Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

someTooL

Which seller is offering this discount?

The firefly.com official site

Edit: Add that it only applied to the device and not accessories. They had no add on batteries to be purchased either. Was told they would be restocked 1-2 weeks for those.

Last edited:
someTooL,
Reactions: twigs

someTooL

Received my FF2+ today. Still in the early stages of playing around with it but initial reaction is very positive. I was able to pull nice vapor (tasty AF). I felt the need to clean it after the second load. I’m kinda that guy though, but with just two loads it was rather sticky along the vapor path.

Starting temp was 390f then I stepped it after two hits to 400 then finished at 420. Around 6 hits (at my convenience). After the 3rd bowl (yes I’m baked now) battery was at 50%. AVP was still looking good, but a couple small darker spots.

All in all a pretty good initial experience and definitely looking forward to more experimenting.

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
Received my FF2+ today.
All in all a pretty good initial experience and definitely looking forward to more experimenting.
I received mine today too... and I’m IN LOVE with my Firefly again. I own all 3 models, so have been through the learning curve multiple times and done all the experimenting. Perhaps that’s why I feel as though this new model requires less (or even no) learning. I had been struggling with my FF2 after the firmware upgrade. It seemed to lengthen the battery life, but I felt that it also degraded the heat cycle. Airflow restriction on the 2+ feels tighter to me, but that may be b/c the magnetic seal on the lid seems to be stronger. So ... I definitely agree “All in all a pretty good initial experience”!

BangBoomBang

I finally had this device available in Germany and tried it for two days now.

I. Love. It.

And it beats the Ghost MV1 in some points.

Pro:
- Vaping is pure joy and the vape is not as aggressive to the throat as with the Ghost. The cooling system does a better job, it seems to me.
- Maintenance is so easy compared to the Ghost. Wipe the lid, wipe the chamber and device. Done. With the Ghost you have to clean like 8 parts and dissamble and assemble it again.
- It's lightweight and compact.

Cons:
- Small battery life. The Ghost lasts me several days with one charge, the Firefly is empty after one evening.
- The chamber is bigger and my overall consumption is higher. I can live with one to two crucibles an evening with the Ghost and it feels like the Firefly takes about two crucibles in one loading.
- Many people dislike Ghosts features how to set the temperature on the device and the Firefly is even worse. You need the app to control that thing, which is ok, but still feels somehow odd to me.

I bought them both for one reason: flexibility.

I didn't want to take the Ghost outside to a concert or something and thought the smaller and lighter Firefly would be a better option, BUT the Ghost is better when it comes to flexibility when you're not at home.

Smoking certain herbs is illegal where I live and I don't want to hide on the toilet to load my device. Using the crucibles of the Ghost seems a better option here. And the Firefly is not a discreet device. I mean, c'mon, there even is a window in it showing the world, what you are doing... so I will take the Ghost outside and keep the Firefly at home, since it's more fun to me.

Yeah there's no real trick to getting the screen in.

There is!

I was struggling at first and was like: "WTF? What's wrong with this thing?" but then I watched there video and the trick is:

1. Pay attention to the bend (obviously). If you don't do that, it will never get in.
2. Don't try to push it back in "flat". You have to reassemble it inclined, like first on the one side, till it hits the back and than push the other side and it will fit right in.
Like it said here at 0:14: "Push it back, one side at a time!".

Works for me!

Last edited:

Modicum

I now have an ff2 & ff2+ Do I need 2 get an additional app for the ff2+?
It seems only 1 device at a time on their app. That’s pretty fucked up if so. Anyone know?

Modicum,

LabPong

I now have an ff2 & ff2+ Do I need 2 get an additional app for the ff2+?
It seems only 1 device at a time on their app. That’s pretty fucked up if so. Anyone know?

The app will see any FF you have......it only allows use of one at a time. You can select which one you want to use when they are activated by touching the fire buttons so it sets off the connection to your phone.

Modicum

Thanks Lab, I understand that , but other apps are open to more than one. The new ownership should reward their loyal customers with convenience for having more than one in the first place. I really don't think I'm asking for much.

Modicum,
Reactions: dron19

LabPong

Thanks Lab, I understand that , but other apps are open to more than one. The new ownership should reward their loyal customers with convenience for having more than one in the first place. I really don't think I'm asking for much.

Maybe I do not understand what you are trying to do with the app. Are you using 2 or more FF's at the same time and need to use the app to adjust or look at something on each one?

LabPong,

Modicum

I would like the opportunity to register a FF2 & FF2+ both to the same app. and be able to switch from one to another. Do I need to download a second app for a second FF ? Thanks for your time.

Modicum,

jbm

I contacted Firefly support about this issue, and this is what they said:

In regards to handling multiple devices with the app, the app is able to detect multiple devices at once! This also means, however, that you will only be able to tune one device at a time. To detect multiple devices, simply just activate the device briefly when the app is searching for devices! You will then be able to disconnect any device and reconnect another!

BangBoomBang

A question to the battery life.

It lasts like one evening with like... 15 to 20 pulls of about 8 to 12 seconds per pull.

Is this correct?

BangBoomBang,

twigs

Pay no mind to those voices in my head
I Purchased my firefly 2+ early October. Within a week the battery they shipped with it went South (solid red light in external charger). Today Customer Service called me to tell me they were shipping me a replacement battery. All in all it seems Customer Service has improved!

Majordude2626

I heard apple banned all vaping apps, does that mean if the app is deleted off my phone I will not be able to install it again. Can someone remind me how to change temp without app?

I read another article that said existing users can continue to use and download on new devices. So if you got it then you are good if using apple products.

Last edited:
Majordude2626,

Tranquility

I heard apple banned all vaping apps, does that mean if the app is deleted off my phone I will not be able to install it again. Can someone remind me how to change temp without app?

https://www.thefirefly.com/media/FF2Plus-UserManual-V4.pdf

Heating Control: From Device•Press and hold the right button.•Tap the left button 3 times quickly, just like checking the temperature (while still holding the right button).•This puts the Firefly 2+ into “temperature setting” mode.•The LED blinks red 1 to 7 times, to indicate what the current set temperature is.•Tap the left button again (while still holding the right button) now sets the temperature to:IMPORTANT: Concentrates setting will cause combustion if used with loose leaf material!

1 320
2 340
3 360
4 380
5 400
6 420
7 500

someTooL

https://www.thefirefly.com/media/FF2Plus-UserManual-V4.pdf

Heating Control: From Device•Press and hold the right button.•Tap the left button 3 times quickly, just like checking the temperature (while still holding the right button).•This puts the Firefly 2+ into “temperature setting” mode.•The LED blinks red 1 to 7 times, to indicate what the current set temperature is.•Tap the left button again (while still holding the right button) now sets the temperature to:IMPORTANT: Concentrates setting will cause combustion if used with loose leaf material!

1 320
2 340
3 360
4 380
5 400
6 420
7 500

I thought this was going to be so tedious when I first got the FF and only used the app. Month later and I haven’t even opened the app lol (not saying the apps bad, it’s very nice). The controls just become so intuitive. Now, if I laid this down for 6 months and picked it back up I may have some difficulty remembering controls and what settings I liked for sure. There’s a pdf owners manual on their site you can save too https://www.thefirefly.com/media/FF2Plus-UserManual-V4.pdf

dron19

I thought this was going to be so tedious when I first got the FF and only used the app. Month later and I haven’t even opened the app lol (not saying the apps bad, it’s very nice). The controls just become so intuitive. Now, if I laid this down for 6 months and picked it back up I may have some difficulty remembering controls and what settings I liked for sure.
My dream would be to not have sensors on the side but 2 actual buttons. Sometimes the sensors are finicky on my units but only when changing temps... turns on/off super easy... no trouble sensing my fingers

ElPic

Take my money
Since my first OG Firefly, I always deal with their customer service by email and I have never been impressed by the way dealing with me, especially if I compare the service I received at Storz & Bickel for exemple!
But this week I contacted them by phone to proceed to a upgrade of my FF2 for a 2+, the experience was completely different, I was really well served and all these settle in a few minutes! The even offer me to ship my unit to one of their Canadian distributor to save some shipping cost, and they charge me nothing for the upgrade even if my unit is no longer under warranty, since I buy it on launch date. The only thing I have to pay was shipping to Vapeworld Canadian office. I’m really impressed!!
But by contacting their phone line I notice something in their phone menu, when you call they say « press 1 for firefly 1, 2 and 2+ customer service... and 2 for Firefly Mini recycled Vapor pen Customer service » .... but Never heard nothing about a firefly vape pen :hmm: ? Is that something coming out soon?
While I wait for the return of my 2+ upgraded unit, I started using again my OG firefly.... I had forgotten how this unit performed well and that it’s more free flow than my FF2!
Can’t wait to try that 2+!
1573836201-11ff997f-1883-49b1-9fb4-addd9ad08c95.jpeg

ElPic

Take my money
Thanks mitchgo61, I never really quit, I read a lot of Good post in here, I just don’t post a lot myself.
This red unit is effectively stunning, I honestly dream since the release of the firefly 2 of a all red special edition unit, kinda like their jet black but red.
I had stored this unit since the release of the firefly 2, and I had forgotten how Good it work! it's like a collector's item !

Nobody got Info on the Firefly 2 mini Vape-pen I talk in my last post ? I’m kinda curious about that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom