Filtered 'bowl' vapes

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Received my 14.4mm glass Vapo Bowl today.

The bowl is a little larger than that of the metal Vapo Bowl with the screen placed below the pinches, but it still works well with the same amounts of weed. Cap is just slightly taller as well but less than a mm. Airflow is a little less restricted compared to my metal Vapo Bowl, much to my likings. The GG doesn't match my Ehle diffused downstem as well as I would like though, I hope it'll just need a little more wearing but it feels a little loose right now. Not to impressed by the overall look and feel of the glass bowl btw, but it works well and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in there now (and it still feels like it is new-vape-day even though I've already been using a metal Vapo Bowl for the last few days, lol).

I'm using a standard SSV screen in mine btw. Seems to work ok but I think it could be a little larger.

I've been vaping since December last year now. Started with an SSV and moved to an Arizer Solo as my daily driver a few months ago. I find it a little ironic that I only just tried a lighter based vape for the first time a few days ago oppose to starting with one -which seems to make more sense to me in hindsight- but it seems like this will be my new daily driver for a while. I really like vaping this way with the glass & the water and a huge freaking flame (been looking in to torches and I really want one of those Blazer GB2001's and/or a Iroda PT 220 now!). But it's not just the tinkering with the toys, the vapor is so dense and satisfying while these Vapo Bowls still seem to be pretty efficient with consumption at the same time. The only thing I have noticed is that my throat is a little irritated right now. Not sure if it's because of the heat that comes with this way of vaping or that I just caught a cold, might be a little of both. I am a little curious though, have throat problems in combination with lighter based vaping ever been discussed before on this boards? It's still been only a relatively short time that I've been on here so I assume there's a lot about this subject here that I still haven't found.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I don't think I've seen it mentioned in this thread before, I just came across this:

ceramic vapobowl

Unfortunately it's out of stock, but did you guys know about this one existing and has anyone here ever tried one?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
That is pure crap.. check the little known vapes thread there was something similar.. like VG but with ceramic filter..

Abysmal Vapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I made the mistake of buying this for about $10 Looks the same to me except for the pipe part.

PP2.jpg

Total garbage. I wouldn't even use it as a paperweight.

:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I noticed those in the little known vapes thread and thought they look a lot alike but was put off because they use vapobowl in the name on the website I linked. I hoped it was perhaps just another version made by the makers of the Vapo Bowl but I guess not, never mind then.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Abysmal Vapor said:
The bowl of the 18 mm is IMO just as big as the metal vapo bowl inside. It is the metal cap that is the huge thing.. I even saw that you can buy cap only at some retailers.. I use my cap on one of my mw bowl.. On a mw hookah adaptor.. On a carbon filter adaptor :) .. The cap fits perfectly in any 18 mm hole . So If i had the cap i would save my money on the glass version beacuse there is nothing special about the bowl.

I've recently bought a small size Ehle cylindrical bowl and a no name colored glass bowl and both happen to fit the Vapo Bowl cap nicely. The thing is both bowls don't have any pinches to keep a screen in place which make them a bit a fiddly to use. Would you happen to have any tips how to get a screen to stay in place in one of those bowl perhaps? I really like how they look and feel, but they're kind of a pain to use right now. I've never tried a glass screen btw, would those work better you think? The biggest problem I have right now is having the screen stay in place while stirring a bowl.

My Iroda/Pro-Torch/Solder-it PT 220 is fucking awesome btw, it's so nice to be able to operate a torch this size with just one hand easily. I think I may have to shoot my first FC video with it just to show you guys how convenient it is to use. I also had success heating the Vapo Bowl cap for about 20 seconds and then draw a huge cloud from it without having my torch anywhere near it, kinda like a SV one hitter. Anyone else tried using it this way?

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

i have a glass screen :) on my vapo bowl it stand perfectly on those 3 bump insiide :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ok, I need to see a picture of yours now (with and without the glass screen please).

Mine has 4 pinches.. :rolleyes:

How do you use it with your MW bowl, or does that have a regular screen?

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Bananiq said:
Wow, You said GVB has same taste and provides denser hits than Magickwand and GVG also? Interesting,
But I would say GVG with HD Vape is superior to GVB tastewise. Well to my misfortune I smeared my GVB top with some plastic matter which I couldnt removed. So I heated it red-hot and look what happened:
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1949/1001740v.th.jpg

Haha,, well at least I was able to heat every part separately and clean it afterwards.. The chrome finish is gone. My star-shaped metal plate is bowed outside a little because of improved airflow. If u managed to get apart your metal top as I did, dont forget to heat only the very top part with the inserted star-plate (to stretch it out a little) and then insert the O-ring part. Because otherwise u wouldnt be able to assemble it again.

After just a month of daily use mine fell apart too yesterday :(

After a hit I was taking the cap of the bowl with my tweezers and the metal ring just fell off and stayed in the bowl. I pressed everything together again with a tool I don't know the english name for, but it falls apart again every time I heat it. Luckily I have a spare, still kinda sucks though.

Would anyone know of a save way of welding this together permanently, or should I just stock up on extra caps or switch to a Vapocane?

OhTheAgony,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ i am sorry to hear this because i have just recently discovered the joys of the vapobowl. this is by far the fastest way to vape i have found. a session can be over in less than 2 mins - thats packing, vaping, and cleanup!

OTA:
My Iroda/Pro-Torch/Solder-it PT 220 is fucking awesome btw, it's so nice to be able to operate a torch this size with just one hand easily. I think I may have to shoot my first FC video with it just to show you guys how convenient it is to use. I also had success heating the Vapo Bowl cap for about 20 seconds and then draw a huge cloud from it without having my torch anywhere near it, kinda like a SV one hitter. Anyone else tried using it this way?

20 seconds would lead to combustion easily with my set up. i only need 3 seconds heatup time, then i start inhaling and i continue to heat (holding torch on a 45 angle so only the tip of the flame goes just above the hole) for another 3 sec or so, continue to inhale, take the lid off with and then clear the tube. i get massive clouds a few seconds slower than someone actually smoking a bowl!

i tried a vapocane when i first learned about vaporizing - it was good, but it didn't provide the results i wanted - i guess i wasn't really sure what i wanted at the time anyways, but i bought it cause it was a good deal and i knew i could sell it if i had to. bottom line is i would stick with the vapobowl, simply because its faster and more robust, and i like the screen pinches in the vapobowl.

notmyrealUSERname,
I'm very sorry that your vapobowl top came apart. Maybe it has to do with how hot you were heating it Ohtheagony, I think it was you who mentioned heating it enough to get hits from the retained heat - a pretty cool idea.

Funny you should make this post. I was just hitting the vapocane due to, of all things, a lack of available outlets to power a plug-in electric. After having the GVB, the Vapocane, and the glass vaporgenie top and a bowl to use it with, I do believe the Vapocane is the best of the three if you don't mind its fragility. Not to rant about one vape in another's thread, but their deadset competitors in price and function, so here it goes.

Vapocane is: all glass except for a screen. If you use the retained-heat method with it, it has an airpath as pure as the 99%-ers of vapes - the VXC, Vapolution, Vriptech - all glass airpath (cept screen) with no combusted butane in. It really does not take a huge torch or an excess of fuel to get it up to operating retained-heat levels. Say 15 seconds with the large GB-2001 Blazer, not in excess of one minute with a small conventional jet torch. Hits are very, very tasty with this method. The screen placement method is secure - it simply rests in the upper GonG fitting, which is quite secure and allows you a little flexibility in how you want to use it. The vapocane could be cleaned enough to take on a plane, something few vapes can boast. Simply pack a clean screen and a empty jet lighter - thrust the vapocane into an apple or other improvised device and you're golden.

The downsides of the Vapocane are shitty quality control in their Chinese factory for the less expensive model, the Vapocane-B. I have two and both obviously weren't blown by good glass padawans, let alone glass jedis - but they do work, they're just ugly.

So Agony, if your Vapocane is effectively RIP, I guess my advice would be to look at the trusted and discounted retailers for which one will give you the German-made Vapocane for the lowest price. It's really an impressive, efficient, and barbarically simple vaporizer which I think outperforms all the other directly butane powered vapes.

Instant edit: or put that money into the VXC fund, haha! Username, I'm surprised,like I said I was just using my Vapocane for a few bowls with either of its two methods, and was very, very pleased with both. Dense vapor, very little hot spotting in the bowl, clean flavor, yadda yadda.

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
honestly i sold the vapocane because i have a glass vape, and the glass vape outperforms the vapocane - so there was no incentive for me to keep it. the glass vapobowl is so cheap - which makes it portable, whereas, the glass vape isn't.

however, if i had to do it overagain i would buy the vapocane over the glassvape - simply due to price. but i would still buy the vapobowl over either the glass vape or the vapocane. i like speed. the vapobowl is the fastest method i have discovered to vape period - i don't consider using concentrates the same as vaping even though they can be consumed very fast (less than a min for a session).

when i am not in a hurry i have other methods that i prefer over the vapobowl but for when i want it NOW the glass vapobowl fits the bill.

notmyrealUSERname,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yay, the thread is alive! :D

I didn't think of it before, but you may be right Charlie, the way I heat it could have something to do with the damage. I don't often heat it so hot that I can use without the torch (just because it takes longer, I simply don't have the patience for it usually) but I do always heat it just enough so I get instant vapor upon hitting. It's more the flat area of the cap that I heat and not so much the nipple with the hole in it, I usually torch it for about ten seconds or so before hitting.

But to be honest I've always felt that the cap that came with my glass Vapo Bowl was of lesser quality than the one that came with my metal one. The finish isn't as nice (sharp un-sanded edges in the metal), and it changed color much more and way faster than the cap that came with the metal one which leads me to believe it's either made of a different metal or it has a cheaper chrome finish. The shape of the nipple is also a little different, the one that came with the metal bowl has a little more rounded edges.

The cap of the metal one also doesn't fit the glass bowl, the ring that came off my broken one is a little less wide than the other one. But I found a way to fix my metal downstem which I use with the metal bowl to my Ehle downstem, so I still got diffusion at least. I've got some other glass bowls that match the cap, but I don't like using them because I can't get them to work with a screen. I keep loosing barely vaped herb, plugging the dowsntem with it eventually.

I still haven't bought a Vapocane because I'm somewhat worried about the fragility of the piece and I also was considering getting a Supreme for just a little while, but I have found a local shop that has the Non-B version of the cane. I know I'll end up with one eventually, I just like these lighter based vapes to much not to try one.

I envy you for your glass vape though, NMRUN. I want one since I first discovered it. I don't think they are made anymore (not the original one anyways), but I collected some photo's of the web and if I ever run in to skilled a glass blower I'm gonna try to get a replicate.

The Cloud doesn't really appeal to me for some reason. It may be just the hype around it that puts me off though, not sure. The only electrical vape I lust after atm is a a home made Hakko mod with a handsfree SSV heater cover, lol. Still haven't found a usable 220V solder Iron with a handle I like enough though, but I haven't actively looked for one for a while either.

Hmmm, I was planning to make this a quick short post, failed again, lol.

OhTheAgony,

Abysmal Vapor

If you mean the metal vapo bowl.. Yes .. I am using one for bubble hash on the run screwed to a 1 $ pipe :).
As for the 2 $ version(first pic) .. i haven't yet.. I received it .. but lost it even before i tried it . Do you have one or you got the real vapo bowl too ? Might order it some day again :).
IMO Metal vapo bowl is the best deal ever.. You can use the top and put it on any glass bowl :) . I am using a little wooden box to store it right after use cause it gets hot.
I gave the cap to a neighbor to use it for a few days with his bong :).
I love the Pipe.. It is so obvious it makes laugh everytime i use it :).

Abysmal Vapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was referring to the cheap one in the OP.

I only have the real one and the glass one, but I noticed Head&Nature has the cheap one too and I was curious if it was safe to order a few for backup with my next purchase from them. I guess I'll just order one first to try it myself then. I will report back in time but it may take a while before I place the order (my wish-list just keeps growing so I have to set some priorities).

I've tried mine with a similar pipe stem as well, but it (the vapor) got a little hot for my likings so I just got a cheap 17cm tall borosilicate bong for traveling purposes. I hope I brake it soon though, I already hate it because it keeps tipping over with the weight of the metal vapo bowl :lol:

My glass one is out of use ATM because the cap fell apart and the cap of the metal one is to wide to fit my glass bowl. Working on a warranty replacement for that one as we speak write.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
After thinking about it a bit more I figured my metal Vapo Bowl could stand my kind of use so why shouldn't the glass one, so I emailed Azarius about the defect & after sending them a photo they were kind enough to offer me a replacement. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm hoping it's of better quality then the first one I got. Or at least let the bowl be just a tad bigger then the other one so I can use the cap from my metal VB with it.

The difference is not as noticeable in the photo as irl, but here are both caps of my metal and glass VB's.

scaled.php

The shinny one on the right is the one that I had first, it came with my metal VB (yeah, I know about the vaporbros, but we need some sort of abbreviation for this little monster so I'm just using this for now). It has actually seen more use than the other one even though it may not look like it.

OhTheAgony,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Well, the new one came in today. But what is it with these bloody headshops man, are they really all ran by fucking stoners? They always seem to find a way to fuck things up no matter how simple. First it takes them two weeks to reply to two emails, now I've got an 18mm replacement for 14mm GVB (new one, lol). It's the same fucking thing every time I do anything but place a standard order, no matter which headshop I use. I'm not even gonna bother try trading the bowl for a 14mm one since they'll probably fuck it up again, mongrels.

/rant.

Now a closer look at this one. The finish definitely looks better then on the first one I got, it's nice and shinny just like the one that came with my MVB (Metal Vapo Bowl). Time will tell if it stays like that or not. The shape is the same as that of the first GVB cap though, with a few more sharper edges then the one that came with my MVB.

Now the torch test, I get the same kind of off gassing in the form of visible fumes when I torch the screen inside the cap as I got with my first GVB. Doesn't really smell chemical though, more like a hot soldering iron or one of those electronic irons the press clothes with. I torched it red hot 3 times now with the same result every time. I don't want to yank the screen out so I'm gonna keep doing this until I can see no more fumes and all smells are gone at least before I'll use it.

OhTheAgony,
Great posts Agony, very interesting. I wonder (hope?) that the visible fumes are from the screen and not the cap.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm 90% certain that it's just the screen, but to be really sure I should take a new unused one apart and torch every part by itself. Perhaps I'll order another one and do just that. I'm also curious why these little differences in the caps of the metal and the glass one exist & I really wonder if they have the same manufacturer or not. With the Vapocane & Vapocane B it's clear they're not the same by just the name, but I suspect there is something similar going on here. I will keep looking in to it and I have emailed several retailers that have the Vapo Bowl in stock about it, I'll report back if any one of them has any interesting info to share with us.

OhTheAgony,
It'd be awesome if you could actually figure out who the hell is making these things.

The vapocane people, who are German or Dutch I think, basically outsource to bumf*ck China for the Vapocane-B. The product is usable in my case, and indeed is one of my favorite vaporizers of all time, but flaws abound. When I contacted the actual company about the poor quality of one of my upper-portions, they were very nice and offered to mail me a new European-blown one at a discount. But it was still like 38 after shipping and I couldn't swing that.

I'm playing with the idea of making a series of videos demonstrating the abilities of some of the less popular vapes on here, ones which I think work really well, like the vapocane and vapolution.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
If the fumes come from anything else then the screen it's from the tiny plate inside btw, I'm pretty certain the cap itself doesn't off-gas at the temps I've thrown at it.

As I was typing that I suddenly remembered that I kept the basically unused screen that I yanked out of the cap of my MVB. So I torched it up a bit just to see what happens. Funny enough no fumes were visible.
I have to go over some of my older posts to confirm that I hadn't already torched it or used it a lot before though, I can't remember if I did or not right now (I picked up a nice white widow today and I'm vaked as hell, lol). By the color it had and the color it has now I'd say I haven't. This could confirm my suspicions that different materials are used in at least the screens of the caps of the MVB and GVB.

Weren't you the first who started advising people to yank that thing out, Charlie? Was that a MVB or a GVB cap that motivated you to do so?

I like your idea for those videos, I'd be interested in both models you mention at least. You already sold me a Vapocane though, it's just a matter of ordering the thing now *shakes fist*

I noticed you've been selling a lot of you're current collection of vapes btw (I was tempted to make you an offer for your MW for a day or two even, but you've cost me enough money already & I really want to build my own Hakko wand & one wand should probably do :lol: ), are you saving up for the Cloud or are you just getting rid of the ones you don't use anymore?

38 bucks sounds like a great deal, they are about 50 euro's over here now (about 67,50 us$), to bad you couldn't grab it at the time. If you ever want to get a Eurocane (they're German I think) & you want me to send you one instead of ordering one straight from a shop so you can avoid some custom fees & taxes just send me an email though.

OhTheAgony,
I did advise pulling the screen out of the glass vapobowl's cap, a decision which in my case I don't regret. It used to require getting it way too hot for my taste, while now I use a large flame at a long distance and get great, consistent results like that, with the cap getting much less hot than before.

I have alot of vapes up just because I figure I can only use one at a time, you know? I'd like to get down to like 4 to 8, which is a pretty ridiculous number to cut down to when other people have one, but there's a vape for every occasion. You're right about the VXC though, it's why all of the electric big hitters are going because they will likely pale in comparison to the Cloud's performance. But there will always be a need for portables likes the MFLB and also great flame powered vapes like the Vapocane and glass VG. Now that my SS Solo has stopped a-stinkin' I think I will keep it as well.

It probably would of been wise to take them up on it, and I appreciate your offer, that's very kind! For the time being my vapocane upper is simply ugly and "out of round" as glassblowers would say, as it was unevenly heated and/or pulled off center when the extension was pulled. It functions beautifully despite this, it's just a bit of an eyesore.

I think I saw one of the FC sponsors has the Eurocane (awesome coinage, haha) for under 60 before discount, and they may have even been European based, you may want to check before you give you cash to blahcity or whichever other huge retailers.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

charliedontsurf said:
I did advise pulling the screen out of the glass vapobowl's cap, a decision which in my case I don't regret. It used to require getting it way too hot for my taste, while now I use a large flame at a long distance and get great, consistent results like that, with the cap getting much less hot than before.

I have alot of vapes up just because I figure I can only use one at a time, you know? I'd like to get down to like 4 to 8, which is a pretty ridiculous number to cut down to when other people have one, but there's a vape for every occasion. You're right about the VXC though, it's why all of the electric big hitters are going because they will likely pale in comparison to the Cloud's performance. But there will always be a need for portables likes the MFLB and also great flame powered vapes like the Vapocane and glass VG. Now that my SS Solo has stopped a-stinkin' I think I will keep it as well.

It probably would of been wise to take them up on it, and I appreciate your offer, that's very kind! For the time being my vapocane upper is simply ugly and "out of round" as glassblowers would say, as it was unevenly heated and/or pulled off center when the extension was pulled. It functions beautifully despite this, it's just a bit of an eyesore.

I think I saw one of the FC sponsors has the Eurocane (awesome coinage, haha) for under 60 before discount, and they may have even been European based, you may want to check before you give you cash to blahcity or whichever other huge retailers.
I use same tech with the torch the further away the better it tastes and smoother+ i removed the screen too and i dont regret it cause it is more likely for the screen to give up fumes.. when it is heated harder with a torch
I don't have as much vapes as you CDS. But i am also going to get rid of some of my vapes. My goal was to get rid of DBV(sold on low price to convert a combustion realated healthissues guy) cause i got MW and the MFLB too cause i got the magic square(which i like better , but still didn't made love the small hits and the battery heaviness and paranoia that some of the caps will fall off during transportation and spill toxic shit that will soak into the wood.. LOL), I am using my MW only on parties with 5 + persons otherwise the dog does the trick (a better trick and more efficient IMO) . The slayer of the MFLB and the LMS in my equipment was the vapo bowl.The metal one is great for camping far better than the boxes, Me and my friends managed to vaporize about 15 g bud with only one torchtank filling.I often put the metal vapo bowl on ground or on a stone so it cools faster:) and winter is comming so i guess it would get much more use on camping .The glass one is great for home use but does not have place around UD and MW,thats why it was given away to convert another stoner. I also manage to find fitting glass screen for it which improved the experience a lot.. and u can watch concentrates melting into bubbles.

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom