FC Member GROUP BUY: USPlastics Silicone Tubing for PD usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRadiohead!

Check out the new tubing megathread for all your tubing needs!

For those of you who might be interested I was planing on placing an order for 3/8" ID 1/2" OD of high quality silicon tubing from USPlastics and will end up with far more than will need or ever use. Since I really only need a foot or two and there is a 10' minimum for any order I was planing on asking other FC members if they would be interested splitting costs in a larger order for cost effective and material needs.

What I can do is find out how much demand there is for the tubing and then find out what the per/foot cost is before shipping it out to each respected member. Depending on needs I could ship out the individual tubing for as little as a few bucks for standard usps mail or even ship it in a 1-3 day flat rate usps cloth envelope for $4.80 for people who want it quicker.

I live only a few hours away from USPlastics store I should receive the order quickly and would be able to send it out within a day of getting it in the mail as long as I had all the interested members contacts and payment info.

At most the tubing should cost $4.00 a foot + $2-5 to cover whatever type shipping and paypal fees there are. So this should provide an cheaper option for people interested in trying out smaller amounts of tubing for Purple Days vaporizer.

In case you are a PD owner and are not familiar you can use food grade safe silicon tubing to extend the vapor length of the standard PD tube similar to a "whip-style" vape providing slightly cooler vapor.

note: even a little extension as 6" can cool the vapor
resize1.jpg

Or snippets of the tubing can be used to help seal the PD stem to various glass pieces.

note: this high quality glass bong has a GonG downstem joint that fits the PD tube but a silicon tubing can be added for pieces that don't fit or for more protection.
resize2.jpg

If you are interested just reply with how many feet you need (I'm even fine with doing half foot orders if there is enough demand) and I will post/email payment specifics once the length I need to order is finalized.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
yo man^

all you do is connect the tubing ILRH is offering to the extreme tubing...if my memory serves me right prog gave me this idea to make more room for the vapor to fill. all you need is the same ID and OD tubing....which I think they are (pd tubing is 3/8 ID and E tubing is 3/8 OD so that means they will fit snugly togeather)

so yes this tubing does work with the E :brow:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/va...ry_name=7511&product_id=8456&variant_id=57300

the tubing in question....make sure its this kind ILRH! ~$3.27 a foot

Hennessy1414,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i wanna replace my tubing because it is starting to get quite caked. im not sure connecting clean tubing to it will do the trick for me.

illadelph,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cool idea, what type are you going to order?

I think this was the one that looked good for not too much.

Nice milkshot in the OP. :spliff:

vtac,

ILoveRadiohead!

vtac said:
Cool idea, what type are you going to order?

I think this was the one that looked good for not too much.

Nice milkshot in the OP. :spliff:
^^^ yup, thats exactly the one I was going to order ^^^

USPlastics said:
Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing 3350
Designed for high-purity applications, Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing's ultra-smooth inner bore can reduce the risk of particle entrapment and microscopic buildup during sensitive fluid transfer. In-house analysis of the inner surface of Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing compared to other silicone tubing shows that it is up to three times smoother. Additionally, this smoother fluid path facilitates complete system cleaning and sterilization. Utilizing a platinum-curing process, Tygon Sanitary Silicone Tubing eliminates the concern of extraction often encountered when alternative curing methods are used. It has also been fully characterized using the ISO 10993 standards, reducing user cost and time associated with process validation. Max working temp 400F. Standard length is 50'. Tubing is priced per foot; sold in 10 ft. intervals only. Meets NSF and FDA criteria.
57286p.jpg

I'll be ordering at least 10 feet and as of right now 5 feet of that amount is spoken for.

ILoveRadiohead!,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
vinyl is gross...this stuff is not as porous compared to vinyl i think

anyone wanna answer that Q? i came up short im sure

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Survivalism said:
:( buy clear tubing! Why dont people like the clear stuff?
Hennessy1414 said:

how flexible is this super pure tubing?
From what I've seen, there is no crystal clear silicone tubing.

Silicone is more porous than the typical pvc type tubing. That's the trade off, it picks up dirt.

Silicone tubing is very flexible.

vtac,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
vtac said:
Hennessy1414 said:

Silicone is more porous than the typical pvc type tubing. That's the trade off. From what I've seen, there is no clear silicone tubing.
Ah, that would be the answre i was looking for, well damn!

Survivalism,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i think i would be interested in a foot or 2 if henny shows me how to rig it up.

illadelph,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Can we maybe designate someone as the forum "hose" guy, and purchase a few different sizes? I will let everyone else decide what type is the best, but i would like to buy some flexible stuff for both my pd and my iolite in small quantity.

Survivalism,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
OD connects to the ID. if you get 3/8 OD silicone it will then be able to hook up to the 3/8 ID tubing snugly....

:tup:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Can we clarify...as for use with the E...would this replace the existing tubing or connect to it (bigger diameter)?

stickstones,

ILoveRadiohead!

stickstones said:
Can we clarify...as for use with the E...would this replace the existing tubing or connect to it (bigger diameter)?
Survivalism said:
Can we maybe designate someone as the forum "hose" guy, and purchase a few different sizes? I will let everyone else decide what type is the best, but i would like to buy some flexible stuff for both my pd and my iolite in small quantity.
It seems as there is interest in getting replacement tubing for the Extreme as well as silicon tubing for Purple Days use. So if someone wants to measure (I couldn't find the specs with a few quick searches of this site) I could possibly order a 10 foot section of high quality Extreme sized tubing as well to disperse. Just get me the ID & OD specs and I'll look for a match. If there is enough interest in getting replacement tubing for the SSV or iolite that sized could possibly be ordered as well.

Also just to be clear the benefits of silicon tubing as opposed to vinyl or pvc are as follows:

+cleaner less "plasticy" odor or taste
+very flexible
+very heat resistant

ILoveRadiohead!,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'd be interested in two feet if still available.... thanks alot.

jeffp,

tuttle

Just so everyone is aware, McMaster.com sells silicone tubing with no minimum.

tuttle,

ILoveRadiohead!

tuttle said:
Thanks for the info tuttle, although it appears they do have minimum order lengths when you check on specific tubing stocks. However, at least in the 3/8" ID FDA grade high-purity silicon tubing comprable to the Tygon branded stuff from usplastics they offer it in lengths of 2 and 5 feet intervals as opposed to only 10 feet intervals.

I haven't checked out the shipping costs for Mcmaster.com but I imagine this might be close to the same as splitting an order from USPlastics. I'll check on the shipping amounts for 2 feet of tubing and if they are outrageous I can still go through with the original group buy plans. If not this might be an easier faster option for everyone interested...especially if you wanted different types of tubing.

Here's the link to the appropriate size and type tubing for PD use

http://www.mcmaster.com/#51845k59/=1utpb7

It's a bit more expensive than USPlastics at $5.62 but again they do sell it in 2 foot lengths which is about how much everyone wanted.

edit: I just called and shipping costs for 2 feet of tubing were less than $5 so they are definitely not overcharging on shipping.

ILoveRadiohead!,

max

Out to lunch
Extreme tubing is the typical 1/4" ID, 3/8" OD.

The Tygon brand is expensive. 3/8, 1/2 (#3350) is $3.27/ft. US Plastic also sells the Silcon brand, which costs much less - only $.92/ft.

"Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow. Resilient, stretchable, and resistant to compression set. Odorless, tasteless, and inert. Good electrical and weatherability properties ? resists U.V., ozone, gases, and moisture. Not for use with fuels. Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF 51). Temperature range -100 F to 500 F. Meets FDA standards. Not for use with fuels. Silcon is a registered trademark of NewAge Industries. Standard length is 100? except #54042 which is 50?. Tubing is priced per foot; sold in 10' intervals only."

The Tygon brand may be smoother, but for vape tubing this is not really an issue. You'd be paying 3 times as much for a nicer tactile sensation on your fingers.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
ILoveRadiohead! said:
tuttle said:
Thanks for the info tuttle, although it appears they do have minimum order lengths when you check on specific tubing stocks. However, at least in the 3/8" ID FDA grade high-purity silicon tubing comprable to the Tygon branded stuff from usplastics they offer it in lengths of 2 and 5 feet intervals as opposed to only 10 feet intervals.

I haven't checked out the shipping costs for Mcmaster.com but I imagine this might be close to the same as splitting an order from USPlastics. I'll check on the shipping amounts for 2 feet of tubing and if they are outrageous I can still go through with the original group buy plans. If not this might be an easier faster option for everyone interested...especially if you wanted different types of tubing.

Here's the link to the appropriate size and type tubing for PD use

http://www.mcmaster.com/#51845k59/=1utpb7

It's a bit more expensive than USPlastics at $5.62 but again they do sell it in 2 foot lengths which is about how much everyone wanted.

edit: I just called and shipping costs for 2 feet of tubing were less than $5 so they are definitely not overcharging on shipping.
Thanks - just ordered two feet.... this should be fun....

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom