Fake Purple Days on Ebay - "Better Days"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsett70

Better Days said:
Cant wait for the comparison.

I cant wrap my head around the wait list. The things are stupid easy to make and if Tom was spending any time in the shop there would be no wait list. I think he is spending a little to much time on the R & D if you know what I mean.

hey, this guy had 1 post and got banned. what was the reason for the mod doing that? his post was not malicious. dry humour, maybe. did i miss something cause i thought people would be more chilled around here.

Modnote: Do everyone a favor and read the rules you agreed to.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/misc.php?action=rules

-Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
-If you don't like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to post.

sunsett70,

max

Out to lunch
hey, this guy had 1 post and got banned. what was the reason for the mod doing that?
That wasn't his first post, just the first with that user name. If you get permanently banned, it's for a good reason, and you don't get to make up a new name and come back.

did i miss something?
Obviously. ;)

max,

champ3185

lwien said:
Mckdenton said:
I would recommended this vape to someone looking to buy a log style vape.
:peace:
I would NOT recommend this vape to ANYONE.

If someone is in the market for a log style vape, look at either the Purple Days, the Purple Days Pandora or the Myrtlezap. There is absolutely no reason to purchase this vape and many reasons why you shouldn't.

Lwien, Iv been looking at a way to get an efficient log style vape for some time now and tbh this is the only way I can get one? Is it that bad an idea at this stage?

regards,
champ

champ3185,

lwien

Is it because you don't live in the US?

There have been reports of this vape maker using wood that has not been cured and therefore incurring cracks after minimal use. On top of that, I just hate to see anyone support someone who is as shady as this guy is.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Again, we are almost unilaterally advising you to buy a *legitimate* log style vape and not a shady rip off. Purple Days, Pandora, or Myrtlezap. Simple as that.

jeffp,

champ3185

hey guys,

yes this better days vape is the only log style vape available for purchase. He states materials are safe and can ship me a unit that will work in Ireland for $170. I am contemplating it if I am honest Just read the whole thread and saw that some customers are happy with it.

regards,
champ

P.S It sucks that this is my only option for a log vape. In this global economy I would have thought that foreign sales welcome

champ3185,

lwien

champ3185 said:
hey guys,

yes this better days vape is the only log style vape available for purchase. He states materials are safe and can ship me a unit that will work in Ireland for $170. I am contemplating it if I am honest Just read the whole thread and saw that some customers are happy with it.

regards,
champ

P.S It sucks that this is my only option for a log vape. In this global economy I would have thought that foreign sales welcome

Would you be willing to spend 200.00 in order to get either a Purple Days or a MyrtleZap?

lwien,

lwien

champ3185 said:
yes i would! It would pay for itself in no time the way i consume :lol:

Have you contacted both Tom from Purple Days and Rick from MyrtleZap to let them know that you would be willing to pay a premium if they could ship you a vape?

I'm not suggesting that either of them should, but rather just asking if you have asked.

lwien,

champ3185

I emailed Rick before and was told they dont ship overseas..fair enough

Todd said he would look into it and iv heard nothing since.

I dont think i enquired about the pd tbh, Todd quoted me 200dol

Champ

champ3185,

Beezleb

the best you can get is the best for you. Hail all those who can make that happen!

Beezleb,

lwien

champ3185 said:

Champ

Personally, I think everyone should have a PD, so let me know if I can be of any help, like you can send me the money and I can buy it for you and then send it to you. Don't know what's entailed with that, but let me know and I'll find out.

lwien,

champ3185

lwien said:
champ3185 said:

Champ

Personally, I think everyone should have a PD, so let me know if I can be of any help, like you can send me the money and I can buy it for you and then send it to you. Don't know what's entailed with that, but let me know and I'll find out.

thanks for the offer and yeah the pd would be awesome but i think there would be a problem with the plug. We run different electricity here. The dbv runs 220v EU plugm whatever that means, Im useless at electronics!thanks Lwien for trying to help

champ

champ3185,

sunsett70

lwien said:
champ3185 said:

Champ

lwien, i can only get the pd pandora as i live far away but don't have confidence in my building skill and would like to get a PD. i contacted tom and i told him that i wouldnt mind buying one without warranty and no claims from me for repairs etc etc but he said that in the event that there is a screw up, he wouldn't want to leave me hanging. fair enough, me thinks. i didn't think about getting someone's help here to purchase but now it is something to think about. however, i have just recently put on order for a da buddha. however, if you are serious and can help me buy a PD, i will save up so i can buy a PD. please let me know.

champ, my country's electricity also runs on 220v but i think you can use one of them volt adjusters or whatever you call them.

sunsett70,

lwien

sunsett70 said:
lwien, i can only get the pd pandora as i live far away but don't have confidence in my building skill and would like to get a PD. i contacted tom and i told him that i wouldnt mind buying one without warranty and no claims from me for repairs etc etc but he said that in the event that there is a screw up, he wouldn't want to leave me hanging. fair enough, me thinks. i didn't think about getting someone's help here to purchase but now it is something to think about. however, i have just recently put on order for a da buddha. however, if you are serious and can help me buy a PD, i will save up so i can buy a PD. please let me know.

sunsett, I'll help in any way that I can.

lwien,

champ3185

@sunset
Where do you live? I presume Europe somewhere. You think that the pd will work for us without any modifications to the power supply? Iv been looking to get something like a pd since i came across this forum. It is the best in regards to efficiency I believe.

@lwien
You are very obliging and helpful. More guys like you and the world would be a better place.

champ

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
champ3185 said:
@sunset
Where do you live? I presume Europe somewhere. You think that the pd will work for us without any modifications to the power supply?
You will need a wall adapter that works in your country. The dimensions for the jack have been posted in the PD thread quite a few times. You could also try emailing Purple Days.

max,

sunsett70

dude champ, i live in south east asia, some kinda banana republic 3rd world country masquerading as a progressive nation. and i am still a little paranoid to name my country, sorry but years of 'living in fear' of the authorities, cannot get rid of the feeling that they are 'out to get me'. yes, we need to use an adapter like max says. i recently ordered a da buddha, and had to get the 220v one, which seemed to be more expensive than the 110v.

sunsett70,

champ3185

i just ordered a dbv today..lol.. at least i know it is a very solid well tested vaporizer. even if it aint that efficient im still going to get value out of it. so now i have a vs, lb, and a dbv on the way. sounds to me I should slow down on buying these things! but tbh its addictive!

im going to stick to the lb when i need to conserve. peace

champ

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
Nice lineup champ. Hard to go wrong with a DBV. IMO nothing beats a log vape for promoting efficiency though. PD, MZ, WDZ- take your pick. The 'Better Days' is best avoided though. :lol:

max,

champ3185

@Max
Ya Im happy with the lineup Iv got going at the moment..

A log vape is my next step and then that is it for a bit :D

I was so close to buying the "better days", and a part of me thinks that it is still a possibliity
I read good reviews on the actual unit and most report that its on par with the pd? Anyhow my
main concern is the safety of the materials in the unit.

Still though this guy has a bad name. I will do my best not to do business with him.

regards,
champ

champ3185,

max

Out to lunch
I read good reviews on the actual unit and most report that its on par with the pd? Anyhow my
main concern is the safety of the materials in the unit.
It should be on par. It's a direct copy. Hopefully the components are the same RoHS compliant ones.

The problem is that he has sold units that ended up splitting. That means he's not using kiln dried wood or waiting long enough for air dried wood to cure properly before making his vapes. That alone is enough, IMO, to make this person a bad choice to buy from. Add that to the fact that he's registered here (been banned under multiple user names too) and made snide comments about the manufacturer he's copying, and well.... enough said. :rolleyes: If you want a log vape, get a PD/MZ/WDZ. :2c:

max,

champ3185

@Max
Iv been trying to get a log vape for over a year with no joy. They dont ship to Ireland.
Thanks for your input and I guess I should take advice from somebody that know what they are talking about.
cheers,
Owen

champ3185,

vapormonkey

Fake purple days? Isn't that a little like the Ruggles(Beatles tribute band) taking issue with other bands playing Beatle songs. For the record, the Purple Days itself is a copy of my friends original creation, the Eterra.

Modnote: If you'd read the thread before posting you'd know that these were being advertised as Purple-Days vaporizers when they were not. Hence the use of "fake".

Please review the rules before posting again. If you're going to do nothing but attempt to disrupt the site as your last 3 posts have indicated, you will be issued another infraction. You've been warned.

vapormonkey,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom