Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
One last thing then I'll shut up :lol:

I for one would NOT purchase from this seller simply because of his business decisions/practices.

But I wouldn't hesitate in a moment to get one of the other knockoffs as I'd want to avoid the wait. :)

daddygreenjeans,

AreaFour20

Had lwien (and others) not posted his question on the ebay listing for a "Purple Days Vaporizer", questioning it's validity, the day after I purchased this outright ripoff, I would have never known!
I would be out $150.00 of very hard to come by money.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH lwien! :)

Business Philosophy aside, this is THE reason for this post.
To protect people from being taken advantage of when they really can't afford it. Health wise as well as monetarily. Also to protect the manufacturer from knock offs that advertise as a PD Vaporizer.

If you don't have integrity, then you have nothing!
This is something that's inside you and if it isn't there naturally then, well..:/

There is so little in this world that we can count on and being lied to like this is just disappointing.
:peace:

AreaFour20,

lwien

You're very welcome, Area. That's what this site is all about, eh? Expose the good stuff as well as the bad.

lwien,

AreaFour20

fidget said:
I remember these guys! I used to surf with them at "Old Man's" down at San Onofre State Beach.:lol:

RelaxingwithLes.jpg

AreaFour20,

lwien

OMG !! San Onofre ! I haven't thought about beach in ages. Spent a lot of time surfing there as well as body surfing at The Wedge. Still got my fin, I think. Good times.............

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
lwien said:
daddygreenjeans said:
But... on that same note, I guess I'm in that boat of folks that isn't going to wait for something just because a few special folks made it. Sorry but that's just me.
No need to apologize for it's the very reason that there are so many great vapes on the market to choose from and they each provide certain things that appeal to certain people. Not every vape is for everyone, including the Purple Days.

Be that as it may, the integrity of this guy on Ebay is in question, and as such, in my opinion, so is his product.
Well this guy, after calling the vaporizer a "Purple Days" clarifies in the body copy that it's technically not but in fact "better" than the PD...
This would be due to the inclusion of a screen that would make it allegedly harder for particles to fall into the unit but also much harder to shake
those same particles out - just as a point of interest.
I think what Lwien is saying about the old school style of a purchase representing the beginning of a friendly relationship is very true. I think
this is something that fell into place organically through this forum.

As far as the wait list, I wager that most of us have a few vaporizers - for some reason once you get into it, vaporizing becomes a bit of a collectible hobby,
to keep up with the evolution, etc. So the wait is immaterial if you have something else to use to "tide you over." Or you could just build one yourself if you want
faster gratification.

The reason this has become an emotional thread with outrage is because alot of us really love our PDs and the ingenuity and craftsmanship that went into it, along
with enjoying a friendship with the inventor. It's a matter of standing up for your friends.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
AreaFour20 said:
Had lwien (and others) not posted his question on the ebay listing for a "Purple Days Vaporizer", questioning it's validity, the day after I purchased this outright ripoff, I would have never known!
I would be out $150.00 of very hard to come by money.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH lwien! :)

Business Philosophy aside, this is THE reason for this post.
To protect people from being taken advantage of when they really can't afford it. Health wise as well as monetarily. Also to protect the manufacturer from knock offs that advertise as a PD Vaporizer.

If you don't have integrity, then you have nothing!
This is something that's inside you and if it isn't there naturally then, well..:/

There is so little in this world that we can count on and being lied to like this is just disappointing.
:peace:
Plus, you know, there's no way of knowing what's inside one of these "better days" shit logs.
Could be the equivalent of an Ebay $40 Chinese box vape that looks alot like a $160 Vapor Brothers. But "better."

jeffp,

AreaFour20

jeffp said:
Plus, you know, there's no way of knowing what's inside one of these "better days" shit logs.
Could be the equivalent of an Ebay $40 Chinese box vape that looks alot like a $160 Vapor Brothers. But "better."
So true!:uhoh:

AreaFour20,

AreaFour20

lwien said:
OMG !! San Onofre ! I haven't thought about beach in ages. Spent a lot of time surfing there as well as body surfing at The Wedge. Still got my fin, I think. Good times.............
I need to paddle out soon, maybe at seal beach where I won't get a thrashing. Had surgery on a shoulder awhile back and it's no good yet.
But when the water warms, if you're up to it lwien, lets paddle out. I have two beautiful longboards.
A Stewart and a Donald Takayama.

Calif.Dreamingsigned.jpg

AreaFour20,

lwien

AreaFour20 said:
But when the water warms, if you're up to it lwien, lets paddle out. I have two beautiful longboards.
A Stewart and a Donald Takayama.
:)
Gonna start a thread on this in the Lounge so we don't take this one too far off topic. ;)

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
Maybe lodging a complaint on Ebay about this on his page may help stop it. Don't know, but it may be worth the 1 or 2 minutes it would take to do that if you want to be proactive about it. Just click the "report item" icon.
Did just that- thanks for the suggestion.

indigal,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
I think in the VERY least he should pull his pages or completely rewrite them taking all reference to the PD out.

daddygreenjeans,

CompassRosie

hippie hausfrau
Wouldn't seem so egregious if he'd just say "Purple Days Style Vaporizer" or something like that. But he is flat out advertising them as Purple Days. It shouldn't be allowed.

CompassRosie,

Purple-Days

How about McDonald's STYLE Big Macs? Or Toy's-R-Us & Stuff? Or Serta DREAM Sleeper? Ivory TYPE Soap?

No, doesn't work...

Now these guys are another story...

Or ...
2j5gt41.jpg

or . . .
15qxegx.jpg

Even these folks weren't stupid enough to actually call it Mc' Donalds. And weren't really trying to make anybody think they were Mc'Donalds, were they? That's the difference. :2c:

OBTW, 'you should never pick fruit before it is ripe'... who said that? And I believe the current rate is fruit + 3X... :lol: Thanks for keeping score E-bay... :cool:

Purple-Days,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
:lol:

just like the movie coming to america.

McDowellsFacade.jpg

"they've got the big mac, we've got the big mick"

SSS,

CompassRosie

hippie hausfrau
...May I please add that I filed a complaint on ebay? I didn't mean to imply approval of this guy! I was trying to point out that he wasn't even TRYING for even a fig leaf of decency but outright ripping you off.

I apologize for offending you.

CompassRosie,

Purple-Days

CompassRiosie, you didn't offend me. And I took your point. I just wanted to expand on that idea.
2e5ulig.jpg

Purple-Days,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
SSS said:
:lol:

just like the movie coming to america.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/McDowellsFacade.jpg

"they've got the big mac, we've got the big mick"
I live about a mile from "McDonnels" - it is a Wendy's in real life; it's on Queens Boulevard in Elmhurst.
You go there you see photo stills from the movie.
Funny story - the first time I saw Coming to America was in Berlin, in '88, dubbed in German.
It was surreal seeing home from so far away in that light - my friend and I were laughing at the wrong parts
throughout the movie and we were received with strange stares from the other theater goers. But we couldn't help it,
it was completely insane.

jeffp,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I love how everyone can laugh at a bad thread like this. What a joke. :lol:

Even after all this, his listings are still titled "Purple Days Vaporizer" and "Purple Days Vaporizer Vapor Tubes".

Tom opened the box with the Pandora kit, but clowns like smokenjoe50 aka ChronicVapeShop (yes it's the same IP) don't deserve to benefit from this community. He's still claming that he doesn't have 2 accounts. I wouldn't trust this guy to make me a burger.

vtac,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
vtac said:
I love how everyone can laugh at a bad thread like this. What a joke. :lol:

Even after all this, his listings are still titled "Purple Days Vaporizer" and "Purple Days Vaporizer Vapor Tubes".

Tom opened the box with the Pandora kit, but clowns like smokenjoe50 aka ChronicVapeShop (yes it's the same IP) don't deserve to benefit from this community. He's still claming that he doesn't have 2 accounts. I wouldn't trust this guy to make me a burger.
I think with the complaints to Ebay the listings will be gone soon or changed.
At least this thread represents a glaring red light to anyone considering its purchase.

jeffp,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom