• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Elevape SV

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I went back to try my Elevape after maybe just now a year without use, and just get the red light flash without heat up, battery and coil seem fine so not sure what it is. Guess I need to contact Joe about sending it in too, with the similarities maybe it can simply be updated to ESV2.0 standards? I always found customer service to be stellar here personally, while its pros as unique and highly effective would keep outweighing the finicky cons for me with my old unit from the first 50 production run (00042)...

I did find other products that work better for me in Milaana and MistVape Touch, but their stems while easier to clean, are not as stealth, smooth hitting, or durable as the Elevape unfortunately. Disposable oil pens can cover that niche (better than the Grasshopper, also unfortunately imo), but not as enjoyable or smooth as herbs so still Elevape came close to a superportable ideal
The only time I didn't used mine for a while the unit acted similary to your, the lesson is to use it on a regular basis, the more you use it the better it works....at least for me!

chillersnov8p

Same thing happened to mine after an extended period of no use. Almost aent it in but then it fixed itself. Since then just charge it every ten days or so no matter if it's been used or not.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Same thing happened to mine after an extended period of no use. Almost aent it in but then it fixed itself. Since then just charge it every ten days or so no matter if it's been used or not.

How'd you fix it? I emailed Joe already anyway

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

It did the blinking red light thing which Joe said was a reset. Tried the charge it but didn't work for a few days after that, then right before I was going to send it in I tried one more time to charge it and it worked. That was 6 months ago, been working every since

Huh that's strange lol doesn't sound like my problem? Blinking light had indicated coil issue in the past for me, like no connection

KLo

No Ember
Just needs the replaceable battery.
Did you replace the battery yourself ? If so, I'm willing to void warranty to DIY

I agree with some that have had issues with coil responsiveness. I've tweeked replacements and they work, but deplete quickly - 1.0 needs to recharge after each session after 1-1/2 yrs regular use. Too lazy to send it in, but figured it must be a battery issue. I've since moved on with other vapes, but still hold ESV as one of the best stealth and satisfying convection units.

Btw, where's the long looked forward to Indica ESV colab? and ...

Has anyone else noticed that the advertised 'titanium'
coils look distinctively different than the iPuff replacements? Seems the replacements are thinner gauge.

vaporlee

It did the blinking red light thing which Joe said was a reset. Tried the charge it but didn't work for a few days after that, then right before I was going to send it in I tried one more time to charge it and it worked. That was 6 months ago, been working every since

I have exactly same issue and even after 8-9 recharges it still refuse to ignite.. I changed to new coil but that didn't solve the issue.. I spent many hrs to solve out what is the problem, but I couldn't.. I have tried contacting Joe via pm and email but I had no response for weeks..

Could you let me know how many times did you have to recharge to make it work again?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah I had no email reply from Joe yet either after a while ago. Haven't tried the recharge again and again thing yet either though

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: vaporlee

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I can verify Joe will respond. He had questions for my RMA and emailed me back asking me to call him and he picked up the phone right away. Talked to me about the problems I was having and I'm hoping it was just my coil and maybe my grind. I replaced original coil and it was doing the same exact thing with the coil I put in. Joe said my coil was not right so I'm hoping when I get it back it'll be working. I still have high hopes for it because it's for sure the best for stealth use. It's built like a tank, I think it could end up being my most reliable unit. No question they have fantastic customer service, even when I'm cranky with them.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I love this thing. Once dialed in, it's straight cash, homey (extra credit for those who get the reference). So stealth. So very, very stealth.....

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My ESV is still running strong, I hope it will continue cause I just bought a 4 pack of replacement coils just in case.... it's still the favourite of my on-demands vape stash for flowers, so tasty!

Still not understood why some very famous menbers here stated the ESV was not tasting good. If only it was possible I will go to @Vitolo 's house to make a session with my esv, I bet he will change his mind!

Vitolo

Vaporist
If only it was possible I will go to @Vitolo 's house to make a session with my esv, I bet he will change his mind!
We would be pleased to see you, and I would be grateful to have my mind changed.
My dexterity has become poor, and my worst issue was not being able to maintain the unit, whose pieces were small for me to manipulate.
I have found patients that like the unit and have names on a waiting list to receive one.
Personally I would be happy to have my opinion altered!

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
We would be pleased to see you, and I would be grateful to have my mind changed.
My dexterity has become poor, and my worst issue was not being able to maintain the unit, whose pieces were small for me to manipulate.
I have found patients that like the unit and have names on a waiting list to receive one.
Personally I would be happy to have my opinion altered!
I've thought of selling mine, but I have no idea how much I could get for it. I wanted it to work out for me so badly. I try it, get frustrated, put it away, pull it back out again, but since I haven't been combusting for a while now, I can't stand it when I get burned herb. I guess I just don't have enough breath control or something to make it work for me like it does for those that love it so much.

kbrown5523,
Reactions: °k

Vitolo

Vaporist
I never really gave it a chance.
I looked at the package and contents, and included tools, and I was dismayed from that point forward.
We have no smart phone (we use a 23 year old phone on the land line, and our cell phones are flip phones), and our computers are older, and do not support most "apps".
I gave the Elevape a basic try, and was discouraged.... and passed it on.
It did happen in the midst of Patty and My traumatic experience, so my mind was weak and distracted, but I was given one further opportunity to check one out, but I passed up the chance.
When a new vape arrives, and has too many small parts, I get discouraged from that moment if there are parts that are too small for me to handle easily. Most patients I know feel the same.
I was intimidated by the images of dismantling the unit.
Small screws, small allen wrenches, and screens ......
.... and especially units that require changing parts and that type of maintenance are a turn off.
I never got to the point of combusting with the Elevape.
I gave it 5-10 minutes and was done trying, lest I arrive at a point where I would have to do some maintenance after having seen the complex images in the instructions.
I wear glasses for astigmatism, double vision, and magnification........and sometimes I wear two pairs.
It never gave me the air of being simple, although many say it is very simple.
The instructions, and pieces, and "apps" ran me off!
When I tried to give the unit to 4 different local patients, the result was the same.... it scared them off. It wound up here in the hands of an FC member.

Admittedly, my mind is stronger now, and would easily handle 30 minutes minimum to understanding the vape, and would just ignore the little pieces and parts and "apps". If I get the chance again, I will give it a more fair chance.
I am blessed with lower vision, shorter patience, and worsening manual dexterity.
No disrespect is meant by my comments.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
From your medical point of vue I understand you better. the whole cleaning is a pia and you need to do it each one or 2 months, it depends how much you use it.

blackbur

I'm suffering from low battery life too.
I'd rather not send em back for $50 a pop.
Hopefully someone can dissect one and create a battery.

blackbur,

OF

Hopefully someone can dissect one and create a battery.

Don't hold your breath. It's not one, but six in there. Yes, six. And not the normal kind, the sort used in R/C helicopters and stuff. Necessary to get that fast heat up in such a small package. Someone could buy the six pieces (one above the board, five more under it 'in the hump'.....but I bet it won't be at all cheap and then you can deal with packaging, cables and so on.

Sorry for the bad news, but I think it's a mistake to hope for that.

OF

M0J0

I am a leaf on the wind ~ watch how I soar...
I haven't posted on this thread yet...

I was giving Joe some time to make things right but he never did.

I bought an ESV about a year ago and it never worked right. It would flash the red LED and wouldn't work.

I sent I back 3 times to Joe for repairs and it never worked. The last thing he said was that he would send me a version 2 when it came out.

I kept hitting him up and he kept telling me that it wasn't out yet.

Long story short, he stopped answering my emails, texts, and phone calls and I'm out $350. I never got back my original ESV and never received the promised ESV V2 and never received a reply from Joe.

I've never had this happen with any supplier ever.

I am a strong believer in Karma. And Karma can be real Bitch. So I've let this slide. Somehow I deserve to be out $350 and Joe will receive his share.

This vape never worked for me,and when I saw that the vapor path went right through the battery and electronics/motherboard, I didn't want anything to do with it anyway.

Many people have had so much heart ache with this vape I cannot understand how some people like it.

I didn't want to post any negative comments but this is just plain crazy.

Good luck to anyone doing business with Joe.

M0J0,

Mr Mellish

I haven't posted on this thread yet...

I was giving Joe some time to make things right but he never did.

I bought an ESV about a year ago and it never worked right. It would flash the red LED and wouldn't work.

I sent I back 3 times to Joe for repairs and it never worked. The last thing he said was that he would send me a version 2 when it came out.

I kept hitting him up and he kept telling me that it wasn't out yet.

Long story short, he stopped answering my emails, texts, and phone calls and I'm out $350. I never got back my original ESV and never received the promised ESV V2 and never received a reply from Joe.

I've never had this happen with any supplier ever.

I am a strong believer in Karma. And Karma can be real Bitch. So I've let this slide. Somehow I deserve to be out $350 and Joe will receive his share.

This vape never worked for me,and when I saw that the vapor path went right through the battery and electronics/motherboard, I didn't want anything to do with it anyway.

Many people have had so much heart ache with this vape I cannot understand how some people like it.

I didn't want to post any negative comments but this is just plain crazy.

Good luck to anyone doing business with Joe.

I'm with @M0J0 on this one. I have a $350 paper weight.

GH Labs gets bad press but they seem to try... understanding that their efforts are sometimes fruitless.

When the manufacturer suggests that you wait for version 2 rather than getting warranty service, something isn't right. I couldn't be more disgusted or more regretful of a purchase. At least with the Pinnacle Pro, the manufacturer never pretended to give a shit. I'd sell the the thing but can't, in good conscience, since it seems Joe has no interest in making things right.

It's curious to me that Joe and Indica Vaporizer went totally dark after starting to work together. Whatever their goal was, it appears to be out of reach.

Last edited:
Mr Mellish,
Reactions: M0J0
Top Bottom