1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

FC app / Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hogleg, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Yeah Tapatalk would be nice...makes this forum alot easier to read when I'm on the can. :brow:
    ogcook likes this.
  2. vtac

vtac vapor junkie Staff Member

They haven't updated their plugin since September 5th. The forum has been running like a dream ever since uninstalling it. A good mobile style would be an improvement, but I don't seem to have much trouble using this forum on a mobile device.
    ShipDit likes this.
  3. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

probably the best thing we can do is give it low rankings in the app market, with an explanation why.
  4. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

I did some searching and found

On Thursday 11/8/12 a plugin developer said
    "Next release 1.3.0 is under testing and will be released soon."

http://support.tapatalk.com/threads...upgrade-to-xf10_1-2-0.13352/page-2#post-76769

and some people reverted to 1.1.4 which doesn't have that problem.

http://www.tapatalk.com/files/plugin/tapatalk_xf10_1.1.4.zip

So maybe we'll have something new to test soon (and hopefully fixes all the problems) and maybe someone can try the older version in the meantime?

TIA
  5. tharealmclovin

tharealmclovin Well-Known Member

I think we need to abandon the tapatalk dream and get a FC app. I'd even pay for a FC App. I barely get any of my notifications anymore and cant keep up with the threads i follow
  6. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

Any word on this? It's brutal on my iPhone without tapatalk.
    ru_frothi and Ben Katz like this.
  7. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I just use the Internet icon on my Tablet to get to FC.
  8. PB88123

PB88123 Vaporist

I'm still holding out hope. It's not like I'm just going to stop coming to FC anytime soon so eventually I would like tapatalk up and running again for this site.

There is nothing like opening an app and seeing all my unread threads and just tapping one. Then having the posts all lined up for me so I can quickly scroll through them all and then close the app. A mobile web site can't beat the simplicity and speed of it.
    Tweek, ru_frothi, kushcabbage and 3 others like this.
  9. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

I've been using the Puffin app on my IOS devices for the last week and find it works great for this forum and many others.
    Tweek likes this.
  10. stickstones

sweet...ill see if they have an android version
    Vicki likes this.
  11. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Did you find an Android version, or something equivalent?
  12. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

13. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Thank you. :) I just downloaded it. I thought it was more like Tapatalk, but it's actually a browser like Firefox, Dolphin, etc. I'm using Firefox on my tablet now.
  14. stickstones

yup...downloaded the android version but haven't set it up yet.
    Vicki likes this.
  15. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Same here. It says it has downloaded, but I haven't even turned on my tablet today. Weird....:uhoh:
  16. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

I'm not sure this would help. I'm really missing tapatalk.
  17. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I'm using the Puffin browser and really liking it so far. It's fast and easy to use.
    smokum likes this.
  18. John Lewus

John Lewus Well-Known Member

I drop in here from time to time to see if they ever fixed the tapatalk app. I tried puffin for android and it is horrible to use to try to reply back to a comment. It keeps jumping focus and you often can't see what you are typing. I wish I had an alternative than tapatalk. Chrome for android my best bet yet but not great. Every browser has issues for me typing in the Window.
    Roger D and newVaper420 like this.
  19. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

That's weird because I found Puffin to be the best of the Android browsers.
  20. John Lewus

Puffin is not bad. It just jumps focus around a lot on me when trying to type a reply in that little comment box. I spend a lot of time trying to put the focus on that box to type when suddenly it jumps around. I am using swiftkey flow so that could be part of the problem as well.
    Vicki likes this.
  21. John Lewus

Has anyone from FC tried out a newer version of Tapatalk to see if this problem still occurs? Alternatively, is anyone working on a FC app for this forum? I would be willing to pay a couple bucks to get a better experience on my phone.
  22. stickstones

I would too, john. in fact, I did with tapatalk the first time! We'll have to get the new app out and try it after vtac allows it to work again, if he's willing to take the risk. The last time it brought the entire site to a crawl for everyone.
  23. John Lewus

Maybe it could be tried during a low traffic time period. This is the only forum I browse from my phone.
    Roger D likes this.
  24. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime New Member

Looks like no movement on this? FC shows up in tapatalk, but won't connect :(

For those of you on android still having issues, xScope seems to render the site pretty well, it's been my go-to browser for a while.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  25. John Lewus

xScope? I might try that out. I don't really like using the mobile website from my Android phone. It is difficult to reply to posts and type in that little box from a mobile browser :(

What makes xScope work better than say Chrome or stock Android browser?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors