Discontinued Elevape SV

slartibartfast

Hi all, so I'm taking a last minute trip to the state of CO. I don't have a reliable portable vape right now and I'd love to pick up the elevape. Problem is, I leave on Friday, leaving me one day to acquire one. I hit up most of the head shops in the west village tonight looking for one but couldn't find any. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one in manhattan? I know the manufacturer posts in this thread, I looked on the website for some authorized dealers but couldn't find any.

Conversely, I will be in Boulder by Saturday am, would take suggestions on finding one there as well. Apologies if this sort of message is against the rules.

slartibartfast,
Reactions: OF

OF

Problem is, I leave on Friday, leaving me one day to acquire one.

I'm not sure I'd recommend getting one on such short notice and depending on it for 100% of your vaping. They can take a while to get tuned to your liking. It took me several days IIRC, and I had full resources and plenty of time to fiddle. Others have taken longer.

Rather I suggest you go for that "reliable portable vape" along more conventional (take it out of the box and party) lines. A Solo or Air comes to mind. Something with no (or very little) learning curve to get past. Hopefully Colorado will have vapes available, but if you can snag one before you go IMO that's a better plan.

Enjoy your trip. Be careful bringing souvenirs back........

OF

slartibartfast

I'm not sure I'd recommend getting one on such short notice and depending on it for 100% of your vaping. They can take a while to get tuned to your liking. It took me several days IIRC, and I had full resources and plenty of time to fiddle. Others have taken longer.

Rather I suggest you go for that "reliable portable vape" along more conventional (take it out of the box and party) lines. A Solo or Air comes to mind. Something with no (or very little) learning curve to get past. Hopefully Colorado will have vapes available, but if you can snag one before you go IMO that's a better plan.

Enjoy your trip. Be careful bringing souvenirs back........

OF
Appreciate the advice, but I've been lurking on this thread, have the grasshopper on order (emailed to ask if I could pick up in person, was told no), zion on order, and this was on my list anyway. I've had a lot of portables before settling on a log for home and living in a non legal state, had to find a reliable concentrate source for on the go. Having gone through a lot of portables I really don't mind any sort of learning curve even on the go so for me, it's really this or bust. I just really want to be able to go get one into my grubby paws tomorrow. I guess worst case, I'll pick up an arizer air. Gah. The ones I want are never available. If I could get one of my inhalters to work, this wouldn't even be an issue.

Hahaha yeah, not going to risk bringing back things. Oddly, I'm sneaking in a hot ecig cart bc my flight gets in so late and all the shops will be closed by then.

*edit* One of the reasons why I'm hesitant to go for an air, even though I know it will be reliable is that the solo never got me high enough. I think it was the heat, I dunno. Just, nowhere near the efficiency OR efficacy of something convection.

OF

*edit* One of the reasons why I'm hesitant to go for an air, even though I know it will be reliable is that the solo never got me high enough. I think it was the heat, I dunno. Just, nowhere near the efficiency OR efficacy of something convection.

Your call of course. But given you found Solo didn't do a good enough job for you I consider your exceptionally brave to take an unknown vape on the trip. I know you didn't ask 'is it easier to get a large dose from Solo or ESV, but I'll answer anyway......Solo by a mile. And it carries maybe ten times the useful run time per charge. ESV can be fussy with cure and grind, not so Solo. Another advantage I think when you're going into unknown herb land?

FWIW you sure don't hear many guys say Solo/Air doesn't work for them.....

Put another way, I have two ESVs (one on loan right now). I know them pretty well, have had one for a long time and used it a lot. I think they're neat. I'd leave them and take a Solo or Air. Or a Vapman (a personal favorite). Or maybe one of the Flowermates (simple solid performers). But even an ESV I know well and use often in controlled situations (good charge level, app handy, herb well cured and ground, etc.) I'd leave. Too much to go wrong and harsh your mellow. For instance, running out of battery (you need the app to read the level....).

Enjoy the trip, I hope you find the ESV of your dreams?

OF

slartibartfast

Your call of course. But given you found Solo didn't do a good enough job for you I consider your exceptionally brave to take an unknown vape on the trip. I know you didn't ask 'is it easier to get a large dose from Solo or ESV, but I'll answer anyway......Solo by a mile. And it carries maybe ten times the useful run time per charge. ESV can be fussy with cure and grind, not so Solo. Another advantage I think when you're going into unknown herb land?

FWIW you sure don't hear many guys say Solo/Air doesn't work for them.....

Put another way, I have two ESVs (one on loan right now). I know them pretty well, have had one for a long time and used it a lot. I think they're neat. I'd leave them and take a Solo or Air. Or a Vapman (a personal favorite). Or maybe one of the Flowermates (simple solid performers). But even an ESV I know well and use often in controlled situations (good charge level, app handy, herb well cured and ground, etc.) I'd leave. Too much to go wrong and harsh your mellow. For instance, running out of battery (you need the app to read the level....).

Enjoy the trip, I hope you find the ESV of your dreams?

OF
I just want to say that Joe at ipuffusa is the man. Emailed him, and not only did he gave me the coupon code early, he went out of his way to find me the best overnight shipping option and is sending it directly to my hotel. (I'm obviously paying for the shipping, but the fact that he went out and found me the cheapest option is so appreciated.)

If the product is even half as good as the pre-sales customer service, I'm going to be a happy man.

Mr Mellish

I just want to say that Joe at ipuffusa is the man. Emailed him, and not only did he gave me the coupon code early, he went out of his way to find me the best overnight shipping option and is sending it directly to my hotel. (I'm obviously paying for the shipping, but the fact that he went out and found me the cheapest option is so appreciated.)

If the product is even half as good as the pre-sales customer service, I'm going to be a happy man.

Good luck @slartibartfast! I'm confident you'll love the ESV. It really didn't seem to have much of a learning curve for me (although I did slow down my draw a bit after @Enchantre chimed in).

vape_dawg

Hey fellow vape-heads... I was the one who mentioned the sale over at Vape-Smart a few weeks back and I hadn't been logged in since. Looks like a few people had some scares with the company. I just wanted to chime in and say that mine came in 3 days from the date of ordering and was a legit item with a recent serial number (thank the lord). So now I have bought vapes twice from them and can say they have delivered as promised and quite quickly.

That being said, I have finally gotten used to the draw method in order to get a good pull off of this thing as my initial sessions were very sub-par, especially compared to the ease and flavor of the Crafty. But now I am starting to really like this unit! One issue that just came up though... when I plug in to my Macbook and open the app, the Elevape light turns green so I know the connection has been made, but the app is not detecting the vape. Anyone else had to deal with this issue? I guess I can go bug Joe if not. Thanks for helping me make the decision to buy this great vape all you posters!

OyVape

Hey, @vape_dawg, thanks to you, a few of us took the chance and got an incredible vape for an incredible deal! so thank you for that. :D

I dont know if the Mac version of the app is buggy but i couldnt even download it on mine, thanks to still having 10.6.8. it works ok on an old PC. i thought it wasn't seeing the vape but it turned out i had 2 instances of the app open so once i straightened that out it connected fine. kind of frustrating until it's ported to a mobile app.

BTW the green light means it is fully charged.

vape_dawg

Thanks for the reply @OyVape . And glad you grabbed that deal on VS. :)

Man, Joe from iPuff lives up to the hype. He had already answered my email within an hour of sending it. One of his suggestions was simply another USB cord and though I had already tried with 2 different ones, I pulled out the little shorty that came in the package and voila !! So that solved that issue.

Got it all dialed in and even better clouds now. Still feel like my Crafty is winning on the flavor side slightly but the instant-draw and battery life on this guy are amazing. Joe is the MAN, great to know he's got your back when any issues come up.

OF

Man, Joe from iPuff lives up to the hype.

I pulled out the little shorty that came in the package and voila !! So that solved that issue.

Well if he lives up to it, it's not 'hype' right? It's 'well earned reputation'? Or something along those lines. You're right, Joe is the genuine article. Too bad other vapes aren't as well supported.

Yes, the cable is critical to charging. Too long, or too thin a wire and you loose too much voltage. It only starts with five, it can't afford to have it drop more than a fraction of a volt if it's going to charge to 4.2 (it needs some 'headroom' to work). Using 'any old cable or USB source' is not guaranteed. Success is where you find it, glad you did.

Enjoy your ESV, it really is kinda special.

OF

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
After readjusting and flatting the coil, I had a really nice and flavorful sesh. Only a pinch, bottlecap, coil a little back maybe 15 degrees, tried to flip a load every 2nd or 3rd draw to stir it.
Good sweet hits, quite some of them. Seemed pretty "temp stable", no char or even bad taste. All fresh @305f. After a while stepped to 340f. Even still very good taste..Amazing! I'm very, very, very nicely elevaped. Thanks Joe @Ipuffusa !:wave::tup:

Last edited:

*plainlazy*

So had my elevape nearly a week. Im making progress with it and learning this curve. So far my best results have using 3 high temps of 400, 415 and 430. I have placed the coil flat but as close as i can get it to the unneath of the screen. The best draw techniques ive found Which have been mentioned slow draw so the light only just comes on and draw through the 8sec window. Ive also had good results using the firefly technique which is preheating the coil. Draw for 4 secs the stop then draw slowly through the 8sec window. This produces good results. My abv is coming out dark but flecks of green in it. Ive experimented using medium grind and fine grind also small amounts and packed amounts. The line is definitely the max. The effect is a nice creeping stone. But in my cloudchasing i think it comes down to my material not being the best right now. I got the new stuff around the same time as the returned elevape. Over the weekend i took a break from the esv and tried it in the e nano. Clouds were thinner than normal too. Within 7-10 days i should have a new batch of lot more potent material so hoping the clouds will soon follow.

vapen00b

So had my elevape nearly a week. Im making progress with it and learning this curve. So far my best results have using 3 high temps of 400, 415 and 430. I have placed the coil flat but as close as i can get it to the unneath of the screen. The best draw techniques ive found Which have been mentioned slow draw so the light only just comes on and draw through the 8sec window. Ive also had good results using the firefly technique which is preheating the coil. Draw for 4 secs the stop then draw slowly through the 8sec window. This produces good results. My abv is coming out dark but flecks of green in it. Ive experimented using medium grind and fine grind also small amounts and packed amounts. The line is definitely the max. The effect is a nice creeping stone. But in my cloudchasing i think it comes down to my material not being the best right now. I got the new stuff around the same time as the returned elevape. Over the weekend i took a break from the esv and tried it in the e nano. Clouds were thinner than normal too. Within 7-10 days i should have a new batch of lot more potent material so hoping the clouds will soon follow.

Great to hear about your results!
Your temps seem pretty high and your draws quite extended... You did not combust a single time with this setup? Could you manage to post close up pics of your "flat" heating coil and your ABV? Also have these green flecks... Then some brown as well as dark brown flecks. Also do you stir between hits? Using Bottlecap method ?

Thanks for sharing dude! :)

Kevea

When I was using 400 I was getting the same speckled avb. The temp is just too high and hot spots your herb, robbing flavor and creating uneven avb.

Keep messing with draw and try lower temps with your new batch. I can get decent clouds around 315-320 and small puffs at 305. I was only seeing results at the high temps like yourself until I really slowed down draw and then I was able to lower the temps.

It's definitely no cloud machine but it gets the job done nicely. Once you figure it out you'll see how much better the lower temps cook the herb. You won't get those dark brown pockets like on the higher temps creating that speckled avb. I also believe stirring is a must every 2-3 hits.

*plainlazy*

Just come back from a mates house. Was a little apprehensive showing him the esv with its price tag and the fact i havnt 100% figured it out yet. But anyway he liked the build and the tank like feel of it. He luckily had some different strain material to try. Used a medium grind and on temp 1 which is about 380ish he had he first puff. He blew a delious thicker cloud across at me. He had another draw same. He past it to his girlfriend and she did the same. Opened and stirred and got another 3-4 out of it on top temp. Load was very evenly Brown and hardly any green specks. He sorted me a bowl out and i got the same. Was really singing. Unfortunately his pc is out of action so couldn't experiment with lower temps. But soon as ive got my next batch i cant wait to put it through the elevape and different temps. Android app will be excellent if and when that comes out.

flying solo

Oh my. I was forced to leave my hobbit hole last month, and hop around a bit, and ran into a use case for which I had no answer. I had a stupid pen, some wax, some herb, an Air, and a combusta-oney, which is what I ended up using. The ESV perfectly fills this gap for me. I love it so much. I have a month to get it down, before I visit the folks. ESV and aeropress, ready to roll, I might roll all the way to san diego. I love the thought that goes into this unit. I am at the ready with stir tops and bottle caps, but starting stock, as I really love to experience something as designed, and with here a stir,and there a scrape, blueberry heaven is acheived. Nice job ipuffusa.
Thanks FCers, I can only get the ones I need, and cant afford to be wrong, so our collective experience is of grea direct benefit to me, and I thank you, and reflect warmth in your general directions. Where are those holidays? Lemme at 'em!

flying solo

Round two went swimmingly, so I got cocky, pumped up the temps to 12 on level two, and round three lit up like a fireworks factory. Not anything bad, but started turning really dark, then slight combustamente. I was flickering the red light at the time, that might have contributed. It in any case, gave me a good excuse to rip it apart, take out the retainer ring, put one fine screen in the bottom, bend the coil down, and put two NO2 screens in the cap. I used two to get coverage on the sides, as they are basically a square screen. Anyway, set it back on level one, filled it with sour d/gsc, and we are back rockin the free world. Awesome taste, level one is st 8.
The ESV obviouly isnt for everyone, but if the above sounds like your idea of a good time (the tinkering, not the combusting), you might like it. At Black Friday prices, it is priced within reach for many of us.
For me, it is really fun to use.
Its coming on the spaceship with me, for sure. :)

vapen00b

Round two went swimmingly, so I got cocky, pumped up the temps to 12 on level two, and round three lit up like a fireworks factory. Not anything bad, but started turning really dark, then slight combustamente. I was flickering the red light at the time, that might have contributed. It in any case, gave me a good excuse to rip it apart, take out the retainer ring, put one fine screen in the bottom, bend the coil down, and put two NO2 screens in the cap. I used two to get coverage on the sides, as they are basically a square screen. Anyway, set it back on level one, filled it with sour d/gsc, and we are back rockin the free world. Awesome taste, level one is st 8.
The ESV obviouly isnt for everyone, but if the above sounds like your idea of a good time (the tinkering, not the combusting), you might like it. At Black Friday prices, it is priced within reach for many of us.
For me, it is really fun to use.
Its coming on the spaceship with me, for sure. :)
Very nice, thanks for sharing that story. :)

Me havin a great time too.. I love this thing. Improved greatly on my technique, got a diff. nice and fresh tasting strain... Adjusted 2nd temp lower to 340 (8) and the third to 360.. Very tasty hits, even varied draw speed and had tremendous results... I'm enjoying progressing so much, I just wanna go for another tiny load. So much fun ... So punched in the face.. Weeew, here we are!!! In the name of sciiieeeeeennnce!:science::freak::rockon::razz::smug::party:

Top Bottom