Ed's WoodScents Log Vape - Ed's TnT

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I am using my wooden stem today that came with my WS. I did take the titanium tip off the GonG, it works better for me that way. I will be buying another titanium tip for my GonG. I'm not going to take it out of the stem back and forth to use. I would think that would be too much on going stress on the wood.

So @Ed's TnT will the Ti tips be for sale on your website? I think they are awesome. I would like to order one and I will be ordering a couple of the glass stems too. Never a dull moment at @Ed's TnT . A real winner with this log vape buddy! Have an awesome weekend everybody!:love:

Edit
Using wood I don't have to worry about breaking glass!!

I wanted to add also that the bottom is solid and the cord is light weight. You don't need to worry about the cord dragging the WS off the table. It doesn't even need a stand but I might want to buy one some day when and if they become available. Also with the leather on the bottom of this unit it makes it even more of a unique piece plus adds to the stability.

Last edited:

Aezhenn

Accessory Maker
Here 's my walnut WS...

186235DSCF0591.jpg

I was on the beta team and I have to say Ed has done a wonderful work on the WS conception.
The final version is really great: I like it a lot!
It heats up very fast, and this little beast answers quickly to the dimmer's request.
For me, between 6 and 9, it's a cloud machine, and the flavors stay very good.
Good job bro! :tup:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Anyone have a report on the new power supplies? I won't have mine until next week so I was curious what everyone thought about them.
Just used the new PS today, and it worked fine. A little larger, denser and heavier than the previous iteration. Tried the glass for the first time today...used one of my supply of preformed UD screens. One small load, medium grind, two great hits and one a little less dense, but thoroughly medicated ;-). Didn't have the time or mental capacity to do more today, but it looks like my UD glass stems might work also. Will let you all know.

CarolKing

I like the ti tip on my wooden stem. IMO not harsh at all, depending on your temperature. The glass will take a higher heat. Great taste as well has large clouds. At first I thought I liked the glass better but I like both. I've used the wooden stem with the ti tip most of the day.

The unit doesn't require a lot of material to get the job done.

Eventually the ti tip will be for sale to buy separately.

Thursday when I was nailing the temp it felt like I did combust. I started high and worked my way down. I needed to start low and work my way up. So far a good temp for me is around between 7 and 8. At first I had a hard time with the temp dial but figured it out in no time. It's hard to see the dial I use a little flashlight, that works.

Ive had a great time trying out my new WS the past 3 days. Good vapor flavor as well as large milky clouds for you cloud chasers.

Last edited:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
So far, I've had full power (no dimmer, because my vaped ass misplaced it) rips through the Ti tip and 14mm wood stem (dry), the 18mm WonG and Ti tip through water, and glass direct draw. The glass was the tastiest at full power, easy to modulate with a little bit or glass rotation and slippage. I need to get one of the multi-output VVPS's that UD just started selling and powering it with the new 3A power supply that @Ed's TnT just sent. Then I can have my Wood Scents, one of my dogs, and an e-nano fired up, heat soaked and ready to power their best stems, GonGs and NonGs. Sweeeeeeet...........

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I can see a lot of cheap tattoo gun power supplies on DHgate/Fasttech etc and am wondering is 1.5 or 2 amps supplies might be enough to properly power the WS?

I know the supply that was shipped with the first few units was 2A, and that Ed has replaced them with a 3A version, but am I right in thinking that 3A is overkill, and not strictly necccessary?

The ones I have been looking at are generally around 16-18 volt maximum @ 1.5 or 2 amps.

Does @Ed's TnT or any of you other 'lectrical illuminati have any advice re' these supplies?

an example or two:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/whole...lay-tattoo-power/394620255.html#mfavit-3-null

1.5 to 16 volt @2Amp ($14.78)
wholesale-one-digital-display-tattoo-power-for-machine-gun-kit-set-supply-black-tps17-b.jpg

and:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-...cinfo=8,108,11#cppd-11-5|null:108:r0561509361

1.5 to 18 volt @1.5 amps ($10.39!)
rBVaEFfDydCAGsj5AAGI_3WagKU724.jpg

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Enjoying my first impressions. I am seeing a need to get to 9 on the dial for that really good extraction of a unground little chunk, especially with the glass stem. But once up to temp she does what i like. Big clouds. Quick extraction. Power.

Ground up material performs well at a lower temp. Could see surfing setting 6 to 8 for ground material depending on moisture content.

Certainly a microdoser. Doesn't take much. Higher temp seems to be needed with glass stem. Taste is good in first impressions, but not top of market.

Cool package. High temp glass rips certainly an option. Very discreet. Good durability of unit. Stem parts are readily available.

More to come.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Could you please elaborate on that part? Like why it's not top and what you consider to be top?

I don't seem to be getting as pronounced a flavor as i do with a clean Zion, Vapolution 3, or Herbializer. The Evo i would have put in this category too but after years of use my bamboo is permanently stained and also seems to effect flavor. But at one point, i did consider the Evo the best of best for flavor and i think a brand new unit would still be up there if not all stained.

It may be i need to fine tune temp more in the WS to get that elite flavor. The fact i prefer a little unground plant nug chunk over ground material is certainly a factor too. Ground material is obliterated in this log, the chunks take more heat, especially with the glass stems.

Taste is still very good in the WS especially with the glass stems, but again in first impressions seems to be just bellow elite in this category.

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning you all, wow has been a slammed past few days, did the weekend with my girl and boys, had to split the time with em 50/50, even had my girl out in the shop with me, she was branding stems, buttering them and getting em ready for shipment. I think I mentioned back I had 200 Arizer pieces as well as some other smalls going to 4 dealers in 4 different countries, alot to do! Then had to get my tax paperwork done, I always wait to the last minute to do that considering I owe, hoping I dont owe a ton, will see next week when I meet with my lady, fingers crossed. My oldest and youngest have their first regional shooting competition this saturday, my youngest has quite the eye!

@CarolKing Hello, glad you are enjoying your WS! You have the Thuya which is a fairly dense species, swapping the tip from stem to wong should be ok as long as you lube the orings with a little BAB. I plan on adding the Ti tips to retail soon just working on all that and finishing up smalls here and there. True that, wood wont break like glass! That was a big issue for me, I didnt want the WS to be so small and tiny that the cord and all pulled it from its place. I like small yes but can be a problem. Figured with the long extension from the temp control that wouldnt be an issue. Also glad you like the leather, I found that and like its detail, very unique. Thats the best thing about the WS is how little it takes to nedicate, you can really get where you need to be with very minimal amount of meds. Thanks for all the input and advise for others!

@rosedale Good morning, got yours in the mail Monday and sent you a PM a bit ago with info, you should see it today sir! I hope all is well and wish you a great day!

@Aezhenn So glad to have you on the beta team, you are my guy and I thank you for the kind words bro!

@mucsusn Glad you got it and are up and running now, good deal! I added a couple conical screens to the package with the glass that can be used with the WS glass stems as well. Thatd be great if your UD glass works with it also, more options is great! Geez my man you are killing it like a ripping roaring monster, rrrrrr I love it!

@Copacetic My man you are right, 12/3 is a bit larger than what the WS needs, thing is finding PS's from a steady and dependable manufacturer with CE certification has been tough. I got these from a supplier that offers them regularly with or without the CE so to get my foot in the door I put in the order. There is alot to this log stuff, alot more than I had even thought of, shows how much I know, it aint just a piece of wood with a hole in it. I have one od those red ones in the bottom of that pic, worked great for use with my CRZ back in the day but got hot on the outer casing, worried me a bit. If you get either of those which you sure can do and use, you will need to make a wire that is 1/4" male audio on one end and on the other you will have to tie in the 2.1x5.5mm jack. I think there are some other log guys that make and offer those or at least they did back in the day.

@IAmKrazy2 Wow, did you and @little maggie a turn around in less than 12 hours and back out the door on Saturday where it arrived on Monday, when USPS gets it right they really nail it! I hope it time you can dial in your spot for flavor, I feel you, thats bid deal to me also, I dont like to just get blitzed I do like flavor but its all in what frame of mind I want to reach. Keep at it and let us know where you work up to get there for that.

@Cl4ud3 Little maggies got a walnut one off piece I did ways back, there isnt another like hers.

@sixstringsmash That sounds like a good tip as well, thanks for posting up!

Ok, I have thought about this and even slept on it, yesterday I wasnt going to say thing but this morning I feel I wanna mention it. I have been round here since 09, I have been working on my own desire to make a log since then pretty much. I have never trashed anyone here and thought I was cool with so many. Seems as long as I was just ol Ed the wood stem guy all was cool, who doesnt like wooden stems right. When the WS was in beta I was beginning to hear bout this or that, well as soon as I get a log out, all that changes and the gloves come off. Its really crummy getting slammed for doing what I love & have always wanted. There is a big giant world out there with enough pie for everyone to get more than they need.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT reminds me of the saying " They hate us cause they ain't us". Keep doing you bro. logs are just like pie some are pecan some are apple everyone has a preference. On a positive note this thing is built tank tough it survived a fall from the mantle over the fire place the other day not even a ding in the wood.

Well said my man, well said and wise words! Same to you brother, keep on keeping on and glad to hear not a ding in sight! Rip off a few for me this morning pls sir, take care and be safe!

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Ed's TnT

Just keep doing what you are doing man!
There is enough space in this world for a few more Log makers!

Guess some other manufacturers may need to up their game to catch up to you!

I don't own one yet but it is on my radar!!
Need more usage videos with herb, concentrates and double deckers!!!
:mmmm: GET CRACKING PEOPLE!!!:whip:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT

Just keep doing what you are doing man!
There is enough space in this world for a few more Log makers!

Guess some other manufacturers may need to up their game to catch up to you!

I don't own one yet but it is on my radar!!
Need more usage videos with herb, concentrates and double deckers!!!
:mmmm: GET CRACKING PEOPLE!!!:whip:

Thank you sir, I appreciate ya! My guy at 420vapezone, got a piece of glass from me a ways back, I mentioned the WS to him and he was very interested, even bought one saying he had no log review content. Got it to him after a bump or so and got an email from him last week saying he had two arrivals that day, one where the WS arrived and the other was him arriving on the moon! He is going to do a full review with his HD camera and get that out soon enough, I feel he will cover all the bases and as soon as I have some info for it I will pass it along. Do let me know when you wanna make something happen and get with me and I will get you right. Thanks again chief and be safe!

@Melting Pot Nice one, I know you are my heavy, am sure you still got some ass kickings in ya and need to get a few out here or there, be a good way to make a day right!

CarolKing

A lot of sweat and expertise went into these log vapes. A long time of planning and critiquing his techniques and method. I for one am very happy with my new WS. It's a big world and plenty of folks looking to purchase a unique piece of wood to use as a vaporizer.

Many folks with different preferences. I guess you can only please some of the people part of the time. @Ed's TnT don't listen to the negative. You've got a winner here.

I think it's good to listen to the suggestions but not the mean stuff. I haven't heard much of any of the negatives.

Edit
The heater gets really hot but the outside of the wood is just a tiny bit warm.

The WS doesn't use a lot of material, you don't need to stir and evenly toasts your ABV. The stems get hot fast, others have stated no need to heat soak. It works as a session vape or as a one or a two hitter.

I do like flavor as well as how my vaporizers medicate and hit - this unit fits both criteria for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom