1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Ed's TnT, Jul 28, 2016.

1. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

A lot of sweat and expertise went into these log vapes. A long time of planning and critiquing his techniques and method. I for one am very happy with my new WS. It's a big world and plenty of folks looking to purchase a unique piece of wood to use as a vaporizer.

Many folks with different preferences. I guess you can only please some of the people part of the time. @Ed's TnT don't listen to the negative. You've got a winner here.

I think it's good to listen to the suggestions but not the mean stuff. I haven't heard much of any of the negatives.

Edit
    The heater gets really hot but the outside of the wood is just a tiny bit warm.

The WS doesn't use a lot of material, you don't need to stir and evenly toasts your ABV. The stems get hot fast, others have stated no need to heat soak. It works as a session vape or as a one or a two hitter.

I do like flavor as well as how my vaporizers medicate and hit - this unit fits both criteria for me.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  2. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

@Ed's TnT Heya Ed, just wanted to say I've been following along every few weeks, I do smell a WS on my horizon! I even found my old stem I meant to send you awhile back, so maybe I can re purpose it for a WS down the line! Birthday is coming up and this seems like a good gift :)

Everyone needs to complain bout something ya know? Gripes make the world go round ;) don't let it get to ya - FWIW I haven't seen really any negative stuff said either.

These are really pretty logs, I love everyones so far I've seen, especially CK"s Thuya Burl , and those flaming Box Elder blanks :drool:

CONGRATS so much on the engagement and hope you and the kids are all doing well - you deserve this success and happiness my friend!

3. Aezhenn

Aezhenn Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Hey Ed, as CarolKing says, don't listen to the negative (when it doesn't bring something positive).
    I know and you know, and when I read at FC, I can say PEOPLE know you have done a very good log vape.
    Of course, it cannot please to everyone BUT, i'm sure we will find a lot of people happy with the WS! :)

4. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Just a quick comment on my experience. I love my woodscent and so far have only tried it with wood. This may not be an issue with the glass. I have COPD and have difficulty with vapes that have any draw resistance. The wood stems that came with it don't work for me because of that. I need a hole in the stem. Fortunately, I have quite a few vapcaps and they all have holes so that I'm using them with my woodscent and it works great.

5. ArthurJ

ArthurJ Well-Known Member

So I got this glass piece (I'm not exactly sure what you call it) from grasscity a few months ago and look, it has "WS" right on it! It pairs with a j-hook and the wong fits wight in!!!

[​IMG]

6. muunch

muunch zzzzz

@Ed's TnT

I've also been keeping my eye on your progress man and you're putting out some beautiful stuff.

Don't let anyone get you down and keep doing what you're doing and what makes you happy.

I like all the positivity you spread and your updates on your kids etc (congrats on the engagement by the way!) so don't let anyone's silly WORDS get you down. Look at what you're doing man! This is some sweet stuff!! You won't be able to please everyone and will go insane trying, so cut yourself some slack!

7. Diggy Smalls

Diggy Smalls Daily Roaster

Brother Ed, don't let the bastards get you down. I own a HI and a UD and eventually I'll own a WS, too. There's enough room in the world for another log vape.

8. Prolusio

Prolusio Well-Known Member

I can understand someone not being 100% satisfied with a product and being disappointed with that... But I think anyone who's upset with the successful launch of the WS itself is focusing way too much on the :2c:/:argh: and not nearly enough on the fact that a kind, respected and talented member of our community has found a way to support his family while following his dreams.

9. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

And, after all, variety is the spice of life!

10. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Ed, fuck them all off!

I am not in the measure to make an order yet.
    I have already 3 logs and your one will be the 4th sometimes in the future for sure!

I love what I hear about shorter pre heat time, I guess all the titanium you put in there is not only for safety and class

about power supply: 3A is the best? 2A isn't enough?

11. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

@Ed's TnT , going by my usually good gut feelings and intuition, I would say it is a case of jealousy. You exube a charm and joy about life, you seem to have a lot of good things going for you, you wear it all on your sleeve.
    And they can sense that you may be open to emotional attack, hence the parasites strike!

Well damn them, they are the weak ones who get off on trying to make you unhappy. So simply dont let them. See it for that, and just be proud to be who you are and achieving what you are in life.

Take back that power and dont look back!:tup:

12. ArthurJ

The more I use it the more I like it.
    I'm finding that I prefer the wong and the glass stem and I I like to run it around 7 or 8 on the dial. I like to kind of sip at it.

[​IMG]

13. little maggie

I didn't see what kind of negative comments but why negative comments about a brand new product? Especially one that's had so few problems. That's incredibly rare and is a sign of Ed's professionalism.

14. CarolKing

Sitting on the back porch enjoying some Gorilla Glue in my WS. Glad it's Friday.

[​IMG]

15. IAmKrazy2

IAmKrazy2 Darth Vapor

So i got the WS on Monday and it has been the only vape I have used since i got it. This to me, speaks volumes.

This has happened with other vapes before, when i first got my Cloud, Evo, and Zion i went weeks and weeks even months only using one vape. Amoung others.

But when i got other vapes recently i still like such as the Grasshopper Supreme 3 or Vapolution 3 i was using other vapes within less than 24hrs. Good vapes but not a daily driver IMO.

The WS is certainly capable of being a daily driver for me. And one that gets it done with minimal herb. It isn't perfect, and some minor improvements in both stem systems could still elevate it further, but as is this is an excellent vape. When considering this as a plug in package that combines an easy to use high functioning vaporizer with a very discreet and almost artsy beautiful vape it is very nice..much appeal.

Edit. PS...not my best written post after multiple (many) glasses of bourbon and some WS stems. But hopefully you get my points above. Happy Friday night everyone. TGIF

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  16. ArthurJ

I 've found my sweet spot.
    I like the wong in my j-hook (I'm sorry but somehow that just sounds wrong) with the WS running about 8 and I plant the log on the tip and puff away. Elementary!
    It's pleasant, relaxing and a nice complement to others in my collection.

17. CarolKing

I will have to bring out my j hook later and pair it with the WS. Everyone should have a good j hook, such an essential glass tool to have.

18. little maggie

Ed is going to add a carb hole to my stems. (Hard to find better customer service.) Just wondering if I'm the only one who needs the carb hole to increase air flow.

19. CarolKing

I'm interested in buying a VapeCap that will fit the Woodscents. I've been wondering about the VC but don't like using a lighter. @Ed's TnT which one would work the best?

You're probably are out having fun - you need that! Glad everything is going well in your life. Been using just the WS for the most part over a week. I'm loving it.

Aezhenn, Ed's TnT, Alexis and 4 others like this.
  20. beach bum

beach bum Member

I think an older log vape that's no longer produced once offered an optional glass stem with a carb hole. Ran across one recently when I was cleaning. So I'd say others have expressed this in the past.

Having tried both, I prefer no hole. But I can understand why some may want it. :nod:

21. jeffp

jeffp psychonaut

Yes, the "glass tootie" and the "plain jane glass tootie."

Vapor_Eyes, muunch, Ed's TnT and 2 others like this.
  22. CarolKing

If you experience some draw restriction, stirring the load breaks up the cannabis because it will stick together when hot. I use the improved version of the Solo and it has a slight draw restriction. I personally don't like too airy of a draw. The draw with the WS works for me. Using too much cannabis in the herb chamber can cause too tight of a draw, just like with the nano. The cannabis will pack after inserting the stem and not enough airflow gets through your flowers.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Vapor_Eyes, Ed's TnT, Alexis and 4 others like this.
  23. ArthurJ

A new favorite combo! My omnivap arrived yesterday, I thought I'd give it a go with my WS. A nice pair!

[​IMG]

24. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

And I am STILL on the moon my man!
    I am LOVING the WS. I'm amazed at how little material I can use.
    I have the glass stem set up for bigger sessions and more material.
    The long wooden stem set up for daily microdosing (with shatter AND dry herb, boom)

I absolutely love the wood choice and the slight flavor undertone the wooden stem has.
    I think I'm going to get some more stems in different woods so I can compare.

Alexis, Adobewan, GreenHopper and 8 others like this.
  25. little maggie

All the stems fit so it's a matter of picking the design you like- a wong or any style. I haven't tried my omni yet.
    Dynavap just released an inexpensive vapcap this weekend. That's the only one that may not work. Mine should be coming in a couple of days so I can see if it works. If it does, it would be a great one to try with the woodscent.

Alexis, Philreal187, Drexciya and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors