Extreme Vaporizer vs. Herbalaire 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcuss

above the clouds
Sorry stickys but i never put the putpourrie on the heater...i like the smell when i'm vapin' my plant and i've no stealth problems!
Just make some try...but i really don't want my heater smells wild flowers at all!
You must go to this higher temp(335-345) to see a thick vapor come out when you exale and extract all the good from your stash!
I asked about this to Steve and he told me that!
Anyway use the + or - on your remotecontrol to set and adjust the temp...it is easier than using the small buttons!
After some testing you will find the right temp for your plant material that is different if it is wet or dry!
You just need a bit of time to find the way...i'm sure u will be happy after a week of intense use and abuse!

I'm uploading some pics of mine!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks Marcuss...I will be all over it late this afternoon! Did your pics upload? I don't know where to find them.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You got it! Sorry I didn't reply earlier with some advice, I haven't used the extreme but I'll try.

1 -- I was expecting the hi to be slower coming with vapor because I had read somewhere that you don't get the instant rush like from combustion due to your body not reacting to the smoke. The rush isn't actually a mj hi, but a reaction to smoke. Is this true?
If you're getting decent vapor hits (which I don't think you were) it doesn't take very long to start buzzin', a few minutes at most. When I first started vaping it would kind of creep up on me, I'd have a nice buzz and then ~5 minutes later I'd have a really nice buzz. After using it a few times you'll get a feel for it.

I've read that you can feel your body fighting off the carcinogens when you smoke and that some people associate this with the buzz. There's probably a bit of a "head rush" just from inhaling a large amount of smoke, too.

2 -- Because of this, I waited awhile before rendering judgement. I got some headiness after awhiile, but I am convinced that last night I did not get strong vapor hits.
Yeah, it sounds like you were just barely getting a vapor.

3 -- Marcuss, you said to put the temp in the 335 - 350 range. This would be the temp of the heating element and not the air passing over it, yes? That sure makes things confusing.
Again, not familiar with the extreme, but I'm guessing the temperature sensor is near the element so basically it's reporting the temp of the element.

By the time the air passes over the element and hits your herb, the temperature (of the air) is going to have dropped substantially, and really, that's the temp that matters. It just takes some experimenting to find the sweet spot.

Marcuss says ~340 on the display is right for the extreme, so if you had it at 250, that was probably the main issue. The herb would likely still have dried out but without much vaporization taking place.

5 -- I have three grades here of herb right now...superduper, average and regs. I am very familiar with my superduper and regs, but had not smoked the average until last night. I started with the regs last night because I am familiar with them and I didn't want to cut my teeth using good stuff. Should I expect a different high from vaping herb than from smoking the same herb?
I've vaped many varieties and even the ones that I'd have considered low quality worked well. Vaporizers seem to be more forgiving than smoking when it comes to quality of herb, in effectiveness and taste. I've found that in general, really good stuff tends to produce more vapor, but I've been surprised by seemingly lower quality stuff.

Once you've found the right temp, and everything is set up properly for your extreme, the "vapor on demand" should be the same procedure as with most whip based vapes. Just relax and take a hit! Sort of like taking a hit from a bong, nice medium slow draw for ~10 seconds. Keep an eye on the tubing of the whip (pretty sure the extreme uses clear tubing) and you should see it get cloudy as the vapor passes through it. The exhaled vapor should be visible and there should be a good amount of it in 1 exhale, though it dissipates into the air quickly.

You probably figured it out by the time it took me to write this. I'm sure you'll be a pro in no time. :spliff:

By the way, welcome, sipscience. :wave:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks a lot, guys. I'm pretty sure you have set me on the right path for a rockin' time tonight. Kids will be gone, so we're gonna nail it hard. I'll give you an update tomorrow at the latest.

BTW, how do we put pics in the posts?

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Thanks a lot, guys. I'm pretty sure you have set me on the right path for a rockin' time tonight. Kids will be gone, so we're gonna nail it hard. I'll give you an update tomorrow at the latest.

BTW, how do we put pics in the posts?
Sounds like you two just need some time alone to get to know each other. :D

To post pics, you'll need to upload them somewhere like www.imageshack.us then you can use the img tag to add them to posts

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ok...just hit a full bag done at 335C...nice visible vapor in the bag and in my exhale! It's starting to hit me now. I hit the whole bag myself...4 full hits. How many good vape hits do you need to get rocked? Damn, it's really hitting now and is awesome!!!!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Awww yeah, now you're cookin'!

How many hits do you need? Sounds like you're figuring it out the fun way. :D

How much herb did you put in and how does it look now?

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I put in almost half an Extreme bowl. I don't measure the stuff, but about what I would use to pack a bong and expect 1.5 good hits from. Filling up my third bag now from the same amount...hang on. It wasn't as thick as the first ones, but still visible vape. I've been stirring the pot between each vape.

The color is dark green and light brown.

I'm getting as good a hi as I can ever remember getting...I love my vaporizer!

stickstones,

Renski

Hi,

I brought the V-Tower Extreme several weeks ago and it took about a week to figure how to use the device effectively. Here's some tips that I have found when using the device:

1) The heating element is about 1 - 1.5 inch from the bowl (distance from the heating element and the mesh screen). The temp reading is ONLY representative of the temperature of the heating element. The maker of the device said that there's about 100C difference between the bowl and the heating element. The temperature on the digital screen is in Celsius. THC is vaporize at about 180-200C (about 350). So I keep the setting between 280-310 depending of the quality of the herb. I found the better the quality, the lower the temperature is require to get vapor.

2) It takes time to allow the bowl to reach the desire temperature. When I turn on the device, I start out at 300C and wait for about 8min. Use the whip to test if there's any vapor. Give it a few quick drags to get it going (u will see the herb inside the bowl jumping up and down). Once you get sufficient vapors, try setting back to 280 to see if you get the same effect. Remember the higher the temp, the more other element gets vaporize as well.

3) I found the potpourri doesn't do anything. Instead, dump out the potpourri, find urself and correct size rock that has a flat surface. Add one drop of Aromatherapy oil and a couple of drops of water and set it at 250. When the rock is hot enough, turn on the fan to 1.

I hope this helps. If you find any interesting tips, please share!
later

Renski,

Renski

4) I find it's better to not pack the bowl. It's better to have the herb loose so that there's more surface area being expose to the heat-conventioned air.

Renski,

marcuss

above the clouds
marcuss-vapolution.jpg

Hope you can see my little love!

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
I love them cuz glass is better than metal and my stash last longer!!!

Sorry to all fellows here for my bad english...but you know i'm a italian donkey!

Later i upload more pics about my fog maker!

stay vaped!!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks for the tips, Renski...I will try your method later, maybe tonight.

This thing is awesome! I'll never go back to smoking when at home. I went through about the same amount of herb as I normally would, but it got me much higher. Also, I have these regs that are harsh as shit to smoke, but were smooth and minty flavored in the vap.

This was the first truly relaxing time I have had smoking in a long time. I have kids, so I usually don't smoke until they are in bed. Even then I usually go outside to smoke or blow it out the door...essentially sneaking around my own house. But with the vap, I am able to lock and load and use the whip on demand without anyone noticing even if they are awake! If the fan is off, noone notices it. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in my living room with the whip on demand and not worrying about smoke smells or wasting herb while the unit sits on.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
Ciao amici!

Nice to see new vap heads joining this sauna!

Nice to ear stickstones takin' over from his living room!

I prefer higher temps rensky because i like a full effect(thc+cbd+cbn+...:)
Lower temps i suppose it's more about thc....more medical..more high...but i'm used to smoke a lot so....i like a real high/stone buzz!!

I'm a chef so next week i'll try a good cake recipe with my first vapobutter!!!!
Then if it pass the test i'll share the recipe!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Last night I tried the Renski method with not much luck. I may have been doing three things wrong to contribute to it.
1 -- I was using my lowest grade herb. I was getting minimal wisps off the whip, and after upping the temp continuously to get better results, finally put the bag on it at 335C. This produced about three bags of good vapor and knocked me out.
2 -- I may have gotten good bag results at the lower temp, but I didn't try it. I'll do that next. Is it possible that our units, although the same, will work better with different settings?
3 -- I forgot three already...still got some haziness about myself :)

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
Probably it depends on plant material but Steve the extreme creator told me that he set his unit at 335 and i do believe he is right!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Something else I have noticed...vaping cleans out my lungs. The vapor loosens up all the shit that has built up and I am coughing up loads of stuff that is not getting put back in!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
This thing is awesome! I'll never go back to smoking when at home. I went through about the same amount of herb as I normally would, but it got me much higher. Also, I have these regs that are harsh as shit to smoke, but were smooth and minty flavored in the vap.

This was the first truly relaxing time I have had smoking in a long time. I have kids, so I usually don't smoke until they are in bed. Even then I usually go outside to smoke or blow it out the door...essentially sneaking around my own house. But with the vap, I am able to lock and load and use the whip on demand without anyone noticing even if they are awake! If the fan is off, noone notices it. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting in my living room with the whip on demand and not worrying about smoke smells or wasting herb while the unit sits on.
Sounds like we have another happy vaporizer, you summed up my thoughts perfectly.

stickstones said:
Something else I have noticed...vaping cleans out my lungs. The vapor loosens up all the shit that has built up and I am coughing up loads of stuff that is not getting put back in!
As a health freak, that's great to hear, THC is known to act as an expectorant, so that might have something to do with it. As gross as it may be, coughing all that garbage up is a great feeling, I know what you mean! Hopefully more people will discover vaporizing before smoking.

The v-tower extreme sounds like a winner, you guys are really making me want one. :D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
OK, it's been 2 weeks now since I got this thing and I love it! My lungs have been cleaner and I'm not coughing as much. It makes my cheap stuff work well. I had my first combustion tonight as I was out and about when a friend pulled out his pipe. I could hardly take a hit before hacking up a lung. Like a newbie!

stickstones,

dakrusch

so im about to order my extreme vape from ebay for $260. the last vape i had was a vapir one and damn did that thing suck for vaping THC. i hope this vape lasts me thru my college years and some! how are the bags on the thing? anyone know?

dakrusch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum dakrush!

I've had my Extreme for about 2 weeks now...it's the only vape I've ever had. I absolutely love it.

I have nothing to compare it to, but it comes with two bags and stem attachments. One bag is already installed on a stem and the other is not. It's an absolute bitch to get the bag on the stem, but that probably has to do more with my inexperience than anything else. Someone around here could probably give tips on how best to install them. I've been hittin' my bag every night for two weeks now. I don't know how long they last, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be a long time.

So far, I've been able to put a pinch of weed in the glass and fill one great bag and a second ok bag off it. By the time I do a third bag the shit has long since been spent. Usually one pinch is all I need to get where I am going, with a follow up anywhere between 1 and 2 hours later. I would guess one of my pinches is not quite enough for one good bong hit.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Feels like I'm the only one without an extreme. :)

The balloon/bags are usually just oven roasting bags, I'd assume you could buy a big roll and make your own. That's the case with the volcano.

Are there no detailed instructions with the extreme? Kind of strange, considering it has so many features/parts.

stickstones said:
I had my first combustion tonight as I was out and about when a friend pulled out his pipe. I could hardly take a hit before hacking up a lung. Like a newbie!
Oh man, vaporizer vs pipe is an analogy in itself. My throat hurts just thinking about it. :D

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Extreme just comes with a DVD...no printed instructions. The logic given for this is people tend to not read instructions and they wanted to put out something that people would absorb. I personally just think this is an excuse, as I have written documentation for procedures before and ti is a bitch that no one wants to do.

I found it perplexing that the video suggested starting at 250C to start and testing it to find what works best for you, when 250C does nothing on this unit. The maker himself starts at 335C.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Closing this for now, since we've concluded that the Extreme wins out over the Herbalaire. The Extreme has its own thread here.

If there's more debate to be had regarding the two we can re-open this.

:tup:

Edit: please see Clear_Dome's Extreme Vaporizer Review thread for more info on the Herbalaire vs Extreme.

Edit 2: Declaring a 'winner' like that was pretty shortsighted of me... Re-opened for discussion!

vtac,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom