• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
aReCoKW.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning you all, as I said my body tells me when to get up and get moving, 4am I was up and making coffee, washing dishes and getting my butt in gear. Went to testing all the 12/3's I got in yesterday and all perform really as I had expected, each and every one. I have bagged em and done shipping labels for them, will drop em in the mail very soon. ETA for all US is saying the 25th. I am very anxious to hear what you all think of them. I am and have been gathering a temp range for the dial to give you all an idea of where you would be running there about. I am certain you all are aware that many variables may be taken into consideration when you are running the WS that can affect the temp. This temp range will be the temperature of the heater when air is passed over it. This is in no way a 100% certain or dead on so dont hold me to this range. Also dont figure on testing yourself on the outside of the airpath and getting the same result. As I said this is a temp range of the heater itself, while you are using the WS this will give you an idea of what the temperature of the air will be heated to when passed over it.

@IAmKrazy2 Thank you sir and yes sir you are correct. Have also sent you an email just a bit ago and will be on the lookout for your reply.

@mucsusn Glad it arrived and glad you were able to get some idea out of it with the UD PS, I will have your 12/3 out to you today for you to really see how this beast will perform, anxious to hear about it from you and everyone else! I am unsure your question about wattage of my core, may I ask what you are thinking sir?

@little maggie I got you and will get you fixed up and repaired and back out to you as quickly as possible with your new 12/3 PS, I hope I can make it right with you and am doing my best to do so. Will be in touch with you again soon!

@starvingmusician24 My man you will most certainly need to use the temp control, this thing is going to be rocking your loads to the fullest bro! I am still gathering the temp range and I must say I am amazed at the power this piece has, geez!

@SSVUN~YAH Beautiful pic bro, I love seeing your work!

I am going up and down on the dial making sure that I am getting the same temps going up and then going back down then up again to a different # each time just to make sure they all fall back within the previous temp I logged, Once I feel good about it I will post up this range here for you all.

Wow check what I got in the mail the other day

Canadian Apple

TBvzfav.jpg

Canadian Flaming BoxElder Burl rrrrrr

o0nsh4S.jpg

Sorry for the crummy lighting on the pics, these are way more nicer. I am particularly excited about the Apple. @Squiby Told you I would have something from up round your neck of the woods!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, as a general temp range this is what I am finding

4 - 220 - 230
5 - 300 - 310
6 - 375 - 385
7 - 450 - 460
8 - 550 - 565
9 - 600 - 610
10 - 650 - 660

This is just a general temp range of the heater itself where air passes over it. This range is not of it mounted within the WS. There are many variables for it being mounted in it that the range could be less verified. Yes 660 is hot, I have run it in the WS and the outer feeling on the hand is not as warm as you would think it may be. In fact being Titanium it will retain less heat. If you look down the air path tube where it mounts in the base there are those cutouts, these make for very little heat transfer from the tube to the base. This design also ensures there is very little metal to wood heat transfer ensuring the longevity of the unit when using these high temps. Now I would never recommend you use the WS at high temps like this over 400 degrees for a long time. I would say that you should use it for just a short time doing your thing and then dialing it back to 5 or so for times of longer operations. Since the WS can reach normal operating temps within 1-2 minutes so the WS should never be left on running continuously ever.

@sixstringsmash Ohhh that wood is super sexy, I am anxious to start working it up for sure!

@SSVUN~YAH Thank you bro, those are beautiful pieces you have there sir!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Good morning, @Ed's TnT.....the reason I asked about the wattage of your heater core is that, as a lifelong working musician, I have BOXES full of wall warts from gear now in electronics heaven. Many of them are twelve volt, and those that have the correct polarity and plug can service other needs. Knowing the wattage of your core will allow me to calculate current draw. Any of my old 12V wall warts with the right connector and polarity will work if they deliver enough current. Thanks for all you do!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@mucsusn Hey hey, what do you play? I was an audio tech for alot of years, was a fun gig. Yes sir I bet you do have a bunch of em put back as do I. My heater is 10W, I am using center positive 12/3's now. Hope this helps and let me know bout your background a bit pls sir, am curious!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@mucsusn Hey hey, what do you play? I was an audio tech for alot of years, was a fun gig. Yes sir I bet you do have a bunch of em put back as do I. My heater is 10W, I am using center positive 12/3's now. Hope this helps and let me know bout your background a bit pls sir, am curious!
@Ed's TnT Thanks for the quick response. Since current is watts divided by volts, I now know that at 12 volts, your heater is drawing .833 amps. This means that all of my UD PS's will work, as will a number of other ones I have lying around. I have a number of high current ones from old Roland gear. Your new one is actually powerful enough to power several logs at once. The current rating on the original warts you supplied was plenty high enough, but my WS never got close to hot enough to vape plant material. They were probably just a bum batch, maybe faulty taps on the transformers so that they weren't providing enough voltage. Whatever the case, I'm on track now, and let me tell you, you have created a lovely addition to our vaping universe. The combination of a nice log with VC tech is a stone cold winner, IMO.

As to your question, I'm a keyboard player. Spent twenty years as a musician in the US Navy, now freelancing for the past 22 years since my retirement from active duty. I have a great church gig now and play all kinds of freelance work, from solo piano to recording sessions, choral work, chamber work and I also am a member of a small regional Symphony Orchestra in the area. I live a blessed life:-)

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I've been occasionally checking the USPS tracking of the 10th anniversary WS from Ed in the US, to me here in the UK, and got slightly worried for a moment when it said "delivered" this morning, but still no package! :o

So I did a little googling and found a very concise explanation of why USPS delivery confirmation can be considered...... bunkum:

http://immortalephemera.com/8970/usps-delivery-confirmation-and-missing-packages/

I'm re-posting it here to calm anyone else in my position who may have received a 'delivered' conclusion to their tracking without any package actually turning up yet.

So hopefully tomorrow or the next day I'll join the happy throng of WS owners :popcorn:

Has anyone else experienced this?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was able to try out my WS today. Tried my Vapir 2 ps and it worked to supply power for my WS. This is a great tool to extract all the goodies from your bud. I tried a GonG, matching wooden stem and the glass. I like wood but i really like glass.

This is a nice delicate glass stem which gives great vapor flavor from my Granddaddy Purp. I could see myself breaking it so I better buy a couple extras. The stem sits right at the end of the heater. It's suppose to fit that way, on the wobbly side. I've already had some close calls. It gives off some big vapor clouds. I'm pretty medicated right now. It's taking me awhile to post this. I definitely wouldn't be able to drive anywhere.

So far so good with my preliminary testing.:smug: Here's to you Ed:cheers:

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

I was able to try out my WS today. Tried my Vapir 2 ps and it worked to supply power for my WS. This is a great tool to extract all the goodies from your bud. I tried a GonG, matching wooden stem and the glass. I like wood but i really like glass.

This is a nice delicate glass stem which gives great vapor flavor from my Granddaddy Purp. I could see myself breaking it so I better buy a couple extras. The stem sits right at the end of the heater. It's suppose to fit that way, on the wobbly side. I've already had some close calls. It gives off some big vapor clouds. I'm pretty medicated right now. It's taking me awhile to post this. I definitely wouldn't be able to drive anywhere.

So far so good with my preliminary testing.:smug: Here's to you Ed:cheers:
I can't wait for mine, seriously. If Ed had the CS cert I might have got mine for my birthday yesterday :( I have to settle for a spalted Sticky Brick Jr until ed gets that certificate, and its still in the mail :(

damn VAS :D

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ed has already recieved and repaired my unit. It is being bench tested tonight. With any luck i will see it Tuesday or Wednesday.
Just wanted to say Ed went above and beyond to ensure i was a happy customer throughout this ordeal. When there is bumps in the road i am not always easy to appease, Ed his done a stellar job in this reguard. He has turned a negative experience into a positive one.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Canadian Apple

TBvzfav.jpg

Canadian Flaming BoxElder Burl rrrrrr

o0nsh4S.jpg

:drool::drool::drool: Ahhhh there it is! That Flame Box Elder with all those rich pink swirls!

I don't think I can afford a WS for a while unfortunately, but damn that is exactly my ideal wood choice for sure...

Oh hey and that there Apple ain't half bad either! I do like grey swirls too

Pulling for ya @IAmKrazy2, was never worried, it's just time delays, but looking forward to when you have it back and working properly so you can share your impressions!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
My ps for the WS came today and I just plugged it in, it heats up fast. It feels heavier than the last one.

Last night after I was done trying out my WS, I was ready for bed pretty early. I was using some pretty hot vapor before I had my temp figured out. So you know what high heat does. I over did it a bit and was toasty:smug:.

I have some Purple Haze right now that I'm trying out. A nice lavender \ berry taste. Really liking the flavor that I'm getting from my bud along with WS right now.

The craftsmanship that was put into this little powerhouse looks amazing. I screwed my titanium tip (from my GonG) into my wooden stem, it works awesome that way. The higher the heat the larger the vapor clouds, I'm a flavor chaser vs a cloud chaser but this log does both.

I will continue to just use the WS for a while to break her in. A really great vaporizer @Ed's TnT. :buzz::leaf::D

Edi
When using the wooden stem with the titanium tip I needed to turn the heat down from the temp I was using with the glass stem. The titanium must produce more heat. I think too you lose more heat with the glass. I'm liking using both stems. We have a lot of science types on the forum I'm sure they can explain it better than myself.

Last edited:

ArthurJ

All right, so I dialed it to ten and felt lIke it heated up pretty quick, dialed it back to six (fearing high temps I'd read about earlier) and loaded the tip in the wood stem. Got a mixed bag, some light hits, a couple heavier, but nothing overwhelming. Decided to try the glass stem and more of the same. Decided to turn it back up to 10, worried about combusting, but threw caution to the wind. Loaded the glass water attachment and hit that, not bad, then went back to the ti tip this time with the wong and that was the ticket, BIG clouds, dark abv. A very nice pairing with my j-hook! I think I didn't let it heat up enough initially and I don't think I need to be shy about running it high.
It rips pretty good.

sixstringsmash

Well I have some good and bad news to share. First the bad, then the good.

The bad: Well I'm a dumby and I seem to have dropped my unit twice since receiving it already

The good: This thing is built like a tank. Two consecutive falls from my desk from a stoned dummy and this thing is still working great thank god.

Cl4ud3

Well I have some good and bad news to share. First the bad, then the good.

The bad: Well I'm a dumby and I seem to have dropped my unit twice since receiving it already

The good: This thing is built like a tank. Two consecutive falls from my desk from a stoned dummy and this thing is still working great thank god.
Maybe time to invest in a child's water wing ?

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Ed's 10th anniversary bog-oak WS has touched down at casa Copacetic!

Man it looks beautiful :love::love::love:
Thanks SO much @Ed's TnT , you da' man :rockon:

I'm on a (long :cry:) health imposed T-break at the moment, but I have goodies waiting for a good log launch when I'm back to full strength, so I'll get a vid' then :nod: (new PS will be here by then too).

In the mean-time, I'll be trying out the aroma-cup and that little bottle of lemony fragrance (man that stuff's strong, not even sure it requires heating at all!, it's already permeating the house :lol:).

The whole package is very impressive, and seems to cover all possible herb usage formats.

Abso-lutely freakin' DELIGHTED here Ed, GREAT work :party:

Hey @phattpiggie , next time your travels take you north of the wall you're very welcome to drop in for a test flight :cheers:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, has been a great week, gotten a bunch of work done and got a great weekend ahead.

@mucsusn Glad to hear you are on track now and enjoying that piece! Everyone else should have gotten the replacement PS and should be up and running now as well. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come sir! Ahhh a keyboard player, nice and you get to use your talent as a ministry for the Lord, very very cool! That is a blessing to share your love with others in that way, am happy to hear this and thank you for sharing this with me! I wish you many more years spreading the word bro!

@Copacetic I am showing delivered so I hope you like what you see? I also have your 12/3 in route as well, hoping it shows soon enough and you are able to blows some clouds yourself. You nailed it with the USPS, they are great for the most part but do fail at reliability from time to time. Thanks for posting up to help explain the delays. I hope all is well and look to hear from you soon bout that piece.

@CarolKing Happy to hear you are enjoying your WS, yes some folks like wood, some folks like glass more, to each their own. The glass will have a little gap and will not fit nearly ad tight as the Ti tip, the glass is standard size so that's best I can get as far as fit I figure. Not being a glass guy myself I am not sure if the connection could be any tighter, thing is its working for you and that is good news to me! Yes ma'am the Ti tip will be hotter due to holding the heat more so than the glass and will not take as much power on the dial, the glass will take more though to achieve the same amount of vapor. Sounds like you are having a good time with the WS and I am thankful to hear this as well. Better to hear more good than what has been the past. I appreciate you and look to hear more from you again!

@Cl4ud3 This really kills me I cant get this to you sooner and in tome for your Bday, I am working on it everyday bro believe me! I just sent an email to my peeps in China this morning, they have all my electrical components and are sourcing a couple smalls for me. I am talking with them about getting a short order out to test and ensure the PS to finish before I can place my order with them fully. I cant get my CE for the heaters until the next batch I have specially made, that's not that big a deal since I didnt order that many on the first run. Am getting closer than I was a bit back and still moving forward on this. I wish you a happy birthday and all the best!

@Mr. Me2 I am sending your bro that email to your bro just now, thanks again!

@starvingmusician24 So glad to hear you are getting positive results also, am very happy to hear all this, thanks!

@ArthurJ Wow glad to hear your PS made it and your experience was good with it, I appreciate the pic also, very neat!

@IAmKrazy2 Thank you my man, I want you to be a happy and proud owner of a WS and customer most of all. I have said it many times if you aren't happy I am not happy and that aint cool, I hope when it returns that you will be as happy as can be considering all the delays and hassles along the way. I have you done, packaged and labeled headed to the post office in a short few. Thanks much for the cooperation and patience.

@little maggie I have you all done and ready to go out to the post office in about an hour, hopefully you will have it as early as Tuesday! Thanks to you as well and hope I can make it right with you, let me know when it shows pls.

@Shit Snacks I thought you would like to see that BE burl, some are eye poppers, I love this specie oh and the Apple you are right isn't bad either, just wait to see it all done up and ready for the show!

@CarolKing Wow mean alot to hear all this good feedback, I am more than grateful and glad to hear you are enjoying the WS as well, clouds and flavor at the same time, you so gotta like that!

@Melting Pot My man, I will have your desired piece I can assure you, its been put back and thank you for the kind words for me and my girl. Am bout to wake her up and get us started on our day together, any day with her is way better than a day without!

@sixstringsmash You so gotta dig that also, sure hate to see that piece get all dinged up but hey its meant to be used not sit on a shelf so go ahead and kick a dent in the back fender hell its all part of racing aint it!

@Cl4ud3 Lol bro!

Has anyone noticed a faint noise coming from the heat port? I haven't noticed this until now til I was alerted to it. I have gone over the internals and all is secure I have gone over the unit with different setups and components, the noise happens when the temp control is pushing power to it, the noise is its loudest at bout the midway point, its not there when the unit is plugged directly to the ps or ps-ext. cable. The noise is very faint but is there in other units. I have tested other heaters and dc jacks connections are all secure and it works properly, its just a faint noise that is going to be in there, all is good though.

@Copacetic Glad it made it and thanks for the kind words also, really wanted you to be happy with it and am excited to hear you are. Hang in there and get back on your feet, good times await ya!

Top Bottom