• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape SV

KLo

No Ember
Why isn't the Elevape more popular? :hmm:

ESV is very hands on maintenance-wise, requiring disassembly to clean (ISO and brushing) and there is a sensitive coil to finesse. I still find it easier to get things spiffy compared to other portables by way of convection...less gunky, imo. And, personally, it's fun interactivity like none other. Very unique vape.

Pricy, too. But warrantied for life, right ?

Adobewan

LOVED the "draw-on" function, like a Blu e-cig, but mine didn't last, nor did its replacement.
Responsive CS, and still miss the "draw-on" function but the sensitive coil, boxy shape, and high price caused me to pass on revisiting this otherwise cool unit.

Hope they continue to produce vapes, fingers crossed a later model will iron out some if these issues.

Adobewan,
Reactions: KeroZen

RelaxedNow

ESV is very hands on maintenance-wise, requiring disassembly to clean (ISO and brushing) and there is a sensitive coil to finesse. I still find it easier to get things spiffy compared to other portables by way of convection...less gunky, imo. And, personally, it's fun interactivity like none other. Very unique vape.

Pricy, too. But warrantied for life, right ?

Warrantied for life? Then, why do they want $50 to repair my unit that failed almost immediately after the last repair?

To be fair, I must admit that I dropped it while charging, which broke the USB port off the board. However, I paid for a new board, so it should've been like new. When it was returned that time, it didn't work at all, so I sent it back again (was told they failed to connect a battery), after which it worked for only a few cycles. Now they want me to pay again??!! I'm underwhelmed.

Yeah, it's great when it works. Maybe the 2.0 will be more consistent.

mephisto

Tried to give this 2.0 a shot, after 2 og models that were both gifted away due to lack of consistency. Now the fcdiscount generates a coupon limit reached response. For $350,, No thanks........bye Joe!

edit for content

Last edited:
mephisto,
Reactions: Alegre

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Tried to give this 2.0 a shot, after 2 og models that were both gifted away due to lack of consistency. Now the fcdiscount generates a coupon limit reached response. For $350,, No thanks........bye Joe!

edit for content

I'm sure Joe @Ipuffusa is there for you, if you contact him. They might work on the website that's supposed to be updated... Maybe that's causing the error? Hopefully Joe can chime in. I'm pretty happy with the 2.0 - the thread is still in the upcoming & unreleased section. Hope to see more people over there soon!

Peace
:peace:

OyVape

I'm sure Joe @Ipuffusa is there for you, if you contact him. They might work on the website that's supposed to be updated... Maybe that's causing the error? Hopefully Joe can chime in. I'm pretty happy with the 2.0 - the thread is still in the upcoming & unreleased section. Hope to see more people over there soon!

Peace
:peace:
I brought this to the mods' attention and Stu said he would move the 2.0 out into the light of day.

OyVape,
Reactions: vapen00b

tblast

Been a while since I last used my OG elevape, but I whipped it out yesterday and sat it on the window sill for some nice cool hits. However, I'm having an issue with mine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. The hex screw kind of stripped so I was not able to open the device to clean it out. I ended up drilling out the screw, and now I need to replace it. It's very hard to find though, does any one know the exact size of the screws (I think they are metric?) so I can just order a few? TIA

EDIT: to be clear, I'm talking about the largest screws in the device, the ones you need to unscrew first, that sit on opposite sides of the serial number.

tblast,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Been a while since I last used my OG elevape, but I whipped it out yesterday and sat it on the window sill for some nice cool hits. However, I'm having an issue with mine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice. The hex screw kind of stripped so I was not able to open the device to clean it out. I ended up drilling out the screw, and now I need to replace it. It's very hard to find though, does any one know the exact size of the screws (I think they are metric?) so I can just order a few? TIA

EDIT: to be clear, I'm talking about the largest screws in the device, the ones you need to unscrew first, that sit on opposite sides of the serial number.

You might wanna shoot Joe @Ipuffusa a message (or mail: joe@ipuffusa.com) - I'm sure he could help you with this.

Otherwise, I could send you a screw (have a spare one from my older unit) - but am from the EU, so it might take some days (or even weeks?). Hope USPS would let it thru, if sent in an envelope..?

luke00978

hi peeps, just got a esv from ebay but no matter which cable i use or charging block or usb port its not working, no orange charge light .. nothing, already started an ebay return but i really want it to work if you guys have any simple fixes!

cheers

Luke

luke00978,
Reactions: OF

OF

hi peeps, just got a esv from ebay but no matter which cable i use or charging block or usb port its not working, no orange charge light .. nothing, already started an ebay return but i really want it to work if you guys have any simple fixes!

You bought it from the maker on EBay? IMO it's very unlikely DOA in that case, it's tested and configured too much in manufacture for that.

What happens when you connect via the app? What level of battery charge does it show? Any chance it's already fully charged?

OF

luke00978

You bought it from the maker on EBay? IMO it's very unlikely DOA in that case, it's tested and configured too much in manufacture for that.

What happens when you connect via the app? What level of battery charge does it show? Any chance it's already fully charged?

OF
nope not of the maker its used. when i plug it in nothing, when i draw nothing its just a brick, assuming its broking but just checking in here in case it was some sort of common fault.

luke00978,

OF

nope not of the maker its used. when i plug it in nothing, when i draw nothing its just a brick, assuming its broking but just checking in here in case it was some sort of common fault.

So you haven't tried connecting by the app and USB? I'd definitely do that. Your call, of course.

Did the seller advise you it was broken? What does he have to say?

OF

OF,

luke00978

So you haven't tried connecting by the app and USB? I'd definitely do that. Your call, of course.

Did the seller advise you it was broken? What does he have to say?

OF
yeah tried the app first in wine then in an xp partition doesn’t connect, doesn’t even register as a usb device app starts fine, seller said he didn’t test it before he sent it, don’t really know why you would do that but hey its paid with paypal so i know im covered.
he has said just send it back and hell refund just i really wanted a go of the vape , looks like ive been unlucky :-(

luke00978,

OF

he has said just send it back and hell refund just i really wanted a go of the vape , looks like ive been unlucky :-(

Yeah, sounds worth returning to me. I run XP (Pro) to mine, it works. IIRC it called for some fiddling as often happens.

I got lost on the "really wanted a go of the vape" above. Seems important (reaching goals......), what was it you were looking for in a vape?

OF

OF,

luke00978

Yeah, sounds worth returning to me. I run XP (Pro) to mine, it works. IIRC it called for some fiddling as often happens.

I got lost on the "really wanted a go of the vape" above. Seems important (reaching goals......), what was it you were looking for in a vape?

OF

lol cheers im gonna return it, to be honest i just wanted to try an esv as ive had my eye on it since it came out but couldn’t justify the new price. The one on ebay was a good deal, as for vapes i have many others mighty , hoppers, vapcaps was just vas taking hold when i saw the esv on ebay!

thanks for your help anyway kind stranger

luke00978,

KLo

No Ember
Warrantied for life? Then, why do they want $50 to repair my unit that failed almost immediately after the last repair?

To be fair, I must admit that I dropped it while charging, which broke the USB port off the board. However, I paid for a new board, so it should've been like new. When it was returned that time, it didn't work at all, so I sent it back again (was told they failed to connect a battery), after which it worked for only a few cycles. Now they want me to pay again??!! I'm underwhelmed.

Yeah, it's great when it works. Maybe the 2.0 will be more consistent.

The 'drop' most certainly attests to a repair bill. I feel you. Maybe Mercury went rogue during this mishap. I work over a safety zone when spaced. Saves a lot of crashes :ko: from relaxed hands !

IMO, you paid, the shit should work. Stay on the CS and get it right. Me.. still rockin' 1.0 and not too keen on 2.0 unless wheels get greased, bolts tightened; cs response, app function (mac inclusive) and maybe a design tweak for good measure. Coil (recoil) .. not a friend to many.

ESV is a challenge with as many pros as cons. A unique vape to master, and, at times despise? Love hate

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Status update. Past few times I've used the unit I noticed that, regardless of charge level, I wasn't getting the sort of clouds like I used to. Took her apart and cleaned thoroughly. Tested the existing coil to make sure it was functioning properly and it looked as if it was. Reassembled and then got light clouds, but nothing like it produced previously. So I disassembled again and swapped the original coil out for one of the ones I got from Joe. Went with the previous coil orientation (bent down), then charged it up. So far, so good. For the record, I've been using the unit since this past February, maybe two bowls a week, so I guess the old coil just gave up the ghost. It was quite discolored compared to the new one; guess the heat cycles just beat it down. So for now, I'm back to being a happy camper. Love this stealthy, easily concealable, on-demand convection beast. :rockon:

KLo

No Ember
Status update. Past few times I've used the unit I noticed that, regardless of charge level, I wasn't getting the sort of clouds like I used to. Took her apart and cleaned thoroughly. Tested the existing coil to make sure it was functioning properly and it looked as if it was. Reassembled and then got light clouds, but nothing like it produced previously. So I disassembled again and swapped the original coil out for one of the ones I got from Joe. Went with the previous coil orientation (bent down), then charged it up. So far, so good. For the record, I've been using the unit since this past February, maybe two bowls a week, so I guess the old coil just gave up the ghost. It was quite discolored compared to the new one; guess the heat cycles just beat it down. So for now, I'm back to being a happy camper. Love this stealthy, easily concealable, on-demand convection beast. :rockon:

It works, gets beat down, works again. Still a favorite. Still one of the best; certainly on demand makes it so

Love Hate Love and so on

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can't believe how this vape is so durable, so tasty, so reliable and so "on-demand"!

It was still never gone in my storage box for unusued vapes and will stay on my desk!
I just remenber to find some replacement coils in the case....although I'm still vaping on my original coil.

Mr Mellish

It's interesting that the ESV 2 gets a new thread for seemingly minor adjustments while the Firewood continues with a single thread.

My ESV is the only vape I own that I never use. After trying to replace the coil and getting shit results, I contacted Joe about sending it in. He suggested I consider waiting for the ESV 2 and replace it with that. At one point, (earlier on) he suggested performance issues on the ESV were due to debris under the gasket. There were white specks on the case that I could not clean off with ISO or scrape off. Is the gasket that persnickety?

I initially loved the ESV but it is way too finicky. Replacing it by buying an update is not an option. Why spend that kind of money for another potentially sensitive device? My GH, FW and Vapman were all cheaper and are more reliable.

In fact, the only vape I have that was more expensive is the Crafty and it destroys the ESV. On top of that, with one month left in my warranty, S&B replaced my Crafty with a new one because the battery life had gone to shit. Stark contrast in support.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I went back to try my Elevape after maybe just now a year without use, and just get the red light flash without heat up, battery and coil seem fine so not sure what it is. Guess I need to contact Joe about sending it in too, with the similarities maybe it can simply be updated to ESV2.0 standards? I always found customer service to be stellar here personally, while its pros as unique and highly effective would keep outweighing the finicky cons for me with my old unit from the first 50 production run (00042)...

I did find other products that work better for me in Milaana and MistVape Touch, but their stems while easier to clean, are not as stealth, smooth hitting, or durable as the Elevape unfortunately. Disposable oil pens can cover that niche (better than the Grasshopper, also unfortunately imo), but not as enjoyable or smooth as herbs so still Elevape came close to a superportable ideal

Last edited:

chillersnov8p

My 00038 is still going strong. Doesn't get as much use between my gh and crafty but for me has been rock steady. Whenever u use it always amazed by the simplicity. Still wAiting for an og Esv user to compare it to the 2.0

Top Bottom