that's fine for me I use many oils in my Pax Era at 430º, however some oils just don't work well at that temp. Will be interesting if the FF crew can actually produce satisfactory amounts of cannabinoids and terps in 430º aerosol. But regardless I'm sure it will be like the Pax with just pre-filled pods, and I'm sure they will be delicious and the will cost a small fortune(compared to syringes).
https://www.bravenewweed.com/all-episodes/ep55

**hey Mods look! I learned how to multi-quote:rockon:

LabPong

Not really.., the app made changing temps super simple but it is pretty easy to change the temp on the ff2+ using the sensors instead

But you do not get he micro adjustment with the buttons vs. the app.

LabPong,

uncanni

FF2+ arrived yesterday. PROS:

The vapor is amazingly cool; I have never experienced anything like it. The Ghost MV1 seemed quite hot in comparison and always had me coughing, but this vape has such a great air pathway: all I feel is cool on inhalation. A slow, long inhale is definitely smoother than a speeded-up inhale.

The convection high is great; it's like a big cloud of vapor expanding in my head. I'll be testing my first impression of a "broader, more synergistic" high to see if I keep this impression. If it's true what they say about a long, slow draw slowly raising the temperature, thereby allowing for a progressive extraction of different cannabinoids and terpinoids at different temperatures, that's a cool thing.

Very easy to clean. The opposite of the Ghost MV1.

CONS or I'm not sure yet:

Sensors are a little tricky to master. My first impression is that they only respond to certain fingers and not to others...???

I wonder how long the battery lasts: 50 charges? 100 charges? 300 charges?

Like some folks on this topic, their rhetoric and what I consider a semi-user-unfriendly website turn me off. A lil too slick for me. They advise you to register product for warranty, but I couldn't find where to register it.

Replacement shit be expensive: battery 30 bucks, 2 plastic mouthpieces 10 bucks, makes me skeptical... I wanna know how long the battery lasts.

Immediate Conclusions:
I finally really understand what an on-demand vape session is, and how conduction heating works. This vaporizer allows me the luxury of getting nice and ripped on 2-3 hits, and then coming back 45 minutes later. To the same bowl. In effect, it's a lot less work (not so much loading, emptying and re-loading), which makes bud last longer. Further testing is required to see if this initial impression is accurate.

I think I was confused by all the rhetoric about "hybrid vapes, convection and conduction," but I think those vapes are really session vapes: it's best to finish off what's in the bowl. At least that's my experience with my Arizer Solo II and my Pax 3: not too tasty to come back to later without a fresh re-load.

LabPong

FF2+ arrived yesterday. PROS:

The vapor is amazingly cool; I have never experienced anything like it. The Ghost MV1 seemed quite hot in comparison and always had me coughing, but this vape has such a great air pathway: all I feel is cool on inhalation. A slow, long inhale is definitely smoother than a speeded-up inhale.

The convection high is great; it's like a big cloud of vapor expanding in my head. I'll be testing my first impression of a "broader, more synergistic" high to see if I keep this impression. If it's true what they say about a long, slow draw slowly raising the temperature, thereby allowing for a progressive extraction of different cannabinoids and terpinoids at different temperatures, that's a cool thing.

Very easy to clean. The opposite of the Ghost MV1.

CONS or I'm not sure yet:

Sensors are a little tricky to master. My first impression is that they only respond to certain fingers and not to others...???

I wonder how long the battery lasts: 50 charges? 100 charges? 300 charges?

Like some folks on this topic, their rhetoric and what I consider a semi-user-unfriendly website turn me off. A lil too slick for me. They advise you to register product for warranty, but I couldn't find where to register it.

Replacement shit be expensive: battery 30 bucks, 2 plastic mouthpieces 10 bucks, makes me skeptical... I wanna know how long the battery lasts.

Immediate Conclusions:
I finally really understand what an on-demand vape session is, and how conduction heating works. This vaporizer allows me the luxury of getting nice and ripped on 2-3 hits, and then coming back 45 minutes later. To the same bowl. In effect, it's a lot less work (not so much loading, emptying and re-loading), which makes bud last longer. Further testing is required to see if this initial impression is accurate.

I think I was confused by all the rhetoric about "hybrid vapes, convection and conduction," but I think those vapes are really session vapes: it's best to finish off what's in the bowl. At least that's my experience with my Arizer Solo II and my Pax 3: not too tasty to come back to later without a fresh re-load.

I found that if the power light does not come on when putting your finger(s) on the buttons....lightly wet your fingers to help your bodies electrostatic flow to the switch better. And sometimes you might need to clean the buttons off with some ISO.....resin gets on mine often as I load with my fingers normally....and I grow...and stuff....lol

I would def. get a second battery. I normally get maybe 3-4 sessions on one charge. But depends on time on the heater in all. It is a small maH cell....I think 770mah is all.

Taste is the best if you stir after each draw with flower. Also, use whole bud sections..do not grind. After your 2 draw or so...it will break down quickly anyway. It is also easier to clean and stir with non ground herbs.

Also, if you do use some...this vape excels at concentrates with the pad. For pressed flower rosin..it is my go to vape!

uncanni

I found that if the power light does not come on when putting your finger(s) on the buttons....lightly wet your fingers to help your bodies electrostatic flow to the switch better. And sometimes you might need to clean the buttons off with some ISO.....resin gets on mine often as I load with my fingers normally....and I grow...and stuff....lol

I would def. get a second battery. I normally get maybe 3-4 sessions on one charge. But depends on time on the heater in all. It is a small maH cell....I think 770mah is all.

Taste is the best if you stir after each draw with flower. Also, use whole bud sections..do not grind. After your 2 draw or so...it will break down quickly anyway. It is also easier to clean and stir with non ground herbs.

Also, if you do use some...this vape excels at concentrates with the pad. For pressed flower rosin..it is my go to vape!

Thanks for tips on the sensors!!!

I read how many sessions one battery charge gives, that's not my question. How long does a battery last? One year? Six months? 100 charges? 300 charges. A whole nother question.

uncanni,

LabPong

Thanks for tips on the sensors!!!

I read how many sessions one battery charge gives, that's not my question. How long does a battery last? One year? Six months? 100 charges? 300 charges. A whole nother question.

Oh....it's lifespan of use. Though it could be hindered by poor use and care, it should last a good 1-2 years of normal use. I have some that are 3 years old and are probably at 80-90% compared to new.

But....you will worry about needing another battery more because of how much use per each charge. So if you get one or even two spares....then they should last longer with less use if you cycle them. This is pretty much what most of us do with other vapes especially ones that use normal 18650 cells.

uncanni

I found the answer on the FF website re: overall life of battery. It was kind of hidden in Support FAQ--"The LED light blinks red..."

To test your battery’s health, make sure it’s fully charged. Then note how many hits you are able to get from a fully charged battery. If you’re getting less than two bowls out of a fully charged battery, it may be time to replace it. If you’d like to track the life of your battery, the Firefly 2+ battery is manufactured to be at 70% capacity after 300 full charges.

uncanni

Does anyone know a work around for getting the app on an iPhone?
I'd definitely like to know that, too. I'm also calling and emailing Apple and telling them that if they don't put back the apps for medicinal cannabis vapers, I'm switching to android. They're such idiots.

uncanni,

LabPong

Does anyone know a work around for getting the app on an iPhone?

I'd definitely like to know that, too. I'm also calling and emailing Apple and telling them that if they don't put back the apps for medicinal cannabis vapers, I'm switching to android. They're such idiots.

I can say...I would be bummed if I did not have the app for my FF2's. I would ask your friends and such if they use android...most of us android users...have many old phones in drawers that would work great for a simple control pad for your vapes.

LabPong,
Reactions: uncanni

uncanni

I can say...I would be bummed if I did not have the app for my FF2's. I would ask your friends and such if they use android...most of us android users...have many old phones in drawers that would work great for a simple control pad for your vapes.

Wouldn't you have to pay for 2 phones then?

I say call Apple and voice your protest. Medical Cannabis users need the apps back. Vaporizing bud has nothing to do with the hyperemesis shit.

uncanni,

LabPong

Wouldn't you have to pay for 2 phones then?

I say call Apple and voice your protest. Medical Cannabis users need the apps back. Vaporizing bud has nothing to do with the hyperemesis shit.

I have about 4 old android phones that are doing nothing and are useless to me. But I use sometimes for a wifi only music/podcast player with a bluetooth speaker.

No cost to do so.....you do not need to have a cell carrier to use an old phone on wifi with google play on it to get apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom