1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Fenix 2.0

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Abysmal Vapor, Aug 5, 2018.

1. HAL9000

HAL9000 New Member

2. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Yes they are saying it's plastic in the link you posted but I'm still thinking the part you put on your lips is ceramic, if not it's a very hard plastic. Looks very similar to the Starry/Fog mp imho...

This vape continue to stink and it's pretty annoying, clouds production is not very impressive and I'm thinking I'm done with it cause this bad taste is the sign of unhealthy fumes. Even at a lower price a vaporizer unable to give tasty hits and decent clouds doesn't brings any interest despite a good battery life and a rather solid building quality.

Please don't waste your money for this vape, one of the worst I tested for sure! The cheap Avant is better both in taste and clouds!

3. CVC4455

CVC4455 Active Member

The alternate had lots of problems with the lid or mouthpiece or top piece. You can check the thread on here but I think they went through like 3 or 4 versions of that piece and it was because the plastic in it would eventually melt or crack or something. So that might be the taste your getting?

As far as smell in the Fenix mini(sutra mini, grindhouse shift, fury, etc....) And for the 1st Fenix(force, Puri 5, etc....) I think the foam or whatever they pack it in transfers some smell to the vape and it seemed to me that took at least a few days to go away

4. LambsBreath

LambsBreath Well-Known Member

Hmmm this is quite discouraging, especially sine I'm awaiting one, at least it wasn't expensive. Baffling though why HAL9000 is getting totally opposite results.

At least I bought it on ebay with paypal from a US seller, so if I have to, returning it shouldn't be a problem.

<><><><><><><><><>

Yeah, I did a full study of the Alternate thread before I bought it! Just purchased mine - so well after the top cap debacle. On mine the odor was definitely coming from the bowl/heater not the top cap.

In a twist of fate I received my Alternate back today from Vivant and the odor that was present before is all but gone! Did 2 burn offs and 2 bowls and the second bowl had excellent flavor right from the first draw!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vivant-alternate.23668/page-89#post-1351600

<><><><><><><><><>​

CVC4455 and PPN like this.
  5. HAL9000

HAL9000 New Member

@PPN
    try this:
    -put the fenix 2 to 205C
    -take a ~ 10 second rip (this should be light vapour)
    -take a 15 second rip pulling a bit harder.
    If this wont make a very dense vapor, we must be talking about different devices or maybe you have a defective one idk.
    The stock mouthpiece is definitely plastic material.

CVC4455 and LambsBreath like this.
  6. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

To be honnest I'm bored to give it a try, it produces some clouds, yes, but not so big and they don't last so long (only for 1 cycle) and the factory taste is still omnipresent. but thanks for your help, it's nice if you like it but not my cup of tea. Thanks again.

About the mp I tried a test with a lighter to be sure, if ceramic it will not melt or burn, if plastic I'll get fumes and it will melt I bet... in result the mp wasn't affected by heat at all, no fumes, no deterioration and still hard to the touch just after to remove the flame... it's ceramic for me!

CVC4455 and Jill NYC like this.
  7. LambsBreath

I emailed Fenix and Seshgear about the mouthpiece material, received a reply from Fenix and PPN you are correct:

"Hello, the mouthpiece on the Fenix "Gun Metal" is ceramic, best Regards"

Still awaiting reply from Seshgear but I'm assuming it would be the same.

CVC4455 likes this.
  8. LambsBreath

Got my Seshgear Vega last week and have been trying unsuccessfully to burn off the robofart smell, it’s pretty nasty (no way I’m gonna inhale anything through it) I’ve done about 10 empty burn-offs @ full temp but the odor persists. I couldn’t see how baking herbs in it would make it go away so I didn't. The odor seems to be coming from down inside the unit.

Seshgear never did reply to my email about the mouthpiece, but on the Vega it's plastic for sure, I don’t like it much it feels thin and scratches easy. I suppose a Fenix 2 MP would fit as an upgrade to a ceramic one. Love the magnetic top but I didn’t care for the alignment tab system, very annoying sometimes taking several attempts to get it set back in properly, maybe once you get used to it but I dunno…

It’s also heavy and uncomfortable to hold, like holding a brick compared to Vivant Alternate.

I’m currently awaiting word from the seller on returning this, not sure what else I'd do with it at this point, hope I don’t lose more than the cost of return shipping.

CVC4455 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors