Favourite and most disgusting munchie food you eat when ripped

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
My favorite tonight is whatever is closest,... turns out to be a bag of carrots - baby carrots are not baby, they are the reject carrots that get cut down and shaped.

Bruce@Zephyr,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Veggie lasagne tonight. 4 cheese (two homemade.) Had seconds.. too good.

indigal,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
baby carrots are not baby, they are the reject carrots that get cut down and shaped.
Huh? I had read they were genetically modified to grow tiny. I need to look that up, I am not really keen on the genetic modification of food, not so keen on eating rejects either LOL! I like organic, freshEfresh stuff!

Edited to add:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

Sticking with my organics :D

Lo,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lo said:
baby carrots are not baby, they are the reject carrots that get cut down and shaped.
Huh? I had read they were genetically modified to grow tiny. I need to look that up, I am not really keen on the genetic modification of food, not so keen on eating rejects either LOL! I like organic, freshEfresh stuff!
Reject is a strong word,.. they are the carrots that were not pretty enough to go sit on a shelf at the supermarket. Ever notice you don't have to peel em? Either way, I think it is a bit of false advertising.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Lo

Yes Bruce...I just read up and edited my post above...it was as you said. That is false adv!

Lo,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
lo said:
Yes Bruce...I just read up and edited my post above...it was as you said. That is false adv!
Oddly enough you can get organic baby carrots,.. but really if you like carrots, the ugly ones cost less.

*edit* and they taste just as good

Bruce@Zephyr,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Howie Feltersnatch said:
You know, those "ugly carrots" are much less likely to run off with a younger salad eater.;)
yea no kidding, the other vegetables shun the ugly carrot well,... all of them except for the radish

Bump

oh wait, that was the other thread.

Bruce@Zephyr,

UncleHerb

You want disgusting? I really enjoy Turkey Tom Tom's. Never heard of them? They are the male Turkey's family jewels! YUMMY!!!

UncleHerb,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
UncleHerb said:
You want disgusting? I really enjoy Turkey Tom Tom's. Never heard of them? They are the male Turkey's family jewels! YUMMY!!!
sounds like rocky mountain oysters sort of,......

Tonight tho,..it is all about the peaches

Peaches come from a can
they were put there by a man
in a factory doooowwwntooown
If I had my little way
I'd eat peaches everyday
sun soakin bulges in the shaaade

Bruce@Zephyr,

Frickr

Bruce@Zephyr said:
sounds like rocky mountain oysters sort of,......

Tonight tho,..it is all about the peaches

Peaches come from a can
they were put there by a man
in a factory doooowwwntooown
If I had my little way
I'd eat peaches everyday
sun soakin bulges in the shaaade
the presidents of the united states of america! haha great band!

but on the subject, rocky mountain oysters are actually pretty tasty i must say!

Frickr,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hard to beat fresh homemade bread with some good cheese. I could live off sandwiches.
80682270.jpg

Fresh fruit is always good. I'm munching on some nice globe grapes right now.
18688011.jpg

Healthy choices:

i2dw5nf19jory733NMiBJI3zo1_500.jpg

Turbaconucken. A chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, all wrapped in bacon.

i2dw5nf19jr246jjnU4mFpcno1_500.jpg

Sloppy Joe On A Krispy Kreme

i2dw5nf19ka9kldprmmdPvEHo1_500.jpg

Pizza covered in caramel and chocolate sauce, topped with miniature marshmallows, gum drops, M&Ms, coconut flakes, candy hearts and a candy fried egg plus chopped pecans.

i2dw5nf19jr5dfbghu38eEnDo1_500.jpg

Deep fried White Castle cheeseburgers.

vtac,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
The deep-fried white castle looks ok but the bacon covered turducken is awe inspiring. (is that Kosher bacon?) I don't think anyone in their right mind (without a lactose intolerance and not on Atkins) could turn down artisan bread and a fine Gruyere

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i fall into the lactose intolerance category. Being native american means no dairy. I actually find dairy disgusting. Except for Eggs, only dairy product I like (and can eat). I occasionally can eat cheese, but only in small amounts.

Another fav. Blackbeans N Rice. Just had a bowl of the stuff. I can't get enough of it when it is around. Stuff myself.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
DevoTheStrange said:
i fall into the lactose intolerance category. Being native american means no dairy. I actually find dairy disgusting. Except for Eggs, only dairy product I like (and can eat). I occasionally can eat cheese, but only in small amounts.

Another fav. Blackbeans N Rice. Just had a bowl of the stuff. I can't get enough of it when it is around. Stuff myself.
When did Eggs become dairy?
Native American,.. I bet you are type 0 bloodtype as well.

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Eggs have always been classified as Dairy. i know dairy means from cows, but back in the day milk farms also sold eggs. They eventually got grouped in together.
Nope I'm A-... got a tiny bit of caucasian in me.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
being sold in the dairy isle does not make something dairy...by that logic orange juice would be dairy. having a lactose intolerance wouldn't in any way affect how you digest eggs. Unless you have a glass of milk with them and cover them in cheese hehe

Bruce@Zephyr,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
They are grouped in with dairy because traditionally they also a product of a "Dairy Farm" It is a situation of guilty by association. Also grouped in because they were normally served with Dairy by products.
but you are right they are not Dairy in the traditional sense.
And I think labeling it in dairy happens to fall into this country's insane need to label things and group them into categories.

I think eggs belong into a group all unto themselves.... Proto-meat.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Proto-meat
I like that term!! I'm also part native American, type O blood too :D

When my son did the new vs. old food pyramids for schoolwork the eggs fell under the meat, beans catergory. I know they did change the pyramid but I never thought of eggs as dairy either...

I'm still trying to get over all those pictures.... I can feel my cholesterol rising just peeking!!

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
not as bad as finding eggs labeled as "100% Vegetarian Fed" Eggs. I mean... WTF? chickens are omnivores, they eat insects and palnts... I can see a vegetarian diet in humans, but wouldn't that be a malnourished bird? therefor less tasty eggs
And you know they are marketing them towards vegetarians, which is nuts in itself. It is an animal byproduct.

DevoTheStrange,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
Frickr said:
but on the subject, rocky mountain oysters are actually pretty tasty i must say!
i agree, tasty but well the first couple bites still make me squirm in my seat.

in Montana they have a festival for this very thing.
http://www.testyfesty.com/
"Come on out and have a ball!"

Bruce@Zephyr,
Top Bottom