• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape SV

chillersnov8p

That sucks for both of you. Was an expensive vape to not function. I still can't believe my #38 still works the same as it did when I bought it 3 years ago...doesn't see as much use with my crafty and GH's but I still use it to mix things up.

chillersnov8p,
Reactions: PPN

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
I'm with @M0J0 on this one. I have a $350 paper weight.

GH Labs gets bad press but they seem to try... understanding that their efforts are sometimes fruitless.

When the manufacturer suggests that you wait for version 2 rather than getting warranty service, something isn't right. I couldn't be more disgusted or more regretful of a purchase. At least with the Pinnacle Pro, the manufacturer never pretended to give a shit. I'd sell the the thing but can't, in good conscience, since it seems Joe has no interest in making things right.

It's curious to me that Joe and Indica Vaporizer went totally dark after starting to work together. Whatever their goal was, it appears to be out of reach.
At least you have a paperweight to look at. The 3rd time I sent it to Joe to wait for the V2 I never got it back, nor the paperweight, nor a refund.

M0J0,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah that is surprising based on all my interactions with Joe, but sucks man, hope it works out somehow eventually... My ESV is also a paperweight now since I didn't wanna pay $50 for a new battery, but Joe was quite helpful

Shit Snacks,

midnight rider

howdy all
have one of the early model esv 1's that i have used literally less than 20 times
performance when new was fair to decent compared to now...
latest behavior it shows: the unit gets a little warm but produces no vapor
i have adjusted the coil up, down, every which way but loose
when i first got it i had to put the coil down toward the sensor, otherwise it would
always have a hot spot on the one side
now i have been trying different coil positions to no avail, cleaned the sensor off also....
tried different material, different grinds and different temps, from 350 to 410,
with no difference in performance...
always take a 2-3 second primer puff, then the 8 second puff, even try to cheat the timer by
stopping inhaling before the red light flashes and then continuing the puff, sometimes even cheat
it 2 or 3 times, still nothing....
when i had it apart i blew into the usb port and saw that only half the coil gets hot
(the side toward the battery)
AND the battery is like wtf???? fully charged it last night, took 4 unproductive puffs this morning,
started the software and put it on to charge, battery is down to 25% !!!! that can't be normal????
the unit has never been dropped, gotten wet, etc.....babied the shit out of it really.....
sent an email to joe and hoping he responds.....
am disappointed in pretty much all the portable vapes i have bought, $1000 worth of them....
any suggestions would be appreciated
EDIT (due to health problems i have been away from the forum for a long time), i just read back the last couple pages and looks like a LOT of people are having problems with this unit, wasn't there supposed to be a lifetime warranty for us folks that bought early?) and i know, the battery isn't warranted which imho is not good policy since most portables with bad batteries are destined to become paperweights... lot of us are out a lot of bucks, which sucks

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

howdy all
have one of the early model esv 1's that i have used literally less than 20 times
performance when new was fair to decent compared to now...
latest behavior it shows: the unit gets a little warm but produces no vapor
i have adjusted the coil up, down, every which way but loose
when i first got it i had to put the coil down toward the sensor, otherwise it would
always have a hot spot on the one side
now i have been trying different coil positions to no avail, cleaned the sensor off also....
tried different material, different grinds and different temps, from 350 to 410,
with no difference in performance...
always take a 2-3 second primer puff, then the 8 second puff, even try to cheat the timer by
stopping inhaling before the red light flashes and then continuing the puff, sometimes even cheat
it 2 or 3 times, still nothing....
when i had it apart i blew into the usb port and saw that only half the coil gets hot
(the side toward the battery)
AND the battery is like wtf???? fully charged it last night, took 4 unproductive puffs this morning,
started the software and put it on to charge, battery is down to 25% !!!! that can't be normal????
the unit has never been dropped, gotten wet, etc.....babied the shit out of it really.....
sent an email to joe and hoping he responds.....
am disappointed in pretty much all the portable vapes i have bought, $1000 worth of them....
any suggestions would be appreciated
EDIT (due to health problems i have been away from the forum for a long time), i just read back the last couple pages and looks like a LOT of people are having problems with this unit, wasn't there supposed to be a lifetime warranty for us folks that bought early?) and i know, the battery isn't warranted which imho is not good policy since most portables with bad batteries are destined to become paperweights... lot of us are out a lot of bucks, which sucks

Yup, right there with you, my early model (one of the first 50) is also now a paperweight due to the battery. Everything else is covered under warranty except that I believe, was told it would cost $50, I think for mine it is bc it sat unused for like a year... Shame bc it really is a great vape, but with too many of those in possession already I can't really afford to spend more money on this one (which was already one of my most expensive) May try to sell it, but at such a loss?

midnight rider

thanks for the feedback!
if there is anyone who has had the battery replaced, how did it turn out?
hate to throw good money after bad. really like the unit and hope it doesn't
end up in my vape museum before its time.

namasteIII

Anyone been able to contact Joe recently. I've tried to call him a few times over the past months but he hasn't picked up nor returned my calls. I need him now though as my unit won't screw back together anymore, looks like one of the screws is messed up. But the unit is out of commission till I get this fixed. Good thing for lifetime warranty but I need away to contact the man. If anyone's got a way to reach Joe please send it my way.

Thanks.

namasteIII,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I have an ESV still in use!

And I have an issue, I bought a new computer (previous was +15 years old!!!) and installed the firmware (app) for unit bought before august 2016 downloaded from Elevape.EU and it doesn't show anymore the new V1.34 software update on the app... need I to re-flash the unit? need I the later app or I'm still good with the V2.1.1?

I still not charged the device through the new computer and app but tied to connect it and the app found it.

Any helps appreciated since I don't expect answers from Joe....

PPN,

OyVape

As far as I know, the software was never ported to Mac, at least for the older version. And it was iffy on an older PC.

OyVape,

justcametomind

I hate to rely on my memory but this is pretty easy.
I don’t have any Windows PC but when I had an ESV I used the Mac version of the software.

justcametomind,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Elevape's website (not Ipuffusa) contains both versions Mac&Pc.

My ESV have seen less uses this last months and the battery suffered of that. But since my honeymoon with new toys is over it get back in action and after a few charges the battery is now acting like before, it's a sweet vape!

crn3371

New member, but long time lurker. I tried ordering the Elevape straight from their site, several days latter I received an email that it will be several months before they can ship new units due to the fact that they’re retooling for new batteries. Just a heads up.

namasteIII

New member, but long time lurker. I tried ordering the Elevape straight from their site, several days latter I received an email that it will be several months before they can ship new units due to the fact that they’re retooling for new batteries. Just a heads up.

Hey sorry to hear that. Who did you get the email from? I've been trying to reach those people for months.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Email regarding retooling came from oeminc.us
It doesn't look like a classic vaporizer company!

My unit is still working flawless except a minor bug last day, thought the unit was charged and draw on it.... no light... Nothing, I put in back on my desk and the light start to blink at a very slow rythm for +2mn... habitually when battery is depleted you get a short rapid blinking sequence. I was afraid something was dead but after to get back plugged to the app for a full charge the unit was working perfectly again!

A little thing I prefer about the ESV over the others stem based design on-demand vaporizers: stirring is a lot easier and you haven't to be worry about spills although you have to remove the cap. I always get spills when I stir a stem.

Another thing, I'm still using the first coil the unit came with originally! They are very durable and I still not had to use one from my 4 replacement coils pack. Is somebody tried them in a RDA coil?

Shit Snacks

It doesn't look like a classic vaporizer company!

My unit is still working flawless except a minor bug last day, thought the unit was charged and draw on it.... no light... Nothing, I put in back on my desk and the light start to blink at a very slow rythm for +2mn... habitually when battery is depleted you get a short rapid blinking sequence. I was afraid something was dead but after to get back plugged to the app for a full charge the unit was working perfectly again!

A little thing I prefer about the ESV over the others stem based design on-demand vaporizers: stirring is a lot easier and you haven't to be worry about spills although you have to remove the cap. I always get spills when I stir a stem.

Another thing, I'm still using the first coil the unit came with originally! They are very durable and I still not had to use one from my 4 replacement coils pack. Is somebody tried them in a RDA coil?

I wish mine had a working battery! :ugh::lol:

Betty White

How can I get in touch with Joe? Does anyone have his contact information? There is no website that I can find. I cannot charge the battery and the app doesn't seem to recognize the vape. I probably have a dead battery because I haven't used it in a while. Any suggestions on how to take it apart and see what's going on would be welcomed.

Betty White,

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
One of the main screws on mine (the two you see when you take the lid off) is stripped a bit and it's a bitch to get it out. I know someone posted the make/model of a replacement but I can't find it. A little help from a kind soul would be greatly appreciated....

Top Bottom